Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,804 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 (997 Views)

MMM: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's KICC Loses $4.8 Million / How To Understand Mathew 10:34 / Complete Breakdown Of Mathew 24:29-30 Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 by farellstone: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2015
prayers in most of these new generational churches are so much of repetition,plz let those with deep knowlegde of this topic elaborate on this topic so children of God will know how to pray as not to pray amiss.
Re: What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 by Hawx(m): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2015
Good question! Also, waiting patiently to learn!
Re: What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 by thorpido(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
What do you mean by prayers in these new generational churches are so much of repetition?Kindly cite examples.

By the way,Jesus spoke of vain repetitions.What he meant by that is that the heathen usually prayed routine prayers which were often repetitions and such prayers were usually not heartfelt prayers but 'religious' practices.
Re: What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 by vest(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
christ condem vain repetition nt repetition in itself jst like God condem using his name vainly Bt Does Nt Condem The Use Of His Name. A Vain Repetition Occurs Way U Say A Prayer Mindlessly Thinking That God Wil Hear U Only When U Repeat It Again Nd Again.
There Nttn Wrng If I Tel My Father That I Love Him Repeatiously With A Sincere Heart.
Re: What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 by farellstone: 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
vest:
christ condem vain repetition nt repetition in itself jst like God condem using his name vainly Bt Does Nt Condem The Use Of His Name. A Vain Repetition Occurs Way U Say A Prayer Mindlessly Thinking That God Wil Hear U Only When U Repeat It Again Nd Again.
There Nttn Wrng If I Tel My Father That I Love Him Repeatiously With A Sincere Heart.
thank you,i understand now.
Re: What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 by Vinx4Christ(m): 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
Just like the prophet of Baal
"And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made." (1 Kings 18:26).

Some people can call Jesus I need a car or husband from 9am to 12noon thinking God will Answer them in so doing this is call vain repetition.

But nothing wrong with praying "Jesus I need wisdom" @ 9am then later @12 u pray again Jesus I need wisdom just like Jesus did
"And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words." (Matthew 26:44).

So vain repetition is when ur Pastor tell u to mention Jesus 21 times Holy ghost fire 7 times as if when u call Jesus the first time He did not hear.

i hope this help.
Stay Bless
Re: What Are Vain Repetition The Bible Condemned In Mathew 6:7 by johnw74: 2:11am On Feb 07, 2015
I believe that saying the rosary, the hail mary, over and over again is vain repetition.
We are not to pray to mary a human being or saints-human beings, or angels, but to God.
Jesus prayed only to the Father.

(1) (Reply)

Photo. Wow! See A Post From A Malawian Pastor / Today Is The Nativity Of Our Blessed Mother Mary. The Birth Of Mary / #lagoscitywidecrusade Live @ Jakande Today 13-09-2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.