Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

This Question Will Tease Your Brain - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / This Question Will Tease Your Brain (1404 Views)

Brain-tease Question / How Smart Are You,answer This Question / What Is The Five Digit Number ?(brain Tease Question) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Question Will Tease Your Brain by Tnot(m): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2015
If you have 2 empty containers, the capacity of the first container is 5 liter and the capacity of the other is 7 liter.

A patient is in dire need of water and the doctor requires exactly 4 liters of water to prepare his drugs because they are in a village. There is no third container or measuring instrument but water is in abundant.

How do you get exactly 4 liters of water in either of the 2 containers?
Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by Francman(m): 11:52am On Feb 10, 2015
Use d full 7l vessel to fill d 5l vessel. Pour d remaining 2l to another vessel.
Repeat, and u have 4l.

2 Likes

Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by akinsadeez(m): 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
Francman:
Use d full 7l vessel to fill d 5l vessel. Pour d remaining 2l to another vessel.
Repeat, and u have 4l.

The question says that there is no third vessel so your answer won't work.

I think the solution is to fill up the 7litres bottle and pour into the 5litres bottle, leaving you with 2l in the 7l bottle. since there is no third vessel, you get something sharp, like a stone or nail to mark the part of the 7l bottle where the 2l stops. Then pour the water in the 5l bottle away and pour the 2l left in d 7l bottle into it. Finally fill the 7l bottle with water up to the 2l mark that you made on the bottle. You now have 2litres of water in both and the 7l and 5l bottle making 4litres.
Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by luxanne(f): 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
^ Hmm smiley

Your siggy tho grin
Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by akinsadeez(m): 12:10am On Feb 14, 2015
^^ Hehehe. my signature's true though. Women and singlets! dunno why cheesy^
Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by dat9jaguy(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2015
Tnot:
If you have 2 empty containers, the capacity of the first container is 5 liter and the capacity of the other is 7 liter.

A patient is in dire need of water and the doctor requires exactly 4 liters of water to prepare his drugs because they are in a village. There is no third container or measuring instrument but water is in abundant.

How do you get exactly 4 liters of water in either of the 2 containers?

Pour 7 litres into the 5 litres(pour away),empty the balance 2 litres into the empty the 5 litre container which gives us a balance of 3 litres to fill
the container.Now fill the 7 litre container and pour into the 5 litre container(already with 2 litres)until it fills and the balance in the
7 litre container would be 4 litres.

2 Likes

Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by luxanne(f): 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
^can u be more clearer with ur answer pls.

akinsadeez:
^^ Hehehe. my signature's true though. Women and singlets! dunno why cheesy^

Stuffs men can't do without I guess tongue grin
Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by luxanne(f): 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
You are needed here Tnot smiley
Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by akinsadeez(m): 11:51am On Feb 16, 2015
dat9jaguy:

Pour 7 litres into the 5 litres(pour away),empty the balance 2 litres into the empty the 5 litre container which gives us a balance of 3 litres to fill
the container.Now fill the 7 litre container and pour into the 5 litre container(already with 2 litres)until it fills and the balance in the
7 litre container would be 4 litres.

Hmmmmmm. This actually makes sense. Nice idea.
Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by Tnot(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
luxanne:
You are needed here Tnot smiley
Sorry, the network where im serving is so bad, thats why i wasn't contributing.

Only dat9jaguy got it right. smiley more sense to your brain...

1 Like

Re: This Question Will Tease Your Brain by dat9jaguy(m): 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2015
Tnot:

Sorry, the network where im serving is so bad, thats why i wasn't contributing.

Only dat9jaguy got it right. smiley more sense to your brain...

Thanks boss. cool

(1) (Reply)

Answer Question With A Question / This Or That / Riddle Me This:which Door Will He Open First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.