Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark (30776 Views)

Great White Shark Busts Into Diving Cage With Man Inside / See The Gigantic Snake Bayelsa Politician Saw At His New House / See The Gigantic Scorpion That We Killed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark by PapiWata: 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
Gigantic 38-Foot Man-Eating Shark – The Legend of “Submarine”.

The all-time classic shark horror movie called "Jaws" was produced in the late 1970’s, and the villain of that movie was a Great White shark that measured 25-feet, which, until the year 2014, was believed to be an unrealistically long mythical specimen that could only exist in a fictional tale, given that virtually all Great White sharks that had been captured on film were, on average, a “mere” 15 feet long.

Recently, the Discovery Channel aired a TV program about a surreal incident off the coast of South Africa that completely re-wrote the history of Great White sharks, by showing CLEARLY filmed evidence and multiple eye-witness accounts describing a Great White shark of absolutely GARGANTUAN proportions, that measured a mind-blowing 38 feet long, and, as if that astonishing size was not enough, displayed almost human-like intelligence of the sort never before in history associated with the already impressive Great Whites of South Africa.

This earth-shaking discovery occurred just LAST YEAR, in 2014, when a tourist whale-watching boat set sail from Cape Town harbor, transporting nature enthusiasts on a leisurely cruise close to a rocky island off the coast of Cape Town, in an area known for good reason as “Shark Alley”. The boat’s captain pulled his vessel too close to the rocky island, and in the process ran the vessel into submerged rocks, causing the boat to capsize and spill 23 people into the shark-infested waters, where commenced a spell-binding and utterly terrifying series of events which would NEVER have been taken for a fact, were it not for MULTIPLE cameras that captured what was to follow.

Before the stricken ship keeled over and sank 40 feet to the bottom of churning seas, radio SOS messages summoned a number of rescue boats that all raced to converge on the scene, where frantic efforts were made to pull the terrified swimming passengers from the freezing waters. As cameras rolled from multiple angles, several 15-foot Great White sharks quickly converged to circle around the swimmers, one of whom suffered a bite in short order, before being hauled aboard a rescue boat alive but bleeding profusely.

Ghostly green images of the circling monsters were clearly captured on the screen of underwater sonar equipment, as the frantic rescue operation progressed, but then something occurred with baffled and mystified all observers present. In an instant, all the circling sharks departed the scene at speed, leaving the several panicked swimmers still floundering in the blood stained waters, and awaiting their turn to be pulled aboard rescue boats.

It was at that point that a woman who had tied herself to a 25-foot long inflatable plastic float was pulled under water by an unseen force of such magnitude that the entire float and the woman vanished forever. Based on the flotation characteristics of the vessel to which the woman had tied herself, scientists later calculated that a downward force of 4.8 tons was required to make that 25-foot float vanish underwater forever, along with the woman who was evidently swallowed whole by a yet unseen mega-beast of biblical proportions.

In a few short minutes, a scene of mind bending horror was beheld by all aboard several rescue boats, as multiple cameras captured the stranger than fiction events. The colossal 38 foot shark emerged from the murky depths, and began to push a second screaming victim methodically AWAY from the rescue boats, and out to open sea. The beast was evidently waiting for its first victim to digest, while carefully keeping possession of its second meal of the evening. After about ten minutes of gently nudging its new victim with its nose, the shark that was later nick-named “Submarine” broke the surface with its mouth open wide, and swallowed the thrashing victim WHOLE in one bite.

The drama intensified dramatically, as a brave diver in a metal cage was sent down to evacuate the last three people who were trapped in an air pocket inside the sunken boat, 40 feet under water. With the giant shark now ramming the boat with its nose, and breaking it open to get at the four people inside, a narrow escape into the cage and up to the surface was carried out in an utterly heroic finale that no movie script writer could ever have dreamed up.

The shark called “Submarine” bears on its nose the huge scar of a harpoon fired back in 1976 by a South African fisherman, and so is readily identifiable in the film footage captured on the day of that historic ship wreck just last year in 2014, and with that, a new sea legend was born. To this day, that previously unimaginable Great White shark continues to prowl the waters of Shark Alley, South Africa, keeping a keen eye out for more tasty humans on which to snack. Anyone with even the slightest interest in sharks and maritime legend MUST watch this jaw-dropping Discovery Channel documentary that turned upside down all previous assumptions about the mysterious Great White Shark.
Re: The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark by OracleMxNelson(m): 7:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
Haaaa!!!
Re: The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark by PapiWata: 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
Well, I did a few searches on the net about this supposed new discovery of a giant shark, and learned to my dismay that the entire "documentary" might in fact be an elaborate hoax in which most, if not all of the events described never took place at all.

Rather than delete the whole topic, I decided to leave it up here, to illustrate how easily a self-avowed skeptic like yours truly could be tricked by a cleverly packaged tall tale crafted by Discovery Channel script writers and recounted by paid actors, in order to boost viewer ratings.

I suppose I was so easily taken in by this story because it simply never occurred to me that Discovery Channel would stoop so low as to create a work of pure fiction and then fraudulently pass it off to the viewing public as a legitimate account of factual events. I had always assumed that such a blatant use of deception by a major TV station could invite lawsuits, but maybe even that assumption is not necessarily true.

Good job Discovery Channel, for I bought that entire story hook, line and sinker, if you will pardon the pun.

1 Like

Re: The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark by Baba419(m): 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
They tricked us on this one

But I believe the ocean as vast as it is holds many secrets

1 Like

Re: The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark by PapiWata: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
Baba419:
They tricked us on this one

But I believe the ocean as vast as it is holds many secrets

Yes Baba419, Discovery Channel played a very clever 419, complete with actors posing as renowned scientists, that became the subject of much internet chatter about how such a work of outright fiction could be presented as a documentary.

Henceforth I will take all Discovery Channel "documentaries" with a grain of salt. That said, you are indeed right that there are without question many more previously unknown species that may yet emerge from the depths of the sea, which after all covers 75% of the Earth's surface.
Re: The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark by ChuckWells: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2015
[b][/b][i][/i] Well If it is a hoax what happened to the so called victims. Where are they now, just like the Discovery show on shark week that introduced us to Submarine, Megaladon what happen to those victims as well

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Abdullahi-Lawal Builds Models Of Aircraft In ZARIA (Photos) / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / Lion Helps His Brother Stuck On A Tree (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.