Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus (41575 Views)

As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus / As A Student - 7 Factors To Consider If You Want To Stay Off Campus / 11 Types Of Neighbours In Off-campus Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
As an undergraduate, it's fair to say that off campus hostel is better than the school owned hostel. Below are some of the reasons why.

CHOICE IS LIMITED
In the school hostel, you don't have the luxury of picking from a variety of choices. Its just a room where you are stuffed with eight people. Off campus, you can choose if you'll like a room, a self contain, 2 bed room flat etc.

RULES AND REGULATIONS
The.school hostel has a long list of ridiculous Rules and regulations you have to follow which mainly consists of "don'ts". Off campus on the other hand, you don't necessarily have to listen to anyone. Nobody tells you what do.

PRIVACY
It's glaring that you simply don't have "Me-time" in the school hostel. You put.your pen on the bed, you meet it on the floor. Your belongings also goes missing from time to time. staying off campus affords you that privacy. Nobody disturbs you. If you like sleep naked on the bed.
PRICE
The amount charges by schools is simply ridiculous. You pay tens of thousands of Naira to stay in a room with eight other guys. Off campus accommodation is relatively cheaper.

VISITORS
In a typical school hostel, you friends can't visit you in your room. if i hear say bae visits you. In some schools e.g. unilorin, you might even be fined or get thrown out of the hostel.
Off campus accommodation affords you that. You friends, girlfriends, can visit you anytime, anyday.

Staying off campus is one of the best decision of my life. You live life to the fullest.
Feel free to air your views.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by abangaLEE(f): 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
Irreasonable reasons

14 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
supported
lemme add some
u share ur bathroom and toilet with little or nobody unlike school hostels where you lay layers b4 you use the toilet (unn students can attest to this)

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
abangaLEE:
Irreasonable reasons
Ok, big guy. Where do/did you stay in school?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by liveyourlife: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
My Advise to all Those in School ------

1: Use http:// Classroom .ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by SegunFlames(m): 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
Your reasons are not even education oriented.

But live your social life undecided

Unreasonable!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
SegunFlames:
Your reasons are not even education oriented.

But live your social life undecided

Unreasonable!
Ok, big guy. Where do/did you stay in school?..................and this is a public forum, am free to air my views. You don't have to like it. Thank you.

14 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by khattab008: 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:
As an undergraduate, it's fair to say that off campus hostel is better than the school owned hostel. Below are some of the reasons why
CHOICE IS LIMITED
In the school hostel, you don't have the luxury of picking from a variety of choices. Its just a room where you are stuffed with eight people. Off campus, you can choose if you'll like a room, a self contain, 2 bed room flat etc.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The.school hostel has a long list of ridiculous Rules and regulations you have to follow which mainly consists of "don'ts". Off campus on the other hand, you don't necessarily have to listen to anyone. Nobody tells you what do.
PRIVACY
It's glaring that you simply don't have "Me-time" in the school hostel. You put.your pen on the bed, you meet it on the floor. Your belongings also goes missing from time to time. staying off campus affords you that privacy. Nobody disturbs you. If you like sleep naked on the bed.
PRICE
The amount charges by schools is simply ridiculous. You pay tens of thousands of Naira to stay in a room with eight other guys. Off campus accommodation is relatively cheaper.
VISITORS
In a typical school hostel, you friends can't visit you in your room. if i hear say bae visits you. In some schools e.g. unilorin, you might even be fined or get thrown out of the hostel.
Off campus accommodation affords you that. You friends, girlfriends, can visit you anytime, anyday.
Staying off campus is one of the best decision of my life. You live life to the fullest.

Unilorin campus situation perfectly described.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by SegunFlames(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Ok, big guy. Where do/did you stay in school?..................and this is a public forum, am free to air my views. You don't have to like it. Thank you.

Yeah i was also airing my views like you said concluding your opening post.

"Feel free to air your views"

It goes both ways. You dont have to like mine either! cool

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
khattab008:

Unilorin campus situation perfectly described.
Are you a student of the better by far university?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by khattab008: 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Are you a student of the better by far university?

Yep, and you?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
khattab008:

Yep, and you?
Guilty as charged.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by danaiks(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
Abegi!!...na hostel life sweet pass!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by shadelek(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by donigspain(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
I concur with the OP's assertions. Living off-campus has more advantages than on-campus. I'm a living witness.

VOTE WISELY!!! [size=14pt]CLICK HERE TO VOTE[/size]

UPDATE 4:00pm on 04/02/2014:
- Goodluck Jonathan = 25% (78 votes)
- Mohammadu Buhari = 74% (233 votes)
- Other Candidate = 0.5% (1 Vote)
- I Don't Care = 0.5% (1 Vote)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by olexjay(m): 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Yeza!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by micrep3030(m): 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ur major objective is to learn n u can only be in d hostel n concentrate well

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by dahdah: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
CAMPUS OR OFF CAMPUS JUST PRAY TO GOD TO ENABLE YOU GET ONE, DURING MY NATIONAL DIPLOMA(ND) DAYS ****** DON'T JUST LEMME TALK

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by pxjosh(m): 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
.Reasons why you should stay in hostel: Better security, proximity to 'night class', water, ease of getting information from colleagues, [s]you can economize, esp using hotplate(hall3&4boys)[/s], etc etc. ive been in school's hostel for 4 years now and for the remaining 2 years i'm still going to stay there.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by daramz1(m): 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
Booking my space....
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
I,ve got all I need on-campus...water, food, internet, friends...no need to stay out. Except maybe the cost.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by senator5050(m): 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
my space
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Ewuro4: 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
If you have the money to start with undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
I stayed in the hostel for 4 years and i'm glad i did.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Barselonia(m): 4:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
wait......

I resemble ajebo for ur eye....

mee.... hostel....... taaarh.....

even when I Dey nysc camp, it was like hell if not for parade and other activities on camp, I for suffer well

hostels are meant for mums boy / girl.......

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Osyxcel(m): 4:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
I stayed in the hostel for 4 good years. Year 2 & 3 were the best. grin grin

Hostel life is the best jare, especially when you have crazy roommatesgrin

If you value privacy soo much, then off-campus is your best bet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by ERCROSS(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
Off campus tinz.

But it's advisable to stay in skool hostel for the first year

micrep3030:
Ur major objective is to learn n u can only be in d hostel n concentrate well

Broh... It's not always true and doesnt applies to everybody. I for instance, cannot read, understand and assimilate where there are 2 or more other people, and as such, I need privacy ...

And secondly..
onila:
you gats to cook by yrself

on campus food sucks n there was no kitchen in my school hostel

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:
As an undergraduate, it's fair to say that off campus hostel is better than the school owned hostel. Below are some of the reasons why.
CHOICE IS LIMITED
In the school hostel, you don't have the luxury of picking from a variety of choices. Its just a room where you are stuffed with eight people. Off campus, you can choose if you'll like a room, a self contain, 2 bed room flat etc
RULES AND REGULATIONS
PRIVACY
PRICE
VISITORS
I stay in the hostel...And we are just four in a spacious room divided into Four corners...There is a hell lot of privacy and no one steals in the room where i am...Also,asper the rules and regulations,guys do break dem wella and even the hostel porters are aware...The ish of girlfrnds,the visitation time makes sense but again,babes do sleep over grin...And the hostel fee is less dan 20k...
Kitchennette,Constant electricity,Constant supply of water etc
So gimme a reason why ano go stay hostel till i grad.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by squarelead(m): 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
Off campus is OK, but full concentration on studies can be best achieved in school hostel.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by onila(f): 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
you get to cook by yrself

on campus food sucks n there was no kitchen in my school rez

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by wisolf(m): 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
After witnessing hot beans get missing on the cooking stove,I understood what the meaning,characteristics and advantages of the word privacy...remembering my Akindeko boys in Futa

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by DuchessLily(f): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Na! Na!!! Ur Security/safety is one reason u should stay in d sch hostel
and dat one reason supersedes dez ones u've stated.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Current Affairs Questions And Answers Pdf Free Download (1960 Till Date) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / Top 10 African Universities In Computer Science: Covenant University Ranked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.