Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,463 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC (16376 Views)

PIB: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Listed As Host Communities / I Attend Training But Couldnt Find My Name On Allowance List.(inec ADHOC) / Anambra PDP Senatorial List: INEC Clears Andy Uba, Stella Oduah, Ekwunife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by drsolob2(m): 6:23am On Feb 07, 2015
The Independent National Electoral
Commission has listed Kano, Kaduna and
Lagos as the states leading in the
collection of Permanent Voter Cards.
The electoral body said it was committed
to its earlier position that the Temporary
Voter Cards would not be allowed for
voting during the next general elections.
The INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega,
in his submission to the Council of State
meeting presided over by President
Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday, said the
commission would not reverse its
decision to use PVCs for the elections in
order to enhance the credibility of the
polls.
A copy of the submission titled:
“Preparations for the 2015 general
elections: Progress report,” presented to
the Council of State meeting by Jega
stated that a total of 45,098,876 PVCs
had been collected across the country as
of Wednesday.
A document tagged “Attachment 2”
attached to Jega’s presentation claimed
that the figure represents 65.81 per cent
of the 68,833,476 total number of
registered voters nationwide.
The document indicated that 3,190,417
voters had collected their PVCs out of the
4,975,701 registered voters in Kano State
representing 64.11 per cent of the
registered voters.
In Kaduna State, 2,976,628 voters,
representing 87.36 per cent, have
collected their cards out of 3,407,222
registered voters.
In Lagos State, 2,267,039 voters,
representing 38.39 per cent, have
collected their PVCs out of 5,905,852
registered voters.
In Katsina State, 2,245,303 voters (79.40
per cent) have collected their cards out
of 2,827,943 registered voters.
Bayelsa State has the least number of
voters with PVCs. In that state, 386,125
voters (63.26 per cent) have collected
their cards out of 610,373 registered
voters.
In Abuja, 464,769 voters (52.73 per cent)
have collected their cards out of 881,472
registered voters.
In Ekiti State, 496,536 voters (67.83 per
cent) have collected their PVCs out of
732,021 registered voters.
Jega, however, said the commission
would not conduct elections with TVCs
because they (the TVCs) had no chips
and could therefore not be
authenticated by card readers.
He added that if TVCs were allowed,
millions of people who were involved in
multiple registration and whose names
had been removed from voters register
for the next elections would approach
polling units on election days, whereas
their names would not be in the register.
The INEC chairman said, “The nation has
invested a lot in the Card Readers and
Permanent Voters Cards technology and
the commission believes that using them
in the 2015 general elections would
confer remarkable transparency and
credibility to the electoral process.
“There have been demands that the
commission should revert to the use of
TVCs issued during the 2011 registration
and the subsequent Continuous Voters
Registration.
“The TVCs have no chips and therefore
cannot be verified or authenticated by
the card readers. Also, there are more
than four million cases of multiple
registration; people with TVCs, who have
been removed from the certified register
of voters for the 2015 elections.
“Once the use of TVCs is allowed, many
of these people would inundate polling
units on election day; their names will
not be in the register, and they would
start agitation that they have been
‘disenfranchised’ as was the case during
the Anambra State governorship
elections in November 2013.
“In any case, people who collected PVCs
no longer have TVCs because they used
them to exchange for PVCs.
“Additionally, a high percentage of voters
had to use the attestation forms
provided to collect their PVCs due to loss
of TVCs on account of floods, insurgency,
etc.”
Meanwhile, Jega regretted that due to
funding constraints, the commission
could not do enough hands-on training
for its Presiding Officers and Assistant
Presiding Officers on the technology of
the PVCs and card readers.

www.punchng.com/news/kano-kaduna-lagos-top-pvc-collection-list-inec/

1 Like

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 07, 2015
No rationale for poll shift

7 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:05am On Feb 07, 2015
Vote for APC

vote in buhari/osinbajo

APC.............................change
Change......................jonathan

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by spott(m): 7:24am On Feb 07, 2015
if i hear se Buhari no win this election...... no wonder Jona dey ginja for postponement ooooo

The fear of Buhari is the beginning of election postponement grin

Sai Buhari

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by resty4(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2015
Apc states. Kaduna will soon fall to Apc 2.
PGJ in trouble but he will win.

3 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:41am On Feb 07, 2015
I am not surprised Lagos is on that list. I live in Lagos and i can tell you that the Governor has really tried with the way he sponsored adverts for PVC collection and he has even given holidays for it. If others can follow his lead then we wont even be comparing

20 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by size38: 7:55am On Feb 07, 2015
Instead of my people in the Niger Delta and south-East to go and collect their PVCs, they will be on Nairaland every day abusing other tribes. The south-easterners will prefer going to open their shops everyday including sundays instead of going to get their pvcs. While my Niger delta people prefer running errant for politicians including killing and maiming others for peanuts. Yet, they still want GEJ to win. How? Even as am not going to vote GEJ again because I don't believe in his leadership style, let those who still believe do the needful.

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by BlackTechnology: 8:02am On Feb 07, 2015
Produce and distribute all PVCs

That's not a rocket science cool

4 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 07, 2015
They are d states dat need CHANGE quickly

7 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Starthemes(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2015
My pvc 4 sale pls a serious buyer shuld pls email me

1 Like

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Samunique(m): 8:31am On Feb 07, 2015
After denying many of us living in SS our PVC. I've been going up and down from my ward to INEC office since December up till now they keep giving us one excuse or the other, I'm still going there today.

One more funny thing is, "go to INEC office and meet no one working".
Jega must explain this !!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by deeboiii: 8:40am On Feb 07, 2015
Jega is working.... Election must hold on feb 14... Operation no valentine.

12 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Lordseyad(m): 8:49am On Feb 07, 2015
Who go top b4
Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by lilprinze: 8:49am On Feb 07, 2015
GEJ till Buhari becomes young.

3 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 07, 2015
After trying to get a job for so long without any success i decided it's time to start a small business. I'm currently looking at laundry services, football viewing center or a business center. i need you to advice me on any of the listed businesses. which is more profitable and requires less capital to start up? I have raised 150k which is the capital i intend to start with. if you have any other business suggestions, kindly drop your comments. God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2015
The fact remains that at least 10 million voters won't be able to collect their PVC's due to INEC's distribution policy.
INEC is a doing a very poor job at sensitizing and informing the public about the status of their pvc's.
10-20 million voters will be disenfranchised this month because of INEC's poor communication strategy.
The leadership of INEC should bow their heads in shame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by mrofficial(m): 8:52am On Feb 07, 2015
Bingo! grin

1 Like

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by tola9ja: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2015
PLEASE LISTEN

How Obanikoro, Chris Uba, Omisore, Olubolade, Nigerian Army General Rigged Fayose Into Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqE7TX2Nhc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by tola9ja: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2015
IF GMB DOESN'T WIN THE ELECTION MODERATORS DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Capitano1(m): 8:53am On Feb 07, 2015
Those are the most populated places in Naija na,no doubt

SWEAT TOO MUCH Call now or order now as offer last
...To your staying dry
Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2015
Northern states do better at political mobilisation than Southern states

Anyway....the moral of this whole tale is....our fire brigade approach to things will be our constant problem.

If the PVC thing had statred in 2012.....and had continued with continous distribution until a month to the election....allowing for adequate time...we won't be in this mess.

And I am sad to say....it is all the PDP led govt's fault.

7 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by kate3: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2015
CAN CORRUPTION FIGHT CORRUPTION
NIGERIANS CHOOSE BETWEEN LIGHT AND DARKNESS..

A man who had in the past contested presidential election several times (2003, 2007, 2011). In each case he limited his campaigns to a few states in the North and Abuja, probably because of financial contraints and other reasons best known to him. Suddenly Buhari has mustard enough financial muscles throught corrupt political supporters and has taken his campaign to almost all the states. This is because of the support he has been recieving from corrupt politicians and current APC governors who has stolen from their states' revenues and divert all to Buhari election campaigns to the extent that their workers salaries are not forthcoming. APC governors devise all sort means to raise funds. That is where see all sorts of evil and wicked taxation. They created and duplicated agencies to defraud defenceless masses. Now the big questions are; How is Buhari and his current supporters raising their campaign funds?. What are their investments that yeilded such funds?. Who are these donors?. Are they not those who have/are occupying politically elected positions, entrusted with state's funds? How did these benevolent donors acquired their wealth? Can a product of corruption really fight CORRUPTION as they want us to believe? Corruption that has gotten great grand children since 1960 in this country or a new breed of corruption is what he want to fight. No one can live inside corruption and fight corruption. Corruption will swallow him.
It is clear that this retired old general cannot build gallows for corrupt politicians presently backing him. By accepting their funds he has become an accomplics, so those that sees him as a way to end or reduce corruption are not only PRETENDERS BUT VIABLE ASSOCIATES IN CORRUPTION. Corruption is a deadly viruse, like Ebola we should not let it stay. Let us join hands to stop corruption, it takes only a psychosis to imagine solution where there is none.

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION
Some nigerians seen President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as the most criticized and abused president in nigeria. They said he is weak just because they don't know what democracy entails. The best president Nigeria has ever got who observes the rule of law. He is God's gift and a blessing to nigeria. He gave nigerians freedom of expression. A military general may not allow such freedom because one can not give what he don't have. Is only fools that call wickedness discipline. Go and check Buhari past records and his present utterances. He doesn't believe in rule of law, all he believe in is Sharia. No matter how civil a general may pretend to be don't forget he still have military blood flowing in his veins and artineries .Remember what one in the face of provocation did, he sent soldiers to demolish towns in Rivers and Plateau state. All military men that has ruled nigeria from the late 70s to the present were not comfortable with the freedom of expression even in democratic setup. Have we forget the draconia decree 4 of 1983 and gaging of the press. The nefarious incarceration of two journalists (Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor). Today it is admissible that decree may not see the light of the day but what about the evolution of technicalities for witchhunting available for those that occupy the corridors of power. Nigerians be warned!!!

WICKEDNESS/EVIL
Taking lives and vendatta killing have been the stock in trade of those who rule this country with military blood in their veins. A retired military president in the past ordered soldiers to open fire against defenceless civilian communities in Nigeria. This matter is still a problem to be addressed effectively because nothing is enough to compensate for a soul taken in cold blood. A parcel bomb was first sent in this country by military men to an innocent journalist. We also witnessed killing of three nigerians with law that has not been enacted before they were arrested. Nigerians if we make mistake again who will bell the cat when he start to display his characteristics (real attitude). If i am to advise, i will advise that no one that has wore khaki should be given chance in democratic dispensation. Today they may not tie people to the stake but may likely deepen their behaviourial patterns in the most clandestine manner as they are professionally trained to eliminate using various means and devices. The leadership of Generals in Nigeria even in democratic dispensation has proven themselves to be above the law. Remember Justice Oputa panel when they were asked to come and give their accounts.
They have been characterised with various forms of intimidations running against the norms of democracy.
One who was once tired and retired has nothing to offer this country escape words of advice. What is the retirement age of a public servant in nigeria todays. Remember that the Bible says young men are people of vision while old men dream dreams and are devoid of positive actions. Let the old men give the youths chance in nigeria for us to move forward.

11 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by dulaman: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2015
when the other sate are suppose to go and collect their PVC,they are here ranting,claiming busy, working,don't have time. while the so called illiterate are busy collecting their PVC. and now you want election to be postponed. in fact it will even avail them the opportunity to collect 100% keep claiming educated and enlightened.

14 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by LordMecuzy(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2015
Wooooow I don't see any need why our Elections should be postponed.......... JEGA a patriotic and disciplined Nigerian.....

Febuhari14

13 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Klasique911(m): 8:57am On Feb 07, 2015
Sai APC

2 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Mogidi: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0SzHiZkkaE

We shall resist APC thumb printing PVC at beer parlour by all means necessary.

5 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2015
Apc knew the power of having a pvc.
PDP was thinking it will be rigging as usual and so no need to get PVC.

9 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by gift01: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2015
Chai... Bayelsa just over two hundred thousand. I pity Gej...

10 Likes

Re: Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC by scobaba: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2015
APC strong points........let the tournament begin...in shang sung's voice(mortal kombat)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emefiele Tours Farms In Kebbi (Photos) / Stop Fighting Your Brother, Northern Youths Caution Igbo Politicians / APC NEC Passes Vote Of Confidence On Odigie-oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.