Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? (29744 Views)

Five Hardly Known Things You Can Do With Android 5.0 Lollipop Smartphones. / Tecno Droipad 8 With Android 5.0 Lollipop / How To Upgrade Gionee Marathon M3 To Android 5.0 Lollipop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by jkels(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2015
No update for me on my Samsung Galaxy S5
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Pangea: 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
mifavour:

is it upgradeable in s4?? and what unlimited data subscription do u use

The official S4 Rom is not available yet, according to Samsung , it should land this February .
And if you don't get OTA?
You can pull it from sammobile dot com

If you S4 is rooted, just go to xda and look for lollipop custom roms there .

As per the unlimited data, no be naija o! grin
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by firetrap(m): 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
mustaphagreens:
Please how can I upgrade the os of my tecno r7 to this latest os?

You can upgrade to the latest os on ur tecno phone by saving up some money and getting urself a new phone. when u dey buy tecno u no know say them no dey upgrade the os. if u buy cheap phone, u get cheap os

1 Like

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
abatically:

You are downloading an entire os upgrade, not some minor update, so hell yes u will need a lot of data. The file size for galaxy s5 is about 1gb plus. So better look for WiFi, or u must have at least 2gb of data on ur phone to download with mobile network.

Alternatively u can use etisalat pay as u go. If u have good signal in ur area u might finish the downloading within 1hr which will only cost N180 to download the whole file.

Oh thanks. I actually had it in mind to use a wifi. Would have used a mobile network but it's slow in my area cos downloading sucks normally except once I go out.

Thanks again
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by sweetgala(m): 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
Lollipop sweet, it's a fresh look clean and without many annoying glitches. Have it on my daily driver Nexus 4 .
Was hoping the nexus 6 would be within my size limit , with lollipop I can rum my N4 till I see what next year's nexus is like
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by firetrap(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
jkels:
No update for me on my Samsung Galaxy S5

the update for the galaxy s5 SM- G900H will come out the same time the update for note 4 drops and its going to be either 5.1 or 5.2. I'm eagerly awaiting it too
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
Pangea:

The screenshot is loaded up there!

Na data I take update, I'm on unlimited plan.
And the size of the update for my international exynos version g900h is about 1.43gb

Everything depends on the version you are using .

Lolz I can't wait to see it 4 real what it looks like n how it runs smoothly. It uses android version 4.4.2 . Wetin me I sabi sef?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Samueloladapo(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2015
Well. I have it on my s4. its pwetty awesome. unofficial though. much much better than Kitkat. The only downside i have with it at the moment is that Freedom does not work with it yet. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by mystiqueDZ(f): 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Daresh:

Am I the only M8 user who didn't get the update yet?
didn't get one either....
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by MistadeRegal(m): 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
I also saw Aki and Pawpaw on TV licking OK POP...They were smiling all along....Meaning it is sweet.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by abatically(m): 12:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
hadura29:

This your post wants me to change my mind oo.. I am planning to sell of my m7... I love upgrades though....

I used my m7 for one year without rooting it, I mean I had no reason to, everything just works and there's no single lag memory management is the best I've ever seen (even better than my LG g3 with 3gb of ram). I wanted to upgrade to m8 but saw no reason, the m8 is just too big and not worth it IMHO. I already had an LG g3 with 5.5 inches screen and it looks smaller and lighter than the m8 with 5.0 inches (m8 got too much bezel). I only recently rooted my m7 in order to get lollipop on it.

The HTC one m7 is just the perfect size and I wish OEMS will make more flagship phones with 4.7-4.8 inches .
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by firetrap(m): 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2015
Pangea:
Rocking it on my Samsung s5 grin
It's the best of all android !
The material design with the new TouchWiz is very nice on the eye .

See the screenshot below:

please where did u download the update from cos I check sammobile everyday and the lollipop update for the g900H is not yet out and its not on XDA too. so please can I get the link to where u downloaded it from
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Youngzedd(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
wheezyoung:
how much is the xiaomi?

Depends on the seller, got it approx 55k, with accessories 67k.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by adediranta(m): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
can I update/upgrade my Samsung galaxy Mega 6.3 to lollipop 5.0?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by iyaniwura1: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
adahib:
I've been eagerly awaiting the availability of lollipop so I can upgrade from the present kit Kat. At about 9a.m today,I got a notification for system update but immediately,I recalled the glitches associated with lollipop. Things like Wi-Fi issues,absence of vibration when volume is turned down among others. Yes most of the glitches have been sorted out but I can't help but worry.

I use HTC m8 and I've read about how beautiful lollipop looks on it, not forgetting the integrated UI by HTC, the newly improved HTC sense. I'm very eager to run the new OS but I have my reservations.

Now my question is,has anyone upgraded to android lollipop? If yes,how does it run on your device? Have you noticed any of the glitches?

Good to hear HTC one m8 has got android L update. I use the same phone. Did you buy it in Nigeria?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Rostel2: 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2015
can it run on G2?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2015
teamup:
lollypop is cool bro
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Pangea: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
firetrap:

please where did u download the update from cos I check sammobile everyday and the lollipop update for the g900H is not yet out and its not on XDA too. so please can I get the link to where u downloaded it from

The official lollipop Rom for exynos is already out,
OTA only in Poland for now, it will take some time before you get OTA in Nigeria.

Send me a pm,
I will send the google drive link to you,
But na only for the exynos version o!
The (H)
And its 1.43gb,
OK?
Backup your data and Factory reset before installing to forestall problems.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by viruz007(m): 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2015
Using it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 smiley

Tis cool... Like it
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by caukerzee(m): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
viruz007:
Using it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 smiley

Tis cool... Like it
Via OTA? ?
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by chidooh1: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
When is innjoo products receiving lollipop.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by haywhy59(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
Abegi me stil dey flex wit my blackberry bold2.if una like abuse me.idonmind.....
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by chemmerfrank(m): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
magicfingers009:
When would Lollipop be available on Infinix zero? Atleast we are all Android users
na stick sweet infinix zero go receive... for your 20k infinix you dey find lolipop...

2 Likes

Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Drewin: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
grin grin
Akosbaba:
Lollipop,yes i've licked it.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by eluquenson(m): 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
Pls gurus in the house, am using Samsung note 3, I heard the Russian version of lollipop is out, any link to upgrade mine from 4.4.2 android to 5.0.1.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by boluyongp(m): 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
Yh, Lollipop is kinda sleek compared to JellyBean and KitKat, just that it seems kinda heavy and slow like its loading or hanging, maybe cos of its 'new' features. Nevertheless, I noticed increased image quality and battery-life. To me, it has little or no itches, I think its one of their best updates so far so go for it without fear. Hope this helps.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Daresh(f): 4:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
emmatok:

If your M8 is branded for a carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile), you might not get the Update through OTA

The best option is to download the RUU From HTC site.

Its not branded o! I looked at the box well well yesterday, no branding.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Mstings: 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
kunlesehan:
Why does android rhyme with avoid... but it's still better than badberry though.
lol
haha funny
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by iswallker(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
who calls Kitty cat the name of a software..
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by emmatok(m): 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
Daresh:

Its not branded o! I looked at the box well well yesterday, no branding.
Try check if your M8 is unlocked,developer edition, or GPE

contact@moversi on Twitter.

Check here http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/#device-content
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by HisLordshipp: 5:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
Samueloladapo:
Well. I have it on my s4. its pwetty awesome. unofficial though. much much better than Kitkat. The only downside i have with it at the moment is that Freedom does not work with it yet. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Nor will it ever work with it. The development of freedom has stopped, the dev was killed.
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? by Jaypea98: 5:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
any os higher than 4.4 is a no go area for me believe i 've gat my reasons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In The Month Of February / Did You Receive Airtime Bonus From MTN Today? / What Phone Are You Currently Using? Pro's & Con's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.