Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,106 members, 7,807,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? (27882 Views)

Unemployment Rises To 14%, Half Million Fresh Out Of Work – NBS / After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job / How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by oluwanoni: 5:50am On Feb 26, 2015
Una come open Una yansh for here.....must we say or write anything we do or see... undecided
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by MissIndependent(f): 6:32am On Feb 26, 2015
Lol I remember when I had to attend an interview I was still in my former place of work then the interview was slated for 10am. When I got to work, after 30mins my face changed I used menstrual pain as an excuse. I told them I don't joke with it @all that sometimes I always feel like I'm losing my life when it comes. They had pity on me and I left for the interview. I'm so glad I attended that day because I later got a call from the MD after 1Month of waiting for further negotiation. The rest is now history

Employers should know by now that it is a bad thing for youths to remain in one place except they are satisfied and fulfilled where they are! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 26, 2015
No need to tell lies. Make sure you are adding value to your current employer and you have a good relationship with your boss. you will have more freedom.

Trust me it works.

1 Like

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nikyluv(f): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2015
Muhammadkhan:
March4BUH.ARI

real time madness.. who is talking about buhar
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by OkunrinMeta: 10:01am On Feb 26, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

lol but the real big boss got no time to be here, you know.
But its always the immediate boss we have issues with when we stab work, u know? ,
25 Guest viewing,

1 Like

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 26, 2015
Guests viewing shocked so ur bosses have seen all dese excuses exposed and d next person that tries to give one of dese is in trouble grin grin

1 Like

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by dammie4j(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2015
Compulsory call for data verification and capture from Bank, NIMC, Road Safety or Immigration for the re-issuance of License, ID or Passport, which an appointment has been scheduled and cannot be breached...

Urgent call from FIRS for an important verification on the previous VAT remittance (as an accountant)...

2 Likes

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by tope24(m): 10:38am On Feb 26, 2015
Just last week, i told my boss i was going to our other branch to get some docs, i just dashed to where i was suppose to write a test. When i got back to the office, he asked for update and i told him i couldn't make it to the branch as the ball joint on my car gave up on the road and i had to tow the car home. Him even pity me sef.

2 Likes

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by XtraSmooth404: 10:41am On Feb 26, 2015
Dasher90:
Guests viewing shocked so ur bosses have seen all dese excuses exposed and d next person that tries to give one of dese is in trouble grin grin
I fear o. Some topics need membership access lipsrsealed
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by 2ng2ng(m): 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
Very simple , just send text to ur boss that u don't. Know how ur body is doing you , but people around you are advising you to go for Ebola test ;DVery simple , just send text to ur boss that u don't. Know how ur body is doing you , but people around you are advising you to go for Ebola test
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
2ng2ng:
Very simple , just send text to ur boss that u don't. Know how ur body is doing you , but people around you are advising you to go for Ebola test ;DVery simple , just send text to ur boss that u don't. Know how ur body is doing you , but people around you are advising you to go for Ebola test

LOL
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by chinonso92: 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
cool Nice suggestions
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by JUNIT1(m): 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
post for the gods
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....Need to bookmark this topic grin grin grin grin
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by remsonik(f): 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
hmmm.......now I need help guys. I have an interview for 11am tomorrow in ikeja and I am supposed to go present a proposal at one of my company's client office in lekki. How do I do it?? My boss wont even excuse me if I ask him and the other staff we both worked on this project together wont be at work till next week?
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by XtraSmooth404: 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
remsonik:
hmmm.......now I need help guys. I have an interview for 11am tomorrow in ikeja and I am supposed to go present a proposal at one of my company's client office in lekki. How do I do it?? My boss wont even excuse me if I ask him and the other staff we both worked on this project together wont be at work till next week?
You should have rescheduled the interview, although I dunno when you actually got the invitation. Lekki-Ikeja ain't close at all even if you take a taxi. Tough one sha grin
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
Caracta:

Mactay is genuine.

@topic, I've been lucky. My former boss/HOD was really nice and wonderful. She was aware of all the job interviews I had while working with her. I never had any reason to lie. She was also trying to leave the company so we were hunting for jobs together and would cover up for each other whenever an interview comes up.

My current employer? Nah! How do you even want to lie? You are sick? You need a doctor's report from the approved hospitals we use. In fact, the doctor has to call beforehand. The doctors won't even agree to help you out because they don't want to lose their contracts. The only excuse is death, a sick spouse, child or relative. In that case, you'd be advised to drop him/her at the approved hospital and come back to work.

But if I need to 'stab' work, I give no excuse. I simply disappear. Then call and complain of family problems, come back to face the consequences. I don't know how to tell a lie face-to-face.
keep it up.
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
remsonik:
Tough one! Call them up to reschedule the interview.
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Mayflowa(m): 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
tiwasiaife:
my people is there any company in Lagos with the name.Mactay consulting no 5 prince adelowo adedeji st., off admiralty way lekki.phase 1 Lagos they sent me invitation for an interview pls confirm this for me before I fall into oluwole hands ooo.God bless u ple

Yes. They are recruitment firm. Very reputable!
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
dammie4j:
Compulsory call for data verification and capture from Bank, NIMC, Road Safety or Immigration for the re-issuance of License, ID or Passport, which an appointment has been scheduled and cannot be breached...

Urgent call from FIRS for an important verification on the previous VAT remittance (as an accountant)...

Dammie even u?? shocked grin
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by dammie4j(m): 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
Dasher90:

Dammie even u?? shocked grin

Lol... yes nah grin
Who no like better job
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Lennylinconlee(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mine is abit funny and interesting....
I voluntarily from a work last year Nov. Fortunately for me I got another work with small pay by january this year...I accepted the offer just to avoid staying @ home in new year....I kept on applying to different organization...funny enough I took excuse twice ba january which the manager gave me reluctantly bcus of my productivity @ work...January ended.....I kept on hoping

Feb. I started receiving invite for Interview of some Test I've done in December and January.....it become so hard to fashion out excuse as this Boss has frown @ the one Manager granted me....one of the in view was slated for Friday....I decided not to take excuse on Thursday....I just send a Text message on friday morning that....I needed I got a call from my Dad to come home urgently.... "He replied -" I think you need enough time to re-organise ur self, kindly take 2week without pay" I decided not to answer him ...I went for the interview and I was ask to resume next month ....so I decided to forfeit my salary in lieu of notice of resignation. And my salary in new company is 3 time double the former...

Be smart at it.

5 Likes

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by XtraSmooth404: 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Lennylinconlee:
Congrats on your new job bro.
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by aiikay(m): 12:11am On Feb 28, 2015
Although he was actually sick, but I recall how his text message threw everyone off balance. The text read:
"Sorry, I've been having severe nasal congestion with complications suggestive of allergic rhinitis. And so I shall be recording absence."

So a better painting of the grammar can do the confusion/conviction easier!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by liliangmail(f): 6:49am On Feb 28, 2015
Very funny ! Got me laughing.. Well my boss is a Doctor! Smart One! Using sickness as an excuse is far from me cry
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
tiwasiaife:
my people is there any company in Lagos with the name.Mactay consulting no 5 prince adelowo adedeji st., off admiralty way lekki.phase 1 Lagos they sent me invitation for an interview pls confirm this for me before I fall into oluwole hands ooo.God bless u ple
hello! did u attend the interview? how was it? can I pm u? thanks.
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by tiwasiaife(m): 7:14am On Apr 15, 2015
naanxie:
hello! did u attend the interview? how was it? can I pm u? thanks.

watsap me 07031675642
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 23, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by spiralwedge(m): 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
sugarbuns:
Was in a fix like that last week. I just resumed from leave; and it was scheduled for the same day at noon. Ol' boy I don't even wanna think of that excuse again.

lol... hahaha same here. was on leave for a whole month, no interview invites.. only to receive one slated for a day after my resumption date. lol

what excuse can u give again after a month off work?
Re: Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? by sugarbuns(f): 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
spiralwedge:

lol... hahaha same here. was on leave for a whole month, no interview invites.. only to receive one slated for a day after my resumption date. lol

what excuse can u give again after a month off work?

I can't think of anything. 1 month is a long time oh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is The Nigeria Custom Service Recruiting For This Year,2012 / Ajaokuta Steel Company To Employ 500,000 Upstream, Downstream In 2017 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.