Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls (1630 Views)

UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / Massive Bank Job Loss Imminent In 2016 / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by silvoice(m): 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hi, for 4 yrs, i've tried to secure a job to no avail. So i decided to join a business that gives me atleast 3000 daily and average of N90.000 monthly or more. Now this bank wants to take me as a teller officer for N80 000 monthly. I really want to know if there are other ways of making money while workin in d bank as d salary is far below my current income. Cos i really want to improve my income, not jus to answer a banker and live in penury.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by liliangmail(f): 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
no other means ! giv me d banking job

1 Like

Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by Bisjosh(f): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
silvoice:
Hi, for 4 yrs, i've tried to secure a job to no avail. So i decided to join a business that gives me atleast 3000 daily and average of N90.000 monthly or more. Now this bank wants to take me as a teller officer for N80 000 monthly. I really want to know if there are other ways of making money while workin in d bank as d salary is far below my current income. Cos i really want to improve my income, not jus to answer a banker and live in penury.

Its better you stick with your business.

Try to invest and expand.

Its not a must you be an employee or have white collar job. Be an employer also.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by silvoice(m): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
Bisjosh:

Its better you stick with your business.

Try to invest and expand.

Its not a must you be an employee or have white collar job. Be an employer also.
that's exactly d angle am reasonin. Cos am thinkin of growin my business, including freedom to go anywhere witout anybody's permission as a family man. Though, i still want to get a feel of d formal sector. That's my dilemma. minus transpt 2 d bank, I don't think d salary can take care of my family expenses til such a time my salary wil increase.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by Bisjosh(f): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
silvoice:
that's exactly d angle am reasonin. Cos am thinkin of growin my business, including freedom to go anywhere witout anybody's permission as a family man. Though, i still want to get a feel of d formal sector. That's my dilemma. minus transpt 2 d bank, I don't think d salary can take care of my family expenses til such a time my salary wil increase.

Well, I understand the feel of a formal sector but my dear there's no biggie in it.

I am even looking for a business I can venture into cos this formal sector ting can be frustrating too
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by loistee: 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
pls what of business is that am interested

1 Like

Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by silvoice(m): 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
loistee:
pls what of business is that am interested

don't do a business cos sombody is makin moni frm it, do a business u kno very wel. My advice.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by silvoice(m): 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
Bisjosh:

Well, I understand the feel of a formal sector but my dear there's no biggie in it.

I am even looking for a business I can venture into cos this formal sector ting can be frustrating too
thanks, til next week shaa. am still consulting b4 i take final decision
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by loistee: 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
silvoice:
don't do a business cos sombody is makin moni frm it, do a business u kno very wel. My advice.

Am just interested in knowing am tired of the corporate sector I need a personal business to venture in and I need ideas that why am asking. No harm in sharing.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by Damolux01(m): 8:52am On Feb 06, 2015
Why not do both? Employ someone for your business, while you go for the Banking job. Rem you still av Weekends to manage ur biz.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by Doveheart: 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
silvoice:

Contract job right? i have tried it before. For your info, it is only your salary, no promotion, no extra allowance and increament of salary is not gaunranteed. As a matter of fact, you will be enslaved meaning that no time to creat another stream of income becos u will be tied down from morning till night in the cubicle. However, it is still advisable for you to take it if you are still single.

1 Like

Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by silvoice(m): 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
Doveheart:

Contract job right? i have tried it before. For your info, it is only your salary, no promotion, no extra allowance and increament of salary is not gaunranteed. As a matter of fact, you will be enslaved meaning that no time to creat another stream of income becos u will be tied down from morning till night in the cubicle. However, it is still advisable for you to take it if you are still single.
yes it seems lik a comtract job, though am waitin to be briefed on that. Thanks anyway 4 ur contribution
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by CrazyMan(m): 12:31am On Feb 07, 2015
silvoice:
Sounds like a contract job. Bro contract jobs with banks are terrible, you might end up working there for 2 whole years without any form of increment in regards to your pay, secondly as contract staffs, you're excluded from annual leaves, meaning you're going to work like a machine year in year out; no break. And finally there's no job security...the bank can lay you off at the slightest financial challenge they come across, leaving you empty handed with zero entitlements and zero benefits.

If you have an alternative means of income like you stated, then continue with it. Contract jobs aren't worth the stress.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by hayoakins(m): 3:54am On Feb 07, 2015
In addition to the comment, as a teller; the probability of you having cash shortage is high, hence that 80k is not guaranteed. Unfortunately, I was made to understand you are not permitted to keep any Surplus for the day but you must pay for every shortage.

I am not trying to dissuade you rather providing you with fact to enhance your decision.

PS: I do not feel it is wrong to share an already executed biz idea with others but exposing it on a public thread may be unreasonable. The sky is more than enough for millions of birds to fly freely.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by silvoice(m): 8:59am On Feb 07, 2015
CrazyMan:

Sounds like a contract job. Bro contract jobs with banks are terrible, you might end up working there for 2 whole years without any form of increment in regards to your pay, secondly as contract staffs, you're excluded from annual leaves, meaning you're going to work like a machine year in year out; no break. And finally there's no job security...the bank can lay you off at the slightest financial challenge they come across, leaving you empty handed with zero entitlements and zero benefits.

If you have an alternative means of income like you stated, then continue with it. Contract jobs aren't worth the stress.
noted, thanks.
Re: Bank Job, N80.000 Salary, Need Advice Pls by silvoice(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2015
hayoakins:
In addition to the comment, as a teller; the probability of you having cash shortage is high, hence that 80k is not guaranteed. Unfortunately, I was made to understand you are not permitted to keep any Surplus for the day but you must pay for every shortage.

I am not trying to dissuade you rather providing you with fact to enhance your decision.

PS: I do not feel it is wrong to share an already executed biz idea with others but exposing it on a public thread may be unreasonable. The sky is more than enough for millions of birds to fly freely.
i appreciate ur concern.

(1) (Reply)

African University Of Science And Technology / HSE TRAINING IN PORT HARCOURT / INTERNSHIP: A Vital Requirement For Graduates Of Bachelor Of Nursing Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.