Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint (2979 Views)

Jega To Announce Presidential Election Results: Part 3 / Jega To Announce Presidential Election Results: Part 2 / Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
I just finished a conversation with a good friend of mine in Sokoto. There is a wild rumor making rounds in the Northern part of Nigeria in the last two hours that Nigerian Military has perfected a plan to storm Jega home in Abuja and demand his resignation as INEC Chairman at any moment. Jega was ordered yesterday to announce eight week delay of the coming election but Jega declined.

If true, this is the same tactic Obasanjo used against former PDP Chairman, Audu Ogbeh.

There is also rumor that internet service and phone service in Nigeria are bound to be disconnected on February 13.

I hope this is not true.

N.B. February 06,2015:
It seems true after all that Jega's life has been threatened. Doyin Okupe just held a press conference about why INEC should not hold election next week. Okupe claimed other elections were held in April. Okupe further claimed Nigeria is at war and election should not go ahead in the North-east due to insurgency.

You should all come to your senses. This event was deliberate and premeditated. It was all Jonathan's plan to have the North-east bogged down with war so he can remain in power beyond May 29 without election holding.

2 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by afanide: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
YES IT'S NOT!!!

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by sigmundfreud(m): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
These are desperate measures...JEGA won't sign any letter at gun point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by dancocity(m): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
its not possible, nobody can traucate our democracy not GEJ and not GMT.

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by kristonium(m): 5:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
The election may be postponed and Jega may also resign but not at gun point
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
GEJ is a desperado.

He will surely pay for his bad deed very soon.

Someone should pls confirm this news so that civil disobedience can kickstart

12 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
You people should stop overheating the polity with all this fake news!!! The same APC praising this man now will turn around to shout crucify him after the elections!!

7 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
GEJ is a desperado.

He will surely pay for his bad deed very soon.

Someone should pls confirm this news so that civil disobedience can kickstart

cowards like you will be the first to jump under the bed at the first sound of gunshot

7 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by luvmijeje(f): 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
Jonathan has a choice to leave that seat peacefully or be disgrace and chase out.

3 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

cowards like you will be the first to jump under the bed at the first sound of gunshot

You can have your view and express your opinion but pls do not bring your madness and insult to my person.

If this report is comfirmed as true, expect civil disobedience.. ....

And the rest assured that GEJ is a goner. . . Your rant on nairaland can't stop that

14 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by gen2briz(m): 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
I need someone to tell me that GEJ is gentle.

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by onoja12: 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
They better not try it,because if they do,they would have the shock of there lifes

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Jakpon: 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
Jonathan wants to set this country on fire

2 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by HisSexcellency(m): 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
propaganda everywhere..... things like this is not going to help anybody. fake news spread online may soon lead to catastrophic results, the ebola issue comes to mind where Nigerians were bathing with salt water contrary to the true state of its treatment.

3 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by citizenY(m): 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You can have your view and express your opinion but pls do not bring your madness and insult to my person.

And the rest assured that GEJ is a goner. . . Your rant on nairaland can't stop that

In this trying period, we must all keep a cool head. Please .

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Jakpon: 5:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
gen2briz:
I need someone to tell me that GEJ is gentle.
GEJ is gentle sad

4 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

failbuhari 14 is not too far.You should wait till after that dat to gloat les you gloat in vain

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by maryam6(f): 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
Omo mi da? afe sare lo japan.
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

failbuhari 14 is not too far.You should wait till after that dat to gloat les you gloat in vain

Your clueless drunkard should let the election hold on feb14 if he is really sure of winning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
@sincerenigerian, any update so far?

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by watchindelta(m): 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
u said unconfirmed but u still open thread.
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Johnnyessence(m): 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
if anything happens to prof jega d whole world will boil ooooooooooooooooo .say no rigging election say no to shifting election we stand by our words if anything happens to jega things will boil down .this is d plans of Edwin Clark ,he will fail on this part.

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by bokohalal(m): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
sincerenigerian:
I just finished a conversation with a good friend of mine in Sokoto. There is a wild rumor making rounds in the Northern part of Nigeria in the last two hours that Nigerian Military has perfected a plan to storm Jega home in Abuja and demand his resignation as INEC Chairman at any moment. Jega was ordered yesterday to announce eight week delay of the coming election but Jega declined.

If true, this is the same tactic Obasanjo used against former PDP Chairman, Audu Ogbeh.

There is also rumor that internet service and phone service in Nigeria are bound to be disconnected on February 13.

I hope this is not true.

Your friend does not know Jega.
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
@OP,
the rumour I heard is that there is a grand plan to unleash terror on southerns living in the core North, if Jonathan is announced to have won th forth coming elections.

1 Like

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
@sincerenigerian, any update so far?

Well....... the unconfirmed report is spreading for a reason. It is going to be an interesting few days. Let's wait and see what Jega does. Such rumor can't just start spreading for no reason. There must be truth to it.
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by armadeo(m): 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
sincerenigerian:

I hope this is not true.

me when just refill my data for one month. if i hear am angry angry angry
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by killuminati(m): 7:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
chukwudi44:
You people should stop overheating the polity with all this fake news!!! The same APC praising this man now will turn around to shout crucify him after the elections!!
GEJ will lose woefully and shamefully.. Believe it or not!

2 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by killuminati(m): 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Don't mind the foolish chukwudi. He's a mental patient.

2 Likes

Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by espn(m): 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
chukwudi44:
until then. GEJ must go..
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by cococandy(f): 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
How is postponing the elections supposed to help GEJ win?
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by cirmuell(m): 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
luvmijeje:
Jonathan has a choice to leave that seat peacefully or be disgrace and chase out.
We don't want him to leave 'peacefuly' again, he'll definitely be disgraced out of Aso Rock...with our votes!
Re: UNCONFIRMED: Jega To Resign At Gunpoint by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
It seems true after all that Jega's life has been threatened. Doyin Okupe just held a press conference about why INEC should not hold election next week. Okupe claimed other elections were held in April. Okupe further claimed Nigeria is at war and election should not go ahead in the North-east due to insurgency.

You should all come to your senses. This event was deliberate and premeditated. It was all Jonathan's plan to have the North-east bogged down with war so he can remain in power beyond May 29 without election holding.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff / Survival In Biafra. Pictures From Queen Elisabeth Hospital Umuahia. / Pics: So Funny Is This Our Future Leaders Of Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.