Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 (14423 Views)

Yoga With Nigerian Dwarf Goats Craze Takes Off In The US. See Photos / I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / How I Lost My Childhood Friend To HIV/AIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by lillyjane(f): 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
Loosing weight and staying in shape and healthy is the most difficult journey ever. You know why? It is simple, all the food we have that is at least palatable and taste buds friendly are heavy carriers of calories. And we all know that excess calories is responsible for weight gain. One thing we need to know is that the tastier and less colourful the food is, the higher the chances of excess calories.

I will take you on a journey with my weight loss story using our dear local food without exercises. Yes when I say "without exercises" do not misinterpret me. So I got delivered of my bundle of joy, scared of what my new weight will be since all my old clothes doesn't fit in anymore.

I mustered courage to check my weight at six weeks hey the doctor can't attend to me without it. Wow! It was 72. A whooping 20kg. Yes I was a 52kg lady before pregnancy, No thanks to excessive high calorie food intake. You know the painful part, I was on exclusive breastfeeding. But I was ignorant then.

I started exercising, yes it worked to an extent and stopped as baby would suck up all I have got and I will be left with no other option other than to eat, eat and eat. No credit is going to my mother-in-law either as she will get all sorts of food for her dear daughter in law. Don't blame her please. It was as if all my effort on exercises is not paying off, I had to stop killing myself and decided to make some adjustments in relation to food-what I eat and how I eat them. Mind you, I still enjoy all the food varieties everybody in the house enjoys. So this is the adjustments I made on food.

Incredible food alternatives that burns calories

1) Quaker oats: Oats is one food that is rich in dietary fibre. Its high fibre content and easy digestible quality makes it ideal for weight-loss. This easy-to-make food is also rich in antioxidant. I replaced my morning bread and tea with a bowl of quaker oats with a cube of sugar and a tablespoonful of milk. Aside its weight-loss benefits by keeping you fuller for longer, quaker oats is also filled with other health and healing benefits.

2) Agidi/Eko: You know the saying that goes "the taste of the pudding is in the pudding" that is exactly tailored down to our homes. The taste of swallow is in the soup. So I ditched semo/wheat for homemade agidi. I still get to enjoy my favourite food but in a different way. I usually make my own agidi at home with millet and guinea corn. ordinary yellow corn is good but I opted for millet n guinea corn because it has higher fibre content and contains less calories. In fact my family members has joined me in eating agidi because it is sooo delicious with a lot of benefits.

3) Home made sauce: Omg! this is yummy. instead of traditional Nigerian stew or our usual ofeakwu, I opted for a home made sauce that is tastier, healthier, heart friendly, calorie burner and weight manager. This home made sauce can be used to eat everything ranging from rice, boiled/fried yam, boiled/fried plantain, spaghetti, etc. It can still be eaten alone.

One good thing is that, it does not break your bank account. Aside meat, you can make it with #200 or less. all you need is small sized cabbage, carrot, green pepper, few hard tomatoes, ball pepper,spring onions/white onions, seasonings and of course, the "encouragement" chicken.

I will stop here in order not to make the post longer, I sure will compile the list2 soon, stay tuned.

Source: http://www.liliansblog.com/2015/02/incredible-weightloss-with-our-nigerian.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by seemples(f): 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nice!
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by lillyjane(f): 12:05am On Feb 06, 2015
seemples:
Nice!

Thank you
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by DONOCSO(m): 7:54am On Feb 06, 2015
I had a girlfriend that hated going to the gym, each time we go out the fat girl was always asking me of how to loss weight without exercise. I wish we were still dating, I would have forwarded this to her mail.

1 Like

Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by soldierdollar(m): 8:18am On Feb 06, 2015
Yes . Diet monitoring has been basic way of controlling weight . most times exercise doesn't help if one eats food with high calorific value .Exercise and diet control should always be complementary .
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by akinswaggs(m): 8:27am On Feb 06, 2015
Do you mean i should now stop eating my Sushi's?
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by aieromon(m): 8:28am On Feb 06, 2015
Its finally nice to see dieting with local content.

Do you have anything for pot belly?
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by lillyjane(f): 8:56am On Feb 06, 2015
DONOCSO:
I had a girlfriend that hated going to the gym, each time we go out the fat girl was always asking me of how to loss weight without exercise. I wish we were still dating, I would have forwarded this to her mail.

Its not late yet bro, sharing they say is caring.
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by lillyjane(f): 8:57am On Feb 06, 2015
soldierdollar:
Yes . Diet monitoring has been basic way of controlling weight . most times exercise doesn't help if one eats food with high calorific value .Exercise and diet control should always be complementary .

Exactly, thanks
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by DONOCSO(m): 9:08am On Feb 06, 2015
lillyjane:

I care for people that care about me.
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by lillyjane(f): 9:33am On Feb 06, 2015
aieromon:
Its finally nice to see dieting with local content.

Do you have anything for pot belly?

Pot belly will vanish if 1) you do home made detox, 2)eat more of fruits n vegetables, 3) drink enough water, 4) manage your quantity. This last one is very important. Anything you eat n feel the impact on your stomach is over eating.

Try to eat less at a sitting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by seemples(f): 9:35am On Feb 06, 2015
DONOCSO:

lillyjane:

DONOCSO:

Which unpardonable sin she commit like this eh, oga Charles?
Abeg wait for the part2 from lillyjane then forward all to her and while at it call her oo...that she has an important mail from you wink
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by DONOCSO(m): 9:45am On Feb 06, 2015
seemples:

Which unpardonable sin she commit like this eh, oga Charles?
Abeg wait for the part2 from lillyjane then forward all to her and while at it call her oo...that she has an important mail from you wink

sin against the Don.
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by lillyjane(f): 9:53am On Feb 06, 2015
DONOCSO:

Ha! Is it that bad? What did she even do that is unpardonable
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by DONOCSO(m): 10:40am On Feb 06, 2015
lillyjane:

Ha! Is it that bad? What did she even do that is unpardonable

You won't understand.
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by seemples(f): 10:45am On Feb 06, 2015
DONOCSO:

sin against the Don.

You don't say!!!

You mean she sinned against THE Don?
The ONE and ONLY Don almighty?
She never heard there's no one like THE Don?
THE Don? Yea, THE Don!

Oh my!!! She get liver oo..very FAAAAAAT liver
You see one more reason to forward the ish...that liver needs to be heavily trimmed!! don't you think??!

Nnaa have a wonderful day

1 Like

Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by DONOCSO(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
seemples:

You don't say!!!

You mean she sinned against THE Don?
The ONE and ONLY Don almighty?
She never heard there's no one like THE Don?
THE Don? Yea, THE Don!

Oh my!!! She get liver oo..very FAAAAAAT liver
You see one more reason to forward the ish...that liver needs to be heavily trimmed!! don't you think??!

Nnaa have a wonderful day

Hmmm do have a great day.
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by aieromon(m): 1:30pm On Feb 06, 2015
lillyjane:

Pot belly will vanish if 1) you do home made detox, 2)eat more of fruits n vegetables, 3) drink enough water, 4) manage your quantity. This last one is very important. Anything you eat n feel the impact on your stomach is over eating.

Try to eat less at a sitting.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
Good one lillyjane, please share more so others can learn, much respect!! smiley
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by lillyjane(f): 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
isotonic:
Good one lillyjane, please share more so others can learn, much respect!! smiley

Thanks. I sure will

1 Like

Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by Obinoscopy(m): 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
lillyjane:

Thanks. I sure will
We're waiting smiley.
Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by coolestca(m): 9:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
shocked ON

Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2015
Loose weight and Potbelly without stress with this transdermal products. and you know what? no swallowing, no injection, no side effect, Safe and 100% natural. You will loose more 10kg in just a month with this three selected products which are Slim + Gluthathione + Alma C. yea! thank or bless me later

For any other chronic health issues Fibroids, Stroke, Heart problem, Cancers, Prostate enlargement, Lumps, etc. pls stop wasting money running helter-skelter for solutions.

I am a trained Gaurapad health consultant, so just halla me 08188872682whatsapp, 08154401443. God blesss!

Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by lillyjane(f): 7:25am On Feb 16, 2015
As a continuation of my earlier post on how I lost a massive 10kg without exercises, only foods….rich Nigerian delicacies. Here is the part2, sit back and enjoy.

Being over weight or having excess fat deposits at an unwanted region is an issue that is actually a thorn in the flesh of a lot of people. Maybe you or someone you know is also having this same problem. But not to worry, total solution is here with just foods. If it can work for me, it will work for anybody.

Remember, starving yourself of foods does NOT help you loose weight rather it puts your body system into resistance/hibernation mode. What do I mean? When you starve yourself in the bid to loose weight, your body tries as much as possible to conserve the little fat it has left. But because it needs to provide you with the daily needed energy, it starts taking it from your muscles.

Human body system is designed to withstand and adapt to any situation or environment it finds itself no matter how harsh or friendly it might be.

Below are the continuation of the foods that helped me loose 10kg

1. Plantain:
Foods like this is so yummy, I usually cook my plantain unripe with lots of ugu leaves and a little scent leave. Unripe plantain contain more iron than carbohydrate which makes it lower in calorie content than the ripe ones. The ugu leave will provide the needed fibre, vitamins and the roughages helps keep me fuller for longer.

At times though, I eat ripe plantain….just to satisfy my taste-bud..lol..don’t blame me please. Yes I do eat ripe plantain but I oven bake it instead of frying. You can try it out too.

2. Lemon:
Lemon works like magic, this wonderful fruit of citrus family contains a lot of vitamin C. Aside that, it is also rich in antioxidants and a great laxative(when combined with ginger). I made it a habit of drinking lemon/lime juice daily. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a mug, add a lukewarm water or just hot enough not to burn your tongue and drink it all first thing in the morning. This will speed up your metabolism, digest foods, burn calories and aid in weight loss.

3. Water Melon:
Juicy! right? I eat lots of it. in fact 99% I used watermelon as dinner. water melon contains lots of water, fibre and rich in multivitamins. Eating just the juicy fleshy part is good but eating it with the seed is better. the greater work of watermelon is in the seed.

4. Ginger:
Ginger is very great when it concerns weight loss. Generally health-wise, ginger cures all forms of illnesses and prevents different diseases. Ginger also is a natural laxative which will aid your bowel movement. Including ginger in foods does the magic but if you can withstand the taste and burning sensation on your tongue, drink a raw ginger tea daily to skyrocket your weight loss. Grate a small portion of ginger and add a hot water to it, allow to sit for 2 minutes while being covered, sieve it and drink.
Alternatively, boil a grated garlic in a glass of water for 1 minute, sieve and drink. Please keep it covered while boiling.

OMG! The more I write, the more i would want to continue, but I would stop here for now, Don’t really like making my posts too long. Watch out for part 3

1 Like

Re: How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 by funsoul: 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
lillyjane:

EaAAaaa
xactly, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Is Cyprone Really A Food Supplement? / Yobe Discharges All COVID-19 Patients, Declares Zero Case On Admission / Mass Exit Of Doctors Looms In Lagos Hospitals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.