Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man (36671 Views)

Taxi Man Welcomes 'chinese' Baby With Wife Who Works In A Chinese Company (Pic) / My Encounter With An Edo Witch / See How A Taxi Man Is Been Beaten Up By Police Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by yhusiee(f): 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
Oga driver, God bless you. U sef gud kwa @OP. Lot of peeps wld av jst left wvout appreciating d man d way u did, soooo, God go bless u join.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Haywhymido(m): 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
jazaakallahu khairan for upholding righteousness.
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
ideology:

I get your view, anyone can steal not just igbos.

Am Akwa ibomite but Didn't feel so good reading that. I'll prefer lets focus on the topic.

You don't know how many foreigners are reading this post, they may start believing igbos are thieves.
This is how Nigeria got her bad image. When we always wash our linens in public.

Something good just happened, lets celebrate and magnify that one.

#Nigeria Good people great Nation.
You are a very sensible human being.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
Shaakasi:

Wait let me ask the gods angry

Calm down na...Is just that the name sounds awkward pronouncing it.

Or is it your pet name tongue
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by ideology(m): 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

You are a very sensible human being.

Yeeleeee!!!! is that a compliment grin
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
uzolexis:

i think insulting Igbos gives u a hard on..........MODS pls ban this guy angry angry
*modified* Kachi I didnt even see the name before I quoted sef,I know u for making reasonable comments so I least expected this from u plus u r also Igbo...don't join the tribal bigots on NL biko

Once again, if I had tried parking my car like that in Aba,admist my igbo brothers - they would have attempted breaking into that car.

Igbos are always quick to scream tribalism.
Who even told you guys people are out there to castigate y'all? ?

That's all undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Lincoln275(m): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
sleektalker:
Two days ago, in Port Harcourt, I took a taxi from Garrison to Abuloma, On getting to my destination at Okilo Road, I was theblast person to come down from the vehicle of 5passengers. Unknown to me, my wallet was Misplaced.

For emphasis, the content of the wallet are as follows:
New Drivers Liescence
3bank ATM cards
N10,000
My PVC
And copies of my passport.

I was saying to myself after it was discovered missing, that "this is Nigeria I can never find it. I even tried going to the park at which I boarded. But no success was recodered. I regret not deriving that day.

This evening, I got a call from the bank, that a lady brought my atm to the bank, and requested the bank (fidelity) should contact me, for misplaced items. I was marveled.
And so the bank gave me the numbers of the driver and his lovely wife.
Joy entered my spirit.

Note: this man and his wife live in a Bacha. I took a pic of this man to make u Nairalanders bless his generation. His name is Elisha Ukpong.
He was even so delighted I split the money in 2.
MODS I beg you front page so anigerians van learn to be good.
hmmmmmm! Its cos the money is just 10k , oya misplace millions and wait for bank to call u back or driver return it to u.
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Roseey0(f): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
undecided
We pardoned your gbaguns
Becos you shared an inspiring story
Am surprised our English teachers pardoned you.

HopeforNaija#
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by 100Cents: 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
God bless him

While some youths elsewhere are breaking into people's houses, stealing household items..
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by elbinmanny(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
The only taxi drivers that seem to return missing money are from akwa ibom . I remember the other one that got a national award cool

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
ideology:

Yeeleeee!!!! is that a compliment grin
Yes it is and I mean itsmiley
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Chukslar: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
May God Richly reward him and his generation In Jesus name.

And may his light shine Brighter and Brighter unto the Perfect Day.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
No be say one thing one thing,but if na me shaaaaaa....
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by pelij18(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
krall:
now this is a God fearing man. An ideal citizen. His reward is from God, but wont fall from heaven.
i hope half of the money u split was given to him.
Maybe he is a Deeper lifer
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by ANIEXTY(m): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
From his name he is from akwa ibom

Akwa ibom people doing good since 1860

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Btruth: 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
Thank you so much Mr Elisha, God bless you.

cool
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by lionduke(m): 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2015
sauceny:

People of Calabar/Akwa Ibom are the last people that would steal from you,tho not all,but majority of em people are good...

If it were my igbo brothers,the money would have been gone & still would call you to come pay for those documents you have in it grin
Ewu! igbos work for their money, they don't drive around town looking for who will loose his wallet.
in other news.. God bless the taxi driver.

5 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Gynacologist(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
onila:
grin grin
y u de quote me nix dp tho
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by uzolexis(f): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Once again, if I had tried parking my car like that in Aba,admist my igbo brothers - they would have attempted breaking into that car.

That's all undecided

If u had tried parking ur car in Ibadan they would have tried breaking into that car....I lived in Ibadan for a while so I know but u don't see me saying yorubas r this n that.
Igbo bashing is the reigning thing on NL these days

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by harry509: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2015
sleektalker:
Two days ago, in Port Harcourt, I took a taxi from Garrison to Abuloma, On getting to my destination at Okilo Road, I was theblast person to come down from the vehicle of 5passengers. Unknown to me, my wallet was Misplaced.

For emphasis, the content of the wallet are as follows:
New Drivers Liescence
3bank ATM cards
N10,000
My PVC
And copies of my passport.

I was saying to myself after it was discovered missing, that "this is Nigeria I can never find it. I even tried going to the park at which I boarded. But no success was recodered. I regret not deriving that day.

This evening, I got a call from the bank, that a lady brought my atm to the bank, and requested the bank (fidelity) should contact me, for misplaced items. I was marveled.
And so the bank gave me the numbers of the driver and his lovely wife.
Joy entered my spirit.

Note: this man and his wife live in a Bacha. I took a pic of this man to make u Nairalanders bless his generation. His name is Elisha Ukpong.
He was even so delighted I split the money in 2.
MODS I beg you front page so anigerians van learn to be good.
GOD bless u n ur family sir. Na so I stil take lost my wallet 4 taxi dat day. Bt I tank GOD say he minister 2 me dat vry day dat I shud remv all my money and put dm nside my bible so I obey his voice. Wen I reach my destination I found @ say my wallet waka go e own destination 2, wetn cum pain me b say na my national Identity card wey stil 4lo d wallet 2. Is vry gud 2 obey GOD voice ooh grin grin
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Chinaka2014(m): 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
I hope this man is not posing 4 commendation cos recently a lady ws rewarded in Lagos for returning the money she found.
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by elbinmanny(m): 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
http://globalvillenews.com/2012/08/24/abuja-airport-taxi-driver-who-returned-n18-million/
Lincoln275:
hmmmmmm! Its cos the money is just 10k , oya misplace millions and wait for bank to call u back or driver return it to u.
the is another akwa ibom cab driver who returned 18 million for gotten in his cab.. Ime Useh ..
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by onyichick(f): 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2015
God bless u sir.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by elbinmanny(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
pelij18:
Maybe he is a Deeper lifer
no he is drom akwa ibom...u can trust them wit money joor.. cool

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Emaprince: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

That's all undecided
I can't believe this!!

Are you saying your aba brothers are criminals? Smh..I don't know how long you've been in Aba but, people do park their cars on the streets and nothing happens to these cars.which Aba are you talking about sef? Smh

7 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
lionduke:

Ewu! igbos work for their money, they don't drive around town looking for who will forget his wallet.
in other news.. God bless the taxi driver.

Atụrụ hausa
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by lovat(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

you're very right!
AKS people don't have time to steal.
I served in Uyo, there was this time they were working the roads in my Estate.

I had to park so far from home, then trek to my house. The first time, I was so scared, as I was approaching the car in the morning- I was expecting to see broken glass...lol

My neighbour told me, "AKS people don't steal -they are happy...Akwaibom ayaya"....hahahahaha

If say na my igbo brothers, them for done move all the cars wey align for that street.
I'm igbo, I'm not your brother, I'm suprised you were once a corper which means you are a graduate, I'm disappointed that with your level of education you will belive all your igbo brothers* are criminals. SMH for your level of ignorance

9 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by engrjacuzzi: 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
am proud to b an akwaibomite. God bless you Mr ukpong for been a good ambassador.
Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
We must all stop pointing accusing fingers, knowing that the change in this country begins with each & everyone of us. We could start by discouraging exam malpractice by not patronizing ''solution centers''. The change Nigeria needs begins with ME/YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
uzolexis:

If u had tried parking ur car in Ibadan they would have tried breaking into that car....I lived in Ibadan for a while so I know but u don't see me saying yorubas r this n that.
Igbo bashing is the reigning thing on NL these days

lols.
I don't have time to bash any set. I also stayed with the yorubas for good 18yrs, so I can easily point out the "misconceptions" we have 'bout them.
I have never been a tribal bigot - never will.
'stated the hard truth...unfortunately it's bitter.
I am not generalizing in anyway though.

Emaprince:
I can't believe this!!
Are you saying your aba brothers are criminals? Smh..I don't know how long you've been in Aba but, people do park their cars on the streets and nothing happens to these cars.which Aba are you talking about sef? Smh

i would have replied you elaborately, just that this ain't a topic.
So, keep shaking your head.

lovat:
I'm igbo, I'm not your brother, I'm suprised you were once a corper which means you are a graduate, I'm disappointed that with your level of education you will belive all your igbo brothers* are criminals. SMH for your level of ignorance
yeayea.
I have just one brother and he definitely ain't you. wink

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by braine(m): 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
This reminds me of one time I was going for my CDS meeting in Ibadan during Service when a cab driver returned a stranger's phone. I was shocked! He drove us down to deliver the Samsung phone. That single act confirmed to me that there are still good people in this world.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Samaritan Taxi Man by jamace(m): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
Gynacologist:
b honest wif me if na u b d cleaner u go return am?
I will return it sharp sharp. I am content with myself. It is not in my character to use another man's misfortune as my own stepping stone to success.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Python Found In My Compound Last Night At 2am / Car With Learner Sign Crushes Six Children To Death In Edo / Woman Spotted Backing Chicken Instead Of Baby In Public (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.