Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

propaganda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / propaganda (3359 Views)

Hate, Propaganda And The Future Of The East / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Breaking News: AIT, PDP propaganda against GMB failed (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

propaganda by Evvilgenius: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders, postponement of the elections is part of a grand plot by GEJ and his cohorts to hold unto power indefinitely, and this is how.

First, they will claim they want to do a special operation in the North East for a particular span of time (which they've put at 6 weeks presently).
After this 6 weeks, they'll record a degree of success but the insurgency will still be on. They will then demand for another time and say they can't provide adequate security for elections if they've not finished their operation.
Ultimately, they'll state that they can't provide security for elections with because of their North Eastern operations which translates to ELECTION WONT HOLD UNTIL BOKO HARAM IS TOTALLY CRUSHED. And we all know that's not any time soon. This line of action will definitely cause unrest as many will see it as a breech of Nigeria's democratic institution.

Finally, in as much as I have nothing against the military providing internal security during elections, I think internal security is the duty of the police, sss, civil defense etc and these people can go on with their duty if our military insist they all want to go to sambisa forest. Thank you for reading.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: propaganda by Evvilgenius: 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
Further questions the military should answer;
What's the guarantee they'll win this battle (they've been unable to win for years) in 6 weeks?

If the 6 weeks operation is not successful, what's going to happen to the elections?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: propaganda by TechRev: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2015
Its easy to say what you are saying when you are not among the about 30million that will be disenfranchised. Spin all the story you want but those 30million voters need to be heard(by their votes). Ask JEGA why.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: propaganda by enoqueen: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2015
you make sense.

3 Likes

Re: propaganda by Evvilgenius: 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
TechRev:
Its easy to say what you are saying when you are not among the about 30million that will be disenfranchised. Spin all the story you want but those 30million voters need to be heard(by their votes). Ask JEGA why.
Let them declare public holidays on thurs nd friday for mass collection of PVCs if that's the problem. They never said that's the problem though.

7 Likes

Re: propaganda by dunkem21(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
TechRev:

It is pathetic how these people reason. INEC is not ready and Nigerians are yet to get their PVC's and we are here shouting GEJ.

The commander in Chief has promised that Nigerians will not be disenfranchised and that is what we will get.

Anybody not ready to comply should march to kainji dam.

I love this twist. Enough time to finish the job.

GEJ for ever.

9 Likes

Re: propaganda by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ur opinion though but, it doesn't count..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: propaganda by Evvilgenius: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
dunkem21:

It is pathetic how these people reason. INEC is not ready and Nigerians are yet to get their PVC's and we are here shouting GEJ.

The commander in Chief has promised that Nigerians will not be disenfranchised and that is what we will get.

Anybody not ready to comply should march to kainji dam.

I love this twist. Enough time to finish the job.

GEJ for ever.
INEC never said its not ready for the elections. And don't lump me with you online political thugs because if I'm in any camp, the other camp will be in disarray by now.

8 Likes

Re: propaganda by ayindejimmy(m): 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
TechRev:
Do you even know that we have more nigerians with voters card than we had in 2011? Is inec to blame for multiple registration and people who who are dead or have relocated? All the PVCs are ready and collection is ongoing till 13th so where did you get your 30m from? Do you know how many people colleted today? Most people without voter's card in my area, Festac. Collected today. And the exercise is ongoing. Its not every party that has billions to wwaste like pdp

5 Likes

Re: propaganda by Raiders: 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
TechRev:
30 millions are not disenfranchised like you stated. Most of the PVCs are ready to collect but some people don't want to collect their PVC. Today INEC stated they have distributed over 70% of the PVC and people can still collect till Feb 13th. The problem with Nigerians is we always wait till the last mins to do stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: propaganda by ayindejimmy(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
dunkem21:

Anybody not ready to comply should march to kainji dam.i love this twist. Enough time to finish the job.

GEJ for ever.

It's most disturbing how you reason. When did inec said it was not ready? Even if the election is postponed for a year some people will till be disenfranchised. Because they've relocated or they're incapacitated on the election day.

8 Likes

Re: propaganda by dunkem21(m): 10:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
Evvilgenius:

INEC never said its not ready for the elections. And don't lump me with you online political thugs because if I'm in any camp, the other camp will be in disarray by now.

Kiakiakiakia. Sorry o.

Abeg, enter my camp abi na Boko Haram camp you wan go shocked

grin
Re: propaganda by stevecantrell: 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
YES!! GEJ Forever and ever and ever...GEJ would have been the greatest "G.O" in Africa with hundreds of millions brain-numb followers.

I think he missed his calling in life.

2 Likes

Re: propaganda by dunkem21(m): 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
ayindejimmy:

It's most disturbing how you reason. When did inec said it was not ready? Even if the election is postponed for a year some people will till be disenfranchised. Because they've relocated or they're incapacitated on the election day.

INEC is not ready; quote me. You may need to check my other posts on this postponement of elections to know that I dont just make wild guesses.

If I were the INEC chairman, Nigerians would all have gotten their PVC's by Dec. 31, 2014. How can you say that they are ready where half of the masses dont have their PVC's a week before the election?

Sham!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: propaganda by dunkem21(m): 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
stevecantrell:
YES!! GEJ Forever and ever and ever...GEJ would have been the greatest "G.O" in Africa with hundreds of millions brain-numb followers.

I think he missed his calling in life.

Yeah, the dude missed his calling in life.

He is now calling the shots in Life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: propaganda by jamex93(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
see Mr poster INEC is an independent body, and they can make decisions according to how they tink is the Best.....

see d truth is even with or without the postponements Jona till #2019
Re: propaganda by TechRev: 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
Raiders:
30 millions are not disenfranchised like you stated. Most of theV PCs are ready to collect but some people don't want to collect their PVC. Today INEC stated they have distributed over 70% of the PVC and people can still collect till Feb 13th. The problem with Nigerians is we always wait till the last mins to do stuffs.

And why should INEC determine who falls under your "most"? Every registered Nigerian should vote. Lucky you, you have collected yours. I know people that are tired of going to their LGA repeatedly and still cant get theirs. JEGA had 4yrs to do this. Its a pity he is still talking 70% please what is 30% of 63million??
Every registered Nigerian should get his PVC and be able to use it. INEC failed!

2 Likes

Re: propaganda by Raiders: 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
TechRev:

And why should INEC determine who falls under your "most"? Every registered Nigerian should vote. Lucky you, you have collected yours. I know people that are tired of going to their LGA repeatedly and still cant get theirs. JEGA had 4yrs to do this. Its a pity he is still talking 70% please what is 30% of 63million??
Every registered Nigerian should get his PVC and be able to use it. INEC failed!
Even if the election is move to 2019, every Nigerians will still not be able to collect their PVC. You should also consider that millions of people have died since 2011, Many people have also move from the place they register and some people just don't want to collect their PVC. Also previous elections in Nigeria was less than 50% in turn out. In fact it was 32% turn out in lagos in 2011.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: propaganda by Evvilgenius: 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
jamex93:
see Mr poster INEC is an independent body, and they can make decisions according to how they tink is the Best....

But the chairman of INEC has said he's under pressure to postpone the elections. That's coersion, and it's not an element of independence.

6 Likes

Re: propaganda by TechRev: 10:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
Raiders:
Even if the election is move to 2019, every Nigerians will still not be able to collect their PVC. You should also consider that millions of people have died since 2011, Many people have also move from the place they register and some people just don't want to collect their PVC. Also previous elections in Nigeria was less than 50% in turn out. In fact it was 32% turn out in lagos in 2011.

yes you are right but still millions go to their LGA regularly and yet still have not collected their PVC. Now these millions am talking about are still alive, have not relocated and want to vote (hence going to their LGA regularly). INEC failed.

1 Like

Re: propaganda by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
For the past 6 years they've been telling us they couldnt defeat insurgency, and now they'll defeat it in 6 weeks. Azazi has been vindicated, PDP is boko Haram.

5 Likes

Re: propaganda by Caseless: 11:10pm On Feb 07, 2015
GEJ head go follow this election. I'm very sure of this.

3 Likes

Re: propaganda by Evvilgenius: 9:46am On Feb 08, 2015
Maple:
For the past 6 years they've been telling us they couldnt defeat insurgency, and now they'll defeat it in 6 weeks. Azazi has been vindicated, PDP is boko Haram.
Re: propaganda by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:
This election postponement is most embarrassing and a testament that Preofessor Attahiru Jega is an incompetent and clueless dude just like the President. This is the first time since we returned to democracy that the INEC Boss will openly take orders from the NSA, the Military and members of pro-PDP as regards election scheduling and rescheduling. Since when has the Military activities determines elections scheduling? The Electoral Act and the Constitution did not say NSA, Military and INEC should determine election date. Even if there is crises in a part of the country, Section 26(1) of the Electoral Act 2010 (amended) permit INEC to hold election in the peaceful area and reschedule for the trouble zone at a convenient date. Why can't Jega invoke this section and exclude Gombe, Borno, Adamawa and Yobe from Feb 14 and Feb 28 poll until March 28 and Aprill 11 respectively? Since when do we need the Military for election? What is the Statutory duties of the Police, the NSCDC, and by extension the DSS with respect to internal security? If personnels are not enough then why not bring in other paramilitary to assist? Must it be the Military? Was the Military used in 2003, 2007 and 2011 election? Militarisation started from Edo 2012,then Ondo(2012), Anambra(2011), Osun and Ekiti(2014) Gubernatorial contests. When did the Military become statutory responsible for internal security? The letter of the Chief of Defense State that was communicated to Jega through NSA Sambo Dasuki is treachery and unfortunate. Jega's announcement yesternight only confirmed that he doesn't know what he is doing. This is a shame, our democracy has been raped.
Re: propaganda by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 08, 2015
doctokwus:
Sometimes I get disappointed that some Nigerians have to wait for foreign news agencies to confirm what is obvious to every person that has stopped sucking his/her mother's breast.GEJ has no intention of conducting an election with a buhari that has a cult like support across the country.
The six weeks shift is with the hope and devilish intent that something dramatic happens,even if its death or incapacitation of GMB. If nothing happens then,another devilish plot wud be hatched, including truncating d constitution.
This plan wud not stop if this present decision by INEC is taken for granted.
There is a battle for the soul of the nation and its not the time to swallow every decision hook,line and sinker,less more despicable decisions wud be rammed down our throats.
This is the time for progressives to restrategize and we have no better advantage than the fact that the touch bearer,GMB,has a fanatical support base and cult like following.Many other countries who have tried wrestling power from a monstrous cabal wud envy us in having a man that commands such following.
GEJ wants to retain power at all costs,there has to be legitimate ways of stopping him with a leader like GMB.
Nigeria lost the opportunity with chief mko Abiola,it wud be suicidal to do same now.
Re: propaganda by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 08, 2015
This election postponement is really angering me. Goodluck is president today because we the people elected him. We dont want him again and he must be voted out.
Trying to instigate crises for selfish political interest is unacceptable. Just imagine if it was a Northerner doing all what Goodluck is doing, everybody will be shouting born-to-rule mentality.
Re: propaganda by BlackTechnology: 10:37am On Feb 08, 2015
Evvilgenius:
Fellow Nairalanders, postponement of the elections is part of a grand plot by GEJ and his cohorts to hold unto power indefinitely, and this is how.
First, they will claim they want to do a special operation in the North East for a particular span of time (which they've put at 6 weeks presently).
After this 6 weeks, they'll record a degree of success but the insurgency will still be on. They will then demand for another time and say they can't provide adequate security for elections if they've not finished their operation.
Ultimately, they'll state that they can't provide security for elections with because of their North Eastern operations which translates to ELECTION WONT HOLD UNTIL BOKO HARAM IS TOTALLY CRUSHED. And we all know that's not any time soon. This line of action will definitely cause unrest as many will see it as a breech of Nigeria's democratic institution.
Finally, in as much as I have nothing against the military providing internal security during elections, I think internal security is the duty of the police, sss, civil defense etc and these people can go on with their duty if our military insist they all want to go to sambisa forest. Thank you for reading.

The post below shows that your post is dumb

TechRev:

God bless you

My neighbour is yet to obtain her PVC
Re: propaganda by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

The post below shows that your post is dumb

God bless you

My neighbour is yet to obtain her PVC

But really, you are the one that is dumb. Is INEC's reason for the postponement not security? Or where did u hear Jega talking about PVC? Try to speak only when you're well informed next time.

1 Like

Re: propaganda by BlackTechnology: 10:51am On Feb 08, 2015
Kinfunfun22:

But really, you are the one that is dumb. Is INEC's reason for the postponement not security? Or where did u hear Jega talking about PVC? Try to speak only when you're well informed next time.

Security is one of the reasons

PVCs is the most important , that's why Clark and Ekweume wrote to reasonable Nigerians.

Unfortunately you did not hear.

1 Like

Re: propaganda by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Security is one of the reasons

PVCs is the most important , that's why Clark and Ekweume wrote to reasonable Nigerians.

Unfortunately you did not hear.

Who is talking about Clark the noisemaker here? We are talking about why Jega said INEC is postponing the election.

1 Like

Re: propaganda by BlackTechnology: 11:03am On Feb 08, 2015
Kinfunfun22:

Who is talking about Clark the noisemaker here? We are talking about why Jega said INEC is postponing the election.

Olodo

Read in between lines

The military was used to stop Jega after Ekwueme and Clark complained cool
Re: propaganda by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Olodo

Read in between lines

The military was used to stop Jega after Ekwueme and Clark complained cool

Lol. Continue in your self delusion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joy Emodi Celebrates Her 60th Birthday Today! / Throw Back Picture Of Central Bank Picture ...then And Now / Hate Speeches By Prominent Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.