Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage (68236 Views)

26-Year-Old Virgin Lady Decides To Remain So Till Marriage (Photos) / 10 Reasons Why You Need To Abstain From Pre-marital Sex / When She Is Not A Virgin And She Says " No Sex Till Marriage ". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Some righteous or church people on this forum wouldn't stop pushing us to abstain from sex till marriage. They always give reasons like: It is a sin and the bible says so so and so. But they wouldn't tell us how to overcome the challenges that comes with abstaining till marriage these days. I agree that sex after marriage is the best solution to curb STDs and unwanted pregnancies but achieving such in the midst of some resisting factors appears to be an uphill task.

Apart from the sexual urges we have to deal with all through the period of abstaining we seem to forget to ask ourselves a certain question. And the question is: WHEN WILL YOU GET MARRIED AND FINALLY HAVE THAT SEX? Marriage in a country like Naija doesn't come cheap especially for the guys. The guys are expected to have a fat bank account first before thinking of marriage. Unfortunately some guys will be unlucky to get that kind of fat bank account at age 45 no matter how hard they have worked. Some ladies will clock 45 and still no signs of a husband coming close. If we must abstain from sex till marriage are we really going to abstain till old age if conditions are not favourable to get marriage? Is there a maximum limit to wait? What happens if you will never get married due to bad luck? Does it mean you will abstain from sex till death? If actually it was CERTAIN that everybody would be getting married at about 25 years old then it would make valid sense for people to wait till marriage.

Secondly, I think insisting on sex till marriage can cause another issue that most of us don't even think about. Due to the excitement of having sex for the first time and all that urge, someone who has been abstaining from sex can easily be tempted and decide to get married unprepared just to have sex to know how it feels. The outcome of this is that marriage crashes due to this unreadiness and kids will be brought to the world to suffer especially when the couple weren't financially ready. I have come across some folks here advising people to get married rather than have sex before marriage. Is it better to get married because of sex and the marriage crashes soon afterwards or is better to have PROTECTED sex before marriage and avoid the suffering a collapsed marriage? If you feel sex before marriage will take you to hell then it means everyone on this planet will end up in hell cos we are all sinning in different ways.

Contributions please.

74 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by gilgal7(f): 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
FTC...
Before i buy a car i have to check the engine,the gear box is loading properly,durable on a long express ride...i hate outside runs when am committed...lol

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
Who wants to knw how to overcome konji? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by zyzxx(m): 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2015

many people as done it and many people are still doing it. So live and let us live

17 Likes

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Faibuhari: 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
gilgal7:
Before i buy a car i have to check the engine,the gear box is loading properly,durable on a long express ride...i hate outside runs when am committed...lol
I buy your idea but are there still virgins around?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by ireneidiva(f): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ontarget:
Some righteous or church people on this forum wouldn't stop pushing us to abstain from sex till marriage. They always give reasons like: It is a sin and the bible says so so and so. But they wouldn't tell us how to overcome the challenges that comes with abstaining till marriage these days. I agree that sex after marriage is the best solution to curb STDs and unwanted pregnancies but achieving such in the midst of some resisting factors appears to be an uphill task.

Apart from the sexual urges we have to deal with all through the period of abstaining we seem to forget to ask ourselves a certain question. And the question is: WHEN WILL YOU GET MARRIED AND FINALLY HAVE THAT SEX? Marriage in a country like Naija doesn't come cheap especially for the guys. The guys are expected to have a fat bank account first before thinking of marriage. Unfortunately some guys will be unlucky to get that kind of fat bank account at age 45 no matter how hard they have worked. Some ladies will clock 45 and still no signs of a husband coming close. If we must abstain from sex till marriage are we really going to abstain till old age if conditions are not favourable to get marriage? Is there a maximum limit to wait? What happens if you will never get married due to bad luck? Does it mean you will abstain from sex till death? If actually it was CERTAIN that everybody would be getting married at about 25 years old then it would make valid sense for people to wait till marriage.

Secondly, I think insisting on sex till marriage can cause another issue that most of us don't even think about. Due to the excitement of having sex for the first time and all that urge, someone who has been abstaining from sex can easily be tempted and decide to get married unprepared just to have sex to know how it feels. The outcome of this is that marriage crashes due to this unreadiness and kids will be brought to the world to suffer especially when the couple weren't financially ready. I have come across some folks here advising people to get married rather than have sex before marriage. Is it better to get married because of sex and the marriage crashes soon afterwards or is better to have PROTECTED sex before marriage and avoid the suffering a collapsed marriage? If you feel sex before marriage will take you to hell then it means everyone on this planet will end up in hell cos we are all sinning in different ways.

Contributions please.
Number 1, if you die without having sex, so what? What kind of dumb reason is that!
Number 2, anybody that marries because of sex is still a kid.sex before marriage will definately take you to hell adn so will other things like creating this kind of thread too. Sin is sin!

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by heatmeup(f): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
am so so speechless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
ireneidiva:

Number 1, if you die without having sex, so what? What kind of dumb reason is that!
Number 2, anybody that marries because of sex is still a kid.sex before marriage will definately take you to hell adn so will other things like creating this kind of thread too. Sin is sin!
If you can age and die without having sex it doesn't mean other abstainers like you will agree with you. So speak for yourself.
I hope you are ready to burn in hell cos don't tell me you have never sinned before.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by gilgal7(f): 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Faibuhari:
I buy your idea but are there still virgins around?
No H.R hires an un experienced staff...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Faibuhari: 3:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
gilgal7:

No H.R hires an un experienced staff...
wow, you are so damn on point. Virginity went with the civil rights movement, all ladies must be emancipated

1 Like

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by jmoore(m): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
Forward ever, backward never. I saw the light early enough.

#teamzipuptillmarriage
#tearrubbertillmarriage.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
My man you have hit some points.....
FOR everything GOD made...was wonderfully made..
We HUMANS decided to put up Laws ,restrictions, tests and these have rather made things worse..may be becos they were not managed well...

GOD gave us SEX ORGANS for a purpose, else he wouldn't have done such...
He also made it possible for our mind and these organs to attain MATURITY alongside.
He also made it possible for humans to enjoy sex, alongside 2 other mammals in this world.
That's Y u rarely find kids talk about dating.

I always believe that ONE is a product of his/her surrounding....
That's is Y u find some people NEAT while others DIRTY.
some families are built on unity while another seeks for it...
Most men who BEAT up their wives today,grew up learning such from either parents or TV reality shows .
That's y our cultures differ...

In koma hills(Adamawa) ,u find men & women moving about unclad, marry many wives ,yet they look happier than us..
Christianity is yet to strike there with a force.
When they die will they inherit hell...?

In native america, people still walk unclad.Children are born into such tribes take up diz adamic qualities and move on...
Yet they seem happy and comfortable.

I feel that GOD created us to procreate ,serve him and fill this earth...,but something happened along the line.
This has to do with the struggle to have a sustainable livelihood before getting married..and it has made many to remain unmarried and lose hope in humanity.

No ONE is ever born to hate the other...
Rather people grow up to hate or love depending on the storylines they were told.
So in a nutshell, our holy BIBLE tells us that if u can't HOLD ON , MARRY...

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
People be coming up with reasons why pre-marital sex should be endorsed grin

LOL, Have your sex and leave 'em virgins alone. Nobody asked to be convinced.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by seedord247(m): 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
I keep asking them the same thing... Where in the bible did they talk about premarital sex ?...

If i'm buying a product i need to test it to see how efficient it will work if i decided to take it home.. grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by sammondonpoint(m): 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
hmmm

dont even bother reading

3 Likes

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nutase: 4:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
angry
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by SomebodyLovesMe: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
Pre-marital sex is a sin. That will never change.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
be right back when iv got something to say
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by technophile(m): 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
too long
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by seedord247(m): 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:
Pre-marital sex is a sin. That will never change.

Na who tell you that? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Promking: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
Nice write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by pekeyim: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
Nairaland take time oh,

We are one
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
ireneidiva:

LIKE SERIOUSLY? shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by msmon(m): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
Sex is one important need of any mankind and it's very essential. However, we can't ignore the fact pre-marital sex is fornication.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by raumdeuter: 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
Better test drive before you commit

Before we start hearing stories like my husband last just 1 minute or my wife is frigid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by englishmart(m): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
how am I supposed to abstain in the first place thin sef?
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by SomebodyLovesMe: 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
seedord247:

Na who tell you that? cheesy

I'm not getting into a debate about it cheesy

That's the beauty of free-will. You want to sleep around, do so. You want to keep yourself till marriage, do so.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Wynnah(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
hmm...speechless!
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Do I concur ?
Re: Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage by Barselonia(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Buys Her Boyfriend A Car (Photos) / Slim Yoruba Man Lifts His Plus-Sized Edo Spouse In Pre-Wedding Photos / Slay Mama Turns Sexy NEPA Official, Twerks On Ladder While Disconnecting Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.