Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) (5478 Views)

“Bury Me In Her Coffin”– Dying Boy Pleads To Be Laid To Rest With His Mum [PICS] / Late Nollywood Actor Laid To Rest, Pregnant Wife Attends Burial Ceremony (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by boluyongp(m): 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
Professor Segun Adesina, a renowned educationist and the Iroko I and founder of the Keggites Club worldwide has been laid to rest at the age of 74. Keggites Club which he formed during his activism years in the university is very much active till date. Keggite was formed as a socio-cultural platform to allow students relax from academic stress, preserve culture and tradition and to encourage members to attain academic excellence. His burial ceremony was graced by notable personalities and associates coming in from all over the world. About 800 keggites worldwide reportedly indicated interest in participating in the mega gyration in his honour. The gyration lasted from evening till about 6am the next day. Professor Adesina was a seasoned intellectual who made his mark in Nigeria's education sector and a mentor to many.

His son, Ope-Segun Adesina has since been coronated the Iroko II worldwide of the club by the World Chief and its leaders. The Keggites Club is known for their closeness to tradition, their humorous fun songs and their love of palm wine.

Daddy Prof. as popularly called will be greatly missed by family, friends, mentees, students, associates and relatives. May the soul of this great icon rest in peace. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by OracleMxNelson(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2015
Leaving behind a national legacy of palm wine... now that's something

6 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by dkronicle(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2015
palmwine family
Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by davdandam(m): 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
grin
Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by freshness2020: 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2015
..reping I'll ya du lake!
May your lingering memories be long sir!

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by widowhusband: 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
How i wish its all about palmy, the more u look the less u see.

3 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by axortedbabe(f): 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ndi ofe mmanu sef..
Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by floragregs(f): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
Eyaaa! The gods are wise! grin rip to him

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
rest in peace bro,altho i dnt c such a club as an achievement
Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by Missmossy(f): 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
The Keggites are a funny set of people on campus, RIP to the deceased.

2 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by dsolo(m): 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
R.I.P on finger salute the gods are gbesoke

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by alotofgrace(m): 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2015
embarassed

Lakatete dakamete lagbuah! Poka to the imbimsru megisrun...the orinagbua....hats raised

2 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by apcmustwin(f): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
repping ilia du zauzau.

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by hedonistic: 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
This is a legend right here. RIP Sir.

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by supremus: 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
[size=20pt]SUPREMUS INFORMAJARA!!!
May u ol wok, feminis to say mina willa awilla awullus LSF olu adoff mie koko badamustikally 2 uanesis metusala ADESHINA as u rotated to d ILYA GOD cos in the midst of Apiness dere iz a brutal Danja so less see caution nd apply condom. WHEN I REMEMBER REMEMBER I REMEMBER METUSELA ADESHINA AHEI AHEI WATER RUNING DOWN MY CHICK. Please the ause rat shd telewaya d bush rat for d keske emu oguro I have seriously Landed with Virgin Airwayz. d godz![/size]

13 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by dubylhover(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
supremus:
[size=20pt]SUPREMUS INFORMAJARA!!!
May u ol wok, feminis to say mina willa awilla awullus LSF olu adoff mie koko badamustikally 2 uanesis metusala ADESHINA as u rotated to d ILYA GOD cos in the midst of Apiness dere iz a brutal Danja so less see caution nd apply condom. WHEN I REMEMBER REMEMBER I REMEMBER METUSELA ADESHINA AHEI AHEI WATER RUNING DOWN MY CHICK. Please the ause rat shd telewaya d bush rat for d keske emu oguro I have seriously Landed with Virgin Airwayz. d godz![/size]

entity lakamoi,at dis atima,u hav seriously landed,walk nd neva stumble..nigeria wink

7 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by supremus: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
dubylhover:

entity lakamoi,at dis atima,u hav seriously landed,walk nd neva stumble..nigeria wink
Dazes b long

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by Les: 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
In as much as i sympathise with the family, i kinda find this thread funny!
Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
May ur son never resemble ur landlord.. RIP sir..
Remain Karid...

#ILYA DU HAMMER#

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by kenex4ever(m): 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
axortedbabe:
Ndi ofe mmanu sef..
Y r u typing nonsense? Must u tribalize everything? D man is a legend! May he RIP

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by luv2talk(m): 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2015
For the nationa peace and comradious igbaladu, before u comente on this thread, Apply your thermocool, rogade and ekute!!!

No invaders pls... rest in peace baba cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by olisa4(m): 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
W
Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by thaoriginator: 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
Broadkastin live from ilya ndu lasgidi.. I drop dynamitical salutation to the agbakulagba of gbogbotigbo.. Ur head is kapable. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
RIP Sir, parle comprecus arentha lagoon tue east wise mankind.

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by CrazyScientist: 10:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What are they Saying?! ^^^

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by Purehuman(m): 10:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
I loved this association while in school but the people in it then weren't friendly.

You know what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by Holywizard: 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
rip! hope dey will plant palm trees on his grave so dat he will be tapping dem in de underworld

2 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by boluyongp(m): 11:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
axortedbabe:
Ndi ofe mmanu sef..

That thing has reoccured again, go and get your pills. angry

3 Likes

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by elobyobi: 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
My professor of Neurosurgery was once a Kegite. Fun dude. RIP.

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by elobyobi: 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
My professor of Neurosurgery was once a Kegite. Not to mention the mini-kegite club that was formed at NYSC camp in Osun (Block K pipo, u know urselves). Fun dudes. RIP.

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by uchennamani(m): 12:55am On Feb 08, 2015
Smartestelvis:
rest in peace bro,altho i dnt c such a club as an achievement
You must be out of your senses to call the first Adam chief of the most suprimus and gallant club in the entire universe 'a bro.' See danger and apply caution badamostically. An animal dare not comment on a highly and tikard post like this so vuz and vuz very far away. We are sad for such a great loss but we will bear solace on the fact that the gods are wise. They are ever wise.

1 Like

Re: Keggites Club Founder Laid To Rest At 74 (pic) by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 08, 2015
uchennamani:
You must be out of your senses to call the first Adam chief of the most suprimus and gallant club in the entire universe 'a bro.' See danger and apply caution badamostically. An animal dare not comment on a highly and tikard post like this so vuz and vuz very far away. We are sad for such a great loss but we will bear solace on the fact that the gods are wise. They are ever wise.
callin dose Bush run-of-a-mill hags a club is way too overrating puulease,give me a break...back den in school its dirty landmass like dem makes boiz prefered 2 b an alora.....altho i liked d fact dat dey dnt like fights its not as if u ppl are not intocultism,infact, dat ur cabal is jst a perfect disguise...all dese sheeps in wolf clothing like himself n wole shoyika n co deserves no respect coz d landmarm dey have laid down is gonna remain 4 centuries

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG!!! See What Happened In Aba Today (graphic Photos) / Slay Queen Walks Completely Nak*d In Campus After Taking Drugs (video) / Chioma Jazz Is Strong O - Twitter reacts as Davido Snubs Meghan As She Twerks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.