Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,036 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

General Buhari's Military Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari's Military Government (87211 Views)

Buhari’s Military Action In Gambia Without Approval – Senator Chukwuka Utazi / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / Non-appointment Of Ministers Shows Buhari’s Military Hangover – Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Buhari of a truth was assertive and patriotic when he was the Head of State. Though some of his policies as at then may look undemocratic, yet on further interrogation we can see the sincerity and patriotism. The man Buhari saved our economy from near collapse andinstilled discipline into Nigerians. Vote Muhammadu Buhari, he will deliver

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Dynast(m): 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
Believe it or not, this information,this expositions should not be discarded in a hurry. So much sentiments abounds here.regurgitate this piece very well before taking sides.

Why didnt APC give Fashola,Elrufai,Okorocha, Amechi and the likes ticket, we are tired of stale milk.
Which promising country is ruled by illiterates and old cargoes in this 21st century.
When will youths learn, give the younger generation chance to make mistakes and learn from their mistakes until we improve to near perfection.
Lets stop recycling waste bin products. we cant move forward that way.
My2cent

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by kraba: 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
My friend its obvious you have very little regard for FACTS, most of the things you have up here are factually inconsistent. God forbid Pa Buhari becomes president, your likes will be sent too jail indefinitely without trial for putting together so many lies in one write-up whille attempting to embarrass the govt.

Its better you repent b4 its too late, knowing that GEJ will continue till 2019 and you have enough time for full rehab.

Just saying, though.

Meanwhile elections MUST hold on february 14.

N.B: GEJ became acting pres in April 2010 and substantive in May 2010, how does that add up to 6yrs? Pls go and retake maths exam in your WAEC if you failed it or better still go take the whole exam properly if your case is like Pa Buhari's own. Stop allowing certificate-less politicians to think for you.

uyplus:
GEJ is really that bad to allow Abba Moro still be a serving minister after defrauding jobless youths. He is really that bad to increase his feeding budget from N1bn in 2014 to N4bn in 2015. He is that bad to stay mute when hus wife was indicted in a $13m money laundering case with EFCC. He is really that bad to allow Dieziani use N10bn on private travels. He is really that bad to have spent $30bn on revamping power yet no giant achievements has been made. He is really that bad to have increased our external debts from $26bn to $70bn. He is really that bad to have spent N968bn as security budget yet nothing has been achieved against the fight for insurgency. He is really that bad to have stayed mute on the missing $20bn exposition by the whistle blower, Sanusi Lamido. He is really that bad to be budgeting N2bn to build VP residence while ordinary Nigerians are homeless. He is really that to be spending N10bn on 11 presidential jets, when he should be more prudent to have max of 2. He is really that bad to have allowed $15m to be swept under the carpet in the illegal arm deal at South Africa, where the names of the Nigerians involved are still shrouded in secrecy but the name of the Israeli was exposed. He is really that to have attended the Organization of Islamic Countries meeting when no president in Nigeria has ever attended such. He is really that bad to have stayed mute on the scam $470m cctv contract deal in FCT, yet no surveillance camera is working. He is really that bad to have said stealing is not corruption. He is really that bad to have said "how much did Jim Nwobodo stole, money that can't buy a Peugeot" (why would a sitting president commonise stealing of public funds, even if it's N1, it shouldn't be stolen because it's should be a call to service and not an avenue to redefine comfort). He is really that bad to have allowed to pension scam thief go with a little punishment. He is really that bad to have pardoned ex-convicts like Bode george, and Alameyghsia. He is really that bad to have not even find a major road like the east/west road which connconnects the south south region. He is really that bad to allow an overinflated budget of N117bn for the 1.5km 2nd Niger bridge yet Lagos state government built the 1.3km Lekki-Ikoyi bridge for N29bn. GEJ is really that bad to allow Tompolo own a warship, and Asari and Boyloaf issue war threat, yet they haven't been arrested. He is failure to have used his cohorts to aattempt sweeping the issue of the alleged missing N30tn under the carpet.

Nigerians want change. We demand accountability. We want a government that is ready to fight for the masses.

To hell with GEJ. If you fail to see that he is a failure, I will open your eyes to the obvious. He is a failure, even with 6years of oil boom he failed, now he wants to deceive us that he can perform in 4years in oil doom.

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by danies1941(m): 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
Seun:
It's hard to get the real truth about General Buhari's first government when all the storytellers are trying to influence our votes. President Jonathan's people want us to believe that it was a terrible time for Nigerians, but General Buhari's people say it was blissful and lovely.

I found the stories and quotes below on the US library of congress website (via barcanista, ironically). They're very balanced and objective, so please let's all read them very carefully. I have consciously chosen not to highlight the paragraphs that I might personally consider to be important since that will introduce bias.

Why is it difficult to get the truth about Buhari's regime? Were there no human beings alive in Nigeria at that time? Even if one wasnt alive at that time or was too young-doesnt such a person have parents or friends much older? Why do I have to access the US Library of Congress to find out facts about my own country?

Why do you have to resort to foreign media or any media to know how life was under his government?

Just ask those who were alive at that time and there were at least 100 million people -the vast majority of whom are still alive today.

The only people at that time who complained about his government were:

Thieves

Corrupt politicians and their relatives

People who didnt like queuing up at banks and bus stops

People who saw no reason for NOT littering the streets

The vast majority of people I know admired his government and patriotism filled the air. Even many of those who had issues with him praised him. Tai Solarin was jailed for 6 months under decree 2-yet praised him -describing his government as "effectively ruthless" in effect one of the 2 only good governments Nigeria had had as at the time of his interview withe TheNews Magazine in 1991.

But that was 30 years ago-I cannot say that those opposed to his candidacy today are in that category. Maybe the Buhari of 1985 is not the Buhari of 2015 or maybe he is.

If it is the same Buhari of 1985 that is contesting today-then any sane Nigerian will vote for him. But if it is not-then I dont know.

9 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Obasanjo's democratic rise to presidency in 1999 from the prison walls was to placate Yorubas on the death of Abiola
Are you the only one that doesn't know this?
Is that the route you want us to take in 2015?
Sympathy presidency?

[b]Babyosisi you are my sister by geographical location but even you are not cutting it for me. In the USA where you are can a tenth of what is happening here in your homeland be tolerated? Someone would have been forced out or would have resigned. You sit behind your computer and talk ill of a man who in less than 2yrs of his stint as head of state brought back sanity to a land that was on its way to crazydom. Much of what you are complaining about here is the norm where you are in the states. Are your phone calls not being monitored in the US? Do you have absolute freedom of everything? The truth is that where there is no law there is no offense but in Nigeria even with laws offenses abound without consequences and you say kudos to Jonathan?

I was 15 yrs old at the time Buhari took over power on 31st december 1983 and i must say it was a grand new year gift and i loved it because immediate drastic measures where put in place to ensure Nigeria quickly got back to her feet. In those days my father made sure we always watched anything related to current affairs on NTA channel 10 and i always kept up with happenings. Only the fearful and corrupt would dread the return of Buhari but those who with open minds experienced it before would welcome him with open arms.

Many who never experienced his regime can only speculate. Nigeria was in chaos until Buhari came and now we are back in Chaos. Mass looting, Mass killings, massive corruption in broad daylight with impunity and even the C in C does nothing about it because obviously he encourages it since he also has his own skeletons of corruption in his closet. Imagine apportioning $2b to the office of the first lady which does not even exist and is not recognized by our constitution and you feel all is well?

Believe me when i say that Jonathan is hustling hard to return so that he can either clean up records of corruption that would indite him or he wishes to cover them up for as long as possible while he continues doing what he knows best per looting the nations treasury. I for one detest wrongdoing and its likes and will personally stand in the forefront and take a bullet in protest of such an act especially when multitudes are suffering because of 1 persons inadequacies.

You have always come across to me as being intelligent babyosisi...prove me right.[/b]

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by CaptainJason: 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
Pedagogue:
Seun,

Thanks for beaming the searchlight on Buhari. You are a great 'JOURNALIST'.

But Seun, we will really appreciate if you can also use your 'journalistic talents' to beam a searchlight on the present government.

Or you don't consider it necessary for Nigerians to REMEMBER that:

1. The Chibok girls are still missing
2. That a dollar to naira is now 210.
3. That our hospitals are under locks and keys.
4. That universities were closed down for 6 months
5. Polytechnics were shut down for 11 months
6. Colleges of education were shut down for several months.
7. Oil theft is at an all time high.
8. Boko haram? They kill people everyday...Just check youtube if you have the heart!
9. Our international reputation? Gone to the dogs...
10. Corruption? Don't even go there! Billions now have wings...After all, Stealing is not corruption!!!

Seun, my point is: we know that Buhari is not perfect. He ruled with force as Head of State. He was ruthess...Yes, we know that!
But how do you expect a man who ruled as HEAD OF STATE to have ruled? It's a no-brainer!

Happily, there's something fantastic about the epistles from the US Library, and that is: BUHARI IS NOT CORRUPT!!! And believe me, he is all we need right now...

Sai Buhari!!!

Cheers

You tried by listing those points but it would have been better if you considered many other factors before heaping the blame on just one man out of 170 million people.

1. You forgot to mention the Borno elders that requested for less military presence and promised an end to boko haram if the military presence is reduced, you also forgot to add that Gen Ihejerika was attacked every time he was dealing with the boko haram boys, you failed to include that previous governments failed to stop Boko haram and that Emirs and notable northern politicians have been begging and standing as surety for those militants. Did you also forget that KAbiru Sokoto was arrested in Borno State Governors Abuja lodge? Why point all fingers at the man you expect to single-handedly stop numerous problems caused by several people and interest groups?

2. Dollar to Naira is now 210, Did you ask yourself what you and your people have been contributing to help Nigeria earn foreign currency? Are you aware that most countries with strong currencies are earning foreign currency, Do you as an individual export any good or service? The citizens of the countries you would want to compare the naira with are actively involved in earning foreign currency for their country

3. Most doctors and medical personnel in Govt owned institutions have their own private clinics where they refer people to, they cash out during the strike as more people troop to their clinics. Do you have any positive contribution on how to stop this trend?

4,5,6. These institutions clamored for autonomy yet they do not want to be independent, the workers have displayed their selfish nature, they try all sorts and hold govt to ransom. How come the private schools are doing very fine, many lectures hold positions in both public and private schools yet they do not sell their handout and ask for tutorial funds,sex and bribe for grades in the private schools except for maybe the yahoo colleges.

7 Oil theft is not new, Previous governments failed to stop it and it will continue to rise unless the world comes to our aid. The stolen oil makes its way to the market and as long as there are willing buyers and those ships can travel thousands of miles then there is no hope, its an organised crime.

8. Very sad, but how come Buhari and company have not been attending meetings to discuss the security situation? How come they cannot proffer solutions (since they claim they have it) to avoid loss of lives of people dying daily? How come they cannot use their supposed cult following to negotiate peace?

9. The international reputation has always been low and it is even getting better now, more people get visas now unlike the past when even western countries ban certain age groups

10. Corruption, we are all guilty, you support Buhari who is funded by ATiku, Amaechi and Tinubu

You claim Buhari is not perfect, No one is perfect, he was head of state, there were heads of state before and after him and they did not rule their people like they were ruling animals, Examples are Ironsi, Gowon, IBB, Murtala. Your Buhari that is not corrupt was Minister of petrol the first time that 2.8 billion dollars got missing from NNPC, I believe that is the starting point for corruption in Nigeria.

This is a democratic dispensation, Buhari claims to have his O'levels certificate, Nigerians have requested for it but he has been showing his dictatorial tendencies again. Is this what you really want? IF you want to be led by a dictator and have no regard for the rule of law, I cannot be in the same boat with you, This is Nigeria, you can move to North Korea ere such type of leadership is practiced.

36 Likes 22 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by adamskutty(m): 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
Seun if u are not bias, we need u to do a detail analysis of this present regime. grin

6 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by charismaticdave(m): 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
I still don't understand what people mean by 'change', change from what to what, i might ask?

Looking at your own example, the universities that was locked for sometime, why? Did you know they asked for autonomy, and what kind of autonomy you might ask? Let the government fund them and in return the government gets nothing, please if you are into a business and you put money, what do you expect? It was until they removed the autonomy clause from their demands that it was met,
Chibok girls missing is not and will never be the fault of the government, do you understand what's called whistle blowers? There are lots of them in the military, according to an eye witness from the kidnap, it was allegedly that the girls were kept at a spot for three days and nobody bothered looking, am sure if rain falls too much, you will complain about the government,

During Buhari's regime as the HOS, can remember what happened, if you have been born then and if you haven't, you can please read SeUn's post without bias and you will see for yourself.

You are calling APC the change, please can you believe that a 20KM road costs 20billion naira, mathematically, that's 1 billion per Km,

Its a matter of kettle calling pot black,

If Its in transportation alone, i will cast my vote for Jonathan, I want to be able to live in Ibadan and work in Lagos,

Lets vote continuity,
Vote, not fight.
Pedagogue:
Seun,

But Seun, we will really appreciate if you can also use your 'journalistic talents' to beam a searchlight on the present government.

8. Boko haram? They kill people everyday...Just check youtube if you have the heart!
10. Corruption? Don't even go there! Billions now have wings...After all, Stealing is not corruption!!!

Seun, my point is: we know that Buhari is not perfect. He ruled with force as Head of State. He was ruthess...Yes, we know that!
But how do you expect a man who ruled as HEAD OF STATE to have ruled? It's a no-brainer!

Happily, there's something fantastic about the epistles from the US Library, and that is: BUHARI IS NOT CORRUPT!!! And believe me, he is all we need right now...

Sai Buhari!!!

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
jonathan is a Big Scam!!! and his deceiving some nigerians with his face..Non of this his supporters know him...
uyplus:
GEJ is really that bad to allow Abba Moro still be a serving minister after defrauding jobless youths. He is really that bad to increase his feeding budget from N1bn in 2014 to N4bn in 2015. He is that bad to stay mute when hus wife was indicted in a $13m money laundering case with EFCC. He is really that bad to allow Dieziani use N10bn on private travels. He is really that bad to have spent $30bn on revamping power yet no giant achievements has been made. He is really that bad to have increased our external debts from $26bn to $70bn. He is really that bad to have spent N968bn as security budget yet nothing has been achieved against the fight for insurgency. He is really that bad to have stayed mute on the missing $20bn exposition by the whistle blower, Sanusi Lamido. He is really that bad to be budgeting N2bn to build VP residence while ordinary Nigerians are homeless. He is really that to be spending N10bn on 11 presidential jets, when he should be more prudent to have max of 2. He is really that bad to have allowed $15m to be swept under the carpet in the illegal arm deal at South Africa, where the names of the Nigerians involved are still shrouded in secrecy but the name of the Israeli was exposed. He is really that to have attended the Organization of Islamic Countries meeting when no president in Nigeria has ever attended such. He is really that bad to have stayed mute on the scam $470m cctv contract deal in FCT, yet no surveillance camera is working. He is really that bad to have said stealing is not corruption. He is really that bad to have said "how much did Jim Nwobodo stole, money that can't buy a Peugeot" (why would a sitting president commonise stealing of public funds, even if it's N1, it shouldn't be stolen because it's should be a call to service and not an avenue to redefine comfort). He is really that bad to have allowed to pension scam thief go with a little punishment. He is really that bad to have pardoned ex-convicts like Bode george, and Alameyghsia. He is really that bad to have not even find a major road like the east/west road which connconnects the south south region. He is really that bad to allow an overinflated budget of N117bn for the 1.5km 2nd Niger bridge yet Lagos state government built the 1.3km Lekki-Ikoyi bridge for N29bn. GEJ is really that bad to allow Tompolo own a warship, and Asari and Boyloaf issue war threat, yet they haven't been arrested. He is failure to have used his cohorts to aattempt sweeping the issue of the alleged missing N30tn under the carpet.

Nigerians want change. We demand accountability. We want a government that is ready to fight for the masses.

To hell with GEJ. If you fail to see that he is a failure, I will open your eyes to the obvious. He is a failure, even with 6years of oil boom he failed, now he wants to deceive us that he can perform in 4years in oil doom.

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by philips70(m): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Buhari has never ruled Nigeria if not in a military regime
You folks promote him as a good leader based on his military rule at the same time exonerate his ills as a military leader
You can't have it both ways
The only basis to judge him is to look at what he had done in the past
We have no other records to rely on do we?
He hasn't been a democratic leader so no one knows what type of leader he will be
In other words he has no experience in ruling a democracy
Therefore he is not fit to rule
We are not prepared to allow a novice handle a place as complex as Nigeria
He should start by vying for house of reps or as a commissioner in his home state and then for governorship in katsina so we can assess him He has no experience with democracy.

What were OBJ's democratic credentials when he was elected in 1999? The man who rules over your House of Lords that make laws for democratic Nigeria is from what background? Which University of Democracy did they attend before PDP found them worthy to lord over us? Time's up for Jona girl, Nigerians' mind are made up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Orikinla(m): 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
lucrownt:
I shall not lie, one old man told me the story of Buhari/Idiagbon regime I felt like crying for this present state of Nigeria. He said that there were high level of corruption, inflation etc before Buhari's Coup. But some months after the take over, everything became normal. Though, it was unfavorable to some elites because it blocked their gates of unclean wealth. I must confess to you that we Nigerians we hate truthfulness. May Almighty God give us the heart of being just. Click Like if you believe that Truth will surely prevail over calumny.
God Bless You
God Bless Nigeria.
I was 20 then and GMB's administration attracted many American projects and that was when the USAID interviewed me and recommended me to the Johns Hopkins University's Population Communication Services and I was employed to produce fully illustrated family planning methods booklets in Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba and Pidgin English and over one million copies were distributed all over Nigeria. Then more Americans came looking for me in 1985 and employed me again on another national project.

Only criminals and drug dealers and pedlars were scared of GMB. I was enjoying myself and could afford to travel overseas. Airfare to the USA was about N600 return ticket. I remember my cousin at the Nigerian Airways just flying to Amsterdam to buy chocolates and returning the following day. GMB was part of the Murtala Muhammad revolution and he wanted to continue the mission before the enemies of progress toppled his administration and the collapse of Nigeria began with the regime of the evil genius and his successors, who are among the leaders of the PDP.

13 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Hotstew(m): 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
philips70:

Are we still in a military government? What's more important here are intentions. Sincerity, principles and genuine intentions to punish sleaze and rid the nation of the corrupt behemoth holding our development to ransom. If you can only open your mind to see what Nigeria has and how it could have been put to good use by serious and responsible leaders. Deceits do not last for long and no one can stand in the way of a moving train.

We're the students corrupt? We're the doctors corrupt??
You folks have a way of overlooking terrible traits in buhari just because you support his candidacy. Did OBJ not rule as a military HOS? Why didn't he ban student bodies and gag the media?? This buhari is inherently evil. If he wins this election, Nigeria and Nigerians will regret it.

7 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by uyplus(m): 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
kraba:
My friend its obvious you have very little regard for FACTS, most of the things you have up here are factually inconsistent. God forbid Pa Buhari becomes president, your likes will be sent too jail indefinitely without trial for putting together so many lies in one write-up whille attempting to embarrass the govt.

Its better you repent b4 its too late, knowing that GEJ will continue till 2019 and you have enough time for full rehab.

Just saying, though.

Meanwhile elections MUST hold on february 14.

N.B: GEJ became acting pres in April 2010 and substantive in May 2010, how does that add up to 6yrs? Pls go and retake maths exam in your WAEC if you failed it or better still go take the whole exam properly if your case is like Pa Buhari's own. Stop allowing certificate-less politicians to think for you.

Was that all you could dispute? Damp headed phool.

4 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by 989900: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
My Summary: Buhari is a severely strict disciplinarian, who in his sojourn to cleanse and rid the country of corruption and indiscipline, did go overboard at times with his methods. Though a dictator, you can't fault his commitment.

While Buhari’s austere policies could be justified on the basis that he was battling against corruption and economic waste, his public relations machinery was poor. He made a number of strategic errors and failed to ingratiate himself with the mainly southern based print media. His regime was savaged by the press as a result (many of Nigeria’s print houses were then owned by the multi-billionaire businessman/politician: the late Moshood Abiola).

Must read link if you really crave an insight http://www.gamji.com/article6000/news7202.htm

P.S. It will be noteworthy to chip in that, a large chunk of the excesses of those days were enforced by then Brig. General Tunde Idiagbon.

While it will also be perspicacious to allude to our law enforcement agencies penchant for egoistic aggressiveness. And this was the '80s', the general level of civilization/respect/courtesy/ exhibited by humans then, can't be compared to what obtains now. (e.g.) the kind of spanking I received from my dad then . . . put mildly no one does that anymore.

6 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by ChinemeOkpan: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
naijadeyhia:

[b]Babyosisi you are my sister by geographical location but even you are not cutting it for me. In the USA where you are can a tenth of what is happening here in your homeland be tolerated? Someone would have been forced out or would have resigned. You sit behind your computer and talk ill of a man who in less than 2yrs of his stint as head of state brought back sanity to a land that was on its way to crazydom. Much of what you are complaining about here is the norm where you are in the states. Are your phone calls not being monitored in the US? Do you have absolute freedom of everything? The truth is that where there is no law there is no offense but in Nigeria even with laws offenses abound without consequences and you say kudos to Jonathan?

I was 15 yrs old at the time Buhari took over power on 31st december 1983 and i must say it was a grand new year gift and i loved it because immediate drastic measures where put in place to ensure Nigeria quickly got back to her feet. In those days my father made sure we always watched anything related to current affairs on NTA channel 10 and i always kept up with happenings. Only the fearful and corrupt would dread the return of Buhari but those who with open minds experienced it before would welcome him with open arms.

Many who never experienced his regime can only speculate. Nigeria was in chaos until Buhari came and now we are back in Chaos. Mass looting, Mass killings, massive corruption in broad daylight with impunity and even the C in C does nothing about it because obviously he encourages it since he also has his own skeletons of corruption in his closet. Imagine apportioning $2b to the office of the first lady which does not even exist and is not recognized by our constitution and you feel all is well?

Believe me when i say that Jonathan is hustling hard to return so that he can either clean up records of corruption that would indite him or he wishes to cover them up for as long as possible while he continues doing what he knows best per looting the nations treasury. I for one detest wrongdoing and its likes and will personally stand in the forefront and take a bullet in protest of such an act especially when multitudes are suffering because of 1 persons inadequacies.

You have always come across to me as being intelligent babyosisi...prove me right.[/b]

Brilliant!!!

7 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Wealthyone: 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
tommykiwi:
thanks for the USELESS info! With all dis info U did not tell Us anytin abt is CERTIFICATE or is real AGE! Tell us those ones abeg MR story teller!

Where is your own CERTIFICATE? undecided

6 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hotstew:

You folks have a way of overlooking terrible traits in buhari just because you support his candidacy. Did OBJ not rule as a military HOS? Why didn't he ban student bodies and gag the media?? This buhari is inherently evil. If he wins this election, Nigeria and Nigerians will regret it.

Ask them o
Tail solarin that was standing on the street corners distributing leaflets condemning the inhumane treatment and disappearance of Nigerians under Buhari was hurled off to prison,what was his crime?
I remember stories of how plain clothed men would come into the homes of people and whisk of their fathers and it would sometimes take days and weeks to figure out where they were taken to and they were held for months without charges and without any trial
That was Buhari's regime

This election will be decided by the undecided voters
There are people who will remain obstinate no matter what but there are people who will read the actions of Buhari on threads like this and make up their minds.
Thanks to SEun for this topic

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by maryhaam(f): 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
naijadeyhia:

a detailed n good comment so fr.

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I have an important meeting with my boss right now
Pray for me grin
Will respond when I return

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
Pedagogue:
Seun,

Sai Buhari!!!

Cheers

+100000000000000000000000 likes

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by maestroferddi: 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Obasanjo did not have a reputation as a tyrant during his military rule unlike Buhari
Big difference
I am afraid you didn't get it exactly.

Obasanjo's administration was infamous for human right abuses, intolerance, executive meddlesomeness and even corruption.

I wonder why anybody would remember the Odi and Ziaki Biam massacres and still want another ex-military head of state in Nigeria.

We need to strengthen our democratic institutions and that wouldn't happen under a Buhari presidency.

Forget all the wash...

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2015
Orikinla:
I was 20 then and GMB's administration attracted many American projects and that was when the USAID interviewed me and recommended me to the Johns Hopkins University's Population Communication Services and I was employed to produce fully illustrated family planning methods booklets in Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba and Pidgin English and over one million copies were distributed all over Nigeria. Then more Americans came looking for me in 1985 and employed me again on another national project.
Only criminals and drug dealers and pedlars were scared of GMB. I was enjoying myself and could afford to travel overseas. Airfare to the USA was about N600 return ticket. I remember my cousin at the Nigerian Airways just flying to Amsterdam to buy chocolates and returning the following day. GMB was part of the Murtala Muhammad revolution and he wanted to continue the mission before the enemies of progress toppled his administration and the collapse of Nigeria began with the regime of the evil genius and his successors, who are among the leaders of the PDP.
Wow! Nice experience.

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by danies1941(m): 6:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Ask them o
Tail solarin that was standing on the street corners distributing leaflets condemning the inhumane treatment and disappearance of Nigerians under Buhari was hurled off to prison,what was his crime?
I remember stories of how plain clothed men would come into the homes of people and whisk of their fathers and it would sometimes take days and weeks to figure out where they were taken to and they were held for months without charges and without any trial
That was Buhari's regime

This election will be decided by the undecided voters
There are people who will remain obstinate no matter what but there are people who will read the actions of Buhari on threads like this and make up their minds.
Thanks to SEun for this topic

Bros-please get a copy of the 23rd edition of TheNews Magazine 1991 and see how Tai Solarin praised the Buhari administration that jailed him for 6 months. There was a law that Uncle Tai broke thats why he was jailed. He wasnt arrested and locked in a cell for no reason. He broke that law (although a law that could only work in a military government or during a state of emergency). I spoke with Dr Solarin many times and his quote concerning the Buhari government baffled me. He actually admired his jailors!

This is not to support or root for the candidacy of Buhari -but to set the records straight.

4 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by MrPresident1: 6:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
General Buhari = Nigerians are ready for judgment for their corrupt ways.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
Its a fact that APC as a party will be more powerful than the President unlike PDP.

The cabinet will definitely be star studded.
The economic team will also be full of stars.

Can't wait the see buhari in a traditional regalia adressing or presiding over the executive council

Waoooo

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by olumuyo: 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
If so much could be achieved by GMB in just 20 months of ruling good or bad (as may view it) compared to GEJ 6 years of rule. How much more will GMB reform Nigeria in four years. Food for thought.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Hoodwing(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by Demdem(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Only hypocrites will want to highlight Buhari's past and deliberately refuse to bring to fore his achievements as the head of the most efficient govt parastatal/agency since independence which is PTF.
Decades after, PTF projects still remain for all to see.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by armadeo(m): 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=mustymatic post=30455962][/quote]

you are a die hard fan. grin grin
Re: General Buhari's Military Government by philips70(m): 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hotstew:

I don't know if you were born or wise in the era you are dabbling into now. There was a clear cut difference between when OBJ assumed power as HOS and when Buhari took over. You people cannot just rewrite history because you want Goodluck to get a second tenure by all means. The government of Buhari was generally accepted when he was in power. They were highhanded because at this time indiscipline and sleaze has reached the crescendo that Nigeria was at a point of precipice. If not for the evil general who is endorsing people left right and centre now that truncated that process we will have been celebrating Buhari the way most of you talk about Jerry Rawlings today. I did not read this history, I was part of it. I still have the pictures of Buhari and IBB I drew back then as a kid who had love for fine arts in my archives.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari's Military Government by beetruth: 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
mathskill:
why cant you put things in context? That was a military regime. Moreover didnt you read were it was stated he declined to accept IMF death pill and how he managed the economy.

Can people stop giving excuse of it being a military regime? Was he the only military head of state? How come some weren't as cruel and ....... Like him?
Can we read peoples personality from regime. U can put a leopard under diff shades but it will never change its spot and no matter how much you wash it, it won't fade off.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Is Dating Ezenwa Chika Nerita (Photos) / Senate President Akpabio Wears Tinubu Logo Cap To Plenary, Sparks Reaction (Pix) / Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.