Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? (1055 Views)

Hell Exists Because God Loves You / Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by malvisguy212: 11:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
A teacher is using the "scientific method"
to teach the class about evolution...
TEACHER: Tommy do you see the tree
outside?
TOMMY: Yes.
TEACHER: Tommy, do you see the grass
outside?
TEACHER: Go outside and look up and
see if you can see the sky.
TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few
minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.
TEACHER: Did you see God?
TOMMY: No.
TEACHER: That's my point. We can't see
God because he isn't there. He doesn't
exist.
A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask
the boy some questions. The teacher
agreed and the little girl questioned the
boy.
LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the tree
outside?
LITTLE GIRL: Tommy do you see the
grass outside?
TOMMY: Yessssss (getting tired of the
questions this time).
LITTLE GIRL: Did you see the sky?
TOMMY: Yessssss.
LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the
teacher?
TOMMY: Yes
LITTLE GIRL: Do you see the teacher's
mind?
LITTLE GIRL: Then according to what we
were taught today in school, she must
not have one!

The above joke is a good lesson in the
problem of trying to prove the existence
of God using the scientific tools available to us. A Creator God, if He exists, must, by definition, exist beyond the limits of the universe in order to have created it. The laws of physics tell us that we cannot make measurements beyond the limits of this universe. Therefore, scientists can conclusively determine that we cannot ever detect God using any of our instruments.

However, God is not restricted to our limitations and could choose to reveal part of Himself to us. God could not reveal His entirety to us without causing
major problems in our universe. The sudden appearance of dimensions and matter(?) from outside the universe would destroy anything in the vicinity and maybe even destroy the entire universe. This is why the Bible says that nobody can see God and live.

However, God could reveal His nature by communicating with humans and
sending an incarnated version of Himself. This is exactly what Christianity
claims - that God gave messages to
humans (through the prophets) and sent an incarnation of Himself (His Son), who took on the form of a human in order to interact with humans directly.
Although you cannot see God directly in
this life (but you will see Him in the next) , you can experience Him through your spirit. This is the claim and promise of Christianity that accounts for its popularity. When you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you enter into a relationship with Him through the Holy Spirit. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit, which you will directly experience when you come to faith, confirms both the existence and the power of God to the believer. It is through this relationship that we can enter into the joy of the Lord and experience the fullness of the Christian life.

If you are not a Christian, you will not
believe what I just told you. I know,
because when I was an agnostic for 33
years, I did not believe that you could
have a relationship with God. Since 1988 I have been experiencing the joy of the fellowship of the Lord and I want the same for you. Don't wait! Get your
questions answered and come to faith
based upon the facts, and enter into the
joy that cannot be found through
anything else in this world.
Well, its your choice. Do you see your
mind?
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/notseegod.html

2 Likes

Re: Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by malvisguy212: 7:21am On Feb 08, 2015
Re: Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by malvisguy212: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
outside?
outside?
exist.
boy.
outside?
grass outside?
questions this time).
teacher?
mind?
not have one!

of God using the scientific tools available to us. A Creator God, if He exists, must, by definition, exist beyond the limits of the universe in order to have created it. The laws of physics tell us that we cannot make measurements beyond the limits of this universe. Therefore, scientists can conclusively determine that we cannot ever detect God using any of our instruments.

However, God is not restricted to our limitations and could choose to reveal part of Himself to us. God could not reveal His entirety to us without causing
major problems in our universe. The sudden appearance of dimensions and matter(?) from outside the universe would destroy anything in the vicinity and maybe even destroy the entire universe. This is why the Bible says that nobody can see God and live.

humans (through the prophets) and sent an incarnation of Himself (His Son), who took on the form of a human in order to interact with humans directly.
this life (but you will see Him in the next) , you can experience Him through your spirit. This is the claim and promise of Christianity that accounts for its popularity. When you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you enter into a relationship with Him through the Holy Spirit. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit, which you will directly experience when you come to faith, confirms both the existence and the power of God to the believer. It is through this relationship that we can enter into the joy of the Lord and experience the fullness of the Christian life.

have a relationship with God. Since 1988 I have been experiencing the joy of the fellowship of the Lord and I want the same for you. Don't wait! Get your
mind?
Re: Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by malvisguy212: 9:11am On Feb 13, 2015
God is not bound to keep our time,That
which does not come in your time, will be
hastened in his time, which is always the
more convenient season. He will
perform his word, honour our faith, and
reward them that diligently seek
him.bible liken the patience and strength
of a man as Eagle,why? Because if an
eagle want to die he will flew to the
Topper of the mountain waited patiently
until his time is up. An eagle only weight
4kg but can lifts an object of 20kg, His
strength comes from his MIND.bible say in habakkuk ;
Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.
Thank you.
Re: Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by malvisguy212: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
outside?
outside?
exist.
boy.
outside?
grass outside?
questions this time).
teacher?
mind?
not have one!

mind?
Re: Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by malvisguy212: 7:53am On May 31, 2015
Re: Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by malvisguy212: 4:59am On Jul 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
outside?
outside?
exist.
boy.
outside?
grass outside?
questions this time).
teacher?
mind?
not have one!

mind?
Re: Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by malvisguy212: 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
outside?
outside?
exist.
boy.
outside?
grass outside?
questions this time).
teacher?
mind?
not have one!

mind?
Re: Because God Has Not Revealed Himself To Me'he Isn't There? by orisa37: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2015
God is Spirit. Religion is Arts, Science and Pneumatology. Until you combine these three and know that He is the living ceatures in you, you cannot see God.

(1) (Reply)

Romance In Islam / Watch Dr. Ahmad Gumi Tafseer Streaming Live / 10 Questions Christians Are Too Embarrassed To Ask About Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.