Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman (59478 Views)

Uti Nwachukwu Defends Tboss Over Her Statement / Man Checking Out Uti Nwachukwu From The Back / Uti Nwachukwu SLAMS Greedy Instagram Beggar Who Rejected N20,000 He Dashed Him! (2) (3) (4)

KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
“Killi-We” Nwachukwu (1932-?) was for more than two decades celebrated as a homegrown Nigerian “superman.” Some of his legendary feats of strength included lifting buses, having cement blocks crushed on his head, and allowing cars to drive over his body.

Superman Killi-Wee Nwachukwu was the strongest man in Nigeria–Philip Emeagwali

Killiwe in action
He was a superman who was going from place to place to perform. People paid to watch him. I saw him perform at our primary school in those days. I think his real name was Nwozuzu Nwachukwu (or something like that). I heard that “Killi We” was a nickname he got after a fight with a certain man, one commentator said.

A great natural Superman! Nwozuzu Nwachukwu (Son of God). “Killi We” was a nickname he got after a fight with a stubborn man “Tick man” who refused to pay him his money for a truck load of goods he conveyed from the market to the man’s home. He used to push a wooden two wheel truck with which he carried goods for people. Then, Truck vehicles were not around, or were not affordable. So, after dropping off the goods, the man would not pay what Nwachukwu charged claiming it was too high. He tried to walk away and Nwachukwu grabbed him by the hand insisting he must pay. A fight ensued and he pinned the man to the ground. The man’s wife ran in and came out with a wooden pestle to assist her husband. Nwachukwu snatched it from her, lifted the woman up and pinned her on top of her husband on the floor. Powerless, she started screaming, Killi We Nwachukwu, Killi we Nwanchukwu” meaning, Nwachukwu, kill us!
In the early 90’s, we were asked to pay some money so that he will come and display his power. We gladly paid the money. On the D day od his assuMed coming, we waited, we couldn’t see him, so, we left. The following day in school, some students that were patient enough narrated how he came, how he carried four students on each of his hand and some many power acrobat . Menn….. It was like a hell to me that I didn’t wait to see this man.
He is real. That was anothr commentator.

And yet another.
He existed. Back in eighties, he came to our school, we paid 50 Kobo to watch him. He carried 10 bags of cement on his stomach and toyed a 504 peugeot SR with a rope on his teeth. Story had it that when he died, his body was deposited in Aladinma mourtuary, he in the night, will carry don all other corpeses and strech himself on them. He continued this till he was rejected by the morgue. He was real.

I remember hearing stories about Giant Alakuku as a child. But I don’t recall ever seeing him.

I remember Killiwe. He was a fat dude and used to tour the country performing stunts like grabbing cars by the bumper and preventing it from moving as someone stepped on the pedal.

I also remember a Seven-Seven song about Killiwe:

“Killiwe Nwaozize Nwachukwu
Abeg make you help me carry my load”

Great Ibeabuchi alias Pistor Killer of Ngodo Isuochi the Lion of Africa who was a great Superman who contested and won the mighty Kill-We Nwachukwu in the sixties.

https://udumakalu./2014/12/17/superman-killi-we-nwachukwu-real-or-fake/

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by madgoat(m): 11:35pm On Feb 04, 2015

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lol. The man is the real 'super man' cheesy

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by ArchEnemy(m): 11:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
Na wa o
Was he a descendant of Samson? grin

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by donnaira(m): 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
this must be a mutant or something.
but is he Stronger than power mike

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
donnaira:
this must be a mutant or something.
but is he Stronger than power mike
Power Mike is another superman too. Great men who were famous for their superman shows.

Obinoscopy and lalasticlala,front page please!

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by philtrum(m): 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Samchelsea(m): 12:05am On Feb 05, 2015
What killed him cos strong men like him usually end up being killed by the thinnest of things

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by jara: 12:09am On Feb 05, 2015
Where did I hear the story that he died during the Biafra war while challenging a machine gun?
It is very refreshing to know that he live until the 90s. A very wonderful man indeed.
Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by kestolove95(m): 12:09am On Feb 05, 2015
if I blow am..him go knnw sae I strong pass am

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:28am On Feb 05, 2015
jara:
Where did I hear the story that he died during the Biafra war while challenging a machine gun?
It is very refreshing to know that he live until the 90s. A very wonderful man indeed.

He came to my school (primary) in early 90s! We paid 50k each to watch him perform live! Though he was already tiring and aging, as he was only able to carry 10 blocks as against 50 they told us! We were all hailing him, Killi Wee! Killli Weee!!!

20 Likes

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by cococandy(f): 3:07am On Feb 05, 2015
I heard about him.
I'm sure he existed with his might and all

Although I believe some of the stories were exaggerated.

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Day169: 4:19am On Feb 05, 2015
Yeah "KilliWe"! I remember readn about him in MEE's "Quality" magazine, back in the day.
Thanks Berem!

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by jamace(m): 6:30am On Feb 05, 2015
The man is very strong. I remember watching him perform those days. Wow, the man na mighty man o. You wan try am? grin

I also remember another strong man "SUPER KANGAROO". This man produced garri with sand after some incantations. I remember tasting the sand-garri out of curiosity. grin grin
Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

He came to my school (primary) in early 90s! We paid 50k each to watch him perform live! Though he was already tiring and aging, as he was only able to carry 10 blocks as against 50 they told us! We were all hailing him, Killi Wee! Killli Weee!!!
tongue tongue

Obinoscopy,Lalasticlala
Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:35am On Feb 05, 2015
Samchelsea:
What killed him cos strong men like him usually end being killed by the thinnest of things

I learned it was a woman tongue

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 05, 2015
Abeg Mk him go join d fight against boko haram

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by SHOPPERS(m): 7:39am On Feb 05, 2015
Good. Op, pls are you hoping to follow his footsteps, cos we need more people like him in Nigeria
Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Alphaoscar: 7:40am On Feb 05, 2015
Super werrin?
Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Alphaoscar: 7:40am On Feb 05, 2015
SHOPPERS:
Good. Op, pls are you hoping to follow his footsteps, cos we need more people like him in Nigeria

You no like sis berem at all.

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Samchelsea(m): 7:45am On Feb 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

I learned it was a woman tongue
women are very dangerous indeed, even Abacha can attest to that wherever he is now

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Alphaoscar: 7:48am On Feb 05, 2015
stebell:
Seems yu roaches don't hav anything on the man Buhari again. Nothing to write about, nothing to defend. I understand yu rodents.

Ngwakwe, Afam4eva, this is not front page worthy. Btw, it shud go to entertainment/celebrity section where it belongs.

Season 4 of the crying General coming very soon

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Vicotex(m): 7:49am On Feb 05, 2015
this one no concern me. GEJ till 2019

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by youngeagle(m): 7:57am On Feb 05, 2015
So this berem is from Mbaise?
,heard all these stories but never witnessed it

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by cyberdurable(m): 8:39am On Feb 05, 2015
he is really a Legend, He is now used in describing a strong Man, Igbo have always been producing Men since 18 AD

Frontage Something

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Prinxx(m): 8:53am On Feb 05, 2015
Killi we.... Legend of igbo land

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2015
This doesn't happen in our generation. All we get to see is Amber Rose' testing, Kim' butt and news from yeye bloggers telling us Tonto Dikeh just ate breakfast. Why? Why? Why?

25 Likes

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by Trailblazer1(m): 9:09am On Feb 05, 2015
I also heard about him.

He was one of those rare talents blessed with great potentials that never came to limelight and eventually died in obscurity.
The world never knew him, he was never celebrated.

My case shall be different.

Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by shaboti: 9:40am On Feb 05, 2015
Lol. Nice
Re: KilliWe Nwachukwu Nigeria's Greatest Superman by internolar: 9:40am On Feb 05, 2015
cjcj

'love Is A Scam' - Kizz Daniel, Davido's Reacts / Davido Says "Igbos Are Winning" - Man Tells Him "My In-Law Say It Again" (Video) / Yemi Osinbajo Seen Playing Squash To Get Fit. PHOTOS