Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:58 PM

How I Got My Dream Job After An Online Short Course-dont Take This For Granted - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got My Dream Job After An Online Short Course-dont Take This For Granted (1560 Views)

I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed / Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got My Dream Job After An Online Short Course-dont Take This For Granted by supoadexy: 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Let me share this with everybody here so I don’t look selfish. I just got a job at the Nigeria office of a multinational private equity firm. Pay and benefits is very ok….lol…I wnt say more than…its good!
I never applied for the job and seriously don’t know anything about them until now. There is this Institute that sent me an sms early November last year…Institute of Finance and Strategic Business Management…to take a short online course on Global Finance and Investments .

How they got my number and details I don’t know. They said I am one of the top hundred selected for the category. Programme fee was meant to be N96,000 but they said the scheme comes with 90% discounts, so I paid just N9,600.
I took the course that spanned for 8 weeks online ( on my tab) and seriously it was worth more than a million naira to me. I got a certificate in the course and to my surprise less than two weeks after completion I got a call from my present place of work that i was invited on the professional recommendation of the Institute for a management trainee position.

The short course was like an expo for the Interview ..thank God I took it seriously. I think they have schemes in management, finance, accounting etc. They are very thorough … maybe this can help someone. You can send email for further details or your cvs to their enquiries@ifsbm.org.ng. or visit their website and get a contact num there. Even if you don’t get a job through it like I did I’m sure you will love the knowledge. All the best guys. Supo Adeagbo (supoadeagbo@yahoo.com)
Re: How I Got My Dream Job After An Online Short Course-dont Take This For Granted by kestolove95(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
calm down..we sabi una type

3 Likes

Re: How I Got My Dream Job After An Online Short Course-dont Take This For Granted by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
kestolove95:
calm down..we sabi una type
Lolzzz!!!!
Re: How I Got My Dream Job After An Online Short Course-dont Take This For Granted by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 08, 2015
Shey na scam ni?

(1) (Reply)

See Reason Why My Colleague Was Mad At Me Because I Called Him By His Surname / Management Consulting Grades & Salaries In Nigeria / What O&G Professional Cert Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.