Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1211929 members, 1569322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 29 July 2014 at 09:40 AM

Black People Love One Another. - Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Black People Love One Another. (1023 Views)

Are Most Black People Naturally Dumb Or Just Careless? / Why Are Whites More Accepting Of Mixed Raced People Than Black People? / All Black People Descended From Africa #2 (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black People Love One Another. by NINETOFIVE(m): 1:13am On Aug 23, 2006
Distruction was the original plan against us black people, call it what ever you like; CONTINENTAL AFRICANS, AFRICAN AMERICANS, AFRO CARIBEANS, DIASPORA BLACKS. Initially it was slavery, then colonization [ colonization wasn't was it seems, colonization was land posesion, South Africa and Zimbabwe is a very good example ] and now racism. If it wasn't for our collective struggles we would have faced the same faith the AMERINDIANS [ Red Indians ] faced. Thank you CONTINENTAL AFRICAN FORE FATHERS for your fight to keep the land, thank you AFRICAN AMERICAN FORE FATHERS for your fight for freedom and the civil right movement, thank you AFRO CARIBEAN FORE FATHERS for your fight for the emancipation of black people from mental slavery, thank you DIASPORA BLACK for keeping the faith. Make no mistakes all the threads I started in Nairaland is only but for corrective measures, charity begins at home, I love all my people and you are all beautiful. We are too hated to spend a second hating one another, we are all in the struggle together, we shall all support one another, we will surely get there, all you need to do is just be there for your own, cause is not easy to be us. I know there are few bad eggs in our Black race, but always look at the big picture, the bible said love your neighbor as yourselves, in other to extend love, you have to love yourself first, may GOD bless you all, I love you all. tell me why you think we cant make it, and what needs to be done to make it work.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by NINETOFIVE(m): 2:52am On Aug 24, 2006
there is saying that goes black and unity don't go together, how true is these?.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 5:02am On Aug 24, 2006
Working together spiders can tie up a lion.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Maat: 5:30am On Aug 24, 2006
@ Nintofive

Ninetofive, I just love you grin

What can we do to make it work? We just have to keep good people like yourself working for black people and we have to recruit more people like you and Drusilla
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Cleofel(f): 5:33am On Aug 24, 2006
is really very difficult to do this,all black people together?

I think we should leave all to the almighty God,through prayers.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by chinani(f): 6:54am On Aug 24, 2006
I love human kind.

But sometimes it's a struggle.

I love my black folks--

And it's always easy. kiss
Re: Black People Love One Another. by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2006
Maat:

@ Nintofive

Ninetofive, I just love you grin

What can we do to make it work? We just have to keep good people like yourself working for black people and we have to recruit more people like you and Drusilla

Thanks thats very lovely, they key to achieving this is through information and awareness, people should be made to have a sense of pride, from what I can is lacking for now, black people should be able to stand up for themselves and freely discurse the problems facing black people. For example the last thing a black British would do is talk about black people or problems facing Black people in Britain, even if anybody decides to talk about that, the same Black British would attack the person verbally on the TV, because the so called Black British wants to keep the state of mind of white people in check [ they don't want to hurt white people's feelings]. you have to agree with me that there are people that needs to know they can do it.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Maat: 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2006
@nintofive

For example the last thing a black British would do is talk about black people or problems facing Black people in Britain, even if anybody decides to talk about that, the same Black British would attack the person verbally on the TV, because the so called Black British wants to keep the state of mind of white people in check [ they don't want to hurt white people's feelings]. you have to agree with me that there are people that needs to know they can do it.

You are right ninetofive

I keep trying to tell everyone at nairaland that we are all black. There should not even be a such thing as a Black British or a A.A. or a Caribbean black. This is all a part of the set up. To make us feel as though we no longer belong to Africa, we are no longer considered black. A young man in nairaland just told me that "I am Nigerian first, I just so happen to be black" I aksed him would he say that a white person is a Nigerian African? He never answered me. You being a Nigerian man, if this makes sense to you could you please explain it to mean and what it means?
Re: Black People Love One Another. by kiki(f): 7:16am On Aug 26, 2006
i love black folks but they always hatin on each other i'm black 2 and i don't think stuuf like dis hould be happenin among us not after all we've went thro well maybe not us but our fatheers u know
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Chxta(m): 12:52pm On Aug 26, 2006
925 you have very noble objectives, but I think that you might just be pursuing them in the wrong manner. As a peoples we need to be first educated. Once that is achieved and we are all comfortable, then we can truly turn to the greater task of emancipation. The whites use their educational advantage to devastating effect against us.

WE NEED TO LAY SPECIAL EMPHASIS ON THE EDUCATION OF THE GIRL CHILD.

To educate a man is to educate an individual, but to educate a woman is to educate and liberate a nation --- Malcolm X.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Hugoboi(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2006
To educate a man is to educate an individual, but to educate a woman is to educate and liberate a nation --- Malcolm X.

THE G.O.A.T { Greatest of all time!!}
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2006
Chxta,

You need to be more specific than you have been.

Black people need a Black Education before they can begin to emancipate themselves.

Malcolm X never went to college.

He was a self-educated man.

Widely known in America for taking a dictionary and starting at the begining and learning every word, in prison. Also taught by Nation of Islam, we can rest assured that Malcolm X was referring to a Black Education.

So be careful about advocating any ole education.

We do not lack educated Black people, we lack people with a Black Education.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2006
Chxta,

All Education was built on the idea of a community educating it's members to serve the community.

We are the only people in the world, who allows our Black children to be educated in a system designed to bring forth good service to the European Community.

The results: Corrupt African leadership that never works in the interest of the African countries they lead.

We need a Black Education.

Compare the difference between Ghana and Nigeria.

Ghana -- keeps the lights on, streets are known for their cleanness, opens the doors to Diaspora Africans, easily absorbed the Ghanian refugees, distributed power evenly across Ghana by giving power to & recognizing 110 local districts, one of the best economies in Africa. Widely known for embracing all Black people.

Nigeria -- Can't keep the lights on, known for crime, cuts off even Nigerians who live in the Diaspora, power is concentrated in the hands of those who can grab power, power is not distributed evenly, local folks start revolutions daily to try to gain more power for their group, one of the most lopsided economies in Africa, where people have come to expect to be a little hungry at the end of the day and Nigeria has farmland that is not used for anything, dependent on others to feed their populations. Known even among Nigerians for treating all Black people especially other Nigerians as second class citizens.

Why so much difference?

Ghana -- First country in the world to build a statue of W.E.B. Dubois and Nkrumah, showing their embrace of the Negritude (Afrocentric) ideas. Values all Black people.

Nigeria -- Many can be seen talking about how much better the whites did in Nigeria, a current of "we africans are in incapable of doing better", is widely known, worship of whites to the point of considering their own Nigerian people to be unworthy.

Once again proving that a Black Education is the most important.

It's not about the many, many famous African Americans that Ghana embraced or the African Americans that trained Nkrumah in America before he went back to free the first African country from colonialism.

It's about the fact that Ghana embraced Black People. Period. After recieving a Black Education.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by edygirl(f): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2006
"Black Education" What is that?
Re: Black People Love One Another. by edygirl(f): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2006
@Drusilla,

I don't seem to understand what you mean by Black education but whether black or white, it is only those who already know the value of education can be talked to about the Black education so with this I  strongly support Chxta in saying that Education should be sought first.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2006
Edygirl,

A Black Education is one that teaches Black people to value themselves.

For instance loving our Blackselves is far more important than being able to brag that we have read Aristotle and Hobbes.

So a Black person with all the college degrees in the world, but no love for Black people, is totally useless to Africa.

Any education that does not educate the Black child to be dedicated to the total health and wellbeing of Africa and Africans, is not a Black Education.

Look at all the African leaders outside of Ghana.

They all have college degrees and expert training from Whites. Look at the conditions of their countries. Poor.

Now look at the man, who did not finish college and is held up as the one who made Ghana into what most consider the best African country south of the sahel.

Let's give another example from America's history.

In 1950 only 35 percent of those who entered public highschools graduated from highschool.

Yet it was in 1945 that America took over the world particularily Europe and Japan.

In effect, America was a land of illiterates, with less education than Nigeria and we took over the world.

Bill Gates dropped out of college after only 1 year.

Was Bill Gates wrong to value his own thinking and his own ideas, less than the college education, he could have had?

Of course not.

Valuing Black people is a mandatory part of all Education if we hope to see anything different in Africa.

A college degree is only optional and only desirable only if it in all it's courses, it respects the main idea of Valuing Black people.

You can get a thousand college degrees but if they did not cause you to value Black People, their totally worthless and as we see in the case of Africa's leaders, who have college degrees, it can be down right dangerous with terrible results for Black people to have college degrees and not an Black Education.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by edygirl(f): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2006
@Drusilla, I respect your opinion on this topic but I am still not satisfied with your explanation of the black education.
Drusilla:

Edygirl,

A Black Education is one that teaches Black people to value themselves.
As far as I am concerned, Education teaches people how to value themselves. And if it does then, it is left for us either black or white to value ourselves as the white we are or as the black we are. And if you as a black person could value the blackness in you because of the education you have acquired, then the value of education as a black education is evident. So when it boils down to it, we all are talking about acquiring an education. Please drusilla if you know of anyother education that teaches people or the black people on how not to value themselves or hate themselves, please don't hesitate to post it.
Have a nice day.
Have a nice day now.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2006
to edygirl

edygirl:

@Drusilla, I respect your opinion on this topic but I am still not satisfied with your explanation of the black education. As far as I am concerned, Education teaches people how to value themselves. And if it does then, it is left for us either black or white to value ourselves as the white we are or as the black we are. And if you as a black person could value the blackness in you because of the education you have acquired, then the value of education as a black education is evident. So when it boils down to it, we all are talking about acquiring an education. Please drusilla if you know of anyother education that teaches people or the black people on how not to value themselves or hate themselves, please don't hesitate to post it.
Have a nice day.
Have a nice day now.

If you don't know what black education is, then I may have to help you here, most of the education an average black person gets is an education that teaches them to see things mostly from white mans point of view, how can you even argue about black education when the language of education in Africa is white mans language [ie even if you are an and dull but you have good command of English, you are an intelectual].

African governments don't invest in research's, they don't even know what research is all about, BLACK EDUCATION IS AN EDUCATION THAT ALLOWS YOU AS A BLACK INDIVIDUAL TO BE PART OF IT WHILE ERADICATING ALL BIAS UNDERTONES, MAKING SURE QUALITIES OF EDUCATION IS NOT SABOTAGED THEREFORE MAINTAINING EQUAL STANDARD WITH CONVENTIONAL EDUCATION.

In Russia the same thing was done [ the education they pass on to there children is not western or English education, but they were the first to travel to the space], in china the same thing was done, even in India the same thing was done, why can't Africans do the same.

We have a lot of Africans with conventional education [white educaton], but a lot of people are dying of hunger in central Africa because there is no rain, the fact that there is no rain in that land does not mean the land can not be transformed, when we would acquire black education we would not be afraid to dream, the greatest projects you 've ever seen was once somebody's dream.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 6:44am On Aug 27, 2006
Edygirl,

Think on this:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Why is it that 1 picture can convey more than a thousand words?

Because there are things in this world that do not have to be expressed to send a message.

Now think on the picture that Black children (and everybody else)has been shown of themselves for the last 600 years?

It is a very terrible picture shown of Black people.

The message from those pictures, is conveyed without words.

So when a Black child or Black person is given an education and at every turn, it is this white guy did this and Europe accomplished this, and whites did that.

A message is being conveyed to Black children, even though it was unspoken.

Yet in this world, the message about Black people is not just unspoken but in fact negativity about Black folks is very much spoken and in pictures.

There is one white lady who gives seminars to show the effects of being talked to negatively all the time based on charecteristics you exhibit. She uses blue or brown eyes as her example.

She tests each person at the beginning of the seminar. Then she makes them wear a blue or brown collar. Then she begins to talk althrough the seminar about how well blue collared people do and about how badly brown collared people do.

At the end of the seminar, she gives them the exact same test as the begining test.

Guess what happens? Those with blue collars do better than they did at first and those with brown collars do worse than they had at first.

In otherwords, just one hour of constant put downs or compliments changes the test outcomes.

Now imagine Black people in this world, who from morning to night, hear only constant criticism of themselves?

You can read about the white lady's seminar here:
http://www.janeelliott.com/workshop.htm

The point being is that a Black child sitting through class after class, where a white person is shown as an explorer, a leader, a revolutionary, heck even God, an inventor, the first poet, book maker, etc, etc.

Is in fact conveying an unspoken message to Black children(and white children).

When you add the frequently spoken negative messages that are going out to Black children.

You end up with a mental disaster for Black children.

The message that Blacks are worthless in this world, has been throughly conveyed to the Black (and white) child.

Continued in next post.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 7:41am On Aug 27, 2006
Edygirl,

When all the world conveys negative messages to you about Black people and positive messages about white people.

What does the human psyche do, to protect itself from this assault?

It disconnects.

A Black person in this world must find some way to distance themselves from other Black people, whom the world has been taught are bad.

Let me tell you about one of my pet peeves about African Americans (and Continental Africans), with an education.

One of the first things they will tell you about themselves, is what is special about them, that ALL OTHER BLACKS, do not have.

They cling to their education and their parents and will tell you about the one teacher who saved them or why they did not end up dead and in prison as all their friends did.

It's a complete joke. I can stand in a room full of 5000 Black folks and they will all have the same: I made it because I valued education and did not listen to my silly friends story.

None of them seem to notice that there are many, many other Black people who made it and did it. They cling to the idea that it is JUST THEM.

This is the psychological way that they have distanced themselves from other black people and since they are not like other Black people, they give themselves permission to be better than the whole world says that Black people can be.

They will avoid being lumped together with all other Blacks as if being Black is a disease.

When I meet Nigerians here who see themselves as different from other uneducated Nigerians and different from their corrupt leaders and different from African Americans.

I know what I am seeing, the disconnect from all Black people. Their white education is complete.

Now here is the point of all of this.

You said: An education teach's you to value yourself.

Well what would happen if an white education taught you to value yourself as special and all other Black people as worthless?

Would you end up with your education -- lining your own pockets with the wealth that should have went to all the Black people in your country?

Of course you would.

It should be clear to see that is EXACTLY what has happenned in Africa.

This is why African leaders think nothing of stealing from the people, killing the people, forcing the people to pay bribes and giving all the goods and money only to the members in their family or tribe that they consider valuable.

They value themselves and their own family's and do not value Black people as a whole.

They are totally disconnected from Black people. All they have to worry about is their ownselves and their white backers.

Black people need a Black Education.

Martin Luther King & Nkrumah & Nelson Mandela had a Black Education. Look at how Black people think of them.

So in fact having a Black Education can change the whole world for the better and gives you more power in the world, than the sick corrupt white educated black leader, who like Charles Taylor and many others, usually ends up in prison.

It's a no brainer almost that a Black Education should be embraced by all Black folks, rich and poor, educated and uneducated.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Chxta(m): 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2006
Drusilla, I believe that by a lack of black education here you are talking about the fact that we lack knowledge of our own history?

True, we lack a sense of our own history. Sadly that can't be helped. Our ancestors didn't develop a defined way of keeping records.

As for the sciences, sin x is sin x whether it is given in Igbo, English or Urdu. My point there is that the moment we truly start to excel in the sciences for example (like the Japanese, Chinese and Indians) that self respect from both ourselves and the outside world would naturally follow.

Our basic problem remains the inability to ask fundamental questions. I have dealt with this on my blog before, and at the moment have no wish to go into it again.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2006
Chxta:

Drusilla, I believe that by a lack of black education here you are talking about the fact that we lack knowledge of our own history?

True, we lack a sense of our own history. Sadly that can't be helped. Our ancestors didn't develop a defined way of keeping records.

As for the sciences, sin x is sin x whether it is given in Igbo, English or Urdu. My point there is that the moment we truly start to excel in the sciences for example (like the Japanese, Chinese and Indians) that self respect from both ourselves and the outside world would naturally follow.

Our basic problem remains the inability to ask fundamental questions. I have dealt with this on my blog before, and at the moment have no wish to go into it again.

my good friend stop sounding funny, the so called countries you mentioned above study science in there mothers tongue, they don't have to go through the burden of thinking in there own language but studying in a different language, get the logics my brother. all those small details you seem to over look is what that creates a genius, I speak 11 languages very well but my thinking language is Igbo, thats the default language in my head.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 2:52am On Aug 28, 2006
Chxta,

925 makes an excellent point about the language you think in. Many African scholars have talked about Language as the Colonizer of the Mind.

Let us look closely at what you have assumed about mathematics.

First, I just picked up a book specifically related to the sin etc,etc signs of Trigonometry. It was a book showing an easier method of getting the answer.

Why is it that you believe sin x equals sin x and that author of the radical new method did not? Why did he feel permission to experiment and then go on to prove that it is easier to get sin x by some other method?

That comes from being having permission to believe that mathematic theory's are just as changeable as any other theory's.

Secondly, I have talked before about the Japanese mathematical methods. You assume that they ate at the hands of whites and that they follow anything white.

But they do not.

First they teach their children with an abacus. This teaches their children that Math is an ancient Japanese field and their children own mathematics.

Secondly, do white children believe that you can count to ten on one single hand or 20 on 2 hands? Of course they do not. But this is how Japanese children are trained.

Why do the Japanese purposely inject Japanese thinking and historical Japanese mathematics forms into mathematics training?

And the result? Japanese children think they own mathematics and they do!

So do not consider History a field separate from all other fields. Nor should you consider mathematics a field untouchable by culture and history.

Nigerians also have an old system of mathematical thinking but the most this would be mentioned in an Nigerian classroom, is as a joke.

We aught to reconsider that way of thinking about our own ways.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 3:17am On Aug 28, 2006
Chxta,

I give you the opening statement from the Mathematicians of the African Diaspora hosted by the Univeristy of Buffalo.

In Mathematics, more than any other field of study, have we heard proclamations and statements similar to, "The Negro is incapable of succeeding." Ancient and present achievements contradict such statements. One of the purposes of this website is to exhibit the inaccuracy of those proclamations by exhibiting the accomplishments of the peoples of Africa and the African Diaspora within the Mathematical Sciences.

Their site contains links to Africans in not only Mathematics but all scientists and it contains links to historical Black Mathematicians and Scientists.

Let me tell you this. Often African Americans are presented with the idea that Africans have never done anything in the area of the sciences and/or mathematics.

African Americans point to the accomplishments of Africans in America.

Guess what the argument then moves to?

Ebonics.

Why does the argument suddenly change to an argument about Ebonics?

Because Ebonics is the proof that African Americans weild to show that they have indeed retained some aspects of their African self.

If you look up Ebonics, you will find some of the strangest books about it. White scholars writing about Ebonics, to prove that Ebonics is ALL ENGLISH or AMERICAN based.

While you will on the other hand find African scholars from America, Jamaica, Brazil showing how Ebonics could not be based solely on America or English because then why would Africans not from America or from English speaking countries speak in their own form of Ebonics?

Why in fact can you find Ebonics in any African group that is off the continent?

The whites want one thing to be found. They want African Americans to be totally disconnected from Africa and Africans.

That way, all of the absolutely astounding scientists and scientific inventions that African Americans brought forth in this world (airconditioning, refridgeration, 40 percent of the train, stop lights, blood transplants, heart surgery, mayonaise, oil, shoe lasting machines, etc,l etc) can not be said to give credit to Black people as being great scientists and mathematical genuis's.

http://www.math.buffalo.edu/mad/00.INDEXmad.html

You should look around and see what Black Mathematicians are talking about.

You will soon discover one of the best kept secrets about America.

There are far more Black scientists than there are basketball players.

You should then begin to understand that it is a lie, that if Blacks just got into the sciences and the math, they would get respect and not need to worry about their own black cultures.

Continental Africans came to America and embraced science and math, a very long time ago, and consequently their African American descendants have invented darn near everything.

We got scientists and inventors and mathematicians, what we lack is a Black Education.

This is why the MAD (mathematicians of the Diaspora) concentrates on showcasing Black Math and Science acheivements.

Black Mathematicians in America are very aware that it is not enough to be a mathematician, you must be Black also.

Go to their website, have a look. Ancient Nigeiran Mathematics are shown there also. You might enjoy it, if you like math and science.

Links to African studies departments world wide are there.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 3:46am On Aug 28, 2006
Chxta,

Just some of the ways that Africa can be inserted into any Mathematics or Science education in Africa.

I present through some examples an overview- necessarily incomplete-of geometrical ideas in African cultures, as manifested in the work of wood and ivory carvers, potters, painters, weavers, mat and basket makers, and of so many other laborious and creative African men and women alike.
In the second chapter of the book I show using examples from Senegal in the west to Madagascar in the southeast, how diverse African ornaments and artifacts, varying from woven knots to symmetrical designs and to infinite decorative patterns, may be used as a starting point to create an attractive educational context in which students may be led to discover the pythagorean Theorem and find proofs of it.

Just imagine African girls and boys finding the pythagorean theorem on their own, using their own African shapes and customs and cultures.

It would give them ownership of what they learned.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Chxta(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2006
Drusilla:

Chxta,

Just imagine African girls and boys finding the pythagorean theorem on their own, using their own African shapes and customs and cultures.

It would give them ownership of what they learned.

So why didn't we discover in the last 3000 years what Pythagoras discovered some 3000 years ago?
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Chxta(m): 9:37am On Aug 28, 2006
NINETOFIVE:

my good friend stop sounding funny, the so called countries you mentioned above study science in there mothers tongue, they don't have to go through the burden of thinking in there own language but studying in a different language, get the logics my brother. all those small details you seem to over look is what that creates a genius, I speak 11 languages very well but my thinking language is Igbo, thats the default language in my head.

Urdu is an Indian language, and actually the language for instruction in most Indian schools is English (I've been there, so I know). I think in Igbo as well, but I can also think in English, Hausa, French and German. Doesn't make me less Igbo than I am.

Analogy: the Israelis have the advantage of most Israelis being bi-lingual. They not only think in Hebrew, but in Arabic or some other languages as well. It has lead not to the loss of identity, but to a superiority over their neighbours.

We have been unable to turn what advantages we may possess into superiority. And therein lies the problem.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Chxta(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2006
Drusilla and 925, you guys seem to be missing my point. My point is in the records. There is no doubt that Africans must have made discoveries of their own sometime in the last few millenia of mankind, I grew up in Benin, and I have seen things that couldn't possibly have been given us by the whites.

I don't subscribe to the theory that one race is genetically inferior to the other, while I don't also subscribe to the theory that the whites did better than us solely because of environmental factors (though I'd be the first to admit that that played a huge role).

What I believe is this: we failed because of two things: our inability to keep records (how many Nairalanders who grew up in Naija can name all the members of their kindergarten classes) and also because of our inability to form large nation states.

This is an argument I'll come back to. For now, I must be off.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2006
To Chyxta,

Chxta:

So why didn't we discover in the last 3000 years what Pythagoras discovered some 3000 years ago?

I can't see the way all these antagonism surmounts to contribution, do you antagonize every thing that is yours?, you antagonize the Igbo's, you antagonize all black people, learn t o be positive, you will surely contribute a lot more that way.

Chxta:

Urdu is an Indian language, and actually the language for instruction in most Indian schools is English (I've been there, so I know).

Hindi is the National language of India while English is a dyeing language spoken by only 3 to 4 percent of Indian population, English language is considered as a symbol of slavery in Indian, which is why most Indians either don't speak English at all, or the few ones that speaks English speaks it badly
[  phonetics ''0'' ], to drive my point home, in Britain each time the British are doing any program that has multicultural undertone, they first write in English, Hindi for Indians and and in Chinese on what ever posters they distribute around. The British are aware that blacks are the largest minority group in Britain but they don't bother because they know that most of the blacks, even in there country of origin, English is the national language. omitting China and Japan shows you just want to start argument where there is non.

Chxta:

I think in Igbo as well, but I can also think in English, Hausa, French and German. Doesn't make me less Igbo than I am.

All what I said is based on facts, people could chose to think consciously in what ever language they chose, but when you are not conscious of your actions, the only language you think in, is the default language in your brain, here is an experiment:

1,  try to wake anybody you know that speaks many languages in the middle of the night abruptly, you would be surprised that the person would speak only the     default language in there brain, for the first few seconds

2,  Try to get somebody that speaks many languages very very angry, if the person gets hysterical you will be surprised again that the person would only speak  the default language in there brain.

My brother this is part of the science you are talking about.

Note:

Most default languages no matter how new or strange the word is you might not need a dictionary.

Can you imagine how wonderful is going to be, even when students are not paying attention to the teacher but they still understand every thing just by hearing it, can you imagine how wonderful is going to be, if a so called Nigerian illiterate would pick a physics textbook, read it and understand it.  The reason why you and most Africans talk about Education as a big deal is because in Africa, we study in a way that makes education to look like is something far from us, instead of something within, education should be a necessity for God sake. In Russia a PHD holder sells tomato in the market, In Russia an earo engineer lyes drunk in the street.

Chxta:

Analogy: the Israelis have the advantage of most Israelis being bi-lingual. They not only think in Hebrew, but in Arabic or some other languages as well. It has lead not to the loss of identity, but to a superiority over their neighbours.

And what is the national language of Israel?, Hebrew, and in what way are they superior to there neighbors, by having enemies around them?, Mind you if not for  America and for the fact that America has been using Israel to watch and control Arab countries [ this is non of our problems anyway ], they would have been at the bottom. Have you ever asked yourself the system of economy that has been sustaining Israel since it was formed, they 've been fighting wars from day one and there economy is okay, does that happen any where in the world?. when are we going to stop believing all we read and start asking questions?, when are we going to start thinking?.

Chxta:

We have been unable to turn what advantages we may possess into superiority. And therein lies the problem.

If speaking English is what you count as superiority, then my friend you have problems, I 've always said it you do, the Chinese don't understand your English, the Russians don't understand your English either, but look at them today, my brother get away from Inferiority complex.

Chxta:

Drusilla and 925, you guys seem to be missing my point. My point is in the records. There is no doubt that Africans must have made discoveries of their own sometime in the last few millenia of mankind, I grew up in Benin, and I have seen things that couldn't possibly have been given us by the whites.

Then wake up and live, contribute, is not too late to start.

Chxta:

What I believe is this: we failed because of two things: our inability to keep records (how many Nairalanders who grew up in Naija can name all the members of their kindergarten classes) and also because of our inability to form large nation states.

Thats is why there is a need to do something, in principle am not against larger nations or one Nigeria, but one Nigeria that is enslaved to everything foreign?, count me out, even I have theories that would stop tribalism in Nigeria for ever, but am afraid that if I say it , it would sound like blasphemy, but may be I 'll say it in the future.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Drusilla(f): 3:05am On Aug 29, 2006
Chxta,

I want you to understand something clearly. Here is a link to PBS (which is not Black Americans), it shows their story of how whitemen so terribly rejected the idea that Africans could do anything, that the whiteman began to tear down ancient buildings in Zimbabwe. The buildings were clearly African and the man did not want them associated with the Great Wall of Zimbabwe, which he was sure a whiteman had built.

A quote from PBS:

Bent was amateurish and narrow-minded but not utterly incompetent. The same could not be said of Richard Nicklin Hall, a local journalist and author of The Ancient Ruins of Rhodesia. In what would prove to be one of the most sickeningly misguided assignments in the history of archeological preservation, the BSA appointed Hall Curator of Great Zimbabwe, with a mandate to undertake "not scientific research but the preservation of the building." Instead, Hall, hell-bent on finally settling the issue of its origins, launched into a full-scale "archeological" investigation. Claiming he was removing the "filth and decadence of the Kaffir occupation," he scoured the site for signs of its white builders, discarding from three to 12 feet of stratified archeological deposits throughout Great Zimbabwe. An archeologist who visited the site shortly after Hall left deemed his fieldwork "reckless blundering ,  worse than anything I have ever seen."

Word eventually got back to the BSA of Hall's desecration of southern Africa's greatest archeological treasure, and he was dismissed. But the damage had been done. "Hall's disastrous activities left only vestiges of archeological deposits within the walls," wrote Garlake in his book Great Zimbabwe, "a paucity that was to inhibit all future scientific work."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/zimbabwe.html

My point to you is quite simple:You seem to assume an innocence in the writing of history and attribution of pythagoras theorem and other facts to whites.

When in reality, the lies that whites have told are well documented, by whites themselves.

One of the most academic shattering theory's that is changing all of scholarship right now as we speak, is the idea that the last 400 years should be referred to as Aryan period.

The Aryan period is a period, where whites rewrote, lied about, changed everything that can be found to be good in this world, to claim it as their own Aryan history.

Whites have "white washed" history.

For instance, it is known as fact: That the Babylonians had the pythagoras theorem, 1000 years before pythagoras. So why is it attributed to this Greek man?

Secondly, you can read this book about how the Africans had the pythagoras.

Gerdes, Paulus, African Pythagoras: A Study in Culture and Mathematics Education, Universidade Pedagógica, Maputo, Mozambique, 1994. (Available from the author at P.O. Box 3276, Maputo, Mozambique).

Your view that everything whites wrote down in books was written innocently because it is the truth and their culture and seeing themselves as superior played no part in what they wrote, is damn near blasphemy to educated people of color in the world. Arabs, Asians, Indians and Africans complain about it and the majority of white scholars completely agree.

Here is another example: Listen to this website.

The Moscow and Rhind Mathematical Papyri are two of the oldest mathematical texts discovered.

Why are the oldest Mathematical text named after Europeans? Why must African children learning Math history about these documents as if they are European documents?

Both documents were found in Africa!! From the same website:

Based on the palaeography of the hieratic text, it probably dates to the Eleventh dynasty of Egypt.

The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus dates to the Second Intermediate Period of Egypt. It was copied by the scribe Ahmes (i.e., Ahmose; Ahmes is an older transcription favoured by historians of mathematics), from a now-lost text from the reign of king Amenemhat III (12th dynasty). Written in the hieratic script, this Egyptian manuscript is 33 cm tall and over 5 meters long, and was first translated in the late 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_and_Rhind_Mathematical_Papyri

My point is this, whites are not innocently teaching the world that the oldest Mathematical documents in the world are European, when in fact their African.

They have spent the last 400 years purposely rewriting history to benefit them and theirs.

Frankly, to answer your question. Your ignorance of what you have been taught and swallowed wholesale (we all do at first), is the reason you believe that they discovered something and we Africans never have.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Chxta(m): 3:12am On Aug 29, 2006
NINETOFIVE:

To Chyxta,

I can't see the way all these antagonism surmounts to contribution, do you antagonize every thing that is yours?, you antagonize the Igbo's, you antagonize all black people, learn t o be positive, you will surely contribute a lot more that way.

Hindi is the National language of India while English is a dyeing language spoken by only 3 to 4 percent of Indian population, English language is considered as a symbol of slavery in Indian, which is why most Indians either don't speak English at all, or the few ones that speaks English speaks it badly
[ phonetics ''0'' ], to drive my point home, in Britain each time the British are doing any program that has multicultural undertone, they first write in English, Hindi for Indians and and in Chinese on what ever posters they distribute around. The British are aware that blacks are the largest minority group in Britain but they don't bother because they know that most of the blacks, even in there country of origin, English is the national language. omitting China and Japan shows you just want to start argument where there is non.

All what I said is based on facts, people could chose to think consciously in what ever language they chose, but when you are not conscious of your actions, the only language you think in, is the default language in your brain, here is an experiment:

1, try to wake anybody you know that speaks many languages in the middle of the night abruptly, you would be surprised that the person would speak only the default language in there brain, for the first few seconds

2, Try to get somebody that speaks many languages very very angry, if the person gets hysterical you will be surprised again that the person would only speak the default language in there brain.

My brother this is part of the science you are talking about.

Note:

Most default languages no matter how new or strange the word is you might not need a dictionary.

Can you imagine how wonderful is going to be, even when students are not paying attention to the teacher but they still understand every thing just by hearing it, can you imagine how wonderful is going to be, if a so called Nigerian illiterate would pick a physics textbook, read it and understand it. The reason why you and most Africans talk about Education as a big deal is because in Africa, we study in a way that makes education to look like is something far from us, instead of something within, education should be a necessity for God sake. In Russia a PHD holder sells tomato in the market, In Russia an earo engineer lyes drunk in the street.

And what is the national language of Israel?, Hebrew, and in what way are they superior to there neighbors, by having enemies around them?, Mind you if not for America and for the fact that America has been using Israel to watch and control Arab countries [ this is non of our problems anyway ], they would have been at the bottom. Have you ever asked yourself the system of economy that has been sustaining Israel since it was formed, they 've been fighting wars from day one and there economy is okay, does that happen any where in the world?. when are we going to stop believing all we read and start asking questions?, when are we going to start thinking?.

If speaking English is what you count as superiority, then my friend you have problems, I 've always said it you do, the Chinese don't understand your English, the Russians don't understand your English either, but look at them today, my brother get away from Inferiority complex.

Then wake up and live, contribute, is not too late to start.

Thats is why there is a need to do something, in principle am not against larger nations or one Nigeria, but one Nigeria that is enslaved to anything foreign?, count me out, even I have theories that would stop tribalism in Nigeria for ever, but am afraid that if I say it , it would sound like blasphemy, but may be I 'll say it in the future.

925 u keep calling me Chyxta, why?

Other than that, responsio superba, I have no comeback to that at this time. If I can think of something, I would not hesitate to write it.
Re: Black People Love One Another. by Chxta(m): 3:16am On Aug 29, 2006
Drusilla,

For the sake of geographical location, let's take the Egyptians as Africans (which throws my argument out of the window). So what exactly is your recommendation, and how can it be achieved?

(0) (1) (Reply)

8 Year Old Saudi Bride Files For Divorce / Debate: Should GEJ be the 1st President of the United SS/SE? / Nigeria Without Igbos. What Will It Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.