Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

The APC And The Four Fingers Pointing Back At It. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The APC And The Four Fingers Pointing Back At It. (550 Views)

The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer / Saraki: Why Is Everyone Pointing Finger At Tinubu? / APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The APC And The Four Fingers Pointing Back At It. by phantom(m): 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
a friend on facebook posted this and it is exactly my sentiment. enjoy!! smiley

For a people who desire some form of change, ANYTHING BUT JONATHAN should suffice. I still maintain that stance. GEJ has come, seen and has certifiedly FAILED.

But as the days go by, I am becoming increasingly of the conviction that Nigerians themselves (and no other) are the messiahs they seek. I say this because acquiring this form of critical thinking irrespective of your affiliation is the only thing that will save this country. undecided

Both men (Buhari and GEJ) have sufficient antecedents to argue strongly against them. No problem. For APC and Buhari, you can argue it happened in the past, even though sufficient explanations have not been given for some of those controversial decisions of the 80s. What worries me however, is the own goal the APC has just scored against itself.

Many felt the issue of certificate was a distraction (I didn't think so), that the campaign should be issue based. Well, somehow, thanks to Soludo and many other Nigerians, the plot has gone back to issues. So, one would have thought the APC would pick the gauntlet and shine with the upcoming debates. It is dis-heartening to find out not even the debate by Channels TV (an "unbiased" umpire) is going to be honoured. THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THOSE WHO SEEK TO LEAD US. The last time I checked, debates are EXCLUSIVELY issue based, so why is the APC hiding Buhari and Osinbajo? Maybe Soludo was right afterall.

Somehow, I had hoped that phrase "anything but Jonathan" would somehow not really be "anything" but at least "something" we were replacing GEJ with. I still hope so. But this own goal is a big minus. Its like refusing to take a badly needed penalty, while still boasting you have a good leg and the confidence to do so. Since "bias" of media outlets is the major reason for shying away, why are you still contesting elections under an UNTRUSTED, GOVERNMENT AGENCY called INEC?

Nigerians, gird your loins. Its still a tough journey ahead, and February 14th is not going to be a magic wand. I am sure quite a few people know this, but when events like these occur, it needs re-iterating, because we tend to forget. The PDP thieves are in the spot-light now because they are the current rapists on the block, but we need to remember how Tinubu is buying up Lagos, we need to remember the inherent contradictions in APC in the run-up to this campaign, how they screamed "ISSUE BASED CAMPAIGNS" to high heavens only to avoid the most visible platform to high-light those issues. These memories will ensure we do not go to sleep should GEJ be rightly punished with defeat at the polls.
Re: The APC And The Four Fingers Pointing Back At It. by Gmajor(m): 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
change is a process not an event. It would be a suprise to some ppl that If Gmb wins , he wont still achieve much in the next 3years

(1) (Reply)

DSS: We Have Invited Asari-dokubo Over Inflammatory Statements / DSS Releases Bayelsa Ex-gov, Sylva / What's Your View About Jega's Decision To Shift The Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.