Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe (55246 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Top 10 Misconceptions About Africa / 10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Shimog(m): 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
op you missed one i heard that your tribe loves using excess palmoil and peper in your soups

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Sheriff19: 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
IceSplash:
most yoruba people i knw are dirty and loud
you must be dirty too if most yoruba u kwn are dirty. As in birds of the same feathers fly 2ether

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
grocery:
Some of these things here are not true, am an igbo girl and the Yoruba guy am dating now is very very neat. so you can't justify.
yes you're right. I've always got a thing for Yoruba guys and my friends think I'm weird lipsrsealed. I plan to date one soon smiley
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by joxxy01(m): 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
though yoruba guys are smarter and talented...and can tink fast and fearful at times....
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
tdayof:
omō kàà roh ojire

Wa gba'yi! cheesy
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by watchman111: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nneka123:
maybe grin
hahahahahahhaha
Nneka123:
yes you're right. I've always got a thing for Yoruba guys and my friends think I'm weird lipsrsealed. I plan to date one soon smiley

Here's one! wink
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by zbone(m): 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
IceSplash:

you are dirty and loud yourself

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
you want to know a yoruba man's house? Pls check the curtain

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nneka123:
tah! cheesy

You know it! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
notoriousbabe:
omo ale yoruba,if at all you are one of us
oloriburuku somebody
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by dokunbam(m): 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
Vibra:

AYoruba people are always bold anyday,anytime..
They are always outspoken,

I see everyone has my brother/sister, I see you as Nigerian

I don't care what misconceptions you have. Thats your wahala

Am proud to be a yoruba

The only person that will be worried about such misconceptions, only if you are guilty

#teamsource#
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
IceSplash:

Because you yourself are dirty and squeaky. You tend to know people in the same caucus as yourself! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Ukeachu1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
clash of clans don start. oya na

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by ammyluv2002(f): 7:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
Henrypraise:

Yorubas ar very dirty, y boss farts/ belch wit reckless abandon even wit all his money, n sumtyms wen he cums back from break he has fud particle hanging in his teeth.

No one gonna take dat away from dem, its part of dia culture.
Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nneka123:
yea they are nice if you meet the right person.....have them as my friends
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Amefrica:

Here's one! wink
don't take my post serious o grin, are you a yoruba guy? tongue
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by kramer: 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Okworigeorge:
yorubas like insults tooo much

And your people have a bad sense of humour undecided cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by deebrain(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ah!

But most Yoruba's are dirty.

Big ups to those that are not.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by macof(m): 7:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
op: " Yoruba People are too fetish
I may be tempted to agree with you,
because of what we Yoruba people
portray of ourselves in our local movies.
To be more factual before the advent of
Christianity, Yoruba tribe worshiped
deities, but guess what almost all tribe in
Nigeria also did before the introduction
of religion, but now we know the light not
all Yoruba people are fetish."

Rubbish both christianity and Isese are fetish. Why does it seem like Nigerians lack understanding of the word "Fetish" undecided

And you say you have seen the light, such rubbish talk. So it's the isese people who are in darkness.
Bunch of slave minded people

Btw Yoruba is not a tribe but an over 35million population ethnic nation

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Shaw007(m): 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
there's no smoke without fire ejor!!!! Infact, majority of these stereotypes are true sef, I lived with yoruba people for long!

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Kassidy90(m): 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Agreed but that Yoruba are dirty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
come to my gf yard then u knw being dirty is nt about tribe but individual all d igbos der ar so dirty the only yoruba woman der is d one dt do clean or clear d surronding bushes even my girl wey be igbo confirmed it..

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by MichaelAustin(m): 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
yoruba people are ugly

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
lalasticlala:
It's a fact that Yoruba women are well endowed with big chests
havn't really seen....the ones I see mostly have back side tongue
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nneka123:
don't take my post serious o grin, are you a yoruba guy? tongue

Yes sure lol. Ibadan all the way!!
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
MichaelAustin:
yoruba people are ugly

Unless you upload your picture on your dp, in the meantime shut up your face!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by ammyluv2002(f): 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Kassidy90:

come to my gf yard then u knw being dirty is nt about tribe but individual all d igbos der ar so dirty the only yoruba woman der is d one dt do clean or clear d surronding bushes even my girl wey be igbo confirmed it..
I get
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by fuckerholic(m): 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Bros forget the vindication,almost all the point listed here except 2 or 3 are very typical about yoruba people and at such remains the truth.vindicate yourself forget about your people they no follow at all

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by teeboy2110(m): 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yoruba are nice dats y am proud to b a Yoruba man always n In oda tribe dey have dere issues also let us not blame any 1 we all can do dsame tin in life.
Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Holuwathoby(m): 7:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
there are only two types of people in the world : the GOOD people n d BAD people

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Missmossy(f): 7:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
With the comments here, i agree that "many are mad but few are roaming" some people have lot of growing up to do tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe by Kassidy90(m): 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Thank God say u know wink cheesy grin
we r d most acommodating tribe in nigeria....ask igbos n hausa dey can testify grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Zainab Ibrahim Sarkin Gobir Adiya Making Waves In United Kingdom. Photos / 25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades / Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Ritual Rites Before Entering Ado-Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.