Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:24 AM

Diary Of A Unical Jambite - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Unical Jambite (1043 Views)

Advice, I Am Writing A Non Fiction Book Titled "The Jambite". / Journal Of A Teenage Nigerian Jambite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Unical Jambite by dghostwriter: 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
To everyone who has ever been a jambite I say big ups to you for overcoming, the hustle is too damn real!
I'm in my final year now but the exhilaration of success cannot be relished without reminiscing. I remember when I just got into the university like every other jambite I had been extravagantly elated to finally become a year one student, oh the satisfaction! So I went about doing good or at least doing what was expected of me, I avoided the big dawgs, the final year students, the year two students, even the ants....avoided everything (wahala I no want) I also heard a lot about lecturers trying to take advantage of the "fresh ones" so I avoided them too, I neither sat in front nor at the back as I was told those were risky sites, as a matter of fact I bought a book from one of the book vendors that would usually storm the lecture venue only when our lecturers were absent, a book titled "how to overcome year one successfully" I read it thrice and took note of every tiny detail indicated within, I was determined to make it out alive, there was a rule that stated I buy a bullet proof, which I saved for but lost my stupidity before I could make up the money sad all these things were so important back then.
I had made sure to play my part by all means possible but you should understand in this jambite journey, you surely must fall prey someday, and that said day did come but thankfully I wasn't alone.
In my institution, as it is in most institution, it is required of you to take a GSS course (the term is likely to differ) in partial fulfilment of your course study, and for year one students the GSS courses in question were; the use of English, and of course Library Science.
So we all journeyed to our GSS classes daily, these classes usually held by 7am so it was mandatory to get up as early as possible, the lecturers in question were fond of shutting doors once they walked into the class, and the next thing? You guessed right attendance! I made sure to attend at least 90% of my classes on time, took notes diligently and read every night (year one sha).
Our library science lecturer was a pot bellied man, he was both playful and strict so everyone knew exactly where to draw the lines with him, he gave us assignments and term papers which we all did, he also set a test date for his course, this was going to be my first test ever so I read as hard as possible.
Finally came the day for the test, I had rushed into the test hall twenty mins late, the hall was as good as full, I scanned for familiar faces and noticed that majority of my pals had already been clustered by unknown students...I was amazed at how many students my level had compared to the number that showed up for class.
I immediately hurried to a free chair by the corner, lo and behold I looked to the board to see the oddest question in the world, it was just two questions but I could swear it wasn't in the text book, or had I skipped it while reading, I looked to the people around me and their faces were in the least bit encouraging so I focused on my paper, I was going to do the best I could...library science will hear me today!
3 'O' clock on the dot,
http://uncircumcisedwriter..com/2015/02/to-everyone-who-has-ever-been-jambite-i.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

The Reunion. / Best Love Poem Ever / A Night At The Psychiatric Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.