Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) (27116 Views)

Father Forces 13-Year-Old Daughter To Marry 56-Year-Old Man With 3 Wives In Kano / My Husband Fondles Our 19-year-old Daughter’s Breasts – Woman Tells Court / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by lalasticlala(m): 8:19am On Feb 03, 2015
The family members of Moshood Sadiku say they are hoping that the Lagos State Police Command will find their 13-year-old daughter, Latifat, who had gone missing since December 25, 2014.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Latifat, the first child of her parents, left home at about 7pm on the Christmas Day and had not been seen.

The teenage girl, who is in Junior Secondary School 3, lived with her family in a rented apartment on Oredapo Street, Idimangoro in the Agege area of Lagos.

Our correspondent gathered that the parents, who initially felt Latifat might have gone to their grandfather’s place in a neighbouring street, later became worried when the grandparents said they never saw her.

They thereafter reported the matter at the Dopemu Police Division on December 27.

When our correspondent visited the family’s apartment last Saturday, the mother, Maryam Sadiku, said her daughter was a well-behaved girl who, she believed, did not run away with a boyfriend.

She added that all efforts by the family to locate her whereabouts till date had not yielded any result.

She said, “On the evening of that Christmas Day, at about 7pm, she told me she was going to use the toilet. She then went to the tap and drew water. She made for the toilet and that was the last anyone knew. A neighbour washing clothes at the verandah said she saw Latifat stroll out of the compound.

“She has never gone away like this. The only place she sometimes went was our grandfather’s house which is a few houses from us. She didn’t have any boyfriend she might be staying with.

“People are just consoling us that she might be with female friends, but that is still very mysterious to me. I trust God that my daughter will return, and that the police will also put in more efforts.”

As of the time of visit, Latifat’s father, Moshood, who works as an inter-state transporter, was not available for comment. It was learnt that the private school the teenager attended had also tried to locate her whereabouts but to no avail.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed that Latifat was on the police’s list of missing persons, adding that any member of the public with useful information should contact the Dopemu Police Station.

He said, “Latifat speaks both Yoruba and English languages. Anyone who sees the teenager should report to the police.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/family-searches-for-13-year-old-daughter-since-xmas/

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by Kay512: 8:21am On Feb 03, 2015
I pray

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by msmon(m): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2015
She will be located by Allah's mercy.

Goodluck Jonathan Is A Superior Presidential Material To Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala(Columnist)
www.nairaland.com/2127363/gej-superior-presidential-material-gmb#2127363.3

22 Likes

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by delishpot: 8:24am On Feb 03, 2015
Let me not kill their hope. Its well. Someone familiar to her has taken her. She prolly met a new bf who had evil plan towards her. I think its too late Judging by the time difference. Since dec 25th.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by ArchEnemy(m): 8:26am On Feb 03, 2015
May God bring her home safe and sound

6 Likes

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by busterr(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2015
nawa oo

2 Likes

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by macsika: 8:29am On Feb 03, 2015
election time tongue
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by DeCritique(m): 8:33am On Feb 03, 2015
Front Page please so that awareness about this will be on the increase.

May God Almighty guide her safely home. Amen

Please if you've seen her with your koro-koro eyes before, kindly fly to the nearest police station. Thanchuuu!!

1 Like

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by Bantino(m): 8:35am On Feb 03, 2015
May God help us all in this Country!!!

2 Likes

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2015
Wait ooo, it was reported that she was last seen at the toilet. If the toilet is a pit latrine, i suggest they go check the toilet.....my suggestion though.

May Allah make it easy for her to be seen

3 Likes

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by samkolo(m): 9:03am On Feb 03, 2015
eyah
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by kingopta(m): 9:06am On Feb 03, 2015
May the GPS of God help them find the girl IJN

3 Likes

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by elantraceey(f): 9:30am On Feb 03, 2015
I pray she's found soon.

1 Like

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by vickkyruby(f): 9:37am On Feb 03, 2015
LORD have mercy upon her bring her back safe and sound.I believe in miracles

1 Like

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by akinsadeez(m): 9:39am On Feb 03, 2015
This is a very strange case. The fact that a neighbor saw her stroll out of the house by herself is quite baffling. Where could she have gone to without informing anybody? It doesn't really support the theory that she was kidnapped. I think they need to make enquiries from her friends in school. The mum might think she doesn't have a boyfriend but her friends will know better.

I pray she returns safely.

2 Likes

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by englishmart(m): 9:41am On Feb 03, 2015
poor little girl. I pray she's safe wherever she is

1 Like

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by MillionDollars: 9:42am On Feb 03, 2015
forgive my offence o, since dec 25, the public are just knowing. SMH

1 Like

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by StPete: 9:52am On Feb 03, 2015
13 years old kwa? That girl isn't small o. She may even have eloped with a young boy. we pray for her safe return
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by akinsadeez(m): 9:55am On Feb 03, 2015
MillionDollars:
forgive my offence o, since dec 25, the public are just knowing. SMH

They did the right thing by reporting the matter to the police two days later. They might have also advertised on their local radio or tv station. You are just hearing about it now because it is reported by punch newspaper which has a wider reach across the country in print and online media.

1 Like

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by phadat(m): 10:00am On Feb 03, 2015
I pray she returns home safely, missing since December? Lord have mercy
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by widowhusband: 10:01am On Feb 03, 2015
which ordinary 13 yr old STROLLS out without permission by 7pm? May she be found
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by frodobee: 11:30am On Feb 03, 2015
I bliv strongly in my heart, this lil girl will come home again.
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by Maczeelly(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
widowhusband:
which ordinary 13 yr old STROLLS out without permission by 7pm? May she be found

She probably took permission.....which is why the time is known
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by Collynzo419: 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
macsika:
election time tongue

Its not funny, please stop being childish

Hope she is found soon

1 Like

Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by Temismith(f): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
Oga ooo. May she be returned to her family in good shape
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by inevitableme(m): 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2015
hope she will be found soon
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
what a pity
Re: Family Searches For 13-year-old Daughter Since Christmas (pictured) by money121(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
Oh Allah #bringbacklatifat

hmmmm but.. Wait oooo

Original/authentic stone coated roofing tile.. From Ds Rooftile south korea....

PRICE :#2,600 naira per sqm direct to your site.. So don't bother about the transportation fees @all

Guage/Thickness:0.55mm

Warranty:50yrs warranty

Call Ayyub on 08085310359

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos / Pastor Snatch Another Pastors Wife / Divorced Woman In Court For Refusing To Leave Ex-husband’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.