Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? (1540 Views)

How Often Do Your Church Read Song Of Solomon? / Why Is SONGS OF SOLOMON Not Frequently Used By Preachers In Their Sermon / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
You know one of the basis of the christian religion is their belief in the infallibility of the bible as the breathed word of God.

Thats why most tend to argue and fight that they are no contradictions and myth in the bible even when it is riddled with them, who would want the word of their God have even the slightest contradiction? lol

Ok thats not the main issue for this thread...
I have noticed how no christian ever, be it in the church, street or almighty nairaland have never quote even one verse from the songs of solomon not even mention its name..my question now is [size=16pt] Is the song of solomon not part of the breathed/inspired word of God? [/size]
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by elantraceey(f): 6:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
They've not because there haven't been a need to undecided

They don't just quote scriptures for quoting sake ,.
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
Tell him o

Like say im dey go church sef undecided
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
make una answer the question naa and stop telling why they have not quote it...
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2015
MzNelly:
Tell him o

Like say im dey go church sef undecided
am sure i have been to church more than you...hahahahahaha :p
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
elantraceey:

Sweet the question is ... is the song of solomon breathed word or God or not
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2015
johnydon22:

am sure i have been to church more than you...hahahahahaha :p

lol shocked Serious?
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
MzNelly:

lol shocked Serious?
So my name doesnt give you any incentive at all?
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Macelliot(m): 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
johnydon22:

So my name doesnt give you any incentive at all?
John, why do you wish to be an atheist?
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2015
Macelliot:

John, why do you wish to be an atheist?
Ok derailing alert... why dont you just answer the op and stop dabbling into matters that are not ur business...
grin grin
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
Why is it that nobody is answering the Op na...
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Macelliot(m): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok derailing alert... why dont you just answer the op and stop dabbling into matters that are not ur business...
grin grin
Why did you ended up being an atheist? You can be a Christian and also a humanist but atheism is different.
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
Macelliot:

Why did you ended up being an atheist? You can be a Christian and also a humanist but atheism is different.
Who told you am still a christian... '?Can you please address the op and stop all this yapping... nawa ooo... am so not gonna reply ur moniker again trust me...
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Macelliot(m): 8:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Who told you am still a christian... '?Can you please address the op and stop all this yapping... nawa ooo... am so not gonna reply ur moniker again trust me...
Do you give a child a stone when he requested for a Fish?
That's the answer!
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by yinny: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
Song of Solomon 2:15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
This has been used severally in reference to the little things dt seems not to matter in our life that can destroy so much in our relationship with God and man.
I can quote more from there for you my bro, pls on the issue of Religion I advise u follow d golden rule that centres on LOVE.
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
yinny:
Song of Solomon 2:15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
This has been used severally in reference to the little things dt seems not to matter in our life that can destroy so much in our relationship with God and man.
I can quote more from there for you my bro, pls on the issue of Religion I advise u follow d golden rule that centres on LOVE.

Nawa ooo did i ask you to cherry pick any verse and quote sir? I asked you to tell me the song of solomon is the inspired word of god or not.. simple question!!!
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Maamin(m): 10:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
Op dont sweat it...Songs of Solomon aka Song of songs (Shir Hashirim in Hebrew) is an Inspired word of God like every other books in the canonised bible. it is among the ketuvim (other writings), more of poetic book of love for yerushalem.

Reference:
The Muslims always run to Songs of Solomon to pick an infamous (chapter 5:16) to validate Islam. They claimed that their beloved Prophet's name was mentioned there. But sorry to say it was not a book of prophecy.

1 Like

Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
Maamin:
Op dont sweat it...Songs of Solomon aka Song of songs (Shir Hashirim in Hebrew) is an Inspired word of God like every other books in the canonised bible. it is among the ketuvim (other writings), more of poetic book of love for yerushalem.

Reference:
The Muslims always run to Songs of Solomon to pick an infamous (chapter 5:16) to validate Islam. They claimed that their beloved Prophet's name was mentioned there. But sorry to say it was not a book of prophecy.

A very good answer grin
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Pr0ton: 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
Sir John. Let's check it out grin

"How beautiful are thy feet with shoes O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor:thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies. Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins. Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eye like the fishonds in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus. Thine head upon thee is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries. How fair and how pleasant are thou, O love, for delights! This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes. I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I WILL TAKE HOLD OF THE BOUGHS THEREOF: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples." SOS 7:1-8
grin In short, I dedicate it to dammyg319 & Bhuumhite
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by urheme: 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
Pr0ton:
Sir John. Let's check it out grin

"How beautiful are thy feet with shoes O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor:thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies. Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins. Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eye like the fishonds in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus. Thine head upon thee is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries. How fair and how pleasant are thou, O love, for delights! This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes. I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I WILL TAKE HOLD OF THE BOUGHS THEREOF: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples." SOS 7:1-8
grin In short, I dedicate it to dammyg319 & Bhuumhite

This book only show evidence of lust and not love. Comming from a man that f..k 1000 women or more in a very short period of time b4 he realized the vanity of it all cheesy
grin
Op don,t mind them, solomon was inspired by lust when he wrote, can't be from God
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by urheme: 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
johnydon22:

Nawa ooo did i ask you to cherry pick any verse and quote sir? I asked you to tell me the song of solomon is the inspired word of god or not.. simple question!!!

How do you think God inspire that phuckphuck man to write that sh..it?

Na the things wey him dey think na im he write. grin

Na so so women he dey think, and he suround himself with plenty ashawo grin

Na weything him go write before'''' shuuu grin
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Acekidc4(m): 3:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
elantraceey:

What is dis one saying na!! Why is it in d Bible in d first place wen we can't Quote it!!
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
Acekidc4:

What is dis one saying na!! Why is it in d Bible in d first place wen we can't Quote it!!

lolzz you can imagine
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by malvisguy212: 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
johnydon22:
You know one of the basis of the christian religion is their belief in the infallibility of the bible as the breathed word of God.

Thats why most tend to argue and fight that they are no contradictions and myth in the bible even when it is riddled with them, who would want the word of their God have even the slightest contradiction? lol

Ok thats not the main issue for this thread...
I have noticed how no christian ever, be it in the church, street or almighty nairaland have never quote even one verse from the songs of solomon not even mention its name..my question now is [size=16pt] Is the song of solomon not part of the breathed/inspired word of God? [/size]

The Song of Songs is a poem about love.
The main speakers are a man, and the
woman whom he loves.
At the start, the couple are not yet
engaged. The woman is not sure about
the man. She twice sends him away. She
does not want to share his life.
But in the end, she learns to trust him.
They marry. She is ready to become a
mother. And she is glad to work with him. Her attitudes have become mature.

Actually, Solomon was not a good model
for a husband. He had many wives. He
married these women for political
reasons. For example, he wanted his
country to be at peace with Egypt. So he
married the daughter of the king of
Egypt. We do not know whether Solomon really loved all these women. But the woman in the Song of Solomon was different from these other women.
Solomon loved her deeply. She really was special to him.

1 Like

Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
malvisguy212:

The Song of Songs is a poem about love.
The main speakers are a man, and the
woman whom he loves.
At the start, the couple are not yet
engaged. The woman is not sure about
the man. She twice sends him away. She
does not want to share his life.
But in the end, she learns to trust him.
They marry. She is ready to become a
mother. And she is glad to work with him. Her attitudes have become mature.

Actually, Solomon was not a good model
for a husband. He had many wives. He
married these women for political
reasons. For example, he wanted his
country to be at peace with Egypt. So he
married the daughter of the king of
Egypt. We do not know whether Solomon really loved all these women. But the woman in the Song of Solomon was different from these other women.
Solomon loved her deeply. She really was special to him.

so it means you are implying that the song of solomon is not part of the breathed word of god huh?

1 Like

Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by malvisguy212: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
I don't think the song of Solomon was a spiritual lessons to all because God is not even mentioned (except for 8:6 in some translations).the song of Solomon talk more about physical love then the supreme love of God, so you see ,op that the reason pastors don't mention the book. The reason it was in the bible is this; it carry a good message of physical love and it was written by one of israel greates king. Thank you.
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by malvisguy212: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
johnydon22:

so it means you are implying that the song of solomon is not part of the breathed word of god huh?
read post 25 . seriously there are many things you don't know about the word of God,I believe there comes a time when you will say "mhen ,I was wrong about everything about God"God is not bound to keep our time,That which does not come in your time, will be hastened in his time, which is always the more convenient season. He will perform his word, honour our faith, and reward them that diligently seek him.bible liken the patience and strength of a man as Eagle,why? Because if an eagle want to die he will flew to the topest of the mountain waited patiently until his time is up. An eagle only weight 4kg but can lifts and object of 20kg, His strength comes from his MIND.
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by johnydon22(m): 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
read post 25 . seriously there are many things you don't know about the word of God,I believe there comes a time when you will say "mhen ,I was wrong about everything about God"God is not bound to keep our time,That which does not come in your time, will be hastened in his time, which is always the more convenient season. He will perform his word, honour our faith, and reward them that diligently seek him.bible liken the patience and strength of a man as Eagle,why? Because if an eagle want to die he will flew to the topest of the mountain waited patiently until his time is up. An eagle only weight 4kg but can lifts and object of 20kg, His strength comes from his MIND.

nawa oo just simple yes or no... you start going in circles.

is it or is it not... a very simple question!
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by Pr0ton: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
I don't think the song of Solomon was a spiritual lessons to all because God is not even mentioned (except for 8:6 in some translations).the song of Solomon talk more about physical love then the supreme love of God, so you see ,op that the reason pastors don't mention the book. The reason it was in the bible is this; it carry a good message of physical love and it was written by one of israel greates king. Thank you

Like grabbing her breasts and talking about the joint of her thighs. That's the physical love your Bible wants us to express. Wow.. I'm starting to be a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by malvisguy212: 11:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
Pr0ton:

Like grabbing her breasts and talking about the joint of her thighs. That's the physical love your Bible wants us to express. Wow.. I'm starting to be a Christian.
the verse say solomon marry her.
Re: Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? by malvisguy212: 11:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
johnydon22:

nawa oo just simple yes or no... you start going in circles.

is it or is it not... a very simple question!
there are 3 thing you need to know about the bible;
1.word of God
2.holy spirit inspired word
3.the opinion of men

(1) (Reply)

Terrorism – See How Shaykh Al-Fawzân Floored Terrorists / Is Restitution A Must For Christians? / Wives, Submit Yourselves To Your Own Husbands As You Do To The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.