Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? (13457 Views)

I Am Sure You Haven't Seen This TV Series! / Do You Still Remember This TV Series / Who Remembers This TV Series Called Terrahawks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by kestolove95(m): 2:07am On Feb 07, 2015
Today's fast-paced world where information about most things, including the secrets behind the makings of a film, is readily available on the internet has taken away some vintage sensations. And one of these is the pleasure of getting terrified while watching a horror movie.Now, even kids know the secrets behind most horror flicks, just like they know that Santa Claus who visits their school is probably one of their teachers. Most horror flicks are now emphasising stunts, hoping that will provide more attention because even video games are now as gory as a horror film can be.However, it's a different tale entirely about two decades down the line. In the late ‘80s, a drama series aired on the Nigerian Television Authority that was capable of provoking a ‘brown trouser' time for both children and adults alike. It stood at par with Hollywood flicks including ‘Evil Dead' and ‘The Devil Dog' in its ability to make viewers shiver with fear. It was the Hot Cash series.The series chronicled the diabolic tale of an unfortunateyoung man popularly called Willy Willy whose brother (was it uncle?), out of desperation, sacrificed him in a money-making ritual. The money came and all was going rosy for the wicked brother (uncle?) until the wrath of Willy Willy decided to return and haunt the entire village, starting off with taking revenge first on his murderer.The storyline, believed to be a common practice within many communities, made the series appear so real thatit left a long-lasting fearful feel. Typical of most moral-teaching films, the series was plotted such that the ghost of Willy Willy only attacked people who had exhibited greed or had bad intentions.Although there was a form of comical appeal in some episodes, the seriousness of the series always meant the moral got more attention with the comical feats rarely taking away the terror. The after-effect of watching also provided parents with a virtual babysitter; kids had better behave lest they summon the powder-faced man in a white garment - Willy Willy.Now Imagine If Freddie Kreuger the Dreammaster met Appearance from NTA Benin horror Show and jason Voorhees Locked Horns with Willy Willy in a Nollywood vs Hollywood Royal Horror Rumble ?ok who is Appearance ?some old school Benin dude should inform us lol !

1 Like

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by Extom(m): 2:54am On Feb 07, 2015
God!!! shocked shocked shocked
Bros, you will never understand the kind of nostalgic feeling that you just unearthed in my tommy embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by Nobody: 4:20am On Feb 07, 2015
How come no one has tape recordings of the show? Not even NTA plays re-runs of it.
Its like the show disappeared from history and is now confined only to the minds of 80s babies.
Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by kestolove95(m): 10:06am On Feb 07, 2015
charix:
How come no one has tape recordings of the show? Not even NTA plays re-runs of it.
Its like the show disappeared from history and is now confined only to the minds of 80s babies.
I have it in ma fone

1 Like

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by kestolove95(m): 10:07am On Feb 07, 2015
Extom:
God!!! shocked shocked shocked
Bros, you will never understand the kind of nostalgic feeling that you just unearthed in my tommy embarassed embarassed embarassed
hahahaah...u knw fear am reach me back den

1 Like

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by Urine: 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
The type of fear Willy Willy ghost brought into my life as a kid was something else, to make matters worse NEPA always had a funny way of messing up later in the evening after watching it.

6 Likes

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by joseph1832(m): 2:55am On Feb 10, 2015
Wow! I remember Willy Willy, but one movie that scared the hell outta me then was 'The Devil Dog'. As an adult, I've searched for it to no avail.

1 Like

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by kokoA(m): 3:32am On Feb 10, 2015
As I dey type so I still dey fear sef.. Just mention the name "willy willy" to me as a kid and I can give you my meat, wash my uniform, arrange my room, do my assignment, take my bath, etc.. Lol.. The fear of willy willy was the beginning of good sleep at night then grin

1 Like

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 10, 2015
Oh Ma Lawd. This op just creeper me up again...as I read dis thread with my lights off...I quick get up on the lights. ...willy willy gave me the creeps in the 80's. I even remembered we lived near a small forest back then.
Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by dBard: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2015
Urine:
The type of fear Willy Willy ghost brought into my life as a kid was something else, to make matters worse NEPA always had a funny way of messing up later in the evening after watching it.

Damn right..
scary as he'll..

especially that grave appearance scenes. lol

2 Likes

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by expozey(f): 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
Urine:

Exactly.
Many of the scenes were filmed beside our house but I didn't have the heart to go there.
The cemetery scenes were the most scary for me
Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by Urine: 8:56am On Feb 23, 2015
expozey:

Exactly.
Many of the scenes were filmed beside our house but I didn't have the heart to go there.
The cemetery scenes were the most scary for me

WOW! Are you serious? Hehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by expozey(f): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2015
Urine:

WOW! Are you serious? Hehehehehehehe

Yes I am. Kids around the area liked aunty nchelem alot.
Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by Ignatio(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2015
Picture... I've been yearning to see a picture of Willy Willy again.
Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by ceejay80s(m): 8:49am On Mar 05, 2015
The name is HOT CASH , shown on nta on Mondays at 10pm
Scary then,
Hot cash was aired early 90s and not 80s

2 Likes

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by phantom(m): 5:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hot Cash was an NTA PH Production.i think it actually starter airing in the late 80's.

I drive past that graveyard once in a while.Its still as it is with that familiar headless statue....
Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by nairalady(f): 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by jemmabond(f): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
ceejay80s:
The name is HOT CASH , shown on nta on Mondays at 10pm
Scary then,
Hot cash was aired early 90s and not 80s

I lived and schooled in Port Harcourt during the 80’s, and I can confirm Hot Cash was filmed during that time, not in the 90's. My friend's sister said she knew people who went to the live shows when the cast went on tour. People were really upset when the ghost didn’t vanish in their presence!

1 Like

Re: Willy-willy Don Die,kill And Go(na Who Killa Am)?who Remember This Tv Series? by dfrost: 2:13am On Dec 07, 2017
kokoA:
As I dey type so I still dey fear sef.. Just mention the name "willy willy" to me as a kid and I can give you my meat, wash my uniform, arrange my room, do my assignment, take my bath, etc.. Lol.. The fear of willy willy was the beginning of good sleep at night then grin

cheesy grin Gosh. I was discussing the drama with one of my childhood friends and we laughed about it and how NTA scammed us as kids.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Slams $1,000 Fee On Nigerian Actors / Your Favourite News Station And Broadcaster / Where Can I Download Boruto Episode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.