Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,737 members, 7,802,219 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" (4777 Views)

The Unaired Part Of Aisha Buhari's Interview, By Jaafar - Premium Times / Aisha Buhari's Interview: BBC Defies Pressure From Presidency, Dogara & Daura / GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se5tpOLkUyU

He mentioned that we have to focus on stabilizing the oil market grin We will not answer that one for obvious reasons cool

oil is 95% of our economy.

Oil is only 15 percent of GDP.
The Foreign exchange relying on our oil is the problem we are facing now and is why we have to focus on building other sectors.

Agriculture will be slow to focus on according to the General it will take time for other sectors to grow. He is still in the 80's shocked
Agriculture is the largest contribution to GDP, making up about 40 percent of it.

Is this the President we want that said that we should not buy weapons to fight Boko Haram. 1 billion dollars is too much money for weapons?
US spends 20% of the entire budget on protecting its people.

He wants to get a report on why our brave military is taking so long and why we budget only 1 stinking billion? Well look below at how much USA spends, which is more than all those countries put together.
APC is disgracing Nigerians with this man.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by SeverusSnape(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Please forget about this man already, He's too ancient, He's not of this generation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Udehpaschal1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
@op, please keep quiet and watch Buhari stabilize world oil market.. He will also fight quaroftion!
He will also arrest kworopt politicians when people like tinubu and atiku are the backbone of his election campaign. How dumb can people be?

Some APC supporters are so pathetic! Tufiakwa!...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Please forget about this man already, He's too ancient, He's not of this generation.
He said he go offer you experience.. You know like a worn out ashawo grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
Udehpaschal1:
@op, please keep quiet and watch Buhari stabilize world oil prices.. He will also fight quaroftion!
He will also arrest kworopt politicians when people like tinubu and atiku are the backbone of his election campaign. How dumb can people be?

I know he can do it but I am just concerned about the last time he stabilized a market you had to stand in line and market owners were forced to mark your prices below what you bought them...I wonder why Dangote is not yelling Sai Buhari grin

Since APC said they don't like our train I guess we will get more of the change he served us in the 80's.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Chylo(m): 7:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
Udehpaschal1:
@op, please keep quiet and watch Buhari stabilize world oil prices.. He will also fight quaroftion!

Oga, he never said he will stabilize "world oil prices". Why are you so daft like this. Simple video, you cannot watch. He said he would stabilize Nigeria's oil market (or the petroleum industry). He said this is for the short term because diversification into agriculture and mining, which he will also do, takes time. He said every kobo gotten from our oil market must be judiciously applied.

It is so clear what he is saying, its idiots like you that will be talking of world oil price.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by SeverusSnape(m): 7:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
biafranqueen:
He said he go offer you experience.. You know like a worn out ashawo grin
Hehehehehehehehe...Experience indeed grin
Experience of jailing journalists and perceived enemies. I laugh any time I hear some people(on nairaland) calling the man "anti corruption czar"...Let him go and tame his cows.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 7:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
barcanista oya come we neva finishoo wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 7:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
Chylo:

Oga, he never said he will stabilize "world oil prices". Why are you so daft like this. Simple video, you cannot watch. He said he would stabilize Nigeria's oil market (or the petroleum industry). He said this is for the short term because diversification into agriculture and mining, which he will also do, takes time. He said every kobo gotten from our oil market must be judiciously applied.

It is so clear what he is saying, its idiots like you that will be talking of world oil price.
So how will he stabilize Nigeria's Oil market? Who determines the price of barrels Tinubu?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
biafranqueen:
barcanista oya come we neva finishoo wink
Where in the video did he say he will stabilise world oil prices?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
barcanista:
Where in the video did he say he will stabilise world oil prices?
Which oil market can he stabilize don't tell me Nigeria's market grin If so explain 1:04...
You guys will never debate issues ..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Chylo(m): 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
biafranqueen:
So how will he stabilize Nigeria's Oil market? Who determines the price of barrels Tinubu?

This is not about price of oil mumu. It is about how whatever comes in is utilized. I'm sure your only definition of ''stabilizing'' something has to do with prices, but intelligent people know that stabilizing a market includes rooting out corruption, crude theft, policy inconsistencies and overall negative shocks.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
Chylo:

This is not about price of oil mumu. It is about how whatever comes in is utilized. I'm sure your only definition of ''stabilizing'' something has to do with prices, but intelligent people know that stabilizing a market includes rooting out corruption, crude theft, policy inconsistencies and overall negative shocks.
Go and listen again he listed all you said plus stabilizing oil prices.

No wonder the F9 even on the fake report card grin
You want a President with an F-( to run your country?
Chai Buhari!

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Udehpaschal1(m): 11:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
Chylo:

since he chickened out of the organised debates which would have been the perfect platform to explain how he plans to "stabilize Nigeria's oil market", i will suggest u shut the f**k up.
A man who is capable of lying under oath that his cetificate is with the military , is capable of lying about anything... Isisn't he guilty perjury ?? Shouldn't he be in jail by now? Or u want to tell me he dosen't know that the millitary don't keep the originals' of applicants certificate..
Read in-between the lines. You know deep down buhari is not the man u portray him to be. I know common sense is not so common but atleast manage the one u have to think properly..

Oga driver , abeg give this mad man that my CHANGE mak him comot for here! Don't quote me again!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Udehpaschal1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
biafranqueen:
I know he can do it but I am just concerned about the last time he stabilized a market you had to stand in line and market owners were forced to mark your prices below what you bought them...I wonder why Dangote is not yelling Sai Buhari grin

Since APC said they don't like our train I guess we will get more of the change he served us in the 80's.

abeg nor forget to collect your CHANGE from Oga driver aka amaechi oo

its GEJ or nobody

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Djicemob: 11:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
Chylo:

Dont twist his clueless statement to suit you.Watch the video,he said he would stabilize oil PRICE.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Chylo(m): 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Djicemob:
Dont twist his clueless statement to suit you.Watch the video,he said he would stabilize oil PRICE.

Ok sir, what time stamp in the video did he say that? You people just like arguing like headless chickens.

NB: Before you answer, take a look at the modified topic of this thread again (the TANoid who opened this thread has quickly changed the title to reflect what GMB actually said). There was no mention of stabilizing oil price.
Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by talktimi(m): 12:19am On Feb 06, 2015
You people are just jealous because my amiable general wants to stabilize world oil prices with the help of Nigerian army, navy and air force

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by agabaI23(m): 12:24am On Feb 06, 2015
biafranqueen:

He mentioned that we have to focus on stabilizing the oil market grin We will not answer that one for obvious reasons cool

The Foreign exchange relying on our oil is the problem we are facing now and is why we have to focus on building other sectors.

Agriculture will be slow to focus on according to the General it will take time for other sectors to grow. He is still in the 80's shocked
Agriculture is the largest contribution to GDP, making up about 40 percent of it.

Is this the President we want that said that we should not buy weapons to fight Boko Haram. 1 billion dollars is too much money for weapons?
US spends 20% of the entire budget on protecting its people.

He wants to get a report on why our brave military is taking so long and why we budget only 1 stinking billion? Well look below at how much USA spends, which is more than all those countries put together.
APC is disgracing Nigerians with this man.

What do you have to say about this?
theV0ice

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 12:49am On Feb 06, 2015
Djicemob:
They know how to spin a story just like thatooo!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 12:52am On Feb 06, 2015
Udehpaschal1:

since he chickened out of the organised debates which would have been the perfect platform to explain how he plans to "stabilize Nigeria's oil market", i will suggest u shut the f**k up.
A man who is capable of lying under oath that his cetificate is with the military , is capable of lying about anything... Isisn't he guilty perjury ?? Shouldn't he be in jail by now? Or u want to tell me he dosen't know that the millitary don't keep the originals' of applicants certificate..
Read in-between the lines. You know deep down buhari is not the man u portray him to be. I know common sense is not so common but atleast manage the one u have to think properly..

Oga driver , abeg give this mad man that my CHANGE mak him comot for here! Don't quote me again!
If he is really about fighting korruption he should now go down and turn himself in pronto!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by birdman(m): 1:09am On Feb 06, 2015
biafranqueen:

he said 95% of our foreign earnings. you cant tell the difference? abeg wey your school certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by maureen546: 4:29am On Feb 06, 2015
I could remember my daddy told me that buhari ws the head of state when he ws in standard six,today l'm up to 30yrs same buhari who ws d head of state when my dad ws in standard six still want to be head of state today,chai,what r we saying is this the change we need?ok who r d future leaders?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Chylo:

Don't mind them; certificate holders yet with minimal comprehension, always quick to castigate others not minding their own exposed inadequacies.

Yes, the General did mention doing what we could to stabilize the oil market; though not specifying whether he meant Nigerian or world market.

Let us even assume oil market translates to oil prices (as the OP, biafranqueen et al want to fault him for) still he could not be said to be far off the mark; because the primary function of OPEC, of Nigeria is a full member of and also the the current chairperson; is to stabilize world oil price through influencing supply and demand by exercising a quota system of regulation of production of its members.
The current plummet in oil prices can be related in part to the abandonment of this system by the group's major producing countries like Saudi Arabia.

There is therefore nothing wrong if Nigeria as a member and chair could try to do what it can (as in the general's words) to persuade the cartel to revert to the status quo of stabilizing world prices.

I have carefully listened to the interview, what came across was that the General started by clearly summarizing the problem as mismanagement of our oil industries and elucidated further by pointing out examples along with their solutions for which he concluded (again in summary) by simply saying it was an issue of resource management.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Udehpaschal1(m): 6:56am On Feb 06, 2015
biafranqueen:
If he is really about fighting korruption he should now go down and turn himself in pronto!

abi oo, atleast he should lead by example... Maybe by then i will personally vote him as the president of kirikiri maximum prison

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 06, 2015
A Dunce at 72 is a Dunce for life

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
Samsleek7:
A Dunce at 72 is a Dunce for life
Exactly this guy is the reason the loopholes exist in the system. Listening to that interview and you still want to vote this man, your character is questionable.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 5:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Don't mind them; certificate holders yet with minimal comprehension, always quick to castigate others not minding their own exposed inadequacies.

Yes, the General did mention doing what we could to stabilize the oil market; though not specifying whether he meant Nigerian or world market.

Let us even assume oil market translates to oil prices (as the OP, biafranqueen et al want to fault him for) still he could not be said to be far off the mark; because the primary function of OPEC, of Nigeria is a full member of and also the the current chairperson; is to stabilize world oil price through influencing supply and demand by exercising a quota system of regulation of production of its members.
The current plummet in oil prices can be related in part to the abandonment of this system by the group's major producing countries like Saudi Arabia.

There is therefore nothing wrong if Nigeria as a member and chair could try to do what it can (as in the general's words) to persuade the cartel to revert to the status quo of stabilizing world prices.

I have carefully listened to the interview, what came across was that the General started by clearly summarizing the problem as mismanagement of our oil industries and elucidated further by pointing out examples along with their solutions for which he concluded (again in summary) by simply saying it was an issue of resource management.

He is the person that built that Ministry so he is the apex of the entire problem. Why does he never offer solutions, you don't think our current Minister rising to the position of OPEC Head is telling you something about how their administration is doing something different. This man knows zero about management and that is why the oil industry in Nigeria had to almost be built from scratch in 4 years.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 5:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
maureen546:
I could remember my daddy told me that buhari ws the head of state when he ws in standard six,today l'm up to 30yrs same buhari who ws d head of state when my dad ws in standard six still want to be head of state today,chai,what r we saying is this the change we need?ok who r d future leaders?
Can you imagine I was born when he was head of state and now they want him to be my leader too. What kind of backward bush mentality is happening in the 21st century. The man knows zero about economics in the 80's and in 2015.

This man killed soldiers with fake stories, soldiers that knew why they did the coup.
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/11/18/world/around-the-world-nigeria-said-to-execute-40-soldiers-plotting-coup.html
Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by biafranqueen: 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
RIO DE JANEIRO, March 13— Brazil has won an international bidding contest to refine Nigerian oil this year, the state oil company, Petrobras, announced today.

The $1.2 billion agreement calls for Brazil to import Nigerian crude and return refined gasoline, jet fuel and diesel oil to Nigeria, a Petrobras spokesman said. He added that the accord would allow Brazil to reduce its idle refining capacity and earn a margin of profit.

Brazil imports about two-thirds of the one million barrels of oil it consumes daily, mostly from the Middle East. It buys 10,000 barrels daily from Nigeria.

Nigeria started refining oil under Buhari he is an economic hit man angry
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/03/14/business/brazil-wins-nigeria-pact.html

He and his General friends IBB and OBJ are Nigerians nightmare in a sane country they would be in Federal Prison. Only a trained Zoologist can tame those three baboons that created the system that has rot Nigerians development. We need to take them to World Tribune especially IBB and OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Interview On "Stabilizing The Oil Market" by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
biafranqueen:
Exactly this guy is the reason the loopholes exist in the system. Listening to that interview and you still want to vote this man, your character is questionable.
U got it baby!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Photo Of Buhari's Missing Certificate And Some Funny Tweet / GMB Chief Of Staff / Why Do Fulanis from Kwara Like Adopting Yoruba Names: Like Kolapo And Bukola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.