Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,399 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? (14051 Views)

Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Islam And Terrorism: A Christian Responds To Tbaba1234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 10:16am On Oct 06, 2006
olabowale:

@Wumine: Jihad is struggle. It involves every types of struggling; A person who tries to do right by others in business and others is in Jihad. It is not fighting alone that is Jihad.

Do you know that if God were to fight your fight for you, the first thing is that you have to be a pious individual with good and pure belief in God. Are you this person. No one can say with certainty. If you say that you are, then it is a value of arrogance. God does not like arrogant people.

If God fights your fight for you, your enemy will be destroyed. Take the case of Prophet Noah (AS), he complained about his people. He asked for their demise. They were utterly destroyed, except the few who were in the vessel with him.

In a small way, all of us are fighting for our concept of God. I am fighting for Allah. I am defending Him, His religion to mankind, His prophet of that completion of that religion and those who are in the religion. All the muslims, men and women are doing it on Nairaland.

The christians are doung it as well for their cincept of God, which in their case involves Jesus. They are also doing it for Saul/Paul who they believe is an apostle of jesus or God, doing the carrying on.

Do not think that the christians on Nairaland or the world over are not involved in Jihad. Yes it is the exact thing that they are doing. They are quick to bomb and kill by waging wars against muslim societies. they do it, individually, organizationally (NATO), collisionally of the willing or the coersed. They encourage others to do it when it will be obvious that they have no reason to do it.

Others do it by making missionary efforts.

The whole world is full of struggle in one form or the other. It all depend on where you are in the effort. unfortunately, to few a people are struggling to bring unity among mankind.

@Olabowale,

With all due respect sir, Jehovah-El-Shaddai, God Almighty, does not need anyone to fight for Him! He is more than able. Time and space will not permit but go and read the book of Judges in the Old Testament - God gave the Isrealites up into the hands of their enemies when they turned their back on Him but He also fought for them when the cried out to Him. So,

No, you do not have to be a pious person for God to fight for you. He will fight for you, regardless. He says we should 'call upon Him in the day of trouble, and He will deliver us, ' Psalm 50 vs.15. He will not ask "you are you pious"?, before He delivers you. God is His Word and if He says He will deliver you, that's just it![/color]

He is NOT partial, He fights for everyone who calls upon Him. If you are not pious, that would not stop Him. He knows what to do and how to judge you and your impious ways and because He is the Creator, His judgements are fair and just. He is not a petty God who only has time for 'righteous' people. He said [color=#550000]'I desire mercy not sacrifice. For I did not come to call the righteous, but the sinners, to repentance.'[
Matthew 9 vs.12b

As for the issue of Noah, I don't know what the qu'ran says, but the Bible records this: 'And God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold I will destroy them with the earth"' Genesis 6 vs. 13

Noah did not ask for his enemies' destruction; it was God who chose to destroy the earth for their sinfulness.

We may be defending our God religion but not with threats, bombs, and any other form of violence. We do not need to. How can we justify that to a God who said to us to 'love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you' ? Matthew 5vs. 44

So, the question is Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem?. Unfortunately, in these times, it has come to be identified as such. Trying to compare it with the ills of other religions will not help.

At this present time, no other religion is killing people in the name of a deity.

People are fighting for their freedom around the world, e.g in the Niger Delta area of Nigeria, however, they are doing it for economic and social reasons; to be free from their opression and opressors. So although you may call their activities terrorist activities, it is targeted at those who are responsible for their condition not innocents.

Perhaps, if muslims fought for what they believed by faith in their deity, then they would have no need to indulge in violence to get their point across and the word 'terrorist' and 'muslim', would not be synonymous.

cheers smiley
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2006
Is Terrorism a Muslim problem?
The answer is a resounding YES
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 06, 2006
olabowale:

If God fights your fight for you, your enemy will be destroyed. Take the case of Prophet Noah (AS), he complained about his people. He asked for their demise. They were utterly destroyed, except the few who were in the vessel with him.

This is outright silliness! Where did Noah complain that God destroy his people? The same Noah who spent yrs begging them to get in the ark with them?

Yet more lies from a deluded old man!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 12:21am On Oct 07, 2006
@Babyosisi: Neh. I just do not see the point of responding to your last entry. If it makes you feel good, then go for it. It will not take anything from Islam. It has been around for over 14oo years. God willing, it will overcome every obstacle and then win over every religion. We will all find out in the day of Judgement.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 07, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: Neh. I just do not see the point of responding to your last entry. If it makes you feel good, then go for it. It will not take anything from Islam. It has been around for over 14oo years. God willing, it will overcome every obstacle and then win over every religion. We will all find out in the day of Judgement.

well Mo said you can try it by intimidation and machete and even by 4 wives and concubines popping out terrorist babies per second.
after the race,we'll calculate the mileage as Igbos say.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 6:00am On Oct 07, 2006
babyosisi:

Is Terrorism a Muslim problem?
The answer is a resounding YES

hmmm.

The answer is still no, whether we like it or not.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2006
@Babyosisi: It is true, the saying of the Igbo. They are wise people. This is why Islam is coming to them.

What if the raise is lost by people like you. What if Jesus (AS) is not what you think he is. Qur'an has given you a chance. You will have no abilityu to claim ignorance! Paradise is real and so is Hellfire.

We will find out about our own realty after death. Ther will be no coming bak. It will be too late.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: It is true, the saying of the Igbo. They are wise people. This is why Islam is coming to them.

What if the raise is lost by people like you. What if Jesus (AS) is not what you think he is. Qur'an has given you a chance. You will have no abilityu to claim ignorance! Paradise is real and so is Hellfire.

We will find out about our own realty after death. Ther will be no coming bak. It will be too late.

Hehehehehe

Since when did this idol worshippers start using the "heaven is real, hell is real" mantra? Dear, the race is neither to the swift nor the battle to the strong. Do you have any clue where you'd be going after death? It might be interesting to wonder why Mohammed himself was not so sure at the point of death!
I dont wish to follow a false "prophet" who at the point of one of his most important decisions in his life could not be so sure what "his lord" would do to him in the end!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 08, 2006
a nice piece,a muslim who still thinks like a human.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W3iTycX4Dto&mode=related&search=
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 08, 2006
In case you didn't see what all the hoopla was about.
Here you are.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/danish_muslim_cartoons
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2006
@ Olabowale

still waiting for your response to my contribution.

@ Nilla,

If it is not, then why are muslims the ones mainly associated with it?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 1:54pm On Oct 09, 2006
enugu,

you want to tell me since man was created, only muslims have been terrorizing people 

even American high school students have been known to terrorize their mates at school.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2006
nilla:

enugu,

you want to tell me since man was created, only muslims have been terrorizing people

even American high school students have been known to terrorize their mates at school.

No Nilla, I do not want to tell you that Muslims are the only one terrorizing people, I asked why are they the ones mainly associated with it.

And if you had read my reply to Olabowale earlier, you would have understood where my train of thought came from. Terrorism has been and is. Amongst the people of the Niger Delta even! Their activities have also been labelled as terrorist.
However, my question was/is to you and him, why in recent times are the words terrorism and muslim synonymous

And while we are at it, why are questions asked about Islam not answered directly I asked you a question for clarification and you turned around and asked me another one. How does that answer my question and clarify my concerns

And before you jump on the bandwagon like others, about my motives, it shouldn't be an issue why I asked the question, it would be nice and polite to get a straightforward answer.

I hope that will happen on this forum. undecided
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2006
If you expect a straightforward answer from them,you'll be waiting a while.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 11:41pm On Oct 09, 2006
babyosisi:

If you expect a straightforward answer from them,you'll be waiting a while.

who is them?

Enugu,
I wish i can give you a "straight forward answer" to your question.
I really dont know the kind of answer you expected.

All i know is that terrorism is not a muslim problem.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2006
[table]
nilla:

Enugu,
I really don't know the kind of answer you expected.

[/table]

Okay Nilla, at least I've tried. If you and Olabowale are not able to give me any answers, straight or crooked forward, then at least permit me to draw my own conclusions; because eventually, that's what happens where there is no clarification.

Thank you
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 10, 2006
nilla:

Enugu,

It is this kind of ambiguity or conclusions without well researched premises that makes one wonder if certain people are being genuine or just wanting to stand on the other side out of religious or moral compulsion!

No one derives joy in declaring that terrorism is synonymous with Islam but you will agree with me that it is not mere coincidence that virtually ALL terrorists are muslims!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 2:59am On Oct 10, 2006
nilla:

who is them?

Enugu,

your answer above is exactly my point.
@ enugu if you're expecting them to admit that Islamic violent teachings turn them into killers and bombers,they will never admit that.
nilla wants to know the answer you expect,then she'll give it.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 3:57am On Oct 10, 2006
@Babyosisi: It is the the Islam that is me that I have repressed the Yoruba in me against Havila. If it was not Islam, I will unleash the worrior blood that flows in my blood, from my bloodline. Is terrorism a muslim problem? No. Are the muslims behaving badly right now? Yes. The enemy of Islam, within and outside of Islam are reaping the benefit.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2006
Enugu,

i dont know what kind of answer you want from me. i'm not muslim. All i know is what i've said before.

Terrorism is not a muslim problem. Plain and simple. if thinking it is a muslim problem makes you feel better, then thats fine.
We have other people behaving badly and they are not muslims.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Aggressa(m): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: It is the the Islam that is me that I have repressed the Yoruba in me against Havila. If it was not Islam, I will unleash the worrior blood that flows in my blood, from my bloodline.

grin grin grin grin grin grin@ 'yeye warrior' Olabowale,
On the other hand what you are really saying is: you could have order somebody or 'something' to do me harm after all your are a muslim warrior like Muhammed, abi?. Have you not heard or do you not know what the Word said about Me: "There is no divination that can harm Israel, neither is there any enchantment against Judah" I am a Yoruba like you, but I believe in a God who is greater than Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo etc race and our various 'idiosyn-crazies' grin, so it is Him only I have Holy fear for. You are not talking like your projected age OlaB., not surprised anyway. You are full of hot-hair, you can't do me nada!!; your blood is boiling, don't forget your anti-psychotic medications. Low-life nincompoop!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Havila: You walked on the surface of the earth of Allah. You are under Allah's heaven, yet you insult His messenger! Didn't you know the story about the people of Elephant's in the year of the birth of Muhammad? Haven't you heard about the defeat of the Quraishi in Badr? You are not important. You are less significant than a fly on the wall. You may think of yourself to be important. that is a game in your delutional mind.

If I am ready for you, I will invite you to your home town, whereever that might be in Nigeria. Then, I will let you know that menare separate from boys. It is not by the anatomic structure. You are very mouthy. You remind me of a military bombardia pilot. He brags about his military successes and his sexual prowess. It turns out that he never flew a mission and he is impotent. The whole world is a village now. Your condition is a dire one.

If you continue like this, the Owner of the day of Judgement, Who did send Jesus (son of mary) in the same religious line as the prophets before him and then Muhammad (AS), may disgrace you as pharaoh was disgraced through the hand of Moses(AS)' And as goliat was disgraced through the hand of Daud(AS), for Allah is capable of doing all things. Evidently, you do not have any consult. Yet, you claim that you are happily married. Am sure if you tell her about your rampage on the nairaland site, she will definately have a sincere advise for you.

You are young. Your afterbirth is still bloody. Be careful. You are threading on the path that can lead to ruin. Arrogance was the sin of satan. He never was forgive, because he did not seek any. His condition will not be a good one at the end. Havila, if that is a name, I am asking you to rethink. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2006
olabowale:

@Havila: You walked on the surface of the earth of Allah. You are under Allah's heaven, yet you insult His messenger! Didn't you know the story about the people of Elephant's in the year of the birth of Muhammad? Haven't you heard about the defeat of the Quraishi in Badr? You are not important. You are less significant than a fly on the wall. You may think of yourself to be important. that is a game in your delutional mind.

What fables are you talking about here? People of elephants? Defeat of the Quraishi? Even Buddhists and Sango Worshippers can claim the same type of "miracles"! The surface of "allah's" earth? The same Allah who cannot remember if he created the earth flat or round? The same Allah who is not sure if truly mountains are pegs that hold down the earth?
Allah's heaven? Where is it? Since when did Allah himself suddenly develop his own heaven? Who goes there?

olabowale:

If you continue like this, the Owner of the day of Judgement, Who did send Jesus (son of mary) in the same religious line as the prophets before him and then Muhammad (AS), may disgrace you as pharaoh was disgraced through the hand of Moses(AS)' And as goliat was disgraced through the hand of Daud(AS), for Allah is capable of doing all things. Evidently, you do not have any consult. Yet, you claim that you are happily married. Am sure if you tell her about your rampage on the nairaland site, she will definately have a sincere advise for you.

Since when did Allah start claiming credit for the story of David and Goliath? Pray does an ignorant gnat like you fail to understand that David was a Jew fighting in Jewish colours? Or where the ancient Jews muslims too? Where in the Quran is the story of David and Goliath found?

Have you ever read about the statements David made before defeating Goliath? It is only ignorant idol worshippers like you who think he was refering to your "unseen", blind, deaf and dumb Allah!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2006
olabowole please stick to koranic stories because the muddled up old testament stories you attempt here get on my nerves.
Mohammed copied them from the bible incorrectly.
read the Biblical accounts and learn from them.
Don't sound ridiclous in a bid to score a point.
You are not helping yourself.

just a small piece of advice
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Aggressa(m): 11:58pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Olabowale,
At times, I really wonder how you think; however, going by the responses above to your recent post, that is a concern of a lot of peoples for you too.!! Well, it is the responsibility of every Christian to expose all works of evil where-ever we could find it, and that is what people are doing to Muhammed and Al-illa a.k.a Allah your moon god on this forum. I am walking on the earth that belong to the true God, the Holy one if Israel.
You have opened your heart to destruction and ruin with your hatred and bitterness directed at everything of Jesus Christ and the real God. However, the Lord is still knocking at the door of your heart, only if you could listen to the voice of reason but bitterness makes the soul black. Your soul is so black and your threats are the products of a frustrated mind. Go and do anything you can fathom in your evil heart, it will only come back to you and you alone. You will use your head to carry the evil works of your hand.
grin grin I have told you before "there is no divination that can harm Israel, neither is there any enchantment against Judah". Dont you see nobody is afraid of you? just see how people respond to you now and compare it with before, dont you see how low you've sunk? That is what pride and intolerance does. Oma se o!!
I am praying for you because regardless of your hatred I still love you, but I hate everything you represent. It is what you are and represent that I despise totally!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2006
[table]
nilla:

Enugu,

i don't know what kind of answer you want from me. i'm not muslim. All i know is what i've said before.

Terrorism is not a muslim problem. Plain and simple. if thinking it is a muslim problem makes you feel better, then thats fine.
We have other people behaving badly and they are not muslims.
cry[/table]

@Nilla,

If you are not a muslim, then you are not really in any position to answer any of my questions. You should have stated that on this thread and it would have saved me the trouble of asking you as you do not know nor have the answers. And for the record, 'there is no kind of answer I want from you'

Secondly, if you read all my posts and understood them, you will see that I also mentioned the people of the Niger Delta as being involved in terrorist activities, however, it is not synonymous with them.

Your statement- if thinking it is a muslim problem makes you feel better, then thats fine, is a cop-out; you do not have the answers, just say so!  Don't use dismissive statements to evade or escape a logical conversation.

Finally, since as you said earlier that you are not a muslim, leave the answers to muslims because you cannot speak in-depth for them. You are only arguing on an emotional level on an issue which you are ill-prepared for which leaves you looking ignorant when I'm sure you are not.

Leave it for someone like Olabowale, who is[/b]a muslim and who, [b]when he eventually gets round to it, will hopefully, rise to the occasion and answer my questions without any frills.

cheers smiley
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2006
why do you guys always think that the people that are not on your side in calling muslims terrorist are muslims.

I never gave you the impression or said i was muslim.

Like i keep saying i dont know what kind of answer you expected from me.

Dont tell me what to answer or not answer. its a free for all thread isn't it.

the question is " Is terrorism a muslim problem"
to which my answer is no. We've had terrorists long before 911.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Bhola(f): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2006
Times like this I am glad I can write some few Yoruba words.

Ok, for Olabowale, haba, agba ni won pe yin o. Mo ni Uncles around your age, and if they try to act the way you have been doing, na to disown them o. Haba, ko si things ti e ti so fun Havila. E so, so much, you threatened to use stuff on him, if not for the Islam in you. Haba, ko si nothing ti e le se o. Awa kan gbadura fun awon ti won so truth and not scared to say it like it is.

Ejo, ema ji ki awon omo yin ma shake head, just because their father is going nuts online.

Give it a rest. Awon eniyan ri pe e, you are an angry and bitter old man. So kindly let it go. Just stay on point and if you can't understand how to discuss with out attacking the personality of the discussants, maybe you need not be here.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2006
nilla:

why do you guys always think that the people that are not on your side in calling muslims terrorist are muslims.

I never gave you the impression or said i was muslim.

Like i keep saying i don't know what kind of answer you expected from me.

Dont tell me what to answer or not answer. its a free for all thread isn't it.

the question is " Is terrorism a muslim problem"
to which my answer is no. We've had terrorists long before 911.

and Muslim terrorism started with 911?,never heard PANAM 183?,several in Naija and other places?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by stevematix(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2006
i don't think terrorism is an issue tagged to islam alone, i believe errorism is simply a religious problem. lets all take a minute to think about it. allrite fine, its not new that christians and moslems ave been going at it for centuries. but if u look deep in to the matter, u will realise it takes 2 tango and even worse, it takes 2 to fight.

now we have different religions aout there in the world today. some make sense, some don't. some have ideals, some have principles. now when 2  or more of these "numerous" religions don't  concurr to certain doctrines of the other. a fight may ensue. and incases where the laws of one of the religion include enforcing its doctrines upon another, definitely something grotesque and appalling like terrorism will occur.

thats just my opinion. feel free to criticise my views on the topc.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2006
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #256)
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2006
@Bhola: Thank you. Fortunately, there is not sign of bitterness in by heart and I am not a one who retched looking. Glory belonds to Allah, alone. I am a person who practices any thing other than depend on God, without any other. However, if you read my entries in the general sense of it, I have ignored a few of people who have personally attacked me.

When I was a little boy, I had friends who could actually have me as a grandchild. Now, I do have friends who are a lot younger that my own children. I have Nigerian friend who I could easily be his father. I do not let him or anybody give me undue respect. The reason is that I do not let age differences come between real personality. However, every person should be his/her own critic, before others. Majority is not always right, but it could rule. So is age. The truth is always right.

So read my entries and read other entries in response to me. When I descovered this board, I thought what you will have are mature people. I concentrated on religion alone. I avoid even the christian entries, because I do not want to offend anyone. If the nigerian mind is such that every other word is to abuse people and be very caustic, then what kind of future are we hoping for, say 100 years from now?

Some people will seaze at a chance to abuse the living and the dead, without any reflection, whatsoever. You want to abuse Muhammad (AS) and his Lord (Alla), go ahead. One is actually doing that at one's own peril. Some call Muhammad (AS) mo and Allah the Almighty allah. However, you need to caution yourself, always.

Thanks, again, Bhola. At the end, All thanks belong to Allah. I am neither bitter nor saddened "old man". God is good to me. I am successful and known in what I do. I am healthy and not sick. All of these are from the mercy of The Most Merciful on me. I have a lot of Christians and Jews as personal fiends and also as business associates. And they are not all Nigerians and Americans, alone. I also have Hindu and Buddist as friend. Inshort, I am a very happy man and grateful to God Almighty Allah for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

What Is Wrong With Tintingz? / Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On / Nigerian Girl Wins Qur’an Recitation Competition In Jordan From 40 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.