Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

I'm Not Sorry - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I'm Not Sorry (789 Views)

The Powers Of Saying "I Am Sorry" / The Sorry Letter Story By Dindy / Reason Why I'm Not #Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Sorry by dghostwriter: 10:03am On Feb 05, 2015
THE UNAPOLOGETIC 2015
I read a post earlier this year stating reasons I shouldn't be sorry, I guess I am not the only one who is vexed by the incessant apologies we have made all life long, believe me when I say I'm tired of being sorry.
For the past few years of my life I have been sorry about basically everything; 'oh my God, I'm sorry my smile is offensive'
'Sorry I'm late even though I left the house an hour early and the traffic was bad'
'Sorry I'm smart' sorry, sorry, sorry. This one time I was even sorry I was born! For some reason unknown to me but sternly knitted in my spirit, I always believed it was my fault, I mean whose fault could it possibly be if not mine? So the world devised a means to degrade me to an apologetic fool who was always sorry, for her wrongs, her rights, and even the wrongs and rights of others...so long as it provoked someone I had to be sorry.
But this is me starting a new movement in my life 'I'M NOT SORRY' daily I will list a couple of things past and present that I'm not sorry for and the world can finally suck it up.
So here it goes;
•To the world I'm not sorry that I was born, even though the majority of you can't stand me I suggest you suck it up and move on!
•To my course mates, I'm not sorry that I'm not a very social person, truth is I'm not one for small talks, so you can go on and call me a snub all year long it just won't matter anymore.
•To my boss I'm not sorry that I'm not an ass kisser, see the world already has too much of that going on and sincerely I don't want to taste another man's shit.
•To the people who think I'm no good, I'm not sorry you couldn't let your conceited mind see the greater picture but guess what? I'm better without you.
•I'm not sorry I feel pretty
•I'm not sorry about my weight
•I'm not sorry I ate too much last night, though I was full.
•I'm not sorry I didn't respond to your message the way you expected me too.
•I'm not sorry I don't wanna be friends.
•I'm not sorry for BEING ME
•SORRY, I'M NOT SORRY
#imnotsorry
http://uncircumcisedwriter..com/2015/02/im-not-sorry.html?m=1

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Thing In Your Pocket / 7 Fundamental Challenges An Upcoming Nigerian Writer Faces—by Abiodun Adebayo / Fight To Finish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.