Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,221 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:49 AM

Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times (2557 Views)

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / Isreal Orders Ground Offensive Into Gaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by 4Play(m): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2009
Israel is poised to launch a major ground offensive into Gaza tonight after allowing hundreds of foreigners living in the devastated territory to evacuate.

After a week of air strikes that have killed at least 420 Palestinians and left scores of buildings in rubble, the Israeli army was set to fling hundreds of troops and tanks into a blitz to stamp out Hamas’s military wing, The Times understands.

Artillery barrages were also being fired into the strip while aircraft dropped bombs on open ground that the army will need to cross, and where Hamas has placed mines and dug tunnels to allow its guerrillas to outflank the invaders.

Support for Operation Cast Lead is sky high in Israel, with polls showing that almost 85 per cent of the public backing the campaign.

There is also majority support for expanding it into a ground campaign, despite the dangers of high casualties in an urban battlefield against highly trained and motivated guerrillas waging war on their own turf. Almost 42 per cent of Israelis wanted the army to move in, while 39 percent favoured a continued air campaign.

Hamas has an estimated 15,000 fighters who have used the 18 months that they have controlled the strip to hone their skills and transform a militia into a small army. Hamas’s military wing has been waiting for a ground offensive to face the Israeli army in open combat, despite Israel’s vast military superiority.

[url]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article5434559.ece
[/url]

I'm going to stick my neck out and say this isn't going to happen, although, politicians facing impending elections do rash things.

To the extent that a ground raid might be contemplated, the only rational tactical move for Israel will be brief lightning-speed incursions involving special forces' troops. Israel does not have the stomach for a long and protracted ground offensive.

I think Hamas has been pounded enough and measures to secure a ceasefire will be the most appropriate.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2009
I dont support a ground invasion for any longer than 1 week either. This is exactly what HAMAS wants . . . dont think the IDF wants to end up bogged down with house to house combat.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by TayoD1(m): 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2009
@topic,

Some dynamics have to change in Isreal/Gaza for there to be any meaningful peace in the near future. Either Isreal finds a way to crush Hamas such that they lose political control over Gaza, or they totally annihilate Hamas' military wing. None of the above will come easy but it will have to be done. A ground offensive might become inevitable and Isreal's window of opportunity to do just that is slowing slipping away.

Isreal is right now calling for the international community to come monitor any truce that may be brokered. Let's see if all these hypocrites will be willing to put their interests on the line to keep the innocents from dying. About time they put up or shut up I will say.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by 4Play(m): 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2009
Tayo-D:

Some dynamics have to change in Isreal/Gaza for there to be any meaningful peace in the near future. Either Isreal finds a way to crush Hamas such that they lose political control over Gaza, or they totally annihilate Hamas' military wing. None of the above will come easy but it will have to be done. A ground offensive might become inevitable and Isreal's window of opportunity to do just that is slowing slipping away.

Israel can't annihilate their military wing but it can make Hamas lose its political control, but what would be the point? Any such Govt to replace Hamas, presumably Fatah, will be seen as mere Israeli puppets and that will serve to increase Hamas' popularity.

Hamas is looking for a way out without losing face, never mind what the exiled leaders say. Israel can reach an internationally brokered agreement that precludes further rocket attacks in return for lifting the blockades.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2009
4 Play:

Hamas is looking for a way out without losing face, never mind what the exiled leaders say. Israel can reach an internationally brokered agreement that precludes further rocket attacks in return for lifting the blockades.

And HAMAS will simply use the time to re-arm while the "international peacekeepers" look the other way. If the UN couldnt keep Hezbollah from threatening Israel in Lebanon i dont see them performing magic in Gaza.

For all the noise i want to see which nation will be first to volunteer peacekeepers. Its easy to yell at Israel from Dubai or Belfast.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by TayoD1(m): 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2009
@topic,

Come to think of it. We saw the whole of Palestine jubilating on the streets after 911. I do not see anyone on the streets of New York or Tel Aviv rejoicing over the deaths in Gaza. Very soon, some will be here questioning the moral superiority of the Jews in this whole matter.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by dayokanu(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2009
I am in support of anything Israel does to root out and deal with Hamas.

That was the same way Russia dealt with chechen rebels.

They shouldnt concede to any ceasefire for now.

Any country that is worried should send its envoy to live in the border region within the range of Hamas rockets
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by 4Play(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2009
davidylan:

And HAMAS will simply use the time to re-arm while the "international peacekeepers" look the other way. If the UN couldnt keep Hezbollah from threatening Israel in Lebanon i don't see them performing magic in Gaza.

For all the noise i want to see which nation will be first to volunteer peacekeepers. Its easy to yell at Israel from Dubai or Belfast.

If you look at the Lebanon example, to the best of my knowledge, Hezbollah hasn't launched rocket or mortar attacks on Israel since the Israeli bombardment of 2006. Prior to that, Hezbollah constantly attacked Israel from 2000, when Israel first pulled out, until the ceasefire was reached in '06.

By the same token, an agreement can be made under which Hamas will agree to stop rocket attacks in return for a lifting of the blockade. Hamas, like most of the world will claim that Israel has been humiliated by failing to destroy Hamas, however, Israel would have achieved a prime objective - the end of rocket attacks on its civilian populace.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Tornadoz(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2009
4 Play:

By the same token, an agreement can be made under which Hamas will agree to stop rocket attacks in return for a lifting of the blockade. Hamas, like most of the world will claim that Israel has been humiliated by failing to destroy Hamas, however, Israel would have achieved a prime objective - the end of rocket attacks on its civilian populace.

Point of correction. For the past six months Hamas had a truce with the Jewish state and no Katyusha rocket was fired. Jews on the other hand reneged on promises to lift the blockade hence the present impasse.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by dayokanu(m): 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2009
@4play,
By ending the blockade, You are giving hundreds of suicide bombers .

If you say you would search them for ammunition, How about the one that would drive intentionally into a group of Istaeli in Tel Aviv killing them. We have suicide bomber of all ages and sexes

So how does the Israeli govt keep its citizens safe from terror attacks
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2009
Tornadoz:

Point of correction. For the past six months Hamas had a truce with the Jewish state and [size=13pt]no Katyusha rocket was fired[/size]. Jews on the other hand reneged on promises to lift the blockade hence the present impasse.

Will you agree to retract that lie shld i provide evidence?
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by olabowale(m): 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2009
The Black Jewish Congress of Nigerian Yoruba blood are discussing their strategies. Sorry. I didn't know that Oduduwa and Lamurudu are offshoots of Isaac, or from Jacob or from son Judah?

The Ijebus among yo should be ashamed. Especially you, DavidDylan of (Uhm; I wonder if am talking to Bob Dylan?) Ijebu Ode blood!

A scenerio: And Allah sends His might against the Israeli, in their impenetrable tanks. Angels or what ever He chose. Afterall the Oppressive Abraha and his army on elephants were defeated by Allah using a mere flocks of tiny birds which dropped flaming hot sands on the evil doers from their beaks.

We will see what the break of day will bring, if Allah wills to defeat and humiliate the Israeli IDF tonight.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2009
olabowale:

The Black Jewish Congress of Nigerian Yoruba blood are discussing their strategies. Sorry. I didn't know that Oduduwa and Lamurudu are offshoots of Isaac, or from Jacob or from son Judah?

The Ijebus among yo should be ashamed. Especially you, DavidDylan of (Uhm; I wonder if am talking to Bob Dylan?) Ijebu Ode blood!

A scenerio: And Allah sends His might against the Israeli, in their impenetrable tanks. Angels or what ever He chose. Afterall the Oppressive Abraha and his army on elephants were defeated by Allah using a mere flocks of tiny birds which dropped flaming hot sands on the evil doers from their beaks.

We will see what the break of day will bring, if Allah wills to defeat and humiliate the Israeli IDF tonight.

what has allah to do with this? undecided
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by RichyBlacK(m): 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2009
Hamas needs to take her recruitment into accelerated overdrive! 15,000 should increase to 35,000. All they need to do is stand their ground and give the IDF a run for their money. The Israelis have no stomach for a long campaign that would inevitable result in many of their soldiers coming back in body bags, hence the cowardly policy of using one-ton bombs to kill women and children.

The last ground invasion the Apartheid State conducted resulted in the freedom-fighting group, Hezbollah, dealing impressive blows against the middle-east bully, Israel! As the body bags came back to Israel, the Israelis were in shock that a rag-tag Hezbollah could land powerful military blows against a US-backed killing machine like the IDF.

Today, Hamas, an important group of freedom-fighters (fighting against the illegal occupation of Palestinian territories by the Apartheid State of Israel), are digging in to fight of the real terrorist organization in the entire middle-east, the IDF. They know how to kill women and children with massive bombs but are afraid of good old "hand-to-hand" combat!

All lovers of freedom must support Hamas at this time! Hamas is fighting for the Palestinian people while the IDF is only a proxy American unit, funded by the RRR-controlled White House to instill fear in the minds of Arabs and Persians. That policy is doomed to fail! After all these killings of hundreds of defenseless Palestinian women and children, Hamas will remain intact and Iran will continue her peaceful nuclear program for civilian use.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by RichyBlacK(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2009
4 Play:

Thanks for pointing out the blockade, a real issue that rabid Zionists don't want to talk about.

Israel will not agree to lifting the blockade because it doesn't want to see Gaza thrive under Hamas. An unrestrained Gaza (i.e., no blockades) will make Hams even more popular within Gaza and the wider middle-east. Israel's blockade was meant to make the Palestinian people turn against Hamas. Obviously, that has failed woefully!

Israel must learn that Hams is not going anywhere! Hamas is popular among Palestinians because of the effective humanitarian, educational and cultural policies they've instituted that have benefited the Palestinian people.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by scottN(m): 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2009
Pls let's not mix religion with politics. The Hamas r nothing but terrorists and a true Muslim is not a terrorist. All this chaos is as a result of political manipulations. Thanx 2 western politics. I think a total annihilation of the Hamas is the soln.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2009
4 Play:

Israel can't annihilate their military wing but it can make Hamas lose its political control, but what would be the point? Any such Govt to replace Hamas, presumably Fatah, will be seen as mere Israeli puppets and that will serve to increase Hamas' popularity.

Can we all agree on one thing pls? What is the definition of a "blockade"? Has a sovereign nation no right to shut its borders anymore?
Is the US going to lift its "blockade" of Mexico anytime soon?
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by olabowale(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2009
@DavidDylan: « #12 on: Today at 11:19:30 PM »  

what has allah to do with this?  

In all these years you still don't know that you start proper name with Capital letter!

I wonder if you are supporting the Israelis out of your own "balanced and disinterested view of the world?"
Aren't you supporting them because they are people of your human god, Jesus? And I am sure you know what they think of your black hide in Tel Aviv!

Now, I brought Allah into the topic, because He was the One Who defeated Fir'awn and his formidable army. Remmber Musa (AS) did not have the means to defeat Egypt, except that Allah made it happen.

May Allah raise another Musa (AS) personality for the oppressed Palestinians. I know it may take time, by Allah will raise a true leader who will steer the Palestinians to go back to true belief and then prepare to crush their oppressors, once and finally, for all.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 02, 2009
olabowale:

@DavidDylan: « #12 on: Today at 11:19:30 PM »
In all these years you still don't know that you start proper name with Capital letter!

I wonder if you are supporting the Israelis out of your own "balanced and disinterested view of the world?"
Aren't you supporting them because they are people of your human god, Jesus? And I am sure you know what they think of your black hide in Tel Aviv!

If your view were any "balanced" you would have told Hamas to stop sending rockets to Israel.

olabowale:

Now, I brought Allah into the topic, because He was the One Who defeated Fir'awn and his formidable army. Remmber Musa (AS) did not have the means to defeat Egypt, except that Allah made it happen.

May Allah raise another Musa (AS) personality for the oppressed Palestinians. I know it may take time, by Allah will raise a true leader who will steer the Palestinians to go back to true belief and then prepare to crush their oppressors, once and finally, for all.

Yeah you already have plenty of arab musas'. Osama, Nasrallah, Haniyeh, Ahmedinejad . . . choose one.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Tornadoz(m): 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2009
davidylan:

Can we all agree on one thing please? What is the definition of a "blockade"? Has a sovereign nation no right to shut its borders anymore?

Is the Us blockading Mexico? Where does davidylan get his news, anyone know?
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 02, 2009
Tornadoz:

Is the Us blockading Mexico? Where does davidylan get his news, anyone know?

When Hamas complains of an Israeli "blockade" . . . they mean Israel doesnt throw open its borders so suicide bombers can walk freely in to kill jews.

Does the US fling its borders open to just any mexican who feels like walking in to take a job in Miami? Educate me pls.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by otele(m): 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2009
abeg make israel flatten gaza jare. the world will be more peaceful. only cnn and bbc will run out of work grin

and for me it will mean end of entertainment grin grin
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by olabowale(m): 11:58pm On Jan 02, 2009
Did the Jews leave the ghettoes and survived the holocaust of 2nd World war, and just ended up in an empty land, without People known as Palestinians already on it?

They ended up in Palestine and formed the state of Israel, not because of politics, but solely because of religion.

@DavidDylan:

If your view were any "balanced" you would have told Hamas to stop sending rockets to Israel.

Shii ko maa binu Oko iyee eni! I guess if people took my family property, while I was young, now that I am old enough to know that injustice have been meterred to my people, from your own balanced view it is wrong that I even should complain, and wanting it back should be no option!

The only  thing  I see the palestinians doing wrong, is that they are not organized. You pick your fights, when you are good and ready. That they need to do is go back to their religions; Islam for the most part and those in Christianity.

They should be forebearing. Grin and bear it, until they have penetrated and secured enough strength to truly fight for what is there own.

The Yorubas say that " bi owo eni o ba kaa eku ida, a ki nbere iku ti o paa baba eni!" But other people say, any means necessary.

For me I am a firm believer in getting back what is truly yours. But the process must be ironclad. in your favor. This is why that I think the palestinians should have waited for another 50 years to forcefully ask for their property back. In the maintime, they could just have climbed the ladder of world stage succeess like their Jewish cousin.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by 4Play(m): 12:02am On Jan 03, 2009
dayokanu:

@4play,
By ending the blockade, You are giving hundreds of suicide bombers .

If you say you would search them for ammunition, How about the one that would drive intentionally into a group of Istaeli in Tel Aviv killing them. We have suicide bomber of all ages and sexes So how does the Israeli govt keep its citizens safe from terror attacks

The blockade ,to the extent we are talking of moving goods into Gaza, won't prevent suicide bombing. Israel still retains the right to search anyone or thing crossing into its border.

RichyBlacK:

Thanks for pointing out the blockade, a real issue that rabid Zionists don't want to talk about. Israel will not agree to lifting the blockade because it doesn't want to see Gaza thrive under Hamas. And unrestrained Gaza (i.e., no blockades) will make Hams even more popular within Gaza and the wider middle-east. Israel's blockade was meant to make the Palestinian people turn against Hamas. Obviously, that has failed woefully!

Israel is justified in not wanting to see Hamas ,an organisation sworn to its destruction, succeed but the means it has chosen to undermine Hamas is disputable.

I've always felt that the best way for Islamists and other like extremist movements to be thoroughly discredited is to allow them ''make a fool of themselves'' when given the reins of power.

However, the beauty of the blockades is that it constitutes a major bargaining chip for Israel - give up the rockets and we will give up the blockades.

davidylan:

Can we all agree on one thing please? What is the definition of a "blockade"? Has a sovereign nation no right to shut its borders anymore?

I don't remember the exact circumstances of this blockade but a case can be made, under international humanitarian law, that Israel's right to close its borders is conditional on not causing undue distress to the Gaza populace.

Again, it's a bargaining chip. If Hamas continues rocket attacks after the bombardment has stopped, the blockade remains.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by scottN(m): 12:04am On Jan 03, 2009
Can't u c that the Jews r God's chosen ppl and there's nothing anyone can do abt it. Just let them b. Just look at them they r successful in every sphere of life esp in America. Doesn't that tell u s/thing?
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 03, 2009
4 Play:

I don't remember the exact circumstances of this blockade but a case can be made, under international humanitarian law, that Israel's right to close its borders is conditional on not causing undue distress to the Gaza populace.

Again, it's a bargaining chip. If Hamas continues rocket attacks after the bombardment has stopped, the blockade remains.

If its simply a matter of allowing goods in through Israeli borders fine but we know that's not what Hamas is asking for. Goods have continued to flow into Gaza albeit sporadically. What Hamas wants is for Gazans to be given the liberty to enter Israel to kidnap soldiers and commit suicide bombing.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by olabowale(m): 12:15am On Jan 03, 2009
The Pundit Yoruba Boys; the Afeniferes of the Israeli nation, DavidDylan and co., have lost Jesus in this argument! They are so blind in their rage that they throw over their shoulders the commandment of Jesus, their human god!

I wonder when it is the right of the Children of Isaac to tell what the Children of Ismail should do? Did they think that the ismailites sold their birthright like Esau did with Jacob? Impossible!
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Lagosboy: 12:17am On Jan 03, 2009
davidylan:

Does Israels boarder include the airspace as well? Why do they refuse any air transport into Gaza. Why did they bomb Gaza airport?

Does Israels border include the Sea on the West of Gaza why do the IDF ships surround the whole Sea coast

This guy think before you type!!!!!

The Black Zionist congress Chairman how cum u are scared of The 5 strongest army in the world spending more than one week in Gaza? You shamelss cowards like your Zionist masters in Israel. If the IDF is strong let them go on man to man urban battle in Gaza that would be thier graveyards!!!
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by 4Play(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2009
olabowale:

The Pundit Yoruba Boys; the Afeniferes of the Israeli nation, DavidDylan and co., have lost Jesus in this argument! They are so blind in their rage that they throw over their shoulders the commandment of Jesus, their human god!

I wonder when it is the right of the Children of Isaac to tell what the Children of Ismail should do? Did they think that the ismailites sold their birthright like Esau did with Jacob? Impossible!

What are you talking sir? Allah has ''willed'' for F-16s to ''entertain'' us in this holiday season, nothing like watching the IDF on  Hi-Definition TV, beats all Hollywood action movies.

You can bleat endlessly in your senile impotence but these airstrikes were ''willed'' by Allah.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 03, 2009
Lagosboy:

Does Israels boarder include the airspace as well? Why do they refuse any air transport into Gaza. Why did they bomb Gaza airport?

Does Israels border include the Sea on the West of Gaza why do the IDF ships surround the whole Sea coast

the IDF has to surround the sea and guard the airspace so Iran does not come and move half their army to Israel's southern border. Look at Egypt and Jordan who have peace pacts with Israel . . . the Israeli army, navy and airforce isnt patrolling their borders.

And u ask me to think before i type?

You believe that thinking = pro islamic propaganda?  grin foolishboy.
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by Lagosboy: 12:27am On Jan 03, 2009
I tought you said israel was closing its borders? Is israels border on the Sea? What the hell is their right to close another mans territory and that is justified under international law? Everysingle intelligent zionist seems to put his intelligence under his feet when it comes to the issue.

Now here we go again Islamic prpanganda!! ur favourite line, u cant make 2 lines without bringing ur religous sentiments into play and like i keep saying it the day u free urself would be d day ur intelligence would work for you. As of the moment ur intelligence is in captvity perhaps in Israeli jails!!!
Re: Israel Set To Launch Gaza Ground Offensive Tonight - London Times by 4Play(m): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2009
davidylan:

If its simply a matter of allowing goods in through Israeli borders fine but we know that's not what Hamas is asking for. Goods have continued to flow into Gaza albeit sporadically. What Hamas wants is for Gazans to be given the liberty to enter Israel to kidnap soldiers and commit suicide bombing.

When there was no such blockade, Hamas was firing rockets anyway. Just pointing out that Israel doesn't have absolute rights to do as it pleases over its borders.

The blockade does hurt Hamas but it won't destroy it or even loosen its political control,instead,it strenghtens it. I think Israel should let go of the blockades, that way, Hamas won't be able to point to the blockade in a bid to explain away its catastrophic incompetence to Gazans.

Hamas' ultimate defeat lies in the hands of Palestinians.
Lagosboy:

Israel is in a state of war with Hamas so it is entitled to take such measures, whether over air space or sea coasts, as are necessary to protect itself. Of course, it is bound by humanitarian law but within these bounds, its measures are legitimate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISIS Throws Gay Men Off 4 Storey Building (pictures) / U.S Warns North korean Leadership Will Be 'Utterly Destroyed' In Case Of War(Pic / Royal Baby Girl. Kate Middleton Give Birth To A Baby Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.