Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015 - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015 (17799 Views)

Lagos Film Industry Masterclass By The British Film Institute / Invasion 1897 / Invasion 1897. The Story Of... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015 by brothers(m): 9:14am On Feb 17, 2015
mrmagoo:

cheesy guy! No call am review o the op wey write am talk say no be review lol!

angry where is prof800 and my retract post?
Ehen you dey do parsheer abi?

grin guy abeg no kill person with laff

However I think you have a point, there was even a radio show one day
Where a guy said; nigeria's problems are still present because all
nigerians do is talk ,it may works for other countries but it may not work for us sometimes
We need to think and act differently
IMO for nollywood to develop
- they should scrap segregation in the industry not that hausa will do their own seperately from
The igbos and the yorubas they should all come together and combine their resources and expertise
- open investment platforms to fund film projects and developmental projects or courses etc
- more importantly, nigerian movies should do their own thing and stop copying hollywood and co like oct 1 for instance was a good movie but the detective serial killer routine was too colombo/sherlock holme-ish for my liking and even though afolayan could get away with it most nollywood movies fail woefully doing the same thing like this 1897 it won't surprise me if they shot the movie with troy in mind and now look at what happened, nollywood should have its kind of stories,concepts,content if possible all nollywood movies should be shot in indigenous languages
So we can relate to these movies and african culture can be promoted
My own take sha

2 Likes

Re: Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015 by mrmagoo(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2015
brothers:

grin guy abeg no kill person with laff

However I think you have a point, there was even a radio show one day
Where a guy said; nigeria's problems are still present because all
nigerians do is talk ,it may works for other countries but it may not work for us sometimes
We need to think and act differently
IMO for nollywood to develop
- they should scrap segregation in the industry not that hausa will do their own seperately from
The igbos and the yorubas they should all come together and combine their resources and expertise
- open investment platforms to fund film projects and developmental projects or courses etc
- more importantly, nigerian movies should do their own thing and stop copying hollywood and co like oct 1 for instance was a good movie but the detective serial killer routine was too colombo/sherlock holme-ish for my liking and even though afolayan could get away with it most nollywood movies fail woefully doing the same thing like this 1897 it won't surprise me if they shot the movie with troy in mind and now look at what happened, nollywood should have its kind of stories,concepts,content if possible all nollywood movies should be shot in indigenous languages
So we can relate to these movies and african culture can be promoted
My own take sha

Lol! Guy free nairalanders for them mind them rants dey keep nollywood producers on their toes

1 Like

Re: Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015 by brothers(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2015
mrmagoo:

Lol! Guy free nairalanders for them mind them rants dey keep nollywood producers on their toes
grin crazy dude
Smh
Re: Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015 by Ignatio(m): 6:57am On Feb 20, 2015
Olagospel:
I would really love to watch the movie. It is a good thing that we are taking time to criticise/appreciate such movies. This is supposed to help our film professionals. Nigeria has the potential to be producing Grammy-winning movies.

Movies go for Grammys too
Nollywood fans too are part of the problem too.
Re: Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015 by homesteady(m): 8:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
I watched the film on Thursday - I was so disappointed by the war and fire graphics! it was beyond poor! the fire was so obviously fakeeeeee and nauseating!
Where did all the money go to? they couldn't even afford to burn a clay hut, a clay freaking hut!
I've watched many low budget Nollywood movies where they burnt huts!

But apart from that, the film was great! I felt the passion of the acting!
Re: Invasion 1897 - British Film Institue - Q&A Session - 7th Feb, 2015 by prof800(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
@homesteady, thanks for your honesty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jim Iyke's "A Star In Heaven" Movie To Premier On May 25th (watch Trailer) / Chomzy Wins Head Of House. BBNAIJA 2022 (Video) / Fears Over Indecency Broadcast In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.