Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

My Memorable Day Of The Year - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Memorable Day Of The Year (483 Views)

9 Memorable And Inspiring Quotes From Buchi Emecheta / Who Are Your Most Memorable Novel Characters? / Christmas Day. The Worst Day Of My Life! A Short Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Memorable Day Of The Year by ObeyaFriday: 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
During Christmas period, I travelled down to the village to spend sometime with my family. You know, this time celebration is everywhere booming like there is no tomorrow.

On the 25th December evening, an old friend of mine invited me to a party where if not for God I would have become a dead man by now. Glory be to God!

As the party was going on; at about 9pm, some hoodlums invaded the ambience shooting endless gun at direct target to an innocent human beings in attempt to make a way with the money remitted. In the process, five men and seven women were killed in the cool blooded attack.

In fact, I hate talking about it; it was a great memorable day in my life. From the same bench we sat, two girls and one man were killed live in my eyes. I was unharmed by no bullet. I don't know how I made my way out of the environment but I could only realise I was out of the troubled-ambience and unharmed.

It was then I came to acknowledge and confirm what Bible says in Psalms 91:7 which is "A thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand around you, but you will not be harmed".

"Believe and have faith in your God for there is no protector like him", said Obeya Friday.

By the unquestionable power of the most high God, no hands that type "Amen" and mouth that says "Amen" to this testimony will ever die of gunshot or sudden death in Jesus name.

If you have any story, send it to "obeyafriday@gmail.com". Or visit our website at www.frayokit..com to drop it in a comment box, please.

(1) (Reply)

Let Me / You Think English Is Easy? / A Message To My People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.