Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Is God Working For Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Working For Nigeria? (1070 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Working For Nigeria? by huxley(m): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2008
The vast majority of Nigerian are overwhelmingly theistic, believing in a omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent God who intervenes hourly in humanly affairs, issuing justices, retributions, rewards and blessings. Not least, of course, the ultimate reward of eternal life in the bossom of their god.

To this end, Nigerians spend a great deal of their spare time, financial means and mental effort in praise and worship of their God, requesting all manner of blessings from him.  But the factors of the ground in Nigeria correlates so poorly with a people who are so god-fearing and pious.  How can this be explain?

Why is Nigeria one of the poorest nations on earth in spite of its wealth in natural resources, talent and most importantly a particular favourite nation of God?  Is God sitting up in his thrown, folded arms, watching this utter waste of his blessings?  In fact, does wealth, prosperity and well-being matter to God?

Nigeria ranks about 154 on the Human development Index scale.  With the exception of the USA, all the countries in the top twenty positions report generally low levels of religiosity.  How ironic?

Further irony is that the very same factor that the religious claim would help alleviate their poverty, is instrumental in anchoring them to eternal poverty and slavery, mental and financial exploitation - religion.  Religion and all its accoutrements robs people of the ability to be self-reliant, and the desire to see this world as their only home for which all their efforts has to be dedicated.  Thus, they have encouraged the dispossessed to throw their hands up in the air and wait for blessings for heaven.  The problems for which the religious pray hourly for godly intervention still continue to afflict them;  crushing poverty, hunger, starvation, diseases, bad governance, poor infrastructure, poor education, etc, etc.

Such feeble and weak minded believers have been raised to think that anything happening in their lives are due to supernatural forces. Thus a student who succeeds at her exams at schools achieved this thanks to God,  a businessman struggling in business is being held back due to involvement with the supernatural, someone gets a visa to go abroad is usually ascribed to the benevolence of God.  Where would such stupidity end?  I shall leave the last word to the African American writter, Frederick Douglass;

"I prayed for freedom twenty years, but received no answer until I prayed with my legs"
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2008
the gods that nigerians worship are long dead, but even in death they(gods) all seem to love and appreciate money. they accept money from nigerians endlessly without ever doing anything for the people, they never answer the prayers of nigerians. they leave nigerians in dire poverty, sickness and without security of anykind. please gods wake up, wake up stop sleeping. . . . .(allah,jehova,sango, amunachi etc) where are all of you? nigerians need to charge their gods for dereliction.
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by Kuns: 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2008
How has God helped Nigeria in the past 50 years?

Nigeria still cannot manufacture a simple television set.

A Nigerian university electronic engineering graduate cannot build a simple LED (light Emitting diode) circuit.

Why is this?
Why are we always waiting for someone to come and help us?

Building Services Engineers are recruited from Australia, Germany (man of german, German), Italy, Britain, Belgium, with all the university with faculties of Civil and Electrical Engineering we have in Nigeria, why?

How is God helping US?

Then the remaining are equally waiting for God (a so-called white man, pale skinned man) to come out of heaven to help them make Nigeria a better place.

When are we going to realise (see with our real eyes) that the only hands that are going to help us is the two hands at the end of our arms?

Religion as put our people in a state of mind where they are always looking up to others than theyselves or kind to come help them.
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by bindex(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2008
Kuns, how has your child molester God helped you?
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by Kuns: 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2008
Silence
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by PastorAIO: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2008
bindex:

Kuns, how has your child molester God helped you?

Oh, you know that one too. I didn't want to talk lest I upset the guy. I wonder if the Rev has come out of prison yet.

At least you've got to give it to them that they can be funny. I love the wordplay. Check this out:

Tobacco kills. it is encoded in the name of God's Dwelling. Taba na Iku. Taba is death. Tabernacle. Although I suspect that one has to be on much stronger stuff to really OVERSTAND.
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by Kuns: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2008
@PastorAIO
Don't be afraid to talk say how you feel.

Do you think Yashua (Jesus) got upset when people were spitting and flogging him?

Didn't Yashua EL Massiah (who you chriatian call Jesus the Christ) not say that you will be prosecuted, Cursed, thrown in Jail?

Even Yashua (aka Jesus) "You will be hated for my name sake"

If you say you are a real Christian you will be prosecuted, like the Scriptures say.

When you do what satan wants, no one will prosecute you. When you do belief (beliar) no one will prosecute you, because[b] Belief is the Devils System[/b]. 

If a pastor really loves his congregation, he/ she will go an find the original copy of the Bible in the Hebrew and Greek.

And when you start studying (and checking things out) in these language of the sciptures you will see a different picture.

The facts of how we have been lied too will become apparent.

Just speak the truth (fact), of the scriptures be it the Bible, Torah or the Qu'ran from the original languages. 

This is the Jesus story happening again in Malachi Z Yorks' life, and in many other peoples life.

The way you know someone is to walk with them, we are so too quick to judge, someone we don't even know.

Oh, you know that one too.  I didn't want to talk lest I upset the guy.  I wonder if the Rev has come out of prison yet. 

At least you've got to give it to them that they can be funny.  I love the wordplay.   Check this out:

We are talking about someone who has been teaching and answering since 1960 officially 1967. And he answering question based on FACTS and not belief.

Yes, he will be release, then it will be pay day $$$$$$$$$$.

And I am not here to entertain like bindex and the rest of them.

What do you know about Eythomology? What is Ethymology?

Do you know what an Ethymology Dictionary is?

If you did you won't be thinking this is word play or some kind of game?
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2008
Pastor AIO:

Oh, you know that one too. I didn't want to talk lest I upset the guy. I wonder if the Rev has come out of prison yet.

At least you've got to give it to them that they can be funny. I love the wordplay. Check this out:

Tobacco kills. it is encoded in the name of God's Dwelling. Taba na Iku. Taba is death. Tabernacle. Although I suspect that one has to be on much stronger stuff to really OVERSTAND.

be[b]lie[/b]ver grin grin grin grin grin Kuns and his child molester of a god.
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by Kuns: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
@Mazaje
The Pale skinned Devils (s0-called white people) don't love you, and can NEVER tell you anything to uplift you, so carry on fooling yourself, a so-called White (pale skin albino) God is coming to save you.

This is what they will do to you. Then you will remember someone told you, carrying living in the image of the beast.

Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by Horus(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
huxley:
Why is Nigeria one of the poorest nations on earth in spite of its wealth in natural resources?

Because Nigeria is too much into alien foreign religions
Re: Is God Working For Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
Who revived this huxley thread? smiley

I miss huxley. One of my favourite atheists back in the day.

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye Is My Spiritual Son —guru(is this true) / Your Life As An Assignment On Earth / Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.