Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip (30936 Views)

Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant / President Buhari's Cancelled Trip To Ogoni; Nigerians React / Why Buhari Took His Son, Yusuf On The Official US Trip – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by ShowYourCertificate: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
•Certificate saga, human rights records scare APC candidate

IT emerged on Saturday that the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari jettisoned his advertised trip to the United States of America because of the fear of being questioned over his involvement in the post 2011 election violence and his certificate saga.

The APC Campaign Organization had confirmed two weeks ago that the General would visit the United States to address some Diasporal Nigerians, but it emerged last week that Buhari had jettisoned the trip on fears his compatriots would batter him with questions over his involvement in the 2011 election saga which led to the death of 800 Nigerians, including ten Youth Corps members.

The Northern Coalition for Democracy and Justice (NCDJ) a group of Northern Pro-democracy activists had, some months ago, petitioned the International Criminal Court(ICC) in the Hague alleging that Buhari ‘s party was to be blamed for the 2011 post election violence.

The General had also been involved in a certificate saga, which remains unending despite spirited effort by the opposition party to keep it under the table.

The group had engaged a prosecutor, Mr. Goran Sluiter, a human rights lawyer who had filed a charge against the Buhari at the Hagues, while the NCDJ had also last week petitioned the United States Secretary of States, Senator John Kerry, asking the US to facilitate Buhari’s extradiction to the Hague for trial over the death of some 800 persons in the post election violence of 2011.

In the letter dated January 25, 2015 and titled: “The role of General Muhammadu Buhari in the 2011 post election violence in Nigeria,” which was signed by Dr. Ibrahim Baba , Secretary Research and Documentation, Mr. Yunana Shubkau, Publicity Secretary and Umar Farouk, Secretary General, the NCDJ said it had dragged General Buhari to the International Criminal Court but needed the backing of the US to have Buhari repatriated to the court.

The letter read in part: “Conducts of political actors particularly statements credited to General Buhari and others in the year 2012, 2013 and 2014 during the build up to the 2015 elections is in the context of politically motivated sectarian violence. And a threat to the conduct of peaceful, free, fair and transparent elections in Nigeria.

“Therefore as an integral part of the international community, the United States have an unambiguous obligation to facilitate the prosecution of individuals responsible for the 2011 post election violence recorded in Nigeria and to checkmate reoccurrence of the same dastardly act in 2015 during the general elections in Nigeria.

“Northern Coalition for Democracy and Justice instituted legal action for human rights violation against Gen. Muhammadu Buhari before the ICC at the Hague.

It is in view of the ample video, audio and documented evidence to support a prosecution against him at our disposal that we urge the United States Government to facilitate his hand over to the International Criminal Court as there is incontrovertible evidence against him which supercedes that of Mr. Laurent Bagbo of Ivory Coast and Uhuru Kenyata of Kenya

“As vanguards of accountability in our dear country, we shall continue to conscientise and mobilize the citizenry to resist all forms of intolerance in Nigeria.”
http://tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/28301-why-buhari-cancelled-us-trip

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by ShowYourCertificate: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
I think say General no dey fear grin. It's now that the General will know that the pen is mightier than the bullet. He might have truncated our democracy in the past with a bullet but his presidential ambition will be truncated by our votes and by the Courts.

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

180 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Daniel058(m): 10:05pm On Feb 04, 2015
No politician is a saint.. May God help us Nigerians

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by dmjinc(m): 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Bevista: 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
General Muhammadu Buhari jettisoned his advertised trip to the United States of America because of the fear of being questioned over his involvement in the post 2011 election violence and his certificate saga.
Are you telling me that GMB has not travelled out to US since 2011?

Are you referring to the same GMB that US Secretary of State (John Kerry) flew all the way down from US to have a meeting with in Nigeria?

Rubbish. Go get a life!

#TeamGMB2015
#SaiBuhari

207 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by kekakuz(m): 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
buhari made unguarded statements in 2011. he knows fully well how barbaric and uneducated his followers are.
he said he was cheated in the computer.
this statement sparked a series of unrest and over 20 youth coppers were slaughtered and over 500lives lost.
buhari never apologise and couple with the fact thahe doesn't know how a computer works.

now the phrase "sai buhari" is more that just two words.
its denotes buhari or death. buhari or nothing else. it means buhari or you are finished.

if he truly loves this nation,he will caution them now and let them realise its sai Nigeria

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
Buhari is a wolf in sheeps clothing.. Be wise, vote GEJ

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by otijah(m): 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by korel9: 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
D guy dey fear grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by brainpulse: 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
ind of Change... Wind of Destiny Prayer

O Lord let your Wind of change blow out and destroy every enemies that have transformed into poverty and problems in my life.
O Lord let your Wind of change turn around every Situations for Good in my life.
O Lord enough of mediocre Jobs with small wage and transforming from one to another, I need change for better Job and increment IJN.
O Lord I don't want to be transformed from one face me house to another, I need change to a better duplex accommodation .
O Lord I don't want to be transformed from walking to bicycle riding, I want change to a better 4 wheel SUV drive
O Lord, You CHANGED the Levels of Mordecai in the eyes of Haman, change my levels today for good among kings and princes.
O Lord, You CHANGED the name and situation of Jebez for good and his later was better than the beginning, O lord change my today for good
O Lord as You changed Jericho's water from bitterness to sweetness, Change every source of bitterness to Sweetness in my life.
O Lord David was changed from working and eating in the wilderness to Palace, Change my position in life to higher ground.
O Lord change my barrenness to fruitfulness as you changed Hannah and Sarah's stories of life barrenness over night to testimonies.
O Lord I need a change that will let by friends, families and Neighbours sing song of victories for me is want I want, O God give to me
O Lord cause the life of anybody that says change will not be Possible in my life to be transformed to Leprosy in the order of Gehazi

Add your prayer points for CHANGE. SAI BUHARI

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Barselonia(m): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
anything u talk......
Anything u show

I don't care.....

all I need is change.....

I was fooled once before about 4 years ago by a man called Jonathan with d hope that d goodluck in his name would affect us... But unfortunately it was vice versa.....
But now my eyes are clear.... u can't fool me twice.... i need change...

#saibuhari
#change
#osinbanjo

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Eluwilussit(m): 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I think say General no dey fear grin. It's now that the General will know that the pen is mightier than the bullet. He might have truncated our democracy in the past with a bullet but his presidential ambition will be truncated by our votes and by the Courts.

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

Great talk.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by mr9ice18(m): 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
I dea come, make I sh1t finish.
Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by omenka(m): 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
FFK I see you! cheesy

The fear in the hearts of the nest of killers is all too obvious!! cheesy

Buhari has been to the US after the elections yet they didn't question or arrest him. Why would they now??

First, I give it up for the mod who moved this to the fp at the speed of light with less than 5 comments.

Then I give it up for author of the thread whose only purpose in life is to spread lies about the General even in his dreams I presume.

Then of course for the writer of the story who probably must have received his own share of the 21Billion naira booty.

And lastly for President Jonathan who seems to have lost all hopes of redemption and is pulling all stops to ensure his ill fate is postponed or completely averted.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by umarc19: 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Is that the real reason ?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by ozoigbondu: 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2015

This summarizes why i will never vote for buhari and how he is politically pariah and unelectable

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by SomebodyLovesMe: 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
10 more days to 14th FeBuhari! Keep concocting the lies - change is here!

22 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
The "clueless" we know is better than the "Messiah" with "dark past" which we don't know the real aim
I support PDP till APC "change" their minds grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by OtunbaJega: 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
..Kerry visited Buhari naw...

These PDP guys dey mad

21 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by nke001: 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
They were crying take him to court if you dare.
Now They refuse to recieve court sermon.
I pity Jega for allowing himself to be dragged into all these,
now his position is...

upcrown2512:
THOSE WHO MATTER DOES NOT MIND; AND THOSE WHO MIND DOES NOT MATTER.

Some people are soo bitter because of this GMB
[strong]Even if Cambridge issue another result. [/strong]I believe they'll still be sad alongside with their devil advocates in ethnocentric and their religion bigotry.

Because you've failed in all this; you have failed in all ramifications.

He'll Islamize Nigeria
Is too old
He doesn't know his Gsm no
He'll make country ungovernable
He has Cancer
He dn't know his vice name
He will throw pple to jail
General without certificate
He didn't buy weapons.

We are still counting.
? ? ? ?

In all this : GMB continue to get stronger and more stronger.

Google it and see what it take to be a General.

PDP and those who want a statue quo of monumental embezzlement, Zero on Security,
And all the promise and failed of GEJ.
Will likewise experience in their life the way GEJ is ruling this country. Say AMEN.

NIGERIANS ! FEBUARI ! ! !

It seems they are cooking another certificate!
All thanks to Oluwole.

Meanwhile,

www.buhariproduceyourcertificate.com

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by xxmoney15(m): 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Abeg make una no make GMB die. B4 him tym.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Temptee101(m): 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Just like i said yesterday; the tide has totally turned aganist GMB.
It's getting clearer to Nigerians that he aint the right man to move this country forward, that he is no option to GEJ. Even most of his fans have turned aganist him.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Trailblazer1(m): 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
How did we get into this mess?

How did we become so blinded?

Who has bewitched us as a Nation?

When did an angel of darkness become an angel of light?

How did buhari suddenly become an agent of change?

Who sold us this dummy?

When did a stone turn into a bread?

Oh God! Deliver my nation from this impending bondage and servitude.

51 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by spott(m): 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Sai Buhari

12 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by endymetrix(m): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
I'm still waiting for a head-line that will say something good about Buhari. Everything about him appears to be negative.

Has he finally provided his certificate . If NO, then do we need such leader who has 0 accountability . Let's tell ourselves the truth: Buhari is a wrong candidate for APC at the presidential level.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by upcrown2512(m): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
THOSE WHO MATTER DOES NOT MIND; AND THOSE WHO MIND DOES NOT MATTER.

Some people are soo bitter because of this GMB
Even if Cambridge issue another result. I believe they'll still be sad alongside with their devil advocates in ethnocentric and their religion bigotry.

Because you've failed in all this; you have failed in all ramifications.

He'll Islamize Nigeria
Is too old
He doesn't know his Gsm no
He'll make country ungovernable
He has Cancer
He dn't know his vice name
He will throw pple to jail
General without certificate
He didn't buy weapons.

We are still counting.
? ? ? ?

In all this : GMB continue to get stronger and more stronger.

Google it and see what it take to be a General.

PDP and those who want a statue quo of monumental embezzlement, Zero on Security,
And all the promise and failed of GEJ.
Will likewise experience in their life the way GEJ is ruling this country. Say AMEN.

NIGERIANS ! FEBUARI ! ! !

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by ozoigbondu: 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
OtunbaJega:
..Kerry visited Buhari naw...
These PDP guys dey mad

Is kerry d nigerians that will be bombarding him with questions of his dubouis past

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
How I wish a Kwankwaso was the flag bearer for Apc

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by onosprince(m): 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
buhari might loose again, though he is more popular dan d president, I still dont see him winning. Just saying

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip by obict: 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
Am not sure its because of any of d reasons the op gave.... Personally I think its because of some health issues... Let's help buhari by sending him 2 d hospital..... Click like if u love buhari

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth Hosts Obasanjo,Kofi Anan At Commonwealth Day Service 2016(pics / Nigerian Fighter Jets Bomb Bokoharam Terrorist Location In Sambissa / President Buhari Meets Ali Kwara, Commends His Security Expertise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.