Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! (3400 Views)

Eight (8) Ways To Identify Carry Over Student On Campus / Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University / 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Lagusta(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Now I have no intentions to counter this thread
Cc: lalasticlala

https://www.nairaland.com/2129599/5-reasons-why-should-stay

But I feel it is an obligation to educate students and aspirants on the need to stay on campus, especially for the first year....

1) CONCENTRATION: Why were you admitted, to study right?? Staying on campus gives you lots of chances to concentrate on your studies. There are lots of discussion groups to join, don't forget the tutorials too. Friends would call you to come and read at night in one of the lecture rooms

2) EASE OF TRANSPORT: Staying on campus would surely save you lots of money when boarding buses or cabs. And if you think you got the quid to spill, then you could get caught during RUSH HOUR, where big heavy guys would tear you into pieces when rushing for buses. Staying on campus makes you just have a stroll and enjoy the scenery!!!

3) SECURITY: This is very important!!! We always hear cases of rape, robbery, assault etc outside the university premises, but on campus, there are lots of security guards on patrol. Even the man-o-war troops, cadets, etc would lend a hand....

4) PUNCTUALITY: when you stay on campus, you tend to be more serious, so you wake up, have a bath, dress up and stroll down to the lecture theaters, you may get a space in front. But if you stay off campus, you wake up, have a bath,dress up, wait for the bus for 30mins, the bus may break down, may even tear your new Thomas pink shirt....

5) COMPANIONSHIP: Its always fun staying with your peers, campus hostels can never be a dull place, its like a mini village!!! There are comedians, touts, clowns, in fact no dull moments!!! There is always a hall rep, who is an automatic member of the student union representative council, who may even organize shows, end of session dinners, etc and it tends to be free.....

So what do you think

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by RotrEmmanuel: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
Isokay!
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
I agree. smiley Nothing like that chill campus gives you.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
*climbs palm tree and sips bobo.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Lagusta(m): 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
MzNelly:
I agree. smiley Nothing like that chill campus gives you.
abi??
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by trigar12(m): 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
Counter Attack... I was expecting this
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by twaintoy(f): 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
Counter thread. Nice one
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lagusta:
Now I have no intentions to counter this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2129599/5-reasons-why-should-stay

But I feel it is an obligation to educate students and aspirants on the need to stay on campus, especially for the first year....

1) CONCENTRATION: Why were you admitted, to study right?? Staying on campus gives you lots of chances to concentrate on your studies. There are lots of discussion groups to join, don't forget the tutorials too. Friends would call you to come and read at night in one of the lecture rooms

2) EASE OF TRANSPORT: Staying on campus would surely save you lots of money when boarding buses or cabs. And if you think you got the quid to spill, then you could get caught during RUSH HOUR, where big heavy guys would tear you into pieces when rushing for buses. Staying on campus makes you just have a stroll and enjoy the scenery!!!

3) SECURITY: This is very important!!! We always hear cases of rape, robbery, assault etc outside the university premises, but on campus, there are lots of security guards on patrol. Even the man-o-war troops, cadets, etc would lend a hand....

4) PUNCTUALITY: when you stay on campus, you tend to be more serious, so you wake up, have a bath, dress up and stroll down to the lecture theaters, you may get a space in front. But if you stay off campus, you wake up, have a bath,dress up, wait for the bus for 30mins, the bus may break down, may even tear your new Thomas pink shirt....

5) COMPANIONSHIP: Its always fun staying with your peers, campus hostels can never be a dull place, its like a mini village!!! There are comedians, touts, clowns, in fact no dull moments!!! There is always a hall rep, who is an automatic member of the student union representative council, who may even organize shows, end of session dinners, etc and it tends to be free.....

So what do you think

1. Sorry mate, I don't think I can concentrate with 7 guys chatting in the room. Staying in a one room apartment off campus gives me that "concentration".
2. I don't think transportation is a problem here in unilorin. You have a variety of buses with prices ranging from 20 naira to fifty naira. Infact, if you have a lecture by 8, leave your house by 7.
3. Security. C'mon, even in school hostel, you hear cases of rape and theft. Between, my house off campus is very secure.
4. Punctuality. Majority of late-comers are those who live within the school. They always tend to leave the hostel very late.
5. Companionship. Am not even going there. Off campus is a whole new world no wonder guys who stay in the hostel come to "town" every weekend to party.
I expected the OP to raise valid points.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Lagusta(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

1. Sorry mate, I don't think I can concentrate with 7 guys chatting in the room. Staying in a one room apartment off campus gives me that "concentration".
2. I don't think transportation is a problem here in unilorin. You have a variety of buses with prices ranging from 20 naira to fifty naira. Infact, if you have a lecture by 8, leave your house by 7.
3. Security. C'mon, even in school hostel, you hear cases of rape and theft. Between, my house off campus is very secure.
4. Punctuality. Majority of late-comers are those who live within the school. They always tend to leave the hostel very late.
5. Companionship. Am not even going there. Off campus is a whole new world no wonder guys who stay in the hostel come to "town" every weekend to party.

Bros I am a graduate of unilorin better by far, in fact an MBBS graduate....

1) I didn't say one should read in the hostel, haven't you heard of night class

2) when I first got admitted, unilorin transport was a face off, you see guyz and ladies literally fighting over seats, okay now that its been settled, what of other campuses, east west north and south...

3) throughout my stay in unilorin, I have never heard of any rape cases or robbery, but many rape cases in tanke and oke-odo area...

4) na lie, that one na fat lie, look for another lie to rub your head with grin

5) you have really been missing out!!!

PS: I have stayed both off and on campus, and I enjoyed both....
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lagusta:

2) when I first got admitted, unilorin transport was a face off, you see guyz and ladies literally fighting over seats, okay now that its been settled, what of other campuses, east west north and south...

3) throughout my stay in unilorin, I have never heard of any rape cases or robbery, but many rape cases in tanke and oke-odo area...

1. I don't do night classes, it doesn't work for me.
3. Bro, how many years ago did u Graduate? Things have changed now.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by princealbashir: 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Transportation in Unilorin isn't a problem?.. Do you really school in Unilorin?
www.nairaland.com/2031363/photos-problem-transportation-unilorin
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Lagusta(m): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

1. I don't do night classes, it doesn't work for me.
3. Bro, how many years ago did u Graduate? Things have changed now.

1) okay

3) graduated last year, hope nothing serious happened ooooo
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
princealbashir:

Transportation in Unilorin isn't a problem?.. Do you really school in Unilorin?
No, I school in France.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by princealbashir: 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

No, I school in France.
Good. Stop saying what you don't know then..
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
princealbashir:

Good. Stop saying what you don't know then..
I have one question for you and pls answer honestly. Compared to past years, has the transportation system in unilorin improved massively?
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by princealbashir: 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

I have one question for you and pls answer honestly. Compared to past years, has the transportation system in unilorin improved massively?
It's getting worse every year. What do you expect in a school with a student population of about 25,000 and with just a little over 3,000 staying on campus? The simplimove initiative would have worked had the school not admitted 12, 000 new students this session.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by waxyung(m): 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Yeeee.....ROTFL.....SMH.....neva cum down o...
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
princealbashir:

It's getting worse every year. What do you expect in a school with a student population of about 25,000 and with just a little over 3,000 staying on campus? The simplimove initiative would have worked had the school not admitted 12, 000 new students this session.
My lie detector says you lied when you said it's getting worse. Do you know that apart from simplimove, the school acquired 2-3 new buses?
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by princealbashir: 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

My lie detector says you lied when you said it's getting worse. Do you know that apart from simplimove, the school acquired 2-3 new buses?
LOL see you. Ask anybody who's been on campus for 3years or more. Even the current 200l students can testify to that. Go on do the research.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Lagusta(m): 6:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
princealbashir:

LOL see you. Ask anybody who's been on campus for 3years or more. Even the current 200l students can testify to that. Go on do the research.

Maybe he leaves school at 12noon when buses are begging u to enter them

He should go there by 3.30 make he see the other side of the bus stop
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
princealbashir:

Am in my second year, I have first hand information. And you didn't answer my question.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by princealbashir: 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lagusta:

Maybe he leaves school at 12noon when buses are begging u to enter them

He should go there by 3.30 make he see the other side of the bus stop
LOL. Don't mind him. The transport system got really bad this semester that there was a day I got to park around 8pm and still met people on the queue.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by princealbashir: 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Am in my second year, I have first hand information. And you didn't answer my question.
I'm in my third year and I know what I'm saying. Whatz the question?
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
princealbashir:

I'm in my third year and I know what I'm saying. Whatz the question?
Do u know that the school acquired 2-3 new buses at the beginning of the session?
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Lagusta(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
princealbashir:

LOL. Don't mind him. The transport system got really bad this semester that there was a day I got to park around 8pm and still met people on the queue.

This is even exam time, transport is always terrible at this time!!!!

Having accommodation is the surest thing!!!
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Exactly bro, u made more sense than the off camp guy, I'm a FUTO student and I've lived in both places, I stayed off camp year 1 and 2, but moved to the hostel cos of these ur reasons, security is the main issue off campus,,.. I'm talking 'bout FUTO anyways (umuchima). Dunno for other uni's..
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lagusta:

Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
@Lagusta

no matter the number of reasons you might have the fact still remains that staying on or off campus simply depends on the individual

During my predegree days I stayed in school hostel for one month b4 i moved outside. Trust those 4 weeks were a total waste because i couldn't concentrate at all!! The noise the theft the borrow-borrows were too much for me to take. So throughout my stay off campus i didn't go to night classes, i missed classes like hell buh at the end of it all i was among the top 5 in my dept

it all depends on the person

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by liveyourlife: 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
kampus ko, kampus ni?

Generally, I think The Light and Konstant Water is super useful but the FREEDOM of Off-K has caused more pregnancies than Orijin.

Also, i strongly Believe that 'there' is no course you Cannot get a First Class in.

Requirements:

1: God
2: Books
3: Determination
4: http://

---- Thank me later for my advise!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by princealbashir: 7:28am On Feb 05, 2015
dat5starguy:

Do u know that the school acquired 2-3 new buses at the beginning of the session?

Not denying that bro. But still we're having longer queues than previous semesters. Why? Do you really think buying more buses will have significant effect? Even if they buy 50,nothing will change. It's not just because of insufficient buses but other factors too.
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by akinlex(m): 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
fp
Re: Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! by Jemma77: 11:03am On Aug 05, 2015
CAMPUS NAIJA HOOK UP SEGMENT To particpate, send your profile via email jemma4zion@gmail.com and add up Our BBM CHANNEL C003EFDF5 an using the following pattern Dislay Name(DN) Location Occupation Hobbies Ideal lady/man PIN/Phone Numbers (your pin/phone number will not be displayed or given out without your permission) Age* Blood Group*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kscoe Ankpa 2015/2016 Utme / See New Polytechnic Grading Released By NBTE / Stop Using Tissue Papers - Doctor Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.