Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. (78059 Views)

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads / See Reasons Why You Should Not Always Ask For Full Tank. / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by 12ema: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
Ilekeh:

Wanna see my list? It spans 100+ pages, another 4-years of GEJ tops the list.

Lol....
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by rainmaker12(m): 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
I don't understand why you people are beefing op, is it wrong to ad on na? Helpful or not helpful he posted an ad. U learned from it... does that don't know, now you complaining.... hmm.

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Amadioha123(m): 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
You are required to present only 3 document at checkpoints.
1. Valid driver's license
2. An insurance cert
3. Vehicle particulars
Road worthiness for commercial vehicles only
Do not be intimidated.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
Krest3d:

Hey, what's MOT certificate? Hearing it for the first time.

They said it's Ministry of Transportation...Certificate. It's common in Abia State, they wear Ox-Blood and black...lols

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by tosenbaba(m): 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
semitunde:

You may be right. I got my defintion from an FRSC spokesman on TV. I may also not be wrong.
I work with an insurance company so I guess am speaking authoritatively

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by dober(m): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
ubiquitousade:

and shake it occasionally to check if content is there.
Expires after 6months,.. Shake or no shake..
#lala lala la...
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by dober(m): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
ubiquitousade:

Expires after 6months,.. Shake or no shake..
#lala lala la...
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Geeprays1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
stagger:

CMR means Central Motor Registry. This is supposed to be a national database of cars and their owners, so I do not understand how you can say that it is not issued in all states. All cars in Nigeria are supposed to carry this, and it is supposed to be issued to a driver after investigations have shown you did not purchase a hot or stolen vehicle.

Pls where do I get this CMR and the MOT certificate? Thanks
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by darelar(m): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
How much do you renew particulars with third panties, and the original one. I want you to give me the price here pls
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by gentlesJ(m): 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
Op, of all the papers and documents u mentioned I was surprised that u didn't mention the last paper.

7. Money
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by armadeo(m): 8:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
Lionhearted:

At the bolded...Then why should you inform them if and when your car got stolen?

By your analogy, none of their business..!

on the issue of stolen vehicles its their job!! tax payers money etc.

prior to theft (or other crime) the vehicle shouldn't concern them.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Lionhearted: 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
armadeo:

on the issue of stolen vehicles its their job!! tax payers money etc.

prior to theft (or other crime) the vehicle shouldn't concern them.

How will they have records of stolen vehicles? If a vehicle is registered with them prior to theft, it makes it easier to flags such vehicle in their database making recovery easy.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by munas: 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
Please guys...

What do is the penalty if road safety guys catches somebody without a drivers license?
Will the car be impounded or what?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by lonelydora: 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
Malawian:

it is because you are a woman nah. they dont know whom your "oga" is, so they try to stay out of trouble. if na man like us, you for hear am.
sorry bros that my moniker is confusing you. I'm a man. I used that moniker when I was single. Dora was my girlie's name then.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by todayguest(m): 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
mrkings84:
even when u provide these things, for our police to trap u they can ask for ur safety shoes; if u provide they can ask for wastebasket; if u provide they can ask for parker; if u provide they can ask for broom.
kai!you funnycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by hugafella(m): 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
certificate of road worthiness is for only commercial vehicles.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by kart042000(m): 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
ubiquitousade:

You don't have to shake, just ensure the marker on the guage is on green. Once it is off green to the left, you would be penalised even if the content is there.

Recently they started checking tyres. Ensure you have tyres not yet expired. They have a 4 year validity period.

In lagos environment, VIO would check your drivers license if it is fake.

These people don show me small sha, just learn from my own little advice.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by 100Cents: 10:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
kart042000:

You don't have to shake, just ensure the marker on the guage is on green. Once it is off green to the left, you would be penalised even if the content is there.

Recently they started checking tyres. Ensure you have tyres not yet expired. They have a 4 year validity period.

In lagos environment, VIO would check your drivers license if it is fake.

These people don show me small sha, just learn from my own little advice.

Tyres expire in 2 years..
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by armadeo(m): 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Lionhearted:

How will they have records of stolen vehicles? If a vehicle is registered with them prior to theft, it makes it easier to flags such vehicle in their database making recovery easy.

This computerised vehicle registration that's going in now, what's the point. Why have a database if all cars in two places.

All details of a vehicle are already in the license database. why does the police need another one?

Its simply a ruse to obtain Nigerians and it is wrong!

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by InvertedHammer: 12:15am On Feb 18, 2015
/
Receipt for your tires.
Original receipt for the purchase of the vehicle.
Custom duty certificate.
Car stereo receipt.

...the list is endless and dependent on the mood of the police officer.
\

2 Likes

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:33am On Feb 18, 2015
autoinfo:
Dear all,
As we all know that the election time is here again. The security on our roads are been tighten more to ensure a secured environments before and after election.
In recently time, all the law enforcements agencies which include the Nigerian Police Force, The FRSC, The VIO, Lastma, Nigerian Customs and even in some places The Nigerian Army are now back on our roads with numerous checkpoints.

Am writing this to educate our road users on the vehicle documents required of before you drive on the roads to avoid been harassed, searched wrongly, been asked to provide unnecessary documents or even impound your vehicle when stopped for a check at the checkpoints especially during this few days to election in our country.

Below are the documents you must have and be up to date before you make that your next trip.
1) A valid Driver’s License
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
4) Certificate of Road Worthiness.
5) CMR (Police report)
6) A Tinted permit if your vehicle has a tinted glass (Very important)

Don’t wait until you are been harass or your vehicle is been impounded by this law enforcement agencies.

We help to fast track your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers and we DELIVER it to your doorstep on TIME.

Our services include:
New Registration and licensing of motor vehicles
Re-validation of the old number plate (Replacement to new plate)
Issuance and renewal of motor vehicle license
Issuance and renewal of motor vehicle insurance (Premium or Third party)
Issuance of learners permit
Issuance and renewal of hackney permit
Issuance and renewal of road worthiness permit
Processing and registration of Special Number Plates
Issuance and renewal of Mobile advert permit
Issuance of tinted glass Permit

Email: myautoreg@yahoo.com

Hey! hey!! on Your Inner Light.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by emmabest2000(m): 1:26am On Feb 18, 2015
autoinfo:
Dear all,
As we all know that the election time is here again. The security on our roads are been tighten more to ensure a secured environments before and after election.
In recently time, all the law enforcements agencies which include the Nigerian Police Force, The FRSC, The VIO, Lastma, Nigerian Customs and even in some places The Nigerian Army are now back on our roads with numerous checkpoints.

Am writing this to educate our road users on the vehicle documents required of before you drive on the roads to avoid been harassed, searched wrongly, been asked to provide unnecessary documents or even impound your vehicle when stopped for a check at the checkpoints especially during this few days to election in our country.

Below are the documents you must have and be up to date before you make that your next trip.
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
5) CMR (Police report)

Don’t wait until you are been harass or your vehicle is been impounded by this law enforcement agencies.

We help to fast track your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers and we DELIVER it to your doorstep on TIME.

Our services include:

Nice info !

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by yinkeys(m): 4:17am On Feb 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Come to Aba na.
Let them ask you of MOT...you go just blank out.
Anyway them chop my 2k once, since then I just derive pleasure in stroking their brains.

I intentionally slip it out, give them my particulars, watch them smile like - see eja nla. The way they automatically transfer my DL(Driver's License) into their pocket, I just smile cheesy.

"Madam, you have to come with us, you don't have MOT cert" ...then I smile and bring it out. I just love to see that dejection on their faces.
So you are a criminal too baaa! Lol.

*zooms in on picture* Damn! See Bakassi peninsula
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by drololaaof: 6:00am On Feb 18, 2015
CMR s not part of the documents the law did not permit them to ask for it it is only during Tafa Balogun era

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 18, 2015
There are only three documents, to be handed over on demand.
1: Valid driver's licence
2: Valid Motor licence
3: Valid insurance policy.( by valid most insurance policy sold at most motor licencing office are fake.
DO NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM TOUTS).
After at least 5 months upon renewal or purchase of any sort of insurance policy and you did not receive a text message like this. Welcome to Nigerian insurance database (NID) platform.Your insurance policy number ********* is genuine. You have purchased a fake policy, and has been taken for a ride.

3 Likes

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Tinyemeka(m): 10:27am On Feb 18, 2015
autoinfo:
Dear all,

2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
5) CMR (Police report)

Our services include:

You still did not say what a Police CMR was.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by kentochi(m): 12:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
Thanks for the write up.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by lezz(m): 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
lonelydora:
Police CMR popularly called Police Clearance is not given in all states.
So we need police clearance to drive vehicles in this country?

Nigeria has always been a joke!!!
The police pro at police headquarters released a statement detailing the documents to be provided by motorist when asked. They include:
Driver's Licence
Insurance

And Vehicle Licence

Optional items : Tinted glass permit(for vehicles with tinted glass)

Proof of ownership (for unregistered vehicles)
Road worthiness (for commercial vehicles)

The ignorance of motorists feeds the greed and corruption of the police force.

Now, police report or clearance is for a missing or stolen item of any of aforementioned items.

4 Likes

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by lonelydora: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
lezz:
So we need police clearance to drive vehicles in this country?

Nigeria has always been a joke!!!
The police pro at police headquarters released a statement detailing the documents to be provided by motorist when asked. They include:
Driver's Licence
Insurance

And Vehicle Licence

Optional items : Tinted glass permit(for vehicles with tinted glass)

Proof of ownership (for unregistered vehicles)
Road worthiness (for commercial vehicles)

The ignorance of motorists feed the greed and corruption of the police force.

Now, police report or clearance is for a missing or stolen item of any of aforementioned items.
Thank you bros.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by lezz(m): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
lonelydora:

Thank you bros.
you're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Cars Malfunction After Having Sex In Them? / This N81m Danfo Bus Limousine Is The Best You’ve Ever Seen (photos) / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.