Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! (36269 Views)

Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? / Please Avoid Winners Chapel And Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:
Still looking for my Johnny.
can I be your johnny?
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Mollydee88: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2015
@Op, God bless you richly.. You nailed the points clearly with sparing it's supposed content message. I hope you ladies out there can take a huge clue and amend your ways.. I wish my loved ones in this category can read this..
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by freecocoa(f): 9:02am On Feb 05, 2015
Good points.
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by excellentmomma(f): 9:02am On Feb 05, 2015
You nailed it girl.
Addition: Stop the glue to your brothers and find your square root. A romance with your brother or father will affect your own relationship and keep you glued to ur papa's house much longer. The more you keep finding fault in your brothers' wives and nose around into your brothers' relationships, the more you leave your own life unattended, and by extension your relationships might go south all the time and you are back to square one. Be wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by jamillion: 9:02am On Feb 05, 2015
Op u jst won my heart..........wld u be my Val cool
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
can I be your johnny?
Question grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by antifailure(m): 9:03am On Feb 05, 2015
op, you did not mention home problem, some 30+ ladies can still work away from a responsible single man without any genuine reasons, what can you call that?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by pwerrymansion(f): 9:03am On Feb 05, 2015
embarassedYou write like being 30+ and unmarried means the world has come to an apocalypse. I also think that at that age,women have a well defined goal and know exactly what they want. cry

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 05, 2015
PerfumeRepublik:

You'll find him soon
You don see your Caro?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by bayulll01(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:
am here for u
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by bayulll01(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2015
folabayo1:
Maybe u r ryt. But it is still not adviceable for ladies above 30 to be too desperate and too loose cos some of dis points u list here will simply makes some ladies cheap and desperate
are u above 30

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by richyrichlady(f): 9:06am On Feb 05, 2015
hmmn,most of these are true sha
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:

Question grin
ayakata (answer)
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by yinkeys(m): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:
6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30yrs From Marrying. Please Avoid Them!

This is a Sista -to-Sista Talk. If you like take the advice or leave it, it won't change a thing. I listened, I found wink

1. Acting Immaturely: When you are above 30, you are not in the the same category with ladies below 27 anymore. Except you have things to show for your age such as solid career, fat bank account, strong investments, impressive academic accomplishment, etc the odds are stacked against you in competing with a younger lady. Men who will look for you are mostly men seeking for the above qualities and perhaps also some maturity. Therefore if you have none of the above and still behave like a teenager, you are going to stay in your papa's house for a longer time. Please be different and bring some maturity into your relationships to gain some advantage. Reduce your playing 'hard-to-get' games. If you see what you want, got for it, and nail it koi-koi! Shekina!

2. The Feminist Scare: African men are trying in their intellectual accomplishments, but honestly majority of them still don't accept feminism. At 30 +, a lady is most likely to have formed her core believes and ideologies. Unfortunately, most African men still can't draw any difference between an argumentative lady, a highly-opinionated lady and a feminist. They lump them all up together as feminists and hate them equally. Therefore, sista you will do yourself a favor to be less argumentative, be flexible in your opinions and reduce unnecessary negative energy that scare men away. African men are still scared of feminists. One day they will get there, but for now sheath your sword!

3. Talking About Your Ex: Everyone knows that at 30+ plus you probably have had a couple of failed relationships. Please can you stop bringing them up in your current relationships? Stop talking about how one Ex loved you, cherished you, spoiled you with gifts, how the relationship was a bliss, etc. The bottom line is the Ex didn't marry you; he didn't find you good enough. He left you and married another lady. So stop praising him. It's foolish to hear some ladies say "he tells me he regretted not marrying me; wishes he can get a 2nd chance" .. undecided. Pleeaaasssee! that's an old trick for men who dumped you to get into your pants again as a side chick. Get real! he's someone's husband now.

4. Unnecessary Shakara: This one is a relationship blunder No.1 for ladies above 30. DON'T give a man any reason to believe he's only one of your options. What are you thinking? embarassed, What's the shakara for? You want to be married and you met a matured man who wants to marry without delay.You have tested him and he is good to go, then you begin shakara, like there's a long queue out there for you? Once you do that, then you give him reasons to check out other girls too. Relationships go south from there. Abeg, once he is inside your territory, lock the exit pam! grin.

5. "My Pastor Said..": Please leave your pastors and spiritual advisers out of your relationship. Pray to God for guidance. Nothing is as annoying as seeing a matured grown 30-something year old 'mama' going to ask her pastor to see if a man is her God-approved husband. Is your pastor God? How will he know? Pastors can counsel you and put you through marriages courses, educate you on how to be a better christian wife but not to choose a husband for you. Abeg! wise up.

6. Pay For Your Own Stuff And Be Content : At 30+ you should have your own things. Stop begging for money and gifts like you are still in school. That's for students. Stop fantasizing about celebrity cars, dresses, shoes, jewelries, houses, bling-bling like you are a teenager. It makes you look either too childish or like a cheap materialist. Serious men pay attention to all those clues. At 30+ you should have saved some money to buy things you want for yourself. But if for some reason you haven't, be modest and feel content with what you have.

I Pray May This Year Be Your Breakthrough Year On Marriage!
Wow, so you know soo well about men. Well said
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by iswallker(m): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
I mean the above 30

the girl just said she found her own husband. cant you read? go to school dude and get a life... undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 05, 2015
iswallker:

the girl just said she found her own husband. cant you read? go to school dude and get a life... undecided
and u seem not to get the question, I meant if she was there

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by folabayo1(f): 9:13am On Feb 05, 2015
bayulll01:
are u above 30
no am just 25
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2015
elantraceey:
7: I'm not your mate attitude.
Na that one vex me pass.
They ll tell u they are not ur mate,but they do silly things that even u cannot try!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by nigerianpride: 9:18am On Feb 05, 2015
No 2 right there !!
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Tobilastik(m): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2015
kennygee:
This is a Big fat lie o.

A Nigerian Woman above 30 is real and already knows what she wants, she no dey for eenie meenie mainie mo.

meaning

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by elantraceey(f): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2015
miztola:

Na that one vex me pass.
They ll tell u they are not ur mate,but they do silly things that even u cannot try!

As in ehn and some of them demand respect so much undecided
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by nanizle(m): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2015
folabayo1:
no am just 25

Peeks at dp.

Coughs.
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by AnusOdourInhaler: 9:22am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:
6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30yrs From Marrying. Please Avoid Them!

This is a Sista -to-Sista Talk. If you like take the advice or leave it, it won't change a thing. I listened, I found wink

1. Acting Immaturely: When you are above 30, you are not in the the same category with ladies below 27 anymore. Except you have things to show for your age such as solid career, fat bank account, strong investments, impressive academic accomplishment, etc the odds are stacked against you in competing with a younger lady. Men who will look for you are mostly men seeking for the above qualities and perhaps also some maturity. Therefore if you have none of the above and still behave like a teenager, you are going to stay in your papa's house for a longer time. Please be different and bring some maturity into your relationships to gain some advantage. Reduce your playing 'hard-to-get' games. If you see what you want, got for it, and nail it koi-koi! Shekina!

2. The Feminist Scare: African men are trying in their intellectual accomplishments, but honestly majority of them still don't accept feminism. At 30 +, a lady is most likely to have formed her core believes and ideologies. Unfortunately, most African men still can't draw any difference between an argumentative lady, a highly-opinionated lady and a feminist. They lump them all up together as feminists and hate them equally. Therefore, sista you will do yourself a favor to be less argumentative, be flexible in your opinions and reduce unnecessary negative energy that scare men away. African men are still scared of feminists. One day they will get there, but for now sheath your sword!

3. Talking About Your Ex: Everyone knows that at 30+ plus you probably have had a couple of failed relationships. Please can you stop bringing them up in your current relationships? Stop talking about how one Ex loved you, cherished you, spoiled you with gifts, how the relationship was a bliss, etc. The bottom line is the Ex didn't marry you; he didn't find you good enough. He left you and married another lady. So stop praising him. It's foolish to hear some ladies say "he tells me he regretted not marrying me; wishes he can get a 2nd chance" .. undecided. Pleeaaasssee! that's an old trick for men who dumped you to get into your pants again as a side chick. Get real! he's someone's husband now.

4. Unnecessary Shakara: This one is a relationship blunder No.1 for ladies above 30. DON'T give a man any reason to believe he's only one of your options. What are you thinking? embarassed, What's the shakara for? You want to be married and you met a matured man who wants to marry without delay.You have tested him and he is good to go, then you begin shakara, like there's a long queue out there for you? Once you do that, then you give him reasons to check out other girls too. Relationships go south from there. Abeg, once he is inside your territory, lock the exit pam! grin.

5. "My Pastor Said..": Please leave your pastors and spiritual advisers out of your relationship. Pray to God for guidance. Nothing is as annoying as seeing a matured grown 30-something year old 'mama' going to ask her pastor to see if a man is her God-approved husband. Is your pastor God? How will he know? Pastors can counsel you and put you through marriages courses, educate you on how to be a better christian wife but not to choose a husband for you. Abeg! wise up.

6. Pay For Your Own Stuff And Be Content : At 30+ you should have your own things. Stop begging for money and gifts like you are still in school. That's for students. Stop fantasizing about celebrity cars, dresses, shoes, jewelries, houses, bling-bling like you are a teenager. It makes you look either too childish or like a cheap materialist. Serious men pay attention to all those clues. At 30+ you should have saved some money to buy things you want for yourself. But if for some reason you haven't, be modest and feel content with what you have.

I Pray May This Year Be Your Breakthrough Year On Marriage!

Absolute bullshit! Marriage is sexist, a real feminist should not get married in the first place.
African men are not going anywhere, we'll not tolerate bullshit. If any hoe feels she have arrived, then she should hold her shiit and let us be! We got millions of choice to chose from.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by passionate88: 9:23am On Feb 05, 2015
We are not scared of "African feminists" we just want them to also do what we did to get them.. Eg, pay groom price, etc

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by emmy02(m): 9:25am On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:

My Name is Emmanuel Johnny
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by bayulll01(m): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2015
folabayo1:
no am just 25
ok u still got good year ahead of u,but don't be deceived u are old nice pix

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Would You Do In This Situation? / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.