Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,454 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:42 PM

OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] (7474 Views)

OMG - What Will You Do If You See This Hot Babe In You Gym Center? / This Groom Could Be In Serious Danger. PIC! / Omg! What Is This World Turning Into?? [screen Shot] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Sheenor: 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
I just stumbled on this picture on and couldn’t
understand what a groom would be doing under his
bride’s wedding gown ,in the full glare of the public.
Someone said “Its a typical American tradition in
weddings..during the reception, the groom looks for the brides garter and throws it to the single men in
at the party and the tradition goes that he who
catches the garter will marry next”.

Please if you know what this picture depicts,feel free to enlighten this illiterate mind.ℓ☺ℓ Does he have to get under there before everyone? See the looks on the faces of his groomsmen. lol.I no do this kind wedding Walahi!!

1 Like

Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
Video or I don't believe
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by deanoffaculty: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
***** Ultimate search******
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by jessicaewere(f): 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
It's a tradition in the weddings for the groom to take the garder off his bride. Usually the bride will sit on a chair and the groom will remove it with his hands but now some are taking them off with their teeth. Then they throw the garder like how brides throw their bouquet.

I don't know the history or reason for tradition though I think it came from France.
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2015
Lol. Cute. Just know that whoever catches it gon be sniffing it later that night cheesy
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by hatux: 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
Giving head!
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
he is checking if she is a virgin grin
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by RomanceLander(f): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
OMG! SO EMBARRASSING
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by JahzaraAde(f): 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
I think this is sweet but is only for brave couples! I see it a lot at Nigerian weddings in the UK smiley

Would do it myself, it's fun lol.
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by seunadeolu(m): 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
It is a "garter" not a garder.

1 Like

Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Edwardhead(m): 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
Pussy ring you know
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Edwardhead(m): 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
womanliness ring you know
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Edwardhead(m): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
Kitty-Cat ring you know
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2015
jessicaewere:
It's a tradition in the weddings for the groom to take the garder off his bride. Usually the bride will sit on a chair and the groom will remove it with his hands but now some are taking them off with their teeth. Then they throw the garder like how brides throw their bouquet.

I don't know the history or reason for tradition though I think it came from France.
Thanks for the information breezy..
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
JahzaraAde:
I think this is sweet but is only for brave couples! I see it a lot at Nigerian weddings in the UK smiley

Would do it myself, it's fun lol.
shocked shocked shocked undecided and you mean your words
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by JahzaraAde(f): 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
baffah96:
shocked shocked shocked undecided and you mean your words

Hahaha, yes, if I'm allowed. I go to a redeemed church though, so I don't know what my Pastor would say... couples cannot even kiss at the alter under RCCG rules sad

I'll clear it with both sets of parents too wink

And the garter won't be tossed, my husband would keep it! We're married now, no more singles lol
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by JahzaraAde(f): 11:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
Lol
Another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSxIfC4IX5s

This made me laugh - at least he didn't use his teeth to remove it smiley
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Hahaha, yes, if I'm allowed. I go to a redeemed church though, so I don't know what my Pastor would say... couples cannot even kiss at the alter under RCCG rules sad

I'll clear it with both sets of parents too wink

And the garter won't be tossed, my husband would keep it! We're married now, no more singles lol
Too late to cry when the head is down cheesy HML in advance
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Trending(m): 11:28pm On Feb 10, 2015
There is a Western wedding tradition for a bride to
wear a garter to her wedding, to be removed
towards the end of the reception by the groom .
This garter is not normally used to support
stockings. This practice is often interpreted as
symbolic of deflowering , though some sources
attribute its origin to a superstition that taking an
article of the bride's clothing will bring good luck.
[1] In the Middle Ages, the groom's men would
rush at the new bride to take her garters as a
prize. [2]
Today, the practice of removing the bride's garter
is traditionally reserved to the groom, who will
then toss the garter to the unmarried male guests.
This is performed after the tossing of the bouquet,
in which the bride tosses her bouquet over her
shoulder to be caught by the unwed female
guests. According to superstition, the lady who
catches the bouquet and the man who catches the
garter will be the next man and woman among
those in attendance to be married (though perhaps
not to each other). The ceremony often continues
with the man who catches the garter obliged to
place it on the leg of the lady who caught the
bouquet. Traditionally, the pair are obliged to share
the next dance. [1
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
Please what Is garter?
Is it pant??

1 Like

Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by JahzaraAde(f): 11:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
baffah96:
Too late to cry when the head is down cheesy HML in advance

Lol, same to you in advance too smiley
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
JahzaraAde:

This made me laugh - at least he didn't use his teeth to remove it smiley

Lol. See this
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10203383037556045&id=1214832289
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by JahzaraAde(f): 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Lol. See this
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10203383037556045&id=1214832289

Awww that's so funny! Hahaha, he took his time as well. They are married now, so he's not going any wrong lol. The bride was embarrassed looool, we thank God for married life sha smiley
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Lol, same to you in advance too smiley
am not ripe to take that responsibility. may by next 10yrs I will be ready
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by JahzaraAde(f): 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
baffah96:
am not ripe to take that responsibility. may by next 10yrs I will be ready

Lol no probs. Keep working on yourself in the meantime, making you the best person you can be! Then marriage will naturally follow, God-willing smiley
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Awww that's so funny! Hahaha, he took his time as well. They are married now, so he's not going any wrong lol. The bride was embarrassed looool, we thank God for married life sha smiley

Are u ready fr that? tongue
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 10, 2015
krall:
Please what Is garter?
Is it pant??
Have u tried www.google.com ?
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by paulolee(m): 11:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
old pics....wass @ d wedddinq n its sometimes last two years...she told hym dt she was a virqin n after 6 years of no sex relationship d quy purposed n she aqreed....on d eve of dier weedinq d qals best friend told d quy dt hr wife to b was an ex-runs qal n d quy approached d qal BT she denied n d quy was reali pained coz his in-laws assured hym of dier virqin daughter n even nearli killed hym wt huq bills as bride-price....
D qroom was In a biq dilemma n he dunt wanna council d wedding coz he wasn't sure n he was a virqin freak n xo he decided to CONFIRM hymself n dts wat he did on DT daY......its ma broda DT even took d pics....
here is a link to d video coverage of d weeding
www.lairanews.com
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 10, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Lol no probs. Keep working on yourself in the meantime, making you the best person you can be! Then marriage will naturally follow, God-willing smiley
Thank yah smiley
Re: OMG! What Is This Groom Looking For? [see Photo] by JahzaraAde(f): 11:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Are u ready fr that? tongue

Lol knowing me, I'll be sooooo shy! But I'll be surrounded by loved ones and the man my heart belongs too, so I'll participate lol.

Can you do that at your own reception?

(1) (2) (Reply)

" My Boyfriend Decides To Use His Friend To Test Me With Sex / Body To Die For...actress Idia Aisien Flaunts Her Curves In Sexy Swimwear Photos / Meet The Beautiful Lady Who Has Not Shaved Her Armpit And Pvssy Since Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.