Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. (57115 Views)

Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains / 8 Home Remedies To Solve Menstrual Cramps. / Why You Should Never Ignore These 5 Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by hapijany: 9:09am On Feb 12, 2015
Analgesics can help stop the pains...I use felvin,(20mg piroxicam tablets)it could have side effects of ulcer buh u have to feed well throughout d period of administration so that ur intestinal walls do not get eroded by d acid in ur stomach.paracetamol excessive intake has more serious side effects of liver damage.u could also ure diclofenac,buh felvin works better for me wen I take it just at d feel of the ist sign of pains.try it...
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 12, 2015
Lots of warm water.. by warm, I mean semi hot.

Thank me later wink

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by globalworld(m): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2015
Full of practical

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by ibnjarir93(m): 9:14am On Feb 12, 2015
chinnyness122:
Please i need help and useful advice on how to handle menstrual pain without using drugs. I do experience a very painful period every month. The pain usually last up to 6hours or more on d first two days of my period. I use to take pain relief drugs like Ladinax and Ibuprofen but stopped using them since i got to know that they are harmful to health.

I want to know if there are natural ways dat i can subside the pain. Its really excruciating. Thank u all
A friend told me honey worked for her. Take plenty of honey for like a month or two and, if you are lucky, your menstrual pain will be gone for good.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by sweetuju(f): 9:16am On Feb 12, 2015
All of you girls saying "bear the pain" "ignore it" "use hot water bottles" Neva see pain. Wat u ve is just stomach upset not painful menstruation. I almost died one night cos I tried bitter leaf which didn't work and d pain Dat normally come for just day one now entered d second day. For the hot water bottles it works for someone Dat is jobless cos u dnt expect me to carry hot water bottle to d office. A doctor prescribed piroxicam to me and it works for me. If u find it strong use paracetamol 3-4days to the date Dat didn't work for me. Mine is so serious Dat wen I was younger I slept in d hospital several times cos of Dat. OP u can take paracetamol days to d day it may work for u. Goodluck

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by An2elect2(f): 9:20am On Feb 12, 2015
debolly:

Hmmmnnn, I don't experience menstrual pains again except for boil that do accompany it & once my period is over it just dissappear.

You don't experience menstrual pain again? why pls? have you given birth?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by An2elect2(f): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2015
Mellin:
U myt not believe me but bitter cola works for my sis n mum

I hope it doesn't affect the teeth?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by CoCoLav(f): 9:31am On Feb 12, 2015
hollaimpeccabl:
Felvin is much milder,take it a day b4 u start and stay away from sugary things atleast a week before you start.All those bitterleaf therapy is easier said than done...besides 2 capsule should not av much effect

Felvin causes fibroid

My cousin who is a pharmacist told me.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by femi4: 9:35am On Feb 12, 2015
chinnyness122:
Please i need help and useful advice on how to handle menstrual pain without using drugs. I do experience a very painful period every month. The pain usually last up to 6hours or more on d first two days of my period. I use to take pain relief drugs like Ladinax and Ibuprofen but stopped using them since i got to know that they are harmful to health.

I want to know if there are natural ways dat i can subside the pain. Its really excruciating. Thank u all
Try having back to back se.x 3-4 days before your period start. Thank me later!
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Mhizkel(f): 9:36am On Feb 12, 2015
Op u can try Felvin...it really do works..Sorry dear, that's what makes u a woman...Try avoid eating suggery food weneva u are close to menstruating

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by An2elect2(f): 9:38am On Feb 12, 2015
sweetuju:
All of you girls saying "bear the pain" "ignore it" "use hot water bottles" Neva see pain. Wat u ve is just stomach upset not painful menstruation. I almost died one night cos I tried bitter leaf which didn't work and d pain Dat normally come for just day one now entered d second day. For the hot water bottles it works for someone Dat is jobless cos u dnt expect me to carry hot water bottle to d office. A doctor prescribed piroxicam to me and it works for me. If u find it strong use paracetamol 3-4days to the date Dat didn't work for me. Mine is so serious Dat wen I was younger I slept in d hospital several times cos of Dat. OP u can take paracetamol days to d day it may work for u. Goodluck

True talk.

Some people have not seen pain yet that's why they are talking anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Ariyke: 9:39am On Feb 12, 2015
sweetuju:
u are so correct I don't know whose is worst between us, the pain is out of this world cus I will be useless from day 1 to 3 now am scared cus of the drug am talking cus it stops the painn Buh am scared of the side effect *KACHARM*

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Tabelachizza(f): 9:39am On Feb 12, 2015
I just wish God will pardon Eve for her sins and remove menstrual periods and device any other way of being a woman**Gushhh**menstrual pains is the worst pains ever.can't do without drugsooooo..No drugs Then na Cry all through**

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by zendy: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2015
I don't know if it will work for anyone else but my sister drinks small stout that time of the month
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Ariyke: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2015
Tabelachizza:
I just wish God will pardon Eve for her sins and remove menstrual periods and device any other way of being a woman**Gushhh**menstrual pains is the worst pains ever.can't do without drugsooooo..No drugs Then na Cry all through**
same here oo

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by ephi123(f): 9:40am On Feb 12, 2015
CoCoLav:

Felvin causes fibroid

My cousin who is a pharmacist told me.

That someone said something doesn't make it true through.

Every drug has side effects to varying degrees but to generalize and say Felvin causes fibroid, haba! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by ephi123(f): 9:42am On Feb 12, 2015
Hot water bottle helps - it doesn't eliminate the pain completely, only reduces it. But as someone said above, you can't exactly carry hot water bottle around / to work.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by CoCoLav(f): 9:43am On Feb 12, 2015
ephi123:

That someone said something doesn't make it true through.

Every drug has side effects to varying degrees but to generalize and say Felvin causes fibroid, haba! tongue

Well, she wasn't the first person I heard it from and besides coming from a pharmacist just sort of sealed it for me.
She could be wrong but better to err on the side of caution.
At least that's what I would advice. cheesy
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Teeaololo: 9:45am On Feb 12, 2015
Well 2 weeks toward ur month period stop any sugary intake!!!and few days toward ur Period you can as well buy bitter leaf and eferin leaf add pinch of salt,squeeze it and extract the water out,dont look at he fact that its bitter just take a moderate quantity and am sure you will see the difference...Pele dear
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 12, 2015
women go tru alot oh.
Women are champs.
All the big madams and queens on dis forum pls kindly step in and offer you own tip,it could help someone
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by lifestyle1(m): 9:47am On Feb 12, 2015
sweetuju:

You may need to watch what you eat.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by ascaris(m): 9:47am On Feb 12, 2015
If you don't like drugs, then take injections!
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by roqchiq(f): 9:52am On Feb 12, 2015
Sorry y'all, I been dey una group before, whenever aunty flo comes she renders me utterly useless, for the entire 3 days, then i went to the village and reported her to one old woman like dat, who took me to a midwife, the midwife gave me some herbs, which i soaked with stout, and just like that, my next period was very much less painful, just some small cramps, still taking the herbs though, but the next period is going to be the final test, am going to stop taking the herbs by then...#fingerscrossed.... My advice--go to your village and look for a local well seasoned midwife, and pray to whatever God you worship. try that.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by EkoJoy: 9:56am On Feb 12, 2015
mikeapollo:
Drink a lot of water.......very early in the morning e.g. 5am, during the day e.g. 2pm and at night e.g 7-9pm
this one works for me many people. It works for me too
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by zizirecords(m): 9:59am On Feb 12, 2015
@OP I am a medical doctor and can give you some professional advice. While there are many suggestions about how to handle menstrual cramps, you have to be careful because many of them are not safe.

Taking analgesics may still be your best (and SAFEST) bet. Try to eat well to avoid developing peptic ulcer which can result from drugs such as Felvin. If the pains are really bad, see a gynecologist.

All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by mrfree(m): 10:00am On Feb 12, 2015
Stop taking SUGAR or anything sugary and start taking HONEY believe you me that you will have no menstrual pain. its a secrete and it is working for only those that knew it.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Bloomingbud(f): 10:01am On Feb 12, 2015
sweetuju:

Exactly! someone said to ignore the pains please how possible is this? when the whole house is upside down cos one person has menstrual pain. I'll try the piroxicam.

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by babestell(f): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2015
Piroxicam aka Felvin does not cause fibroid. There has been no reported case with users. Please type it into Google and research for yourself. Yes it can cause stomach lacerations and some other complications both most times that comes with continous use. Most women take only 2 tablets in a month or 2 months.

drinking cold water helped me. And I monitor my cycle closely so I always know when the red day approaches. Reduce sugar intake 2 days before and increase fiber intake. Drink plenty of cold water and if it doesn't work. ....I reach forymy felvin....paracetamol doesn't work for me

2 Likes

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by babestell(f): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2015
zizirecords:
@OP I am a medical doctor and can give you some professional advice. While there are many suggestions about how to handle menstrual cramps, you have to be careful because many of them are not safe.

Taking analgesics may still be your best (and SAFEST) bet. Try to eat well to avoid developing peptic ulcer which can result from drugs such as Felvin. If the pains are really bad, see a gynecologist.

All the best.

Thank you dr
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by radiance26(f): 10:06am On Feb 12, 2015
I uses diclofenac,felvin is out of it,it damaged my circle and reduced the flow.
During severe pain u can use a vry hot water to bathe,and drink the hot too.It works faster.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Sylverbox(m): 10:09am On Feb 12, 2015
Some people have exaggerated menstrual cramps which is entirely normal. Best bet for you is to increase your water intake and exercise a whole lot more these have proven to reduce pains from menstrtual cramps. Take care.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Gynacologist(m): 10:13am On Feb 12, 2015
debolly:

Hmmmnnn, I don't experience menstrual pains again except for boil that do accompany it & once my period is over it just dissappear.
u min boil de commot on top of ur pussy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic / Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. / I Was Recently Diagnosed With The HPV Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.