Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 (65204 Views)

Easter: FG Declares March 25, March 28 As Public Holidays / Boko Haram Leader Shekau Releases New Video, Says Nigeria’s Election Will Not Ho / Nigeria's Election Postponement And The Evil That Lies Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
In the new schedule announced on Saturday by the Chairman of the commission, Professor Attahiru Jega said that the Presidential Election will hold on March 28 while the Governorship election will hold on April 11.

Professor Jega said that the commission had had wide range consultations with relevant stakeholders before the decision was taken.

He said that the decision of the commission was in the interest of Nigeria’s democracy.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/02/07/electoral-body-sifts-nigerias-election-date-march-28-april-11/

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
We no get light for my area

Keep us up to date plz

Tired of everytin for dis state

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by twaintoy(f): 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Na gen I dey use take watch am and now fuel don finish inside. We really need dis change abeg.

185 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by DesChyko: 11:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
Done deal!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Chiefpriest1(m): 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
So,this is really true after all the speculations. My view is slightly different.

emotions apart, it is better to have elections we are fully prepared for than to conduct haphazard polls that will make the world laugh at us again.

Right now, Nigeria's international reputation is at its lowest, we cant afford a further dip.

INEC might also be trying to avoid court cases that would truncate this democracy.

Any of those states in the north east can prove in the court of law that they were disenfranchised.

What if buhari or Jonathan has one short of the mandatory 25 percent in two thirds of the country and then the loser approaches the court that he would have had the full two third if elections held in the affected states.

By the way, I would prefer an election held in April with relative security than one held next week where we hear boko haram has bombed voters.

Most of us want change. Lets demand change with common sense.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by holicalpha(m): 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
To me its a bad news,cus this election of a thing has been disrupting my plans ever since when i come get hope say e don near them still shift am..
anyways shifting or no shifting GEJ or GMB........... No, GEJ will come out victorious.

160 Likes 20 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Bevista: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
So, these cowards have blackmailed INEC & Nigerians (using security) into postponing the elections.

These incompetent lot had more than 1 year to restore normalcy in the Northeast in preparations for the elections, and yet (typically) they failed miserably. Now, suddenly these baboons want Nigerians to trust them to do their job in 6 weeks.

Ok, so now PDP & GEJ have got their wish - sufficient time to perfect their evil agenda. But contrary to their expectations, things will play even more favourably into the hands of #TeamGMB.

One way or the other, come March 28th, this inept government MUST go! Change isn't something that can be postponed or delayed, it can only be accelerated when the time has come.

#ThingsMustChange.
#VoteOutCluelessness
#March4Buhari

384 Likes 24 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by fittty(m): 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

139 Likes 19 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by blemon44(m): 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
This is very good

so that Goodluck can do the necesary thing

GEJTILL2019

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Rilwayne001: 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
[size=15pt] Quotes from twitter [/size]

So,apparently,one of the reasons Boko Haram was frantically sustained has been delivered to #Nigerians tonight.

It is clear that this postponement decision, by @inecnigeria ,was forced. This has a lot of implications regarding #NigeriaDecides

It is strange that security agencies have a timetable for combating insurgents that coincides with the exact period planned for elections

This government has basically said they'd combat insurgency successfully over the next 6 weeks. Setting themselves up for more failure?

There will be reactions, hopefully peaceful and lawful. I think INEC's hands were forced by a dictator who needs more time to dance naked

There will be attempts, over the next few weeks, to disqualify @thisisbuhari and send Prof. Jega packing ahead of his full term in June

Let it be on record that even though Nero fiddled and IBB annulled an election that actually held, a worse coward has bared ugly fangs.

[size=13pt] Change isn't something that can be postponed or delayed, it can only be accelerated when the time has come. For Nigeria #ThingsMustChange

A king that is afraid to face the battle that will end his reign is one that only defers -- and accentuates -- his coming disgrace.

Writing on the wall ,אנמ ,אנמ ,לקת ופרסין Mene, Mene, Teqel, Upharsin God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end!

It is safe to say Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is behind the Boko Harram insurgency in #Nigeria by refusing to deal with terrorism until election . [/size]

[size=15pt] Fellow Nigerians, Lets shun violence and peacefully March4Buhari [/size]

432 Likes 34 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by MrMcJay(m): 11:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
The reason why Boko Haram was nurtured by Jonathan's government has been revealed tonight.

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by mrrock: 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Say NO to recycled leaders.

Recycling leaders is not change. Change means something new not refurbished!.

Grandpa Buhari Give the youths a chance.
. Details at https://www.nairaland.com/2128319/give-youths-chance-say-no

124 Likes 18 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by CaptainAmerica1: 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Whatever PDP has planned shall backfire. This is the power of incumbency.

He shall have his train ride back to Otuoke come May 29th.

Sai Buhari!

GMB = General March Buhari!

153 Likes 9 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by showreals(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Na wa O. I hope there will be no ripple effect to this
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
We already know

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by klem93(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Guide thou our leaders right, help our youths the truth to know....

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
why INEC...what of those that stayed behind after Xmas because of election....what of those that have returned home because of election.....what is NYSC that was postponed because of election.....Jega should start answering these questions ....In as much as i dont support any party , shifting the elections is not good because of so many reasons ...now i know that politics is all about power and money ....God help us all ...

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by WhiZTiM(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
#Hehe... I just dey laugh....

Its apparent, the "clueless" man has much more clues than most people imagine....
Did you know . . .when FreshAir is blowing, the only way you can avoid breathing it is to hold ya nose!
FreshAir is still blowing!!! (^_^)

~DON'T ATTACK ME, I am party/candidate agnostic~
::: By The Way, This is stale news for me (I saw and heard Apostle Johnson Suleman prophesy it long before now) :::

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by davdandam(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
grin febuhari to marchuari (mortuary) hehehe. ....change is always constant, APCCCC

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by jnrbayano(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Now, from Febuhari to mortuary marchuhari

lipsrsealed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Seaen(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
He whom the gods wants to destroy they first make mad.
Someone is soo scared..Change is inevitable. grin

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
I expected it & He did not disappoint me.

Take Or time Mr GEJ cos U can only delay Naija's destiny. U can't change it.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
A man of no integrity is nothing but a coward, president GEJ is a man of no integrity....

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
God bless Nigeria

God bless President GEJ

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
I know Buhari is not the perfect option. Going by His campaigns, I'm not sure He plans to do a lot for Us but for the love of our countrymen in the north, Please let's eject the less than capable commander in chief and insert the experienced Major General. Please ignore the silly cries of Islamizing the nation cos such cannot happen in a democratic regime.

We've had a lot of terrible Presidents (Gej included) but we survived.

Let's give the Northerner a chance a chance to eliminate Boko Haram, a chance to restore total ownership of our land to Green White Green.

Jona had his chance, but he failed & failed woefully Giving Him a the seat till 2019 might make us end up like countries like Iran (where terrorism is now a normal job in the life of the citizen.

So Please for the love of Nigeria, let's ignore our tribal differences & put an end to the leadership of the clueless & shoeless President.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
Daris God o.
Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Vicotex(m): 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
Haters gonna hate.

#freshAir for GEJ
#FreshAir till 2019
#FreshAir till buhari rephrases his speeches
#Apshit how market

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jega was Forced to such a decision, since the presidency, PDP stalwarts, security chiefs aided by the commander in chief of armed forces are doing and have done everything possible to frustrate the February election. They just wnt to gather steam to frustrate the opposition since all they have used against the opposition are not yet enough to carry the day. Their antics against buhari will be enough for that 6 weeks they clamour for

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by dennismukoro(m): 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
LETS MARCH 4 BUHARI TO ASO ROCK

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by AllBusiness(m): 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
[size=15pt]PDP Postponed their defeat and shame in stead of them to receive them with ease on Febuhari 14, now they just invited the biggest shame.

The more they postpone, the more Buhari gaining more votes

Mumu people

SAI BABA[/size]

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: INEC Officially Shifts Nigeria’s Election Date To March 28 And April 11 by Aitee1: 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2015
Oga don bow finally

Apshit how market? grin

Shoeless man not as clueless as portrayed at last!

29 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Conductor Jumps In Ikate Roundabout Canal, In Lagos (photos) / DSTV Issues, Problems And How To Fix Them / African Man Spotted With A Sponge And Soap, Getting Ready To Bath At The Beach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.