Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? (1158 Views)

Confessions Of An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by damiperry(f): 10:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
I've noticed that most writers are usually atheist(i dont want to become one)why is it so? Is it because of continous acquiring of knowledge and studying and reading of many(too much) books? I was told some started like that and go on to become professors and then they ended up becoming atheists & critics who posseses intellectual knowledge(if am right about that). I have the aim of becoming a professor in future but now am uncertain, afraid of becoming one cos i really do BELIEVE that God exist(not discriminating against atheists tho,it's a free world). Is there a possibility to be turned?. What changes their mind because i know some of them do believe in God while they still young kids. What's ur thought?
Re: Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by Ploy(m): 11:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
They become atheist because they know too much about life.

If anything is worse than knowing too little, it is knowing too much.

Knowledge is light but exposure to too much light can lead to blindness.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by Champele(m): 12:53am On Feb 02, 2015
Being religious is ignorance. For me,learning alot and accepting the facts,that's why i became atheist.
Re: Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 02, 2015
When one realize every thing in life is contradictory one begins to have a second thought of one previous notion. Personally I think it's better to belief in something than to leave that part of our existence void.
Re: Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by Akposb(m): 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
The fact they had a religion before does not mean that they understood its tenets. Writers become atheist when they are unable to see beyond the thoughts of others. Everyman is guided by a subconscious that is heavily influenced by the thoughts we cherish or nurse each day.
Re: Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by slap1(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
When you write, you create your own world. When you fail to draw a line between the real world and the ones you create, you tend to believe there's no God.
Re: Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by kay29000(m): 8:24am On Feb 05, 2015
Ploy:
They become atheist because they know too much about life.

If anything is worse than knowing too little, it is knowing too much.

Knowledge is light but exposure to too much light can lead to blindness.

This is the best answer. Ironically for me, I became an atheist in 2009 when I decided to read the whole bible. Funny, right? But true, as the poster above said, too much knowledge can be a problem sometimes...I get depressed sometimes cos I know so much and I have to live with loved ones who are still ignorant of the truth. It is like being the only sober person in a car full of drunk people.
Re: Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by Ploy(m): 9:14am On Feb 05, 2015
kay29000:

This is the best answer. Ironically for me, I became an atheist in 2009 when I decided to read the whole bible. Funny, right? But true, as the poster above said, too much knowledge can be a problem sometimes...I get depressed sometimes cos I know so much and I have to live with loved ones who are still ignorant of the truth. It is like being the only sober person in a car full of drunk people.

I'm not an atheist but still not a dogmatic believer in anything. Dan Brown happened to be my best author and he raises more controversial points about Christianity that got me toughen.

Seriously, when you look at some silly argument even from so called religious leaders, I hate then not religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Writers End Up Becoming Atheist? by kay29000(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2015
Ploy:

I'm not an atheist but still not a dogmatic believer in anything. Dan Brown happened to be my best author and he raises more controversial points about Christianity that got me toughen.

Seriously, when you look at some silly argument even from so called religious leaders, I hate then not religion.

It is always good to be open minded as a writer/creative person.

(1) (Reply)

A Book Review- A Dialogue With My Country By Niyi Osundare / My Cute Bro Who Always Wanted To Be A Modelling Artist (photos) / The Odyssey Of An African Orphan By Doose Ukange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.