Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! (36265 Views)

Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? / Please Avoid Winners Chapel And Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by passionate88: 9:27am On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
op are you one of them?
She was, she did almost, if not all of the listed items above before she was schooled
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by iykedare(m): 9:31am On Feb 05, 2015
sophrocks,you hear?
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2015
folabayo1:
no am just 25
Sorry,checked ur dp,u look 35

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2015
passionate88:
She was, she did almost, if not all of the listed items above before she was schooled
ok
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by PerfumeRepublik: 9:32am On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:

You don see your Caro?

Nope....we still dey find am
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by folabayo1(f): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=Olanight post=30444148]
Sorry,checked ur dp,u look 35[/quote ur opinion
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by folabayo1(f): 9:34am On Feb 05, 2015
bayulll01:
ok u still got good year ahead of u,but don't be deceived u are old nice pix
thanks
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by tintingz(m): 9:35am On Feb 05, 2015
A man is ready to marry a woman who will submit to him. smiley tongue
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by rottenegg: 9:36am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:
6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30yrs From Marrying. Please Avoid Them!

This is a Sista -to-Sista Talk. If you like take the advice or leave it, it won't change a thing. I listened, I found wink

1. Acting Immaturely: When you are above 30, you are not in the the same category with ladies below 27 anymore. Except you have things to show for your age such as solid career, fat bank account, strong investments, impressive academic accomplishment, etc the odds are stacked against you in competing with a younger lady. Men who will look for you are mostly men seeking for the above qualities and perhaps also some maturity. Therefore if you have none of the above and still behave like a teenager, you are going to stay in your papa's house for a longer time. Please be different and bring some maturity into your relationships to gain some advantage. Reduce your playing 'hard-to-get' games. If you see what you want, got for it, and nail it koi-koi! Shekina!

2. The Feminist Scare: African men are trying in their intellectual accomplishments, but honestly majority of them still don't accept feminism. At 30 +, a lady is most likely to have formed her core believes and ideologies. Unfortunately, most African men still can't draw any difference between an argumentative lady, a highly-opinionated lady and a feminist. They lump them all up together as feminists and hate them equally. Therefore, sista you will do yourself a favor to be less argumentative, be flexible in your opinions and reduce unnecessary negative energy that scare men away. African men are still scared of feminists. One day they will get there, but for now sheath your sword!

3. Talking About Your Ex: Everyone knows that at 30+ plus you probably have had a couple of failed relationships. Please can you stop bringing them up in your current relationships? Stop talking about how one Ex loved you, cherished you, spoiled you with gifts, how the relationship was a bliss, etc. The bottom line is the Ex didn't marry you; he didn't find you good enough. He left you and married another lady. So stop praising him. It's foolish to hear some ladies say "he tells me he regretted not marrying me; wishes he can get a 2nd chance" .. undecided. Pleeaaasssee! that's an old trick for men who dumped you to get into your pants again as a side chick. Get real! he's someone's husband now.

4. Unnecessary Shakara: This one is a relationship blunder No.1 for ladies above 30. DON'T give a man any reason to believe he's only one of your options. What are you thinking? embarassed, What's the shakara for? You want to be married and you met a matured man who wants to marry without delay.You have tested him and he is good to go, then you begin shakara, like there's a long queue out there for you? Once you do that, then you give him reasons to check out other girls too. Relationships go south from there. Abeg, once he is inside your territory, lock the exit pam! grin.

5. "My Pastor Said..": Please leave your pastors and spiritual advisers out of your relationship. Pray to God for guidance. Nothing is as annoying as seeing a matured grown 30-something year old 'mama' going to ask her pastor to see if a man is her God-approved husband. Is your pastor God? How will he know? Pastors can counsel you and put you through marriages courses, educate you on how to be a better christian wife but not to choose a husband for you. Abeg! wise up.

6. Pay For Your Own Stuff And Be Content : At 30+ you should have your own things. Stop begging for money and gifts like you are still in school. That's for students. Stop fantasizing about celebrity cars, dresses, shoes, jewelries, houses, bling-bling like you are a teenager. It makes you look either too childish or like a cheap materialist. Serious men pay attention to all those clues. At 30+ you should have saved some money to buy things you want for yourself. But if for some reason you haven't, be modest and feel content with what you have.

I Pray May This Year Be Your Breakthrough Year On Marriage!

Very realistic writeup.....welldone.
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 05, 2015
kennygee:
This is a Big fat lie o.

A Nigerian Woman above 30 is real and already knows what she wants, she no dey for eenie meenie mainie mo.

Found at last .....been looking for you....
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by folabayo1(f): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2015
nanizle:

Peeks at dp.

Coughs.
pele o
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:
6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30yrs From Marrying. Please Avoid Them!

This is a Sista -to-Sista Talk. If you like take the advice or leave it, it won't change a thing. I listened, I found wink

1. Acting Immaturely: When you are above 30, you are not in the the same category with ladies below 27 anymore. Except you have things to show for your age such as solid career, fat bank account, strong investments, impressive academic accomplishment, etc the odds are stacked against you in competing with a younger lady. Men who will look for you are mostly men seeking for the above qualities and perhaps also some maturity. Therefore if you have none of the above and still behave like a teenager, you are going to stay in your papa's house for a longer time. Please be different and bring some maturity into your relationships to gain some advantage. Reduce your playing 'hard-to-get' games. If you see what you want, got for it, and nail it koi-koi! Shekina!

2. The Feminist Scare: African men are trying in their intellectual accomplishments, but honestly majority of them still don't accept feminism. At 30 +, a lady is most likely to have formed her core believes and ideologies. Unfortunately, most African men still can't draw any difference between an argumentative lady, a highly-opinionated lady and a feminist. They lump them all up together as feminists and hate them equally. Therefore, sista you will do yourself a favor to be less argumentative, be flexible in your opinions and reduce unnecessary negative energy that scare men away. African men are still scared of feminists. One day they will get there, but for now sheath your sword!

3. Talking About Your Ex: Everyone knows that at 30+ plus you probably have had a couple of failed relationships. Please can you stop bringing them up in your current relationships? Stop talking about how one Ex loved you, cherished you, spoiled you with gifts, how the relationship was a bliss, etc. The bottom line is the Ex didn't marry you; he didn't find you good enough. He left you and married another lady. So stop praising him. It's foolish to hear some ladies say "he tells me he regretted not marrying me; wishes he can get a 2nd chance" .. undecided. Pleeaaasssee! that's an old trick for men who dumped you to get into your pants again as a side chick. Get real! he's someone's husband now.

4. Unnecessary Shakara: This one is a relationship blunder No.1 for ladies above 30. DON'T give a man any reason to believe he's only one of your options. What are you thinking? embarassed, What's the shakara for? You want to be married and you met a matured man who wants to marry without delay.You have tested him and he is good to go, then you begin shakara, like there's a long queue out there for you? Once you do that, then you give him reasons to check out other girls too. Relationships go south from there. Abeg, once he is inside your territory, lock the exit pam! grin.

5. "My Pastor Said..": Please leave your pastors and spiritual advisers out of your relationship. Pray to God for guidance. Nothing is as annoying as seeing a matured grown 30-something year old 'mama' going to ask her pastor to see if a man is her God-approved husband. Is your pastor God? How will he know? Pastors can counsel you and put you through marriages courses, educate you on how to be a better christian wife but not to choose a husband for you. Abeg! wise up.

6. Pay For Your Own Stuff And Be Content : At 30+ you should have your own things. Stop begging for money and gifts like you are still in school. That's for students. Stop fantasizing about celebrity cars, dresses, shoes, jewelries, houses, bling-bling like you are a teenager. It makes you look either too childish or like a cheap materialist. Serious men pay attention to all those clues. At 30+ you should have saved some money to buy things you want for yourself. But if for some reason you haven't, be modest and feel content with what you have.

This write up is not from a child, this is from wealth of experience. Everything here is so on point, I remember my ex girl telling me she had consulted pastor Suleman for our marriage, I couldn't just believe it nd hence fourth I lost interest in the relationship totally.

Many thanks for advising our ladies.
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by deavicky(m): 9:38am On Feb 05, 2015
pwerrymansion:
embarassedYou write like being 30+ and unmarried means the world has come to an apocalypse. I also think that at that age,women have a well defined goal and know exactly what they want. cry
u also sound like the topic has something to do with u.
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Akanbiedu(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2015

As an African man, no matter how acceptable it becomes, I will never accept any form of feminism in marriage, be it argumentative, opinionated or whatever. Girlfriend, baby mama, concubine, mistress etc can be feminist no problem.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by cjplainstrip: 9:39am On Feb 05, 2015
Great post. Perhaps one of the best write ups I've had to comment on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 05, 2015
elantraceey:

As in ehn and some of them demand respect so much undecided
They forget that respect is reciprocal undecided
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Deepfreezer(m): 9:43am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:

My dear, I was there and thanks to God, got off it because I listened. There's nothing wrong in a lady being above 30 and still single if she has things to show for her age such as solid career, fat bank account, strong investments, impressive academic accomplishment, etc meaning she was working on other goals in her life, which delayed her goal of settling down. But now she wants to settle down, this post is for her. One should not fail in every front of one's life.
that's a matured woman speaking.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by ogawisdom(m): 9:57am On Feb 05, 2015
bayulll01:
are u above 30

Look at her pic n u may nt ask dt question cheesy
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by ogawisdom(m): 10:00am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:

Well tot out n balanced article. Any good lady dt is worth anything good is usually married b4 25yrs at worst 28yrs. Ladies above 30yrs r usually bad market in marriage with d exception of less than 5percent who r career minded professionals n u see success n oversized ego written all over them. This kinda of ladies r very promiscous n neva believe a man is good enuf for them n mostly end up as single parent bc they feel they dnt need a man to submit to

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by fejikudz(m): 10:01am On Feb 05, 2015
excellentmomma:
You nailed it girl.
Addition: Stop the glue to your brothers and find your square root. A romance with your brother or father will affect your own relationship and keep you glued to ur papa's house much longer. The more you keep finding fault in your brothers' wives and nose around into your brothers' relationships, the more you leave your own life unattended, and by extension your relationships might go south all the time and you are back to square one. Be wise.
Great post, thumbs up for u and the op

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by free2ryhme: 10:02am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005:

una don hear grin grin
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 05, 2015
Olanight:

Sorry,checked ur dp,u look 35

wicked
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by tpwealth(m): 10:13am On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
op are you one of them?
Gbam!!!
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Chikere2: 10:16am On Feb 05, 2015
Op God bless u, U said it all
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by johnjon: 10:17am On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:
Still looking for my Johnny.

Are you above 30?
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2015
johnjon:

Are you above 30?
See johnny oooooooo

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by ehis05(m): 10:28am On Feb 05, 2015
The main reason b say dem neva see beta man or any man at all wey ready marry dem....so blame it on d men wey wan make a million dollar b4 settling down...wch is nt a bad idea

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by johnjon: 10:33am On Feb 05, 2015
softysparky:

See johnny oooooooo

See sweet gal ooo smiley
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by akpanbaba: 10:39am On Feb 05, 2015
One major reason is that the market is saturated with beautiful under-20s and this forces the demand for ladies over 30 downward.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by harrysterol(m): 10:48am On Feb 05, 2015
Good work op
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by RuuDie(m): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2015
Woged2005

Very nice and well-thought write-up. Makes sense... too much sense sef. Thumbs up!
Re: 6 Reasons That Keep Nigerian Ladies Above 30 From Marrying. Please Avoid Them! by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 05, 2015
Another reason is that they keep flaunting their unserious relationships to potential serious suitors, hence scaring them away.

Again, so much concern about physical looks. You see one fugly lady in her 30 still fantasizing about marrying the most handsome celeb in town.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dad Weeps As His Son Gifts Him A Car (Photo, Video) / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Married But Feels Single.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.