Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate (1023 Views)

PDP Condemns Handcuffing Of Metuh / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / PDP Condemns House Fracas, Accuses Buhari Of Bias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Samchelsea(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2015
The PDP presidential campaign group has
condemned Gen. Buhari for refusing to participate in
yet another presidential debate, this one organized
by Channels TV in conjunction with ARISE TV and
NPAN. A statement was signed by the party's
presidential campaign spokesman, Femi Fani Kayode
"We have been informed that General Buhari and
the APC have decided not to participate in the
NPAN-Channel Television-organised debate after
they had earlier agreed to take part in it. We had
thought that having withdrawn from participating
in the debate organised by Broadcasting
Organisation of Nigeria (BON), they would have
availed themselves this second platform. Now that
they have also turned their back on this, it is now
very clear that General Buhari is incapable of
engaging in rigorous live television debates on the
issues of governance.
It speaks about his intellectual laziness and his
loss of touch with contemporary issues of
development and statecraft. We would like to
reiterate that the APC has something to shield
about General Buhari. He has campaigned in
some states of the federation attacking President
Jonathan’s handling of insurgency, corruption and
economy. Now there is a platform on which both
candidates can engage each other on these issues
and he (Buhari) is running away. It is a disgrace to
the APC and their candidate that they would treat
everybody with contempt.
The organisers of the debates are interested in
promoting a robust culture of debates so that
people can listen to the candidates and make
informed choices on the basis of their arguments.
We call on Nigerians to express their displeasure
with General Buhari and the APC by rejecting
them at the poll. This will be a just recompense
for treating the Nigerian people and electorate
with disdain”
http://lindaikeji..de/2015/02/pdp-condemns-buharis-refusal-to.html?m=1
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Samchelsea(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2015
Opting out of debate only to turn around and start holding town hall meetings is a step in the wrong direction, how many people will leave their work to start attending town hall meetings and how many people will have the time to watch it when it holds in other states apart from lagos
APC shooting themselves on the foot
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Chigold101(m): 11:35am On Feb 03, 2015
Two things you must know.
1- GMB does not have respect for civilians, this is same way avoided Oputa panel.

2- His memory can no more carry somethings therefore hedoesnt need to be asked any question that would last for more than 7minutes if he does,he will misstalk...lolzz
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by nke001: 11:39am On Feb 03, 2015
Haba Buhari, please spare yourself this international embrassment and atleast attend. If you do not say anything, Nigerians will understand why.
Or are u signalling that u are an unqualified candidate.

I would rather vote for that female VP if she and buhari contest for any public poll.
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Samchelsea(m): 11:42am On Feb 03, 2015
nke001:
Haba Buhari, please spare yourself this international embrassment and atleast attend. If you do not say anything, Nigerians will understand why.
Or are u signalling that u are an unqualified candidate.

I would rather vote for that female VP if she and buhari contest for any public poll.
they no longer believe in debates but on the monologue called town hall meetings where only them will be answering the questions from selected people.
Its a shame really
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by nke001: 11:45am On Feb 03, 2015
Chigold101:
Two things you must know.
1- GMB does not have respect for civilians, this is same way avoided Oputa panel.

2- His memory can no more carry somethings therefore hedoesnt need to be asked any question that would last for more than 7minutes if he does,he will misstalk...lolzz

One thing he refuses to understand is that military is totally different from democracy. If you cant honour the call of the people, how on earth will you respect them when made their leader?

He better go back to grassroot and start learning all about civilian rule and democracy else he keeps failing.
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by nke001: 11:52am On Feb 03, 2015
Samchelsea:
they no longer believe in debates but on the monologue called town hall meetings where only them will be answering the questions from selected people.
Its a shame really

Imagine!
I hope he will be able to turn an international conference into a townhall meeting when time comes.

I said it! I will say again, apc made the wrong choice.
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Samchelsea(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2015
nke001:

Imagine!
I hope he will be able to turn an international conference into a townhall meeting when time comes.

I said it! I will say again, apc made the wrong choice.

they know they can't win, cos I can't see how he will be standing on the podium addressing the UN council if he gets elected, if he can't do an ordinary debate then he should retire to his Daura home in Kastina
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Dlionsheart: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
You don't give what you don't have. Buhari/APC is intellectually empty and dishonest, so what do you expect from such mistake called presidential candidate/party other than endless premeditated excuses??

This is to show that
no matter how you bath a pig, a pig remained a pig,

the leopard can never change its spot,

old wine (buhari) in new bottle (APC).
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by etties: 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2015
The first act of a democracy, which is listening to the voice of the people is being denied them by APC and Buhari, they want to force down our throat what they think is good for us(town hall meeting), this is before they even enter government if they ever would. So if they enter government, of course our opinion will not count. Buhari still thinks he is still in his Comman and control military era.
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by ahaika23: 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
Buhari is like and expired drug, its now poison!!!!
Dlionsheart:
You don't give what you don't have. Buhari/APC is intellectually empty and dishonest, so what do you expect from such mistake called presidential candidate/party other than endless premeditated excuses??

This is to show that
no matter how you bath a pig, a pig remained a pig,

the leopard can never change its spot,

old wine (buhari) in new bottle (APC).
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Dlionsheart: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2015
Samchelsea:
they know they can't win, cos I can't see how he will be standing on the podium addressing the UN council if he gets elected, if he can't do an ordinary debate then he should retire to his Daura home in Kastina

OBJECTION!!!
My lord, I want buhari to be beaten red, blue, black, yellow, green and brown at the poll by Dr. Goodluck, Ebele Jonathan so he can cry those crocodile tears and swear not to contest any election again. Let him be retired from politics by GEJ, that will be so sweet.
The lies and dirty politics by APC will be exposed by then and Nigerians will know better.

I SO SUBMIT, MY LORD!
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Samchelsea(m): 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2015
Dlionsheart:

OBJECTION!!!
My lord, I want buhari to be beaten red, blue, black, yellow, green and brown at the poll by Dr. Goodluck, Ebele Jonathan so he can cry those crocodile tears and swear not to contest any election again. Let him be retired from politics by GEJ, that will be so sweet.
The lies and dirty politics by APC will be exposed by then and Nigerians will know better.

I SO SUBMIT, MY LORD!
hmm!
Re: PDP Condemns Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Channels TV Presidential Debate by Dlionsheart: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2015
ahaika23:
Buhari is like and expired drug, its now poison!!!!

habah, dat blow too much nah. U wan killam?

(1) (Reply)

Watch Out!!!newspapers' Headlines On February 16th,2015 / Jonatan And His Wife Patience Are Not Christians - Don't Deceive Yourself / Disqualification: Court Orders Service On Jonathan In Fresh Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.