Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup (3122 Views)

Easy Steps To Maintain Your Pure Human Virgin Hairs / How To Maintain The Whiteness Of A Shirt!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by epstitch(f): 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2008
Types of Lipstick
Lip color comes in many forms. Among them are:
Lip Liner - Available in pencils and automatic applicators, used to define lips. It also helps in improving lipstick's staying power and preventing "bleeding", particularly with older women.

Lipstick - The main component in lip color, used to shade the majority of the lip surface. May be frosted, glossy, or matte; available in thousands of shades.

Lip Gloss - A shiny lip covering, either colored, frosted, or clear. Gloss may be applied alone or to add shine to traditional lip color.

How to Apply Lipstick

The right lipstick completes a great look.Apply your lip liner first. Liner should be the same color or a shade slightly lighter than your main lip color -- never darker. Outline your natural lip line. Next, fill in your lips with your lip color. Using a lip brush will help your lipstick stay longer. Add gloss, if desired, and blot your lips with a tissue to remove excess color. Utilize your mirror, everytime, to avoid a rushed, clown-like look.

Tips for Lovely Lips

Looking your best requires a little finesse. For luscious, kissable lips, try the following:

Don't Skip the Liner
- Lip liner gives a defined, elegant look as well as preventing lip color "bleeding."
Avoid Orange and Brown Lip Color Shades - They tend to make teeth look yellow.
Store Lip Color in the Refrigerator - I know it sounds weird, but your color will last longer.
Color Outside the Lines - For plumper lips, apply lip color slightly outside of your normal lip line.

Apply Foundation to your Lips - A thin layer of foundation on your lips will increase your lip color's staying power.
Chapstick - Apply a light layer of chapstick under your lip color to increase its staying power. Plus, your lips will be moisturized and protected from the sun.
Another Tip for Lasting Lip Color - Blot your lips after applying, lightly dust with pressed powder and reapply

for more tips and much more on skin care http://beautybugger(dot)(dot)com

Re: How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by SeaGoddes(f): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2009
and viola u got a kissable lips kiss kiss kiss
Re: How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by Dclique(m): 3:51am On Jan 07, 2009
Omo women dey try o!!!, lmao
Re: How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by sweetmum(f): 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2009
may lips react to all the lipsticks that ever used. can someone recommend lipstik for me?
Re: How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by VENUSS(f): 11:26pm On Jan 19, 2009
my lipstick comes off easliy can anyone rec. a solution.or d cos
Re: How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by drimgal: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2009
my lip peels weneva i use lip gloss, can u recommend 1 dat doesnt or grin grin grin ao to stop the lip peeling
Re: How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by epstitch(f): 6:13am On Aug 01, 2009
Try products from Mary KAY, Sleek, mary Kate and ashley,
Re: How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by Lisakingsdauta: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2010
Wen eva i use lipgloss,my lips get caked ie d whitish line in btw d lip, y?wats d remedy
Re: How To Maintain Your Lip Makeup by Ldivaa(f): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
Use the right lipstick Twitter @Ldivaa @LevresByLdivaa

(1) (Reply)

Quality And Adorable Sandals and Slippers At Wholesales price #1200 / Catalog Of Latest African Fashion Dresses 2019 Photos / 5 Things Ladies Wear That Makes Me Afraid Of Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.