Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) (45349 Views)

Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline / BREAKING!!! Buhari Down With Kidney, Liver Disease; Visits London Bridge Hospita / Is PDP Sharing Mobile Phones As A Campaign Strategy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by selectedhero(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
ceejay80s:
This ad is uncalled for, buhari was never a dictator, now tell me ,did obasanjo not rule naija twice? Why is his time not. backwards?
Todays punch newspaper
brother the difference between the two was quite clear, Buhari was a coup plotter, obasanjo was a victim of a coup. Buhari overthrew a DULY ELECTED CIVILIAN government, obasanjo willingly handed over power to a civilian government-one which buhari and co. later seized power from. so you see my very good friend nobody could have faulted obasanjo for a second term attempt.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by tolexy007(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
ceejay80s:
I am yet to see an ad tarnishing GEJ's image
(nigerian news direct ad page 5)
shocked are u seriuos? u must be living in a cave.. pls come out and c for ur self

3 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by jorlons(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Why didn't you address the issues I raised up there? It is only the short-sighted ones that cannot see that a particular group of Nigerians think that ruling Nigeria is their birthright.

1. The north alone cannot win the election for GMB.
In 2011 election did northerners vote for GEJ or not?

2. Most of us southerners who have decided to vote for GMB are doing so because his past records shows he was a better leader. Mind you we did not say all he did in the past was right.

3. #FACT is some northerners will vote for GEJ because they do not have the born-to-rule syndrome. So also most southerners will vote for GMB because they do not suffer from bigotry syndrome. They just want #CHANGE

Change from the Problem Distributing Party (PDP).
Change from the lootocratic Dicktator in disguise (GEJ)

We want a functioning govt and that we believe we can find in GMB/PYO.
Join the #General-March4-Buhari (GMB) today

5 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by banki(m): 2:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
Flets:
How can the violent and islamist dictator who has been rejected record three times become the change we need all of a sudden?

If this is not all about returning power back to the north, then what has changed about Buhari between 2003 and 2015?

what realy has changed in Nigeria between2003 and 2015

1 Like

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by harbarzzy(m): 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
aguiyi:

abeg park well.

remove Buhari from APC and tell me another person with integrity in that party. just one and then tell me why that person was not fielded as the flag bearer if truly they have Nigerians at heart.
der are still lot of time for pdp to introduce another candidate not gej! Even imposing him on us..not going to work!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by selectedhero(m): 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
mrvitalis:

hmm nice ,,but pls remind me who you supported in 2007 elections plss
HE PROBABLY SUPPORTED YARADUA WHICH I DID TOO, BUT WE NEVER KNEW THE SINISTER MOTIVES OF THE NORTH, AT LEAST WE KNOW NOW. WE WILL SO KICK BUHARI TO HIS FAMILY HOUSE IN DAURA. NA WE HIM WAN TAKE OUR HEAD CHOP BUNS?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by agborodun: 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
March 1= C
March 2= H
March 3= O
March 4= O
March 5= S
March 6= E
March 7= G
March 8= O
March 9= O
March10= D
March11= L
March12= U
March13= C
March15= K
March16= E
March 17= B
March 18= E
March 19= L
March 20= E
March 21= J
March 22= O
March 23= N
March 24= A
March 25= T
March 26= H
March 27= A
March 28= N

#THE REAL CHANGE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The main reason why I will vote for GEJ is to make a statement. 2015 is about making a point in this country and we must drive that point home even if the gates of hell are opened. The message we must drive into some thick skulls is that Nigeria belongs to all of us. No tribe is born-to-rule while others are born to siddon dey look.

There must be fairness, equity and justice in this country. Power MUST go round if we are truly one Nigeria. Why must a particular group of people continue to terrorize the rest of the nation when they are not in power?

When OBJ, a southerner was in power, they declared Sharia law and caused a series of very violent riots in the north which led to the death of many Southerners and northern Christians.

As soon as Jonathan, another Southerner took over government, boko haram which was previously a rag tag group suddenly transforms into a mighty fighting force, blasting churches to pieces, killing innocent Nigerians and recently seizing towns and abducting our women.

The question is why is it that we cannot have peace when the people from Futa Jalon are not in power?

Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again. let me say this loud and clear, the best for Buhari is that he will end up as president of arewastan and maybe Odua republic but Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again.

See the people down there that believe Aso Rock is their property, they believe they were born to rule in Nigeria. Whenever they are not in power, they make sure nobody can sleep. See them there. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Dive-Bomber.

EUROBOMBER CHECK YOUR RECORDS CORRECTLY, SOUTHERNERS HAVE RULED MORE THAN NORTHERNERS EVEN IN THIS 3RD REPUBLIC THE SOUTHERNERS ARE LEADING.
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by Toongexa(m): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
EvilBrain1:

Personally, I don't care if Nigeria explodes. I don't care if Boko Haram kills every single man, woman and child. I don't care if the Naira becomes as worthless as toilet paper. I don't care if corrupt politicians steal every kobo of our money and leave billions of dollars in debt for our children to pay. I don't care if there's no light. I don't care how much unemployment, poverty and suffering there is.

As long as the next president is from my village or somewhere nearby, Nigeria can go to blazes. That is the only thing that matters. The president must be from my village. Those northerners think they are born to rule. Let them know that it is only my village that is born to rule.

All those people that are suffering and dying in the northeast because of government callousness and incompetence can go to hell! The president must be from my village!
HUH! People like you are terrorists and should be stoned to death

1 Like

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by ogunwalea(m): 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
Just compare APC's advert and PDP's advert. Which is more reasonable? The fact is that APC is the only political party that's campaigning. PDP is just raising unreasonable allegations. And I know why.... They are afraid they will be punished for their corrupt acts if Gen. Buhari emerges the President. That's why PDP wanna do everything to take him down just b4 the election. All their plans proved abortive except the election date that was postponed. But que Sera Sera..... I know you can't manipulate God's plan for Nigeria .....
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by hotwax: 2:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
agborodun:
March 1= C
March 2= H
March 3= O
March 4= O
March 5= S
March 6= E
March 7= G
March 8= O
March 9= O
March10= D
March11= L
March12= U
March13= C
March15= K
March16= E
March 17= B
March 18= E
March 19= L
March 20= E
March 21= J
March 22= O
March 23= N
March 24= A
March 25= T
March 26= H
March 27= A
March 28= N

#THE REAL CHANGE

Boring...U need to be creative.

What about #MarchForBuhari_March4Freedom

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by zonax(m): 2:26pm On Feb 09, 2015
I
zantama05:
[s][/s]useless shoeless boy with mental-prostrated illness.

hmmm with this rubbish you want to tarnish the image of my becoming President GMB with out ashamed of what this useless shoeless otueke drunkard boy is doing presently. GEJ is the worst tyrant we had in this country.
MARK my WORD mach4buhari we will flush him with our PVCs to river otueke were he started no shoe.

# great Nigerian masses have DECIDED FOR MARCH BUHARI TO ASO ROK slowfok should go and die in river otueke...
Man go and learn English first before you abuse GEJ
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by selectedhero(m): 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
Bizinton:

Kindly note we are where we are because we are yet to get a leader in Nigeria. By the time we have one, where he/she comes from -North, South, East, West will not matter. Your prayer should be that God should bless us with a leader that has the interest of Nigeria at heart. We need a leader that will not make his Ethnic group, religion, party, etc an issue. Jonathan at best is an Ijaw President, a christian president, a PDP president and the President of those that are corruptly enriched. He is definitely not the leader we are looking for. Enough of sentiments.
YOUR NAIVITY REACH MTN MAST KAAAAAIIIIIIIIII, DO YOU EARNESTLY THINK THE LOT OF NORTHERN BOY ROAMING AROUND THE PLACE CAUSING COMMOTION THINK ABOUT "We need a leader that will not make his Ethnic group, religion, party, etc an issue." ITS ABOUT THE NORTH. AND SO YOUR VIEWS AT THIS TIME ARE A LITTLE IRRELEVANT. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I COME FROM THE NORTH BUT AN HAUSA/FULANIS WILL NEVER AGREE THAT THERE ARE OTHERS ASIDE THEM IN NORTH, EXCEPT WHEN THEY WANT TO USE NUMBER OF STATES IN SCORING POLITICAL POINTS. SO IN OTHER WORD JONATHAN IS THE CANDIDATE THAT REPRESENTS THE INTEREST OF ALL MINORITY PEOPLE. WE NO WAN KNOW ABOUT PERFORMANCE, WE WANT THEM TO KNOW WE EXIST. BUT WITH TIME IF IT GOES ROUND, BROS DEVELOPMENT GO COME.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by zantama05(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
zonax:
I
thanks God that I am par better than mama piss
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by zantama05(m): 2:33pm On Feb 09, 2015
zonax:
I
thanks God I am par better than mama piss( that thief woman)

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by westernhub: 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
so GEJ is the better candidate and the pounds is over 300 naira and the economy is so messed up, and first class graduates are jobless and girls and children of rich men who are total dull heads have jobs, and a lot of graduates cannot afford to rent a room apartment for a year, and a lot of guys steal for a living just to exist. you know Democracy is a cruel system of Governance where we have a polity dominated by fools. The majourity fools will have their way and the sensible members of the minority group will only scream. If Jonathan should win this election, i will have to leave this country, because i cannot imagine what another four years with that dude will look like.

1 Like

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by drealaz24(m): 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
You can never compare military regime to a democratic one.

Had GEJ ruled during d military era, the likes of gadafi, Charles Taylor, Saddam Hussein would have been a learner.

think abt it

GMB till GEj learn to respect Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by Intendy: 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2015
tswitch:

Correction:
Buhari was a dictator.
In fact his regime was clouded with tyranny and you can ask any elderly person around or your parents to confirm.
Obasanjo has no history of being a religious bigot and did not try, jail and even kill on the basis of religion or tribe and on trump up charges.
Micheal Ajasin the then governor of Ondo state was left to languish in prison even after the military tribunal tried him TWICE and found him innocent of all charges.
Shagari,Ekwueme,Ambrose Ali,Owoh,Ajasin,Awolowo etal
Decree 2 was imposed in January 84' allowing the imprisonment of any civilian who poses a risk, the NSO was given authority to detain critics of the government and over 64 journalist were detained,tortured and kept in squalid conditions-a documentary was shown after the August coup of the NSO detention centres.
ASSU, NANS and NMA were banned their leaders detained and conferences violently disrupted.
Decree Number 4 of April 1984 forbade the publication or broadcast of anything that brought the government or any of its officials into ridicule or disrepute. Like Decree Number 2, it placed the onus of proof on the
accused and stipulated heavy penalties for offenders. Under these two measures, a number of prominent journalists and editors were arrested. Two Guardian newspapermen spent nearly a year in prison, becoming heroes in the struggle for a free press, and were adopted as prisoners of conscience by Amnesty International.
In Buhari's regime over 20,000 (other reports say hundreds of thousand) civil servants were retrenched (210) from the north -SACK AND GO.
Tens of thousands of people lost their means of sustenance due to lack of raw materials to power industries caused by the "economic policies" of Buhari.
Can you imagine the implication of that on the economy?

All and much more are easily verifiable check resources like:
http://www.news24.com.ng/Elections/MyNews24/History-of-Buhari-20150127
Google Nigeria history - Buhari regime on google search.
History cannot be changed!
thanks but always make wide consultations before posting.many of what you wrote are not justified.the reporter of guardian newspaper detained then is still alive and have this to say
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174665-support-buhari-despite-government-jailing-tunde-thompson.html
I hope you know how the military works.thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by Eluwilussit(m): 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
Flets:
How can the violent and islamist dictator who has been rejected record three times become the change we need all of a sudden?

If this is not all about returning power back to the north, then what has changed about Buhari between 2003 and 2015?

I tire o. I have been asking the same questions for months now. It appears this change talk is just to take power back to the north, while the west will smuggle in Tinubu via Osinbajo.
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by Intendy: 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
westernhub:
so GEJ is the better candidate and the pounds is over 300 naira and the economy is so messed up, and first class graduates are jobless and girls and children of rich men who are total dull heads have jobs, and a lot of graduates cannot afford to rent a room apartment for a year, and a lot of guys steal for a living just to exist. you know Democracy is a cruel system of Governance where we have a polity dominated by fools. The majourity fools will have their way and the sensible members of the minority group will only scream. If Jonathan should win this election, i will have to leave this country, because i cannot imagine what another four years with that dude will look like.

By Gods grace.U won't leave this country(4 negative reasons) cause Jonathan won't make it back to Abuja cause we are at the edge of the cliff

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by iyobs7(f): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
When you take the statistics of illiterate in Nigeria, I am amazed that the bulk of it all comes from the north and I begin to wonder, why?

Don't get me wrong, am not saying this because of Buhari but because of my interaction with them.

One of them is a fellow student in India with me but she is on scholarship. Free tuition fees and a stipend of almost 35k naira per month while I am on self finance, this same person cannot correctly make a complete sentence...

Recently when the scholarship started again, I asked her, what about your relatives you told me was supposed to come through scholarship, she said they couldn't make it because they were not able to speak good English that others were given aptitude test to write but those from the north were only given verbal interview... But they couldn't scale through and were rejected.

If really Nigerians were to be fair, majority of those from the north would have been cleaners and messengers...

Just as op said, no one own Nigeria, it belongs to us all...

A better Nigeria I pray...

1 Like

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by White007(m): 2:46pm On Feb 09, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by olajide8(m): 2:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
Jerry rawlings - executed all corrupt politicians and it made things better for ghana- I wish buhari had done the same as that was the trend, during those periods, but because of his humanity, he only made a show of a few of these corrupt people by throwing them in jail, they now come and fight tooth and nail, all over nairaland, I beg to say all this talk and that talk about, issues would one day change* - I can bet most people that come hear today to type nonsense wouldn't have done this, if they had the gun and the barrel like buhari had, and was the trend then* - Samuel doe did it also-
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by demandtruth: 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2015
EvilBrain1:

Personally, I don't care if Nigeria explodes. I don't care if Boko Haram kills every single man, woman and child. I don't care if the Naira becomes as worthless as toilet paper. I don't care if corrupt politicians steal every kobo of our money and leave billions of dollars in debt for our children to pay. I don't care if there's no light. I don't care how much unemployment, poverty and suffering there is.

As long as the next president is from my village or somewhere nearby, Nigeria can go to blazes. That is the only thing that matters. The president must be from my village. Those northerners think they are born to rule. Let them know that it is only my village that is born to rule.

All those people that are suffering and dying in the northeast because of government callousness and incompetence can go to hell! The president must be from my village!

@EUROBOBER
I HOPE YOU CAN COMPREHEND. THIS, RIGHT HERE, IS THE SUMMARY OF ALL THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN.

Next time, stop spewing nonsense. The total numbers of votes cast for GEJ in 2011 from the NE & NW was over 5million, 50% of the total number of votes received from both SS & SE.

Pls, stop your hate. Many of us are not interested in failure; it's not about tribe or religion as your likes seems to believe

2 Likes

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by Togom: 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2015
Since YERIMA former governor of Zamfara state declared sharia,how many women have they chopped off their hands?
Ask BUHARI about PTF money?.How many rail lines did he rehabilitate?How many roads and Universities did Buhari build?.Where is his Primary and Secondary School cert.Buhari is yet to tell Nigerians what he achieved during his tenure.
Nigerians are not fools.
GEJ Till 2019.
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by carzim(m): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2015
How much is a dollar in 1985
ceejay80s:
This ad is uncalled for, buhari was never a dictator, now tell me ,did obasanjo not rule naija twice? Why is his time not. backwards?
Todays punch newspaper
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by mrkings84(m): 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
EvilBrain1:

where be ur village; I hope ur village and my village no be d same?
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by blustone(m): 3:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
Flets:

How many times did Abraham Lincoln vie for the presidency?

1 Like

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by hamingra: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
iyobs7:
When you take the statistics of illiterate in Nigeria, I am amazed that the bulk of it all comes from the north and I begin to wonder, why?

Don't get me wrong, am not saying this because of Buhari but because of my interaction with them.

One of them is a fellow student in India with me but she is on scholarship. Free tuition fees and a stipend of almost 35k naira per month while I am on self finance, this same person cannot correctly make a complete sentence...

Recently when the scholarship started again, I asked her, what about your relatives you told me was supposed to come through scholarship, she said they couldn't make it because they were not able to speak good English that others were given aptitude test to write but those from the north were only given verbal interview... But they couldn't scale through and were rejected.

If really Nigerians were to be fair, majority of those from the north would have been cleaners and messengers...

Just as op said, no one own Nigeria, it belongs to us all...

A better Nigeria I pray...
Bros you dey lie. 35k naira for India? When India begin use naira?
Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by bakila: 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
Bizinton:

Kindly note we are where we are because we are yet to get a leader in Nigeria. By the time we have one, where he/she comes from -North, South, East, West will not matter. Your prayer should be that God should bless us with a leader that has the interest of Nigeria at heart. We need a leader that will not make his Ethnic group, religion, party, etc an issue. Jonathan at best is an Ijaw President, a christian president, a PDP president and the President of those that are corruptly enriched. He is definitely not the leader we are looking for. Enough of sentiments.

He is not an Ijaw President sir, he is President of Nigeria of Ijaw descent who has not done anything for the Ijaws. He is more or less President of the TANIODS, The Jet money-launderers, the fuel subsidy thieves, the power mongers from all ethnic groups in the PDP whose sole desire is power to themselves not the people. He is the man of the moment for public property thieves and proceeds of crude oil theft -north, south, east or west. In trying to malign Buhari they tell Nigerians to stand up and come to hold their government accountable.

1 Like

Re: Why Is PDP Damn Keen On Bringing Buhari Down (the Guardian Newspaper Pg32) by obinnafred(m): 3:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
[quote author=EUROBOMBER post=30565439]

Please learn how to quote people on this forum. angry[/quotet

Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breakdown Of $6.9billion Paris Club Refund To 36 States, FCT (snapshots) / Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? / Police Wade Into Case Of Head Of Federal Agency’s Son Caught With Lamborghini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.