Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,584 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Microsoft To Use Ps3 Home For Meetings - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Microsoft To Use Ps3 Home For Meetings (809 Views)

I Want To By Fairly Use Ps3 Games / Uk Neatly Use Ps3 For Sale For Just €180 / Ign Reviews Ps3 Home - Calls It 'boring', 'crap', 'pathetic', 'mistake' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft To Use Ps3 Home For Meetings by vowiski(m): 6:46am On Jan 01, 2009
[b]In a ironic twist of fate, one of the companies that might be testing out the PS3 Home is Microsoft. There is a project in progress with the goal of researching the viability of using the PS3 Home for holding business meetings in a virtual world in order to save time and money.

As it turns out the PS3 Home is considered to be one of the most advanced virtual environments out there. Business users can communicate via a variety of methods: Bluetooth headset, keyboard and USB headset. Users would also be able to design and develop the virtual office to meet the specific criteria of the business needs.

The PS3 Home also has multimedia capabilities that could be leveraged for business presentations such as slideshows, videos and audio sound bytes. Instead of investing in specific computer equipment and software, the only thing business users would require is a PS3 and Ethernet jack.

Apparently, Ernst & Young, a financial institute, will be the first company to test out the PS3 Home for virtual meetings. The project is headed up by Portsmouth University in an effort to cut costs and reduce travel time for corporate meetings.

Other companies participating in the project include Merrill Lynch and PS3 competitor, Microsoft. This indicates that Microsoft could potentially make some significant contributions to the success of the project.

However, such instances are not unheard of as most large businesses eventually interact with each other in one way or another. Sony manufactures PCs and laptops with Microsoft Windows. Microsoft also supports Blu-ray drives in Windows.

If the project is successful, it makes one wonder if we will see Microsoft offices crawling with PS3s. Who knows what the future holds? My company could take away my phone and hand me a PS3 instead. Wouldn’t that be something?
cheers.[/b]

link

Re: Microsoft To Use Ps3 Home For Meetings by texazzpete(m): 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2009
lol
you never give up, do you?
Sony's oft-delayed Home has been largely poorly reviewed, and in fact is suffering a wave of criticism for it's inane censorship and the infANTILE behavior of most of the users who happily mob any female avatar they run across.
We need the PS3 to functionfirst as a games console before we start talkingf about chat

Your link ain't working, man.
Re: Microsoft To Use Ps3 Home For Meetings by vowiski(m): 12:08am On Jan 02, 2009
We need the PS3 to functionfirst as a games console before we start talkingf about chat
that's the dumbest thing i have ever heard from you in months.

you never give up, do you?
how about you? do you? lol

Sony's oft-delayed Home has been largely poorly reviewed, and in fact is suffering a wave of criticism for it's inan
As If 360 is not suffering from criticism from it's RROD, how about MS vista? but who cares?
HOME is free and still in its beta stage man. just give it time.
MS said HOME was 2005 tech, isn't the 360 a 1999 tech with DVD drives.

I have fixed the link.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TEX.

(1) (Reply)

Paid Online Survey Regarding Your Online Payment Issue / 100 Kills - One Man Squad - Pubg Mobile Solo Vs Duo Vs Squad - Solo Vs ... / Pes 2019 Mobile Celebrates 200 Million Downloads, Gives Away Gp,free Blackball..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.