Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

A Sweet Pain - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Sweet Pain (1109 Views)

"Sweet Pain" / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sweet Pain by HerexG(m): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
It was peaceful night out here in the ghetto , one
of those night one would love to sit alone and
ponder deep about life. There was no power in
my house, so I came outside with my earpiece
on listening to Olamide badoo’s song ” Prayer
for client ” . The punch line of the yoruba rap
song was right on point, one of the line caught
my attention

” money no go sweet if owu no dey” ( riches
won’t be valued if there is no poverty),

The very moment i was listening to the song i
was dame broke. I listened to that very line of the
song over and over again, then I paused the Mp3
playing on my phone, I looked up to sky in an
hopeless manner and said to myself

” Baba God shey you dey watch me like dis, all
my clients no gree pay again,” ( God will you
keep watching me like this all my clients have
refused to pay me)

I stood up and started walking away from my
house. Walking aimlessly on the street i saw
kids playing and giggling under the moon, then I
looked by my side, i saw the kids parents also
laying on their mat receiving fresh air right
outside their various houses due to the heat
inside their houses, all thanks to the power
outage. Then I started soliloquizing………

” Which day Chinedu start this game wey him
done dey pop champagne for club ” (sighed)
even just last week here Kunle collect westy of
1000dols why my own case come different na”.
” All these mumu clients wey I get no gree pay,
abeg o heaven shine the light on me” ( All these
my unserious client don’t want to pay me, please
heaven shine the light on me)

From the distance I saw a detached car sit in an
open local mechanic shop, i sat down feeling all
exhausted and tired about life. I rested my head
on the sit, shortly after i got drowned in my
thoughts pondering on how to make it really big
in this big city. A soft sweet air from the west
direction blew, giving me a relaxing feeling and I
went blackout.

The steaming sound of a running car engine
woke me up abruptly, and I suddenly jumped up
and the unhindered light rays coming from sky
almost got my eyes blind and I exclaimed
shading my eyes with my hands from the sun
rays
” aaaah where I dey now” !

Suraju the owner of the mechanic workshop
replied immediately

” Emeka so you no know say na here you sleep
” ( Emeka you don’t know you slept here)

” Really ? O boy I no know when sleep carry me
go o Suraj” ( I don’t know when I slept off Suraj)

Suraju looked at me suspiciously me and said

” hmm o boy I dey suspect you o, for all the
whole place for dis community na my mechanic
workshop you see come sleep Emeka ? ” ( hmm
I’m suspecting you Emeka in all the places in
this community you choose to sleep in my dirty
mechanic shop)

“Suraj abeg leave story, you no go understand
wetin happen jare” ( you won’t understand
Suraju)

” E be like say your landlord don pursue you
comot for house abi” ( it is like your landlord
has evicted you)

” Pursue ke ? you think say I be onigbese like
you ” (do you think I’m a debtor like you)
( sighed)

Then I shabbily stood up from the chair and
involuntary stretched my body, wanting to
leaving, as I was about leaving the mechanic
workshop. Suraju called me back

” Oh boy ! you no go come carry this nonsense
bag you keep here abi ?
(Won’t you carry this nonsense bag you left
here)

” Which bag ? ”

” Abi you don forget say you bring bag come ni
” ( Or have you forgotten you brought bag here)

I looked back towards the direction Suraju was
pointing his hands to. I saw a stuffed school bag,
hmm no wonder this dude was asking whether if
my landlord has evicted me. But that’s not my
bag na, well as a sharp ghetto boy I pretended
as though the bag was mine, so I went back to
pick it up in a kind of manner that you will think
that the bag was actually mine.

” Sorry Suraj I don forget, later things na” ( Sorry
Suraju I have forgotten, will see you later)

Suraju looking at me with total disgust

” yeye boy, make I no see you here tomorrow o” ( Crazy boy, don’t let me see you here tomorrow)

I swiftly picked the bag up wondering what will
be inside it, with my left hand I pretentiously
felt the bag to find out what could be inside it. I
hurriedly left, walking a distance from Suraju’s
workshop , i calmly dropped the bag on the
ground, i bent down and unzipped the bag. Lo
and behold the content of the bag is,
something like an excited electric current ran
through my body as I saw the content in the bag

” OMG ! Wetin be dis ?
Re: A Sweet Pain by michaelmo11(m): 6:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
Nice story, keep it up
Re: A Sweet Pain by Cybershow(m): 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
Nyc story ama folow
Re: A Sweet Pain by HerexG(m): 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
Thanks ya all I'm humbled
Re: A Sweet Pain by HerexG(m): 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jisos thank sir !

I couldn't believe my eyes
" A laptop and a modem in a platter of gold for me just like that, yes I no go need go that cafe again where those rude boys dey thief most of my jobs"
( I won't have to go to that Cyber cafe where those rude boys steal my job)

While talking to myself excitedly Preye passed by hissing at me saying

" Shey this omo Ibo done dey kolo ni, see as him dey talk to himself"
( is this Igbo boy going nuts look at the way he is talking to himself)

And she exclaim " Emeka you don dey mad ni, that Igbo wey dey always smoke go kill you one day"

She walked pass me trying hard to shake her peanut buttocks, I totally ignored her and said this to her hearing

" did I hear a sound of a goat bleating, Isi monkey " ( A monkeys head) (sarcasm)

She eyed me and replied
" Na your mama you dey talk to, olori buruku okurin" ( you are referring to your mother, stupid man)

Fews seconds later Preye went out of sight, I zipped up the bag hurriedly and started walking home. Then I started thinking to myself

" Why I'm even this happy, I have not even tested whether if the laptop and the modem is working "

Excitement was written all over me even in the way I walk, approaching my one room apartment I saw two kids Ibro and Musa playing football. The kids saw me and greeted me excitedly

" Broda welcome " the younger one Musa asked

" Broda Wetin you buy for us now "

With a smile I removed a 20 naira note bill and handed it over to Ibro the older kid

" Take make Una take am go buy biscuit ok" ( Take this use it to buy biscuits for yourselves)

Quickly Ibro accepted the money " Broda thank you sir" and they hurriedly fled. I hurriedly dashed at my door knob twisted it and opened my door, I went inside. Inside my house is nothing but a well neatly arranged matrass, a small portable TV, my cooking utensils, plates and spoon all arranged neatly in a small cupboard. On the floor was a cream color carpet to match with the color I painted the wall. Almost immediately I brought down the bag, unzipped it and brought out the laptop. I opened it and pressed the red power button, I gave out a blipping sound and then off again

" E be like say the battery dey down and this weree people neva bring light " ( I guess the battery is down and this crazy people hasn't restored power yet)

So I laid on my bed faced up, desperately wanting to charge the laptop, I started thinking where to charge up the laptop. All of a sudden I saw a shinning bright ball flashing rays of light into my eyes with excitement I stood up and shouted

" Up NEPA ! " ( A phrase we normally shout when power is restored in my hood)
Re: A Sweet Pain by Cybershow(m): 5:10am On Feb 08, 2015
Oya mak u na kip it up..i dae gbadun u cum cont.
Re: A Sweet Pain by HerexG(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
Like a kid hustling and rushing to open a Santa Claus gift, I hustled to plug in the laptop charger to my white electric extension box. But before I open and closed my eyes, like a quick snap the electric power people interrupted the power again. I crashed on my bed like a wrecking ball landing on my soft matrass bed, I aggressively and uncautiously exclaimed a derogatory word

" F**k ! God punish dis NEPA people, e no go even better for" ( May God punish the people in of nepa , it won't be )
Before I could finish the statement, the light shone right into my eyes

" Aaah Dis weré people don bring their yeye light back " ( This crazy people has restored the power back)

This time I took it slow and casually to charge up the laptop, luckily for me the laptop was charging properly and the device looks sound. Few minutes later I switch on the laptop, to my surprise Chinedu picture pop out on the background picture of the laptop.

" Eeeeh Chinedu ! today must be my lucky day, dis boy wey collect Westy of 500USD just last week, but Wetin come make am forget him laptop " (Chinedu who collected 500USD from Western Union)

Back in Suraju's mechanic workshop, Suraju was carrying on with his daily work when Chinedu looking confused litely tapped Suraju

" Kamoru Wetin na ! "(Kamoru What ?)

" No be Kamoru o na Chinedu " ( Its not Kamoru, its Chinedu)

Suraju turned around hastenly turned around in amusement
" Aahaan Chinedu Wetin carry you come my workshop now, since wey you don dey collect money you don forget us all" ( Chinedu what brought you to my shop, since you started making you have gotten us all)

" See baba no be so o, no mind me joor, abeg no vex" ( I'm sorry, don't be vexed)

" Abegi leave story joor, so Wetin bring you come my workshop ? " ( OK so what brought you to my workshop)

Chinedu now looking more intensely towards the detached car sit

" Hmm abeg no vex o, shey you help me see any school bag for this your workshop" ( Did you see any school bag in this workshop)
Re: A Sweet Pain by HerexG(m): 10:12am On Feb 10, 2015
like huge church bell the word resounded in Suraju's ear and immediately he flashed back to what happened in the early hours of this morning

" Eheen so no be that wére boy get dat bag, no wonder him dey act funny when I am to pick him bag, but Emeka na my sure guy dis Chinedu dey very useless for me" (so that bag didn't actually belongs to Emeka, no wonder her was acting funny when I asked if the bag was his, but Emeka is my friend, Chinedu is useless to me)

Aggressively Chinedu shouted

" No be you I dey talk to ? " (I'm I not talking to you ! )

Like a man brought back to reality Suraju stuttered and replied

" Hmm abeg no vex, I dey try remember if I been see any bag but the bag wey I see na the bag wey my boys dey use keep their tools" ( Please don't be annoyed I was trying to remember if I did see any bag but the bag I saw is my workers tools bag)

Now Chinedu is growing impatient with his eyes turning red, his nerves rising and his eyes bulging out

" OMG ! but the bag suppose dey there now, oya make I see dat ur boys dem bag pointing to his right hand side) ( but the bag is supposed to be there, OK let me see your workers bag)

As Suraju saw that this drama is getting tensed he also raised the tempo higher

" Your fada ( stretching and spreading his five fingers into his face) Na Wetin your bag dey find for my workshop self, Wetin you come do for my workshop ? (An insult, what is your bag doing in my workshop and what are you looking for in my workshop)

( Back in Emeka's room)

" Well if him forget him laptop, Ko kan aiye" ( well if he forgets his laptop is nobody's business)

After the laptop finished booting the device window finally opened , then I sighed and said

" The foolish boy no even put security for him lappy" ( The foolish boy didn't add security to his laptop)

As a very good bad guy that i'm, I quickly opened his email account, i changed his password, and opened all his social media handles and changed their respective passwords. So one after the other I started surfing his accounts , first I started with his Facebook account.......

(1) (Reply)

That Love Story (a Flash Fiction) / OLU (diary Of A Broke Playboy) - Episode One / Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Boy Episode 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.