Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others (16028 Views)

Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip / Abba Kyari, Aisha Buhari, Others Bleed Nigeria High Commission In London - SR / CSOs, NGOs And Media Visit EFCC’s Detention Facilities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by ShowYourCertificate: 7:38am On Feb 05, 2015
The Nigeria Labour Cogress (NLC) and its civil society allies will organise a political debate for President Goodluck Jonathan, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari and some other candidates on the forthcoming general election.

The debate, which comes up tomorrow, at the Musa Yar’Adua Conference Centre, Abuja, will feature the presidential candidates of all the political parties.

According to a statement signed by the General Secretary of the congress, Peter Ozo-Eson, the debate would focus on public administration in Nigeria.

The civil society organisations include African Centre for Leadership, Strategy and Development(CLDS), ActionAid, Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC), among others.

The statement said: “The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), in collaboration with some civil society organisations, will be organising a political debate to engage candidates and their political parties on public administration in Nigeria.

“As we look to the 2015 general election, it is necessary for political parties and candidates to tell the working people, voters and citizens in Nigeria how they will address the challenges of public administration in Nigeria.

“They need to show concrete strategies and plans for improved policy and planning co-ordination, improved human resource management structures, systems and skills and improved budget transparency, consultation, oversight and credibility.

“In Nigeria, there are huge challenges with public administration. The cost of governance is very high. There are huge challenges of policy planning and co-ordination.”
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/28514-nlc-csos-organise-debate-for-jonathan-buhari-others

9 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by ShowYourCertificate: 7:39am On Feb 05, 2015
Let's see if our semi-illiterate general without a certificate will participate in this debate. I pray he chickens out in this one too. I'm sure Barcanista will hope otherwise grin.

Nigerians deserve better. Buhari is not fit to be our president. If not for bullet, Buhari would never have been the president of this great country. We're no longer in the era of bullets. We're in the era of brains.

We need positive change not a retrogressive change.

Meanwhile, I'm hereby calling on Buhari to get his certificate ready as it will be requested for by the Courts. He should also get ready to be convicted for Perjury.

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by SeverusSnape(m): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2015
I love this!...
Let's see If Buhari will boycott this one, Though it's like he will.
What does an illiterate cow rearer have to tell us?
That was how they were shouting "channels, channels"...If you like shout "Aljazeera".
Say no to townhall meeting
Buhari must debate.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by PassingShot(m): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2015
Have they confirmed with APC before announcing this one?

Though I don't mind seeing GEJ and GMB go head to head but APC have clearly said Buhari is not participating in any debate. We don't really need to accord PDP/GEJ any dignity since they lack it themselves.

8 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2015
Our main is already busy engaging the electorates to have time for a charade. Look below for what happened in 2011 Waiting for Jonathan the Run away Debater.

He ran away from presidential debate for not getting EXPO (the questions before the Debate)

He had a shameless counter debate with dbanj (who was not contesting the 2011 election)

What he did with Dbanj was a big disgrace, so he went ahead debating himself alone on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2096871_gejcourtingigbosforvotes_jpeg_jpeg246948596e23c558b9357d00ec3a9534

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by englishmart(m): 7:42am On Feb 05, 2015
Buhari will claim he's travelling to Mecca. And won't have chance for the debate

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 05, 2015
Why does humanity place much stock on ultimately inconsequential ideals?
Let's forget about this debate!!.

Why do you want the general to speak for hours when you can't understand 80percent of whatever he says..??

Let's focus on some other important issues like forgery and perjury.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by iceberylin(m): 7:59am On Feb 05, 2015
grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by searay(m): 7:59am On Feb 05, 2015
Buhari will not debate.
All I know is:

[size=50pt]GEJ till 2019 and beyond[/size]

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by igbsam(m): 7:59am On Feb 05, 2015
What is it with all this debates here and there.

All the debates you guys have been organising over the years, what good has it done for the masses. Is Nigeria now a Primary/Secondary school now ?

We don't need all this useless debates, we want action. We need a leader, someone who would speak less and do more. There's a saying that, if you talk too much, you won't know when you'll start telling lies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Oildichotomy(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
He will still run from it, what is the point?

GEJ till Buhari debate and tell us what he intends doing differently about kwofution

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by holatin(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
just here to read comment of a post by the most paid PDP mouthpiece on Nairaland.
don't quote me cus I wount answer you.

#Tired

2 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Maczeelly(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
Hmmmm

Ok ooooo
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by olusolaj(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
Another High blood pressure for buhari

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by adioolayi(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
Let's go there
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by iiichidodo: 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
Come down from your high horse and tell Nigerians what you have in store for them...eehn?..Are we fighting?.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Trending(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
good

1 Like

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by datbay(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
We are waiting,..........GMB shd show up ooo...people like us are tired of this clueless government.... at times the utterances of GEJ makes me doubt if he ever graduated let alone a being a PHD holder.
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by msmon(m): 8:01am On Feb 05, 2015
Again? Hopefully, APC and Buhari will take up this chance. I really want the debate.

Click 'Share' if you want the debate and 'Like' otherwise

Two Brothers & Three Others Shot Dead Over Politicians' Gifts In Lagos
www.nairaland.com/2130936/two-brothers-three-others-shot#2130936.6

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by elantraceey(f): 8:01am On Feb 05, 2015
Stop wasting your time organizing debates that won't be attended.

3 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by tbaby534(f): 8:01am On Feb 05, 2015
God, I can't wait for this election period to end, so I can see fresh topics.

6 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by sophtaf(f): 8:02am On Feb 05, 2015
D debate no dey finish?

2 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 05, 2015
I can't really understand why people keep emphasising on a debate as if it's the best way of knowing a good candidate.

In case you can no longer find your
History
books, Obafemi Awolowo, the Great Zik,
Aminu
Kano et al boycotted the 1979
presidential
debate, and we all know that they are certainly among the best politician of their time.

Jonathan refused to attend presidential debate organised in 2011 and yet he was voted in as our president because nobody make a big deal out of it. It's now funny and irritating seeing the way people are condemning Buhari for turning down a mere debate when our incumbent president also did the same.

Yar adua and Obasanjo never attended any debate during their campaign, with the later found to be absent in debating hall on two occasions and still never loosed the elections.

Before you will start throwing punch at men, you will have to understand the fact that I'm not a political party fanatic I'm just a mere citizen that belive in giving another party a chance before we can know a failure.

It will be harsh on PDP if we call them a failure when we are yet to give another party a run.

You can't call someone a winner or looser when there's no competing with the person.

I'm your one and only Ambassador Of Change.

9 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Zellie: 8:02am On Feb 05, 2015
I hope Buhari shows up. I really want to know how he intends to stabilize world oil price grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Naijabams(m): 8:04am On Feb 05, 2015
Whether they like it or not GMb is our choice for now #ride on to faibuhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by Mostwanted7: 8:04am On Feb 05, 2015
Let there be a change!!!.....what has the incumbent President done to warrant a stay.... vote irrespective of your religion... tribe.... if Jona education is what you want to vote for then YOU ARE A FOOL!!!

1 Like

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by jorlons(m): 8:06am On Feb 05, 2015
gr8
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by clubone0502: 8:06am On Feb 05, 2015
Too many holes in GEJ "achievements"...just ask him where our girls are and the 1000 from NIS...and the debate is over..

too many.... grin....

anyways keep your orders coming in....affordable

2 Likes

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by frinx: 8:06am On Feb 05, 2015
Watching...
Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by fkaz(m): 8:07am On Feb 05, 2015
Buhari disappointing PDP, let D'banj host goodluck on the debate, because Buhari has move ahead with town hall meeting already

- 1993 MKO Abiola(SDP) vs Tofa(NRC) both of them showed-up for debate, Abiola win the election but IBB annulled the election.

- 1999 Obasanjo(PDP) VS Olu falaye(AD) Olufalaye showed-up for debate but Obasanjo was missing, Obasanjo win the election @ the end.

-2003 Obasanjo(PDP) vs Buhari(APP) Buhari showed-up for debate but Obasanjo was missing, Obasanjo win the election @ the end.

-2007 Urmar yaradua(PDP) vs Buhari(ANPP) Buhari showed-up for debate but yaradua was missing, yaradua win the election @ the end.

-2011 Goodluck(PDP) vs Ribadu(CAN) Shekarau(ANPP) Buhari(CPC). Buhari, Ribadu and shekarau showed-up but Good luck ebele jonathan was missing goodluck jonathan win the election @ the end.
-2015 let history repeat it self Buhari will not attend any debate with jonathan.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others by eaccyboy(m): 8:08am On Feb 05, 2015
PDP is no more interested...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami / 30,000 Policemen, Two Helicopters, 4 Acps, Others For Ekiti Polls / Babachir Lawal: Tinubu Will Win APC Primaries Even With 1 Million Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.