Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,668 members, 7,770,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:03 PM

How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters (40839 Views)

How Obanikoro, Others Airlifted N1.2bn Cash For Fayose – Bank Official / N4.7bn Arms Funds Traced To Obanikoro, Fayose —EFCC / PDP Candidate Ishaku, Winner Of Taraba Election - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ABDamola(m): 10:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
How Obanikoro, Fayose, Chris Uba And Brig. General Momoh Rigged Ekiti Governorship Election In Collusion With The Nigerian Army
The 37-minute recording details the conversation between these PDP leaders and politicians as they bribed Brigadier General Momoh with a promotion for his assistance in carrying out election fraud in Ekiti. In it, Obanikoro is clearly heard informing the group of men, “[I] am not here for a tea party, am on special assignment by the President.”

Headshots of individuals planning to commit electoral fraud. Governor Ayo Fayose, Sen Iyiola Omisore, Sen Musiliu Obanikoro, Caleb Olubolade, Hon Abdulkareem, Gen Aliyu Momoh
Sahara Reporters
SaharaReporters has received unimpeachable documents and audio recordings providing substantial evidence that major Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leaders planned and successfully rigged the gubernatorial elections in Ekiti State, and plotted a similar scenario in Osun in 2014.  

The audio recordings and affidavit were provided by Sagir Koli, a Captain in the 32nd Artillery Brigade stationed in Ekiti State, who has since fled the country for fear of retaliation. Capt. Koli recorded the conversation on 20th June 2014 when he was asked to accompany his Commanding Officer, Brigadier General Aliyu Momoh, to the meeting.  The venue was held at Spotless Hotel in Ado-Ekiti.

The audio recordings depict the meeting as being attended by the eventual “winner” of the election, Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti; Senator Iyiola Omisore; a man identified as Honorable Abdulkareem; the Minister for Police Affairs Caleb Olubolade; and Senator Musiliu Obanikoro who was at the time the Minister of State for Defence. Mr. Chris Uba came to Ekiti with huge stash cash and soldiers from the East to carry out the assignment.

The 37-minute recording details the conversation between these men as they bribed Brigadier General Momoh with a promotion for his assistance in carrying out election fraud in Ekiti. In it, Obanikoro is clearly heard informing the group of men, “[I] am not here for a tea party, am on special assignment by the President.”

SaharaReporters further received credible intelligence that President Goodluck Jonathan had instructed the Chief of Defense Staff, Alex Badeh, to use the army in arresting and intimidating opposition politicians before and during the election. The audio recording provides exact details of the plot, with the collaborators almost degenerating into physical combat.

Authentication of Audio Recordings and Proof of Election Fraud 

The audio recordings were analyzed and authenticated by Guardian Consulting, an independent US-based security consulting company. According to a report authored by Guardian Consulting, also in the possession of SaharaReporters, the independent company used Forensic Voice Frequency Comparison technology to identify all voices on the recording with audio available in the public domain.

The then Deputy Defense Minister, Obanikoro clearly states to General Momoh that he was not only sent to the meeting by President Jonathan, but “you can’t get a promotion without me sitting on top of your military council.  If I am happy tomorrow night, the sky is your limit.”  

Governor Fayose revealed that he had already bribed an official of the Independent National Election Commission (INEC), the non-political commission charged with organizing elections in Nigeria, to bring copies of voter ballots with the INEC logo to him that day. Fayose, upset that his INEC contact was caught in traffic, narrated his day’s frustrations: “Where are we supposed to be collating the thing INEC gave to us? Soft copies we now printed? Why is my [INEC] contact not with [the ballots]…my contact man [was] sitting in the check point…it took me more than two hours to get this man.”  

As the plotters began to argue, Omisore, who was running for Governor of Osun State on the PDP ticket, tried to calm the room: “I would just say that we don’t have to argue so much, we have seen some lapses [today] yes. It’s just this evening, there is nothing happening now that we cannot contain before tomorrow morning.”

Plans to Rig Elections in Favor of PDP

The eyewitness testimony and sworn affidavit by Capt. Koli corroborates the audio recordings of the PDP officials’ plans to manipulate the Ekiti elections. The plotters devised several plans intended to bring about an unlawful victory for PDP candidates in Ekiti State races, including the forging of INEC ballots, the use of the military to facilitate access for PDP operatives and supporters, the creation of a list of APC members to be arrested, and the deployment of a Special Team of military personnel to prevent APC voters from reaching the polls. 

The PDP officials told General Momoh that those soldiers on election duty “must work hand-in-hand with the PDP agents” and ordered the arrest of selected APC stalwarts as that could “greatly assist the party during the election including DG campaign organization for Dr. Fayemi, Mr. Bimbo Daramola,” Capt. Koli said in his affidavit.

General Momoh, confronted with criticism by the group, defended himself by saying that “we have done a lot of [APC] arrests.”  It would be recalled that there were arrests of APC members in Ekiti during the period.  It would also be recalled that many members of the security offices paraded around Ekiti in disguise.

The PDP collaborators also demanded that the military block APC members’ access to the electorate and that moles should “be careful because the consequence will be severe.”

Soldiers were instructed set up roadblocks leading to the polling stations and prevent APC supporters’ access.  Additionally, vehicles and individuals with a special sticker labeled “National Security Task” were allowed movement anywhere, and were only distributed to PDP agents.

General Momoh informed the group that there were “about 6 special teams. I have one strike force. I have almost forty soldiers after deployment,” evidently an organized system being used to manipulate voter turnout.  

Capt. Koli’s statement explained that based on these strategies, “they succeeded in rigging the Ekiti State election with victory in all the 16 Local Governing Authorities (LGAs). These really inspired them and they were with the euphoria that same would happen in Osun State.”

Indeed, leading into the Osun State elections the Brigadier General posted there was told to take a three-week leave during the elections.  His position was temporarily filled by General Momoh, who then repeated the same fraudulent tactics in Osun.

Retaliation Against Captain Sagir Koli

SaharaReporters was provided with additional evidence that proves the military retaliated against Capt. Koli when he released this information. Capt. Koli fled before he was arrested, but the military arrested, secretly detained, and chained his brother Adamu to a bed for nearly five months at the Adekunle Fanjuyi’s Cantonment.

In an exclusive phone interview with from his hideout outside Nigeria, Capt. Koli told SaharaReporters that his brother was starved for periods of time and sometimes “fed worms.” Adamu was only released after a petition, which is also in possession of SaharaReporters, was submitted to the National Human Rights Commission by Barrister Chief K. Akinola Ajayi.

The treatment of Capt. Koli’s brother was so poor during his illegal confinement that he had to be hospitalized due to malnutrition.  

SaharaReporters contacted Nigerian Defense spokesperson, General Chris Olukolade as well as Nigerian Army spokesperson, Col. SK Usman, for comment on this story.  Both officials promised to get back to us but never did.

Click here 2 download d audio link: https://soundcloud.com/saharareporters/secret-meeting-that-led-to-the-rigging-of-ekiti-gubernatorial-for-fa

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/05/how-obanikoro-fayose-chris-uba-and-brig-general-momoh-rigged-ekiti-governorship-election

24 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
Every day for the thief and one day for the owner

Now on FP FTC by the way.
Thanks to Buhari who motivated me to comeback to Nairaland

129 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ABDamola(m): 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mod. Fp pls

15 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by utytill(m): 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
Bad.hmmm....,go to court or go and die.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ABDamola(m): 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
D truth s finally hea!!!
'Tell no lies; Claim no easy victory; Tel d pple d way it s'

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by clevvermind(m): 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
ABDamola:
Mod. Fp pls
no front page. this story may be false.

8 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by eseosa77(m): 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
All these happened under the watchful eyes of the this clueless president,nigeria is doomed.
FTC. Again

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by clevvermind(m): 10:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
SmartChoices:
Every day for the thief and one day for the owner
so what will happen?

1 Like

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ABDamola(m): 10:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
clevvermind:
no front page. this story may be false.
False u say? I laff!!! U sha see in d nxt few days!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by focus7: 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
I have said that all the achievement claims of Jonathan and his followers are nothing but falsehood. This is one of the achievement the pdp has been flaunting around that he performed credible election, when what he did in Ekiti is arm twisting the ruling government to give it to the area boy. No wonder Fayose will send his boys to disrupt the proceeding of the election tribunal in Ekiti, and no wonder he's so desperating attacking Buhari for the fear of Him losing protection that would eventually lead to his losing the seat.

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by clevvermind(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
eseosa77:
All these happened under the watchful eyes of the this clueless president,nigeria is doomed.
FTC. Again
you are the one that is doomed, not Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by focus7: 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
ABDamola:

why do you laff? You should not be deceive by his moniker, he's a foolishmind for by their post we shall know them.

4 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by clevvermind(m): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
ABDamola:

let's wait till then. we should not make hasty conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ABDamola(m): 10:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
focus7:
why do you laff? You should not be deceive by his moniker, he's a foolishmind for by their post we shall know them.

1 Like

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by omenka(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
OMG! This is Terrible.

33 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by Firefire(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hey Feee ceee

7 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by focus7: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
[
Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by focus7: 11:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOOLISHmind:
let's wait till then. we should not make hasty conclusion.
you sure grow up among the monkeys, make your comments among them please.

11 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by Bayswater: 11:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
APC and lies ehn. Fayose won that election fair and square.

10 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by Plus10(m): 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
this is how you and sahara desert will report the news after failburi 14th.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by doctokwus: 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
This report almost made me to shed tears.But it was patently obvious from the nauseating attacks on GMB person by Fayose that that man is capable of descending to any depraved depths to have his way.
It also explains y GEJ and PDP have been trying to use all types of tactics to either disqualify buhari or have d elections shifted;they have clearly seen GMB wud win and there is no method to rig the election.
I have been telling people;when GEJ leaves office come may 29,the kinds of things that wud be revealed about his regime wud be enough to even make the devil weep.

208 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ABDamola(m): 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
doctokwus:
This report almost made me to shed tears.But it was patently obvious from the nauseating attacks on GMB person by Fayose that that man is capable of descending to any depraved depths to have his way.
It also explains y GEJ and PDP have been trying to use all types of tactics to either disqualify buhari or have d elections shifted;they have clearly seen GMB wud win and there is no method to rig the election.
I have been telling people;when GEJ leaves office come may 29,the kinds of things that wud be revealed about his regime wud be enough to even make the devil weep.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by bamidele029: 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
See o, I always knew that Fayose and Obanikoro are touts

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by Jesusloveyou: 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
I can't believe this,nigeria army with president,kai we are not save,who shall save us,please God,give me buhari for change.

36 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ABDamola(m): 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
I can't believe this,nigeria army with president,kai we are not save,who shall save us,please God,give me buhari for change.
Our army has bin politicised!!!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ziccoit: 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
The gentle looking GEJ is a deadly snake. Trust this man with your life and you are gone 6feet below the Earth surface.

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by emiye(m): 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
ABDamola:
Mod. Fp pls
your report has no source, include the source to increase the chances of it making frontpage.
Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by thunderrider: 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
Feeful !!!
Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
Gej and credible elections. Smh I was wondering why "order from above" was flying all over the place.

Your plans has failed.

18 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by Ojiofor: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Firefire:
Hey Feee ceee
Fawaaaaaaa grin

6 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by ABDamola(m): 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
CHANGE is here....
Nov. 14th, oppression we condone not!
Nov. 14th, We shall all put an end 2 d clueless engime!
Nov. 14th, We shall usher in a new Nigeria!

14 Likes

Re: How Obanikoro, Fayose, Uba & Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election- Saharareporters by emmabowin(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2015
The Ekiti election was clearly won by the PDP and Fayose nor the Pdp need not rig the election. It was clear as daylight that the people of Ekiti wanted Fayose.this of course, is an APC gimmick

33 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle / Final Solution To Corruption In Nigeria / Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.