Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:40 PM

Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) (18045 Views)

What Are Some Of The Biggest Red Flags In An Interviewee? / First Gate Overseas Internship Program / Pdp-sponsored Overseas Internship Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by Yizzurr(m): 7:13am On Feb 05, 2015
Just Yesterday I got a text inviting me to apply for a program with N3,500 on a website www.overseasinternship.com .

Based on their website it is a local content development initiative spearheaded by a consulting firm First Business Intermediaries in conjunction with the Ministry of Youth and development , Ministry of Power.
The aim is to open foreign internship opportunities to 72,000 Nigerians btw the ages of 18 to 40yrs old so as to bridge the skills gap.

While I have done a bit of due diligence by visiting both the firm's website and those two aforementioned ministries
I find it important to flag some important red flags

1) I have not located any mention of the program on the firm's site, the collaborating ministries site or any third party news source.

2. The timing of the kick off the initiative Yesterday. And interviews starting off Feb 11th calls for concerns about sustainability. Why prior to the general elections when it is not certain whether there will be a change in government.

We are all aware of the challenges of programme continuity in Nigeria especially when it public sector tied.

The reason I have written is to safeguard citizens from any potential loss of money and unpleasant experiences.
N3,500 might not seem a lot to loose. But when one imagines the scores of applicants they would get. One begins to understand the scale if it turns out to be illegitimate

It's my opinion that the stakeholders must re assure the public of the credibility and sustainability of the project by the right level of Awareness and addressing the identified concerns about feasibility of the project.

Please further investigations and contributions are welcome .

Look before you Leap

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by chadbaby: 9:30am On Feb 05, 2015
Yizzurr:
Just Yesterday I got a text inviting me to apply for a program with N3,500 on a website www.overseasinternship.com .

Based on their website it is a local content development initiative spearheaded by a consulting firm First Business Intermediaries in conjunction with the Ministry of Youth and development , Ministry of Power.
The aim is to open foreign internship opportunities to 72,000 Nigerians btw the ages of 18 to 40yrs old so as to bridge the skills gap.

While I have done a bit of due diligence by visiting both the firm's website and those two aforementioned ministries
I find it important to flag some important red flags

1) I have not located any mention of the program on the firm's site, the collaborating ministries site or any third party news source.

2. The timing of the kick off the initiative Yesterday. And interviews starting off Feb 11th calls for concerns about sustainability. Why prior to the general elections when it is not certain whether there will be a change in government.

We are all aware of the challenges of programme continuity in Nigeria especially when it public sector tied.

The reason I have written is to safeguard citizens from any potential loss of money and unpleasant experiences.
N3,500 might not seem a lot to loose. But when one imagines the scores of applicants they would get. One begins to understand the scale if it turns out to be illegitimate

It's my opinion that the stakeholders must re assure the public of the credibility and sustainability of the project by the right level of Awareness and addressing the identified concerns about feasibility of the project.

Please further investigations and contributions are welcome .

Look before you Leap

Thanks for taking out tym to investigate on this. I also got d link to apply . but, wasn't sure of aw viable d project was. and d issue of paying in #3,500 and d timig for interview further made me suspect something fishing

1 Like

Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 05, 2015
Lol. FG don start another Immigration scam, grin grin grin. Chai, how can you tell me you want to give me internship abroad when you can't even guarantee simple SURE-P placement for me without hassles? I wish those applying "Jonathan".

JUMP AM PASS. grin cheesy

#Change is here, Vote wisely.

14 Likes

Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by Sierraloaded: 9:55am On Feb 05, 2015
AHa
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by dhamstar(m): 9:55am On Feb 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by Maczeelly(m): 9:56am On Feb 05, 2015
Beware!!!!!!
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by MissyDivah(f): 9:57am On Feb 05, 2015
Don't dull grin
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by yash33: 9:58am On Feb 05, 2015
eh !!!!!!!!!1
N3,500 TIMES 100,000 mugus equals N 350,000,000.

CAVEAT EMPTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by jbaby265(f): 10:01am On Feb 05, 2015
scam
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by AltarBoy1: 10:01am On Feb 05, 2015
Dem never ground beans, moi-moi don dey smell.
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by plumule(m): 10:03am On Feb 05, 2015
Oh is dat so i can see
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by dulaman: 10:04am On Feb 05, 2015
hia
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by iykofias(m): 10:06am On Feb 05, 2015
Part of austerity measures
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by free2ryhme: 10:06am On Feb 05, 2015
??

this is the more reason we have to vote out jonathan he is plain clueless

1 Like

Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by 9jatatafo(m): 10:09am On Feb 05, 2015
It smells scam, fraud, con and 419. Beware!!!!!!
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by ifyalways(f): 10:21am On Feb 05, 2015
looks like scam
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by LastProphet: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2015
Pure scam, its a PDP-sponsored advert, they collect your money before the election, get you to vote for them since u will need continuity in order to realize your dream, then dump you right after the election in their characteristic style. If the federal ministry has money to send 72000 nigerians abroad for a minimum of 1 yr, then what are they doing with your N3,500? And in order to capture a wide audience, almost all the certificate levels are there. pure hubris
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by jammyunn(m): 10:24am On Feb 05, 2015
It looks like scam to me. Most times when you're asked to pay for a "free" thing, it's always fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by LastProphet: 10:27am On Feb 05, 2015
And lastly Nigeria govt does not have money to even send 1000 people abroad anymore, quote me
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by Navyguy(m): 10:40am On Feb 05, 2015
Dose it mean that there is no Nigeran parastatal or agencies that is responsible for the checking of fraudulent act? Especially Internet scam?
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by dmjinc(m): 10:44am On Feb 05, 2015
running for my life grin grin
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by ObiOkpor(m): 10:59am On Feb 05, 2015
Its real people.

1 Like

Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by Hydy(m): 11:07am On Feb 05, 2015
ObiOkpor:
Its real people.
Have you applied for it? Did you pay at the bank and obtain a pin as stated on the website?
Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by tolularson(f): 11:24am On Feb 05, 2015
My problem with the program isn't even the money,i checked the website and there was absolutely no mention of which countries or which firms abroad that would take the interns.
And just like someone mentioned, we are close to election, if this is truly a government project, dem for don load am well well ontop NTA and AIT just like YOUWIN and the rest.
I think its scam, but not government scam but a private coy scam.

3 Likes

Re: Alert! Overseas Internship Program (red Flags ) by eninaija(f): 11:24am On Feb 05, 2015
I am glad this is on NAIRALAND
well done OP, I saw the advert and felt it could be fraud. It looked desperate cheesy .

I saw d same advert months ago; if we have successful candidates, they should come n share their success story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNDP Graduate Placement For 20,000 Nigerian Youths Countrywide / Apply For INEC Ad-hoc Staff For Osun Election / Apply For Recruitment At Sabmiller Beverage Company (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.