Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan (35879 Views)

Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by viczing(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
Like actions in Hollywood blockbusters, gunmen, which number could not be easily ascertained, on Friday morning raided a printing press in Shomolu area of Lagos State, carting away copies of a book on the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Our correspondent gathered that the gunmen harassed the printers and took away copies of the book, entitled Two-Faced Jonathan: 100 Reasons Why Jonathan Must Go, authored by Blessing Agbomhere.

Workers in the printing press who were too  frightened, could not ask questions or confront the gun-wielding men suspected to be security operatives.

Speaking to journalists on the development, Agbomhere said the book was scheduled for launch at the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) Secretariat in Lagos, before the incident.

Agbomhere, who is also the initiator of Change Ambassador of Nigeria (CAN), said, “This book was being printed in Shomolu and I was told that the book that was to be launched today (Saturday) was taken away after someone within the printing press, who has sympathy for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), alerted security operatives about it.

“They came and confiscated all the printed copies of the book.  They came in mufti.

“We don’t know the arm of security agency that they belong to, or whether they are private individuals or not.

“The printers had to immediately release the books to them, because, they were heavily armed. I am not owing them. I have already paid them.”

Agbomhere added that the book mirrors Jonathan as a “President of the cabal, Tompolo, Asari-Dokubo and a few other corrupt elements, who are sponsoring Boko Haram to destroy Nigeria’s unity.

“The book says President Jonathan has failed to defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and as such should not seek re-election or ask for a job he know he doesn’t have the capacity to do,” he said.

The author dared Jonathan to act on the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) forensic audit report and bring those indicted by the report to book.

Also speaking, Ibilola Essien, a social entrepreneur with Act Now Nigeria, a non-governmental organisation, said the present administration has not done enough to salvage the country from the many problems besieging it.

According to her, poverty and corruption have continued to soar, while insecurity in the North East has claimed over 15,000 lives since 2009.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/gunmen-storm-lagos-press-confiscate-book-jonathan/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by lacasa: 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
GEJ will end up like Laurent Gbagbo

If not worse.

Quote me.

311 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by briefness: 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
viczing:
Cc : lalasticlala, ishilove, barcanista, berem, passingshot, clevvermind, ifuckedjudith, severussnape, omenka, donphilopopus, muguliciousmugu, firefire, nigerianvenom, cleverly, holatin, Unibenstudent, hazyfm, dilluminai,
Buhari is a certificateless
Tinubu is a drug load
Osinbajo is corrupt for mingling with tinubu
*singing* march am march am buhari don fall for ground ooo... march am march am, buhari don fall for ground oo match am x3.....
God bless our president

Let the electorates decide # Nigeria decides

47 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by L0nestar(m): 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
briefness:

And
#IHaveDecided
#March4Change

134 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by femicyrus(m): 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Freedom of information FOI under GEJ is a joke

54 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
briefness:

We know who did it. Let them continue.
Victory is ours...

22 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2015
The fact is that president goodluck jonathan is a green snake under the green grass....you will think he is the most democratic man but behind the scene he is a perfect dictator that secretly knows how to pretend and fool people..don't judge a book by its cover...watch and see how some jonathan supporters will quote me and start using their dirty dustbin they call mouth to start saying rubbish...the truth is bitter

156 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
viczing:

Buhari is a certificateless

Tinubu is a drug load

Osinbajo is corrupt for mingling with tinubu

*singing* march am march am buhari don fall for ground ooo... march am march am, buhari don fall for ground oo match am x3.....

God bless our president
common sense is not always common..I hope buhari will not give you hypertension someday..stop displaying your stupidity on the internet..

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by theV0ice: 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
What is this??

I thought GMB was meant to be the dictator who muzzles information? Is gej now scared of a free press?

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Rawani: 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2015
Now who is the person violently suppressing the freedom of the press? This will only make the book go viral when released, like the OBJ book. Jonadunce will never learn.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by adezjamz(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
k
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by livingstoneony(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
Woah...
Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Zico5(m): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
Why is Gej so scared like this. Complete laurent Gbagbo in the making like someone said earlier. Gej will go down the memory lane as the first sitting president to lose gallantly in election. Mr president, do the unthinkable, even go to the mass, gather all the prophet together. Ur failure is already written and ur result will be printed out.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by tbaby534(f): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
Who go win go win, Na now the political assassination 1 start. God not let anyone be at a wrong place. Amen

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by kingthreat(m): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
lacasa:
GEJ will end up like Laurent Gbagbo

If not worse.

Quote me.

He never knew what power is. Now he is in it, he wants to dwell in it forever. Wish it were in the days of military rule, a simple coup will do the magic

32 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Zellie: 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
All to project the president in bad light undecided

APC, continu

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by lyrikx(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
I tot Nigeria ws a democratic country.wot happened to freedom of the press?

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by heed101(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
This administration is becoming a tyranny. What we have as a defence and weapon is our vote. They are trying to defer our victory but we still be victorious and put to shame self imposed failure and clean our mistake of 2011

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Ahmed4002(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
oh God, save our beloved country Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by folabayo1(f): 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
Even an unborn child can feel d change coming...this is the end of tunnel for pdp and d clueless otuoke man and the light has come to shine.
Hit like if u want CHANGE

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by adioolayi(m): 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
#GeneralMarch4Buhari

27 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by ellguapo: 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jonathan will go down as the worst president in history... unarguably, last straw dipped. TAN what else? FOI gone angry

24 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by laprince(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
Really?? Too bad

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by shidof(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
GEJ will always have a page in Nigeria history but will be full of bad things about him. whether GEJ like it or not. we will still MARCH4BUHARI

27 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
And Buhari was a dictator?

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by priscaoge(f): 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hmmmm this election is getting more interesting cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
Jonathan sponsoring Boko haram? ? The author must be high...

By the way, I'm getting so scared of this election ishh.. So many violence recorded already yet the election hasn't begun.. Wish I can leave Nigeria with my family and loved ones, then come back after election. .

May God protect us, Amen.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Storm Lagos Press, Confiscate Book On Jonathan by Creamz(m): 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2015
So unfortunate what the presidency is using our military to do. Instead of putting them to good use of fighting boko haram properly, they are here seizing books.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death / I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore / Adamu Garba 'Helped' Elon Musk To Acquire Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.